• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Hitboxes - HARDCORE DOTS EDITION

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Samus roll is BAD. I meen, i knew it was bad, but...vulnerable while rolling? that whole time i could just see mario coming in with a dashattack from the right side

speaking of which, mario/weejee dash attacks please?

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
Could I see yoshi's dash attack?...... specifically I want to know how the head is affected. I am curious to see which yoshi attacks actually have armor on them.

Could I also see Link's down tilt? plz & thank you. =)

Metà

Smash Master
Could you do Fox's dash attack? It seems to hit a little below him, which is why I sometimes use it for edge-guarding.

Good sh*t for making all these though. Some of them really blew my mind

When I saw Kirby's up-tilt I was pretty close to shaking my computer screen LOL

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Yeah i felt kinda betrayed when I seen some of the frames...the one in my sig specifically

Falcon has some stupid stuff goin on behind his legs in a LOT of his attacks

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Yeah i felt kinda betrayed when I seen some of the frames...the one in my sig specifically

Falcon has some stupid stuff goin on behind his legs in a LOT of his attacks
What do you mean, that is a leg

His massive 3rd leg

The Star King

Smash Hero
Kirby's downb actually has yellow hitboxes because while it cannot be hit, it can be grabbed. I think this adds another invincibility class just for Kirby's downb, but the creators thought it wasn't important enough to assign its own color.
I believe I figured why Kirby's Stone has yellow hitboxes. Yesterday I found out you can hit Kirby through his stone using sheer force. I discovered this on accident in Kirby dittos with the CPU (lol). When the CPU used his stone, I utilted it repeatedly and noticed that Kirby got hit out of his stone with less than the minimum damage Kirby's utilt normally does. I hypothesized that if you deal more than a certain percentage of damage to the stone, Kirby will be get hit out of his stone and be given the remainder %. Keep in mind that hitting Kirby's stone does not stale the move used.

3 Unstaled Kirby U-tilts vs Kirby's Stone.
Damage normally caused: 3*14% = 42%
Damage Kirby using Stone was dealt: 4%
42%-4% = 38%

4 Stale Ness U-airs vs. Kirby's Stone.
Damage normally caused: 4*12% = 48%
Damage Kirby using Stone was dealt: 10%
48%-10% = 38%

Fox F-air + 2 Shines + U-Smash (all unstaled) vs. Kirby's Stone.
Damage normally caused: 12% + 5*2% + 16% = 38%
Damage Kirby using Stone was dealt: 0% (but was knocked out of the stone)
38%

So it looks like causing 38% or greater to Kirby's stone causes Kirby to be knocked out of his stone with the remainder added to his percentage. That's why Kirby's Stone has yellow hitboxes; although at first you can't deal damage to Kirby, it is not truly invincible, as the game is recording the damage dealt to the Stone.

DMoogle

A$
Wait, am I understanding this correctly? Kirby can be knocked out of his stone?

That's an insane find, I can't believe it wasn't discovered before and became public knowledge.

The Star King

Smash Hero

That's an insane find, I can't believe it wasn't discovered before and became public knowledge.
I think it wasn't discovered because it's hard to do >38% to the Stone before it auto-transforms back to Kirby.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord

Uhh you mean it's not pretty common knowledge? I found this out the year the game came out as soon as I tried stoning into zebes's acid.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Uhh you mean it's not pretty common knowledge? I found this out the year the game came out as soon as I tried stoning into zebes's acid.
Wtf I tried stoning into Zebes's acid when the acid was like at its highest point, and I reached the bottom before I got hit out.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I had thought the acid thing was due to the auto-transform back to Kirby, but I stand corrected. I guess I never bothered to inspect the distinction because I thought auto-transform made stoning in acid a lousy strategy anyway. Not that I played Zebes much. Or Kirby either.

Don't know why the designers felt the need for auto-transform then. It's not like it's safe or anything. They provided multiple measures to to weaken his stone (grabs, auto-transform, transform back delay, 38% limit) and yet did nothing about his utilt, lol.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I found that out a long time ago... back in the days when I played against CPUs with items on. Two hits of the hammer knocks Kirby out of his stone.
Oh yeah...I remember that too. Odd. I think many of us may have discovered that once, but then forgot about it because it was so unimportant.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
It was so very important. That meant that my stones had to hit or I was dead (back in the day where Stone was by far the greatest move in the game and only Hammer could counter it). lol I was such a noob :p

The Star King

Smash Hero
Am I the first to discover the 38%/remainder thing, though? *wants to feel like he accomplished something*

Battlecow

Play to Win
Am I the first to discover the 38%/remainder thing, though? *wants to feel like he accomplished something*
I didn't know it. Looks like you're definitely the first one to figure out the 38% thing. Good job. You're a good person. Would you like a hug?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Ah, yes. My existence contributes so much to society. Waves of impact, my friend. Discovering the 38% limit will lead to the beginning of the Golden Age I have envisioned.

rpotts

Smash Lord
What I meant is basically that falcon's up+b is the only move that can beat the stone IN EVERY PLACE (items aside), on the ground and in the air (or am I wrong?)
I've never managed to doug hug a falling brick. The first hitbox may be big enough to reach kirby's hurtbox before the brick hitbox hits dougs hurtbox, but I'm unsure. Would any proficient TASer like to test this out?

Top Bottom