• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I wonder how FE discussions would be like for the next Smash game, assuming Roy returns as a DLC character for Smash 4.
He won't, so I don't know why we should even bother talking about it. At best Roy can be an alt of Lucina or Marth, but neither option is likely at all.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I wonder how FE discussions would be like for the next Smash game, assuming Roy returns as a DLC character for Smash 4.
I'm guessing Fire Emblem discussions will be more focused on who's returning from this game and who might the new character be, if we get one.

They better not cut Robin...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm guessing Fire Emblem discussions will be more focused on who's returning from this game and who might the new character be, if we get one.

They better not cut Robin...
Lol, why would they? They'd never cut Robin. They didn't cut Ike, either, after all. At best they might redesign Robin to use the Tactician class from the next game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The only cut I can see from this game would be Lucina, who might become just a Marth alt on the next games, but given her differences compared to Marth are so superfluous, I can't even be sure of that...

Morbi

Scavenger
The only cut I can see from this game would be Lucina, who might become just a Marth alt on the next games, but given her differences compared to Marth are so superfluous, I can't even be sure of that...
I suppose it depends on the future of Fire Emblem, I myself would not be surprised to see an Awakening sequel with the focus on the children character's and their time-line, perhaps even an altered time-line. In that event, Lucina would be our blue-haired Lord and have new-found relevance (pertinence) once again in the same vein as Ike. That is actually one of the reasons I believed her to be more likely than Chrom. She has the inherent ability to be featured in the next game if Intelligent Systems wanted to utilize her and use a familiar title to incite interest in the brand.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's one thing I'm interested in as a possibility. It'd be nice if they maybe had Lucina (young Lucina) train to fight with a lance instead and later unlock the ability to use Swords, and we Lucina can get updated to use a Lance in the next Smash instead. It'd be a nice thought, although I don't find it too likely unfortunately. I don't think Lucina is going anywhere, though, and Robin definitely won't, either.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why are we talking about Smash 5 now? Lol.

Smash 4's Fire Emblem representation was perfect, so I believe it will only be something that will be added to.

Morbi

Scavenger

Smash 4's Fire Emblem representation was perfect, so I believe it will only be something that will be added to.
Smash 4's Fire Emblem representation was perfect? We have Marth and Ike over Chrom and Tharja. It was far from immaculate, acceptable, I suppose... but certainly not perfect.

(And why the use of the word "was" as though we are in the past tense? The game is not even out yet, haha.)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I actually don't like to even assume that a smash 5 will happen if it doesn't even exist (even if it does, it will be in 4-5 years anyway).

So, I never talk abut another smash because we have one now.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The one we're getting isn't good enough. Goku, Master Chief and Banjo-Kazooie must all be in the next game or there will be an uproar. Banjo-Kazooie might be enough to dissuade the mob from taking violent action, so Sakurai should consider doing that at the very least. Just an idea.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Wanna go ahead and throw a curveball here. Had Snivy not been included in the April Direct as a Pokeball fighter, would anyone support Snivy over Sceptile for a grass starter? I think Snivy would've been a cool addiction to the series

If we are already talking Smash 5, get rid of Robin and give us an actual magic Lord instead

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
My personal preference is the mature state of a Pokemon when it's reasonable. This is why I want Sceptile over Grovyle even though both would be suitable as playable characters. I think Raichu would have been better than Pikachu too, although I'm sure I'll get lynched for saying that.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Wanna go ahead and throw a curveball here. Had Snivy not been included in the April Direct as a Pokeball fighter, would anyone support Snivy over Sceptile for a grass starter? I think Snivy would've been a cool addiction to the series

If we are already talking Smash 5, get rid of Robin and give us an actual magic Lord instead

I would of been fine with any character ever if she was in.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
My personal preference is the mature state of a Pokemon when it's reasonable. This is why I want Sceptile over Grovyle even though both would be suitable as playable characters. I think Raichu would have been better than Pikachu too, although I'm sure I'll get lynched for saying that.
As long as you do not want Raichu over Pichu, no lynching will occur. :troll:

I would of been fine with any character ever if she was in.
Micaiah would have been a great Fire Emblem character, but her hair color is not correct. One might assert, "but Robin has white hair." However, that is only the default appearance. Robin has the potential to have blue-hair as well.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
As long as you do not want Raichu over Pichu, no lynching will occur. :troll:

Micaiah would have been a great Fire Emblem character, but her hair color is not correct. One might assert, "but Robin has white hair." However, that is only the default appearance. Robin has the potential to have blue-hair as well.
Well she's the "Silver-haired Maiden" so I don't see hair color being an issue.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

Not necessarily. Sceptile is a popular choice because he is the second (or do I refer to it as his third?) evolutionary form of Treecko. Greninja and Charizard are both in their final evolutionary forms. Sceptile is supposed to be the king of patterns. Snivy would probably play second fiddle to Sceptile.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I've finally decided to go along with roster week and upload my second roster.
Here it is...

3DS&WiiU Roster 2.5.png

Like the first time, I'll add this little disclaimer. I don't expect the actual roster to be this large. I just slipped in most of the characters that I feel have a good chance of making the roster at this point. Also adding K. Rool and Ridley automatically relieve me of receiving harsh backlash. So feel free to critique it if you wish. I think I already know what to expect from most of you guys.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Here it is...

