• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Hitboxes - HARDCORE DOTS EDITION

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Looks good, mang. An administrator can easily override the image limit (they set it in place after all), so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Although, I'm not sure if there's a board maximum...

Anyway, it could easily be split into multiple posts if it becomes a problem.

Olikus

Smash Champion
The image one, did you only use melee heads? At least the fox one. You should use 64 heads.

Pink_Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Actually they are mostly Brawl heads. There are neither 64 nor melee icons that I could find in the smiley list. And linking to images like the heads hosted on smashwiki is not an option due to the image per post limit.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Brawl!!! :O

Okay if it doesnt work editing 64 heads then its okay. Heads is good anyway, it looks less mesy than the smileys, and easier to find out whats there and whats not.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
what pixel by pixel size do you want for the head icons? I could draw them up, i kind of specialize in low pixil art.

Pink_Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the offer blade. The current size for most of the heads are 32x32 pixels, so I'm thinking 20 or 24 might be good. There's another set of icons at the ssbwiki matchup chart which look nice, if you want to use those instead: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Character_matchups_(SSB)

On a different note, the 260 img per post limit means any table using character heads can have at most 21 moves for all 12 characters (252 images). 5 aerials, 3 B moves, 3 tilts, 3 smashes, jab, roll, grab, dash, get-up make 19. That's room for 2 more rows, and everything else will probably have to be a text link.

Pink_Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Same table, different icon set - same icons as used in the match-up chart on ssbwiki. Are they too small?

Duck |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Get-up Attack |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Jab |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Roll |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Shield Jump |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Dash Attack |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Grab |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
BThrow |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Dtilt |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Ftilt |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Utilt |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
DSmash |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
FSmash |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
FSmash (high) |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
FSmash (low) |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
UpSmash |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Bair |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Dair |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
No cancel Dair |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Fair |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Nair |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
No cancel Nair |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Uair |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
No cancel Uair |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
DJC Uair |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
B |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
DownB |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
DownB Air |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
DownB Ground |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
DownB initial |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
UpB |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
UpB Air |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
UpB Ground |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
UpB initial |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Definitely this way in the table.
And also I don't know if placing the characters in the same order as they are in the tier list would be much trouble.
would it?

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
no trouble at all. I made the backgrounds in a separate psd. just tell me the order of the characters, and I will do:
red: 1,5,9
blue: 2,6,10
yellow: 3,7,11
green: 4,8,12
-for the list you give me kk. I have the whole day off tomorrow!!!!!!!!1/1/11//which hasn't happened in like 3 months!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!

*composesed*

I've been drawing hella smash characters for my comic, so drawing these little doodles takes like...... 5 seconds. I will draw the characters, then wait for your list kk.

Pink_Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Changing the column order is trivial - I've already got that done so you'll see it next time I post an update. Also the current square icons I'm using are 24x24 pixels. If you like that size then I'd suggest Blade689 to maybe make yours around that size as well. The original head icons which I thought were too big were 32 pixels and Blade's drawings are 35 pixels which are even bigger.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Pink_Kirby the table looks thrice as good now with the better font, alternating background colour rows, and of course the pictures - well done :D.

I'm not sure about everyone else but I'm happy with the current column order in it's current alphabetical positioning.

Pink_Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Thanks - the alternating color rows are just a feature of the forum
implementation and not anything I did but I'll humbly take credit for the rest :)

As for column order, I'll let you guys vote on that and I'll go with whatever the consensus ends up being.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
Changing the column order is trivial - I've already got that done so you'll see it next time I post an update. Also the current square icons I'm using are 24x24 pixels. If you like that size then I'd suggest Blade689 to maybe make yours around that size as well. The original head icons which I thought were too big were 32 pixels and Blade's drawings are 35 pixels which are even bigger.
I should just send you the files through an email or something, I think Imageshack probably re-sizes images or something.... maybe like a minimun thumb nail size or w/e. I have the files open and they say 32x32 to me.

I can go down to 24x24 btw, I will remake them from the beginning. I'll post a picture of them side by side or something.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah, I forgot to ask if we could see stuff like...... stage hitbox...... like, pok'edoor, or the tornado on hyrule...... or like how the dreamland tree works? is stuff like that possible?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I think that the hitbox gifs are generated with a specific code on a BtT stage.

All I know is that tornadoes have ridiculously large hitboxes that can grab you while you're down, which is annoying as hell.

Pink_Kirby

Smash Apprentice
My bad, they are 32x32 and not 35. But that just means they are as big as the brawl heads. It's funny how when the tornado is zooming by at top speed and picks you up in the air, sometimes your character can't keep up with the tornado so you actually get pulled along outside the tornado until it stops.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
lol too true.

You know what's fun? Trying to roll through tornadoes when they are moving that fast.

or like how the dreamland tree works? is stuff like that possible?
Stemming from this: I know it's impossible to test on the BTP stages but does anyone know how the Dreamland wind works? Is it hitboxes or something else?

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
It'd be something more like when you push another character out of the ledge with your own body than hitboxed as you don't get any damage from it.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
So I have been shang highed cuz now I'm 21, and that means all the peeps who wanted to drink with me are like "omg lets play pool", so I am finishing the other 6 tomorrow.

I started over from the beginning cuz I wanted to change my style for 24 across.

http://img145.imageshack.us/g/dk4squarepanel.jpg/

there are 4 square panels like warh0l style so you can compair about whichj one is clearer. I'm making versions of all the different backgrounds as you can see, and when I'm done, in the future you can change the order whenever you want. kk.

If the solo images are still sizing up, then its image shack, and I would like a pm of an email to send the master file to. if you have photoshop, I can give you a master file and explain how to make them in 4 seconds cuz I lable every layer and keep it very orginized. habit, habit, habit. =). I think I'm going to use these as like a chapter break, like make a wall pattern of color for like a final page or something. =).

shoot, forgot to load one fox solo image. Will post it when complete, don't figure half the list will be changed without the other.

now have: Mario, luigi, dk, jiggy, kirby, fox
need to make: cf, samus, pika, ness, yoshi, link.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOOOOO, someone shoot me an email address, and they will get a lot of jpegs, or gif, or pngs, just tell me what yah want kk.

http://img15.imageshack.us/g/cf4squarepanels.jpg/

I don't figure that everyone wanted to see them icon seperately, so I went warhol again. lol.

My fav is samus, but I think my luigi is bad.... meh, he is hard to make a lanky face in the series of 1 pixels.

Anyway, hit me back for the single icons and what colors you want, or if you just want them all to be able to change them around later?

I though about the background color being the rows, and the characters being the colums? I might have it backwards, but I think you get my idea.

As, do you need other icons like a "n/a" or a "missing" icon? so that the whole grid can be layed out without missing a space.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Fireblaster, do you plan on completing this thread? If not, could I have whatever you used to make this so I can finish it?

Sangoku

Smash Master
He used the Hitbox mode to see them. However I don't know how he made them GIFs.

Here's what I found on how to activate Hitbox mode by checking some cheats:

Not anymore =P. I tested lots of variations. Turns out the only cheats needed are:

1. 1P,3P,4P -> make him (=> $04 - appear)
2. 2P -> make him (=> $02 - don't appear)
2. stage select (=> $11 - mario target)
3. P1 -> controled -> in links target by (=> doesn't matter)

characters don't matter either

maybe you can make a hitbox character cheat using this info? xP

EDIT: Also, Captain Falcon doesn't show up on Fox/Luigi BtT stage if there's P1,P3,P4
However I didn't manage to make that work. I know there once was some savestates uploaded but the link unfortunately doesn't work anymore.

malva00

Smash Master
He used the Hitbox mode to see them. However I don't know how he made them GIFs.

Here's what I found on how to activate Hitbox mode by checking some cheats:

However I didn't manage to make that work. I know there once was some savestates uploaded but the link unfortunately doesn't work anymore.
someone mention LINK, my fav character? http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GE8I12F8

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Guys, should someone get in touch with Fireblaster and ask him to pass on the torch of this thread to someone else? It'd be great to see this table eventually get completed, but it's not going to happen when he's not around anymore.

EDIT: Thank you all for the quick and informative replies.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
...bumping this because Smashboards likes to hide all the older threads in some sort of no man's land.

Can a mod at least edit the first post with the gorgeous table Pink_Kirby posted?

tyhiggz

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know what the Jigglypuff neutral b hitbox looks like? Also, can it trump many approaching moves of other characters better than nair?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
if there was an invincibility hitbox, wouldn't that stop the laser instead of it going straight through?

i'm assuming it's one of those weird, going-into-another-plane attacks like dk taunt.

Top Bottom