View attachment 20258

Like the first time, I'll add this little disclaimer. I don't expect the actual roster to be this large. I just slipped in most of the characters that I feel have a good chance of making the roster at this point. Also adding K. Rool and Ridley automatically relieve me of receiving harsh backlash. So feel free to critique it if you wish. I think I already know what to expect from most of you guys.
This is without doubt the BEST ROSTER EVER!!!

Morbi

Scavenger
Here it is...

View attachment 20258

King K. Rool is not going to happen. Remove him from the roster and you have some fairly plausible predictions; especially with Black Shadow on your roster.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
Here it is...

View attachment 20258

King K. Rool = :pimp:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Here it is...

View attachment 20258

Cool roster.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Here it is...

View attachment 20258

It seems to be missing a certain purple Minish. :awesome:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Here it is...

View attachment 20258

Here are two quick pros and cons, with roster size aside.
Pros:
-Six Pokémon. Save us the uneeded Mewtwo vs. Jiggs debate.
-For such a large roster, there are a good # of potential clone characters.
Cons:
-Why is there no Snake? I realize he's not super likely, but I think he's at least comparable to Bandana Dee and Krystal.
-Black Shadow seems to be showing up on prediction rosters far too often lately. Especially since you have a Zelda newcomer on yours, he seems especially unnecessary.

Morbi

Scavenger
Pros:
Cons:
-Why is there no Snake? I realize he's not super likely, but I think he's at least comparable to Bandana Dee and Krystal.
-Black Shadow seems to be showing up on prediction rosters far too often lately. Especially since you have a Zelda newcomer on yours, he seems especially unnecessary.
Black Shadow is unnecessary because he has a LEGEND OF ZELDA newcomer on his roster?! Okay...

Is... Is this supposed to be trolling?
Yes and no.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Black Shadow is unnecessary because he has a LEGEND OF ZELDA newcomer on his roster?! Okay...

Yes and no.
Usually Black shadow is seen as a Ganondwarf replacement, so that Ganon can have a new moveset. I just assumed it was the same in this roster.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Usually Black shadow is seen as a Ganondwarf replacement, so that Ganon can have a new moveset. I just assumed it was the same in this roster.
What the hell am I reading? Ganondorf, a ZELDA character would be replaced by Black Shadow, a Non Zelda character? That doesn't make any sense at all!

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
What the hell am I reading? Ganondorf, a ZELDA character would be replaced by Black Shadow, a Non Zelda character? That doesn't make any sense at all!
Sorry if I worded that wrong. Many people want Ganondwarf to have an original moveset. So Black Shadow is usually placed on rosters to take Ganondwarf's old moveset so that he can get a new one.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Here it is...

View attachment 20258

"I don't expect the actual roster to be this large."
????

I know this is Smashboards and all, but how can you think there is a chance for less than 50 characters at this point? Even just adding in one newcomer and the remaining (non-Snake) veterans gets you 50.

But regardless, If Black Shadow gets in I will probably cry tears of joy because he's just so awesome (and that's also confirmation that Ganondorf is finally de-cloned with Black Shadow taking his mantle).

EDIT: I can't count. you have 55 characters and I thought that was 47.

Oh wow I can't make an intelligent post on this site.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
????

I know this is Smashboards and all, but how can you think there is a chance for less than 50 characters at this point? Even just adding in one newcomer and the remaining (non-Snake) veterans gets you 50.

But regardless, If Black Shadow gets in I will probably cry tears of joy because he's just so awesome (and that's also confirmation that Ganondorf is finally de-cloned with Black Shadow taking his mantle).
His roster is 59 characters if I counted correctly; which I, more likely than not, did not.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Pros:
Cons:
Sorry about not including Snake. I could be wrong, but I don't really see him happening at this point. You might be right, he could be comparable to Bandana Dee and Krystal, but my way of picking characters is that if Sakurai is going to add another representative for a franchise, who's the next in line? That's how I came to most of my conclusions. That goes for Black Shadow as well. I agree that he's one of the more iffy characters on the roster, but I think if F Zero were to get another character, it would be him.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
????

There are the cuts.... the terrible cuts... *shudder*
Personally, I think the roster will be between 50 and 54 characters, and some new clones if we approach the latter number.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Not necessarily. Sceptile is a popular choice because he is the second (or do I refer to it as his third?) evolutionary form of Treecko. Greninja and Charizard are both in their final evolutionary forms. Sceptile is supposed to be the king of patterns. Snivy would probably play second fiddle to Sceptile.
Actually, Serperior is very popular in Japan, placing at #4 (Snivy was around there). So even if we did play to the whole "only final forms," Serperior could've been used ahead of it to fill the "pattern."

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
There are the cuts.... the terrible cuts... *shudder*
Personally, I think the roster will be between 50 and 54 characters, and some new clones if we approach the latter number.
I'm actually in the same boat. I too am expecting the same range of characters for the actual roster.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Here it is...

View attachment 20258

Great roster, though i don't think Tetra would be the Zelda newcomer if we got one, Impa, Ganon, Ghirahim or even Vaati, but Tetra i just don't see it happening, just my two cents. Also it lacks Dark Pit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom