• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I consider Mewtwo a lock in at this point, he has nothing standing in his way, Who else can be the 6th pokemon rep? Sceptile? Zoroark? Nope, it will be Mewtwo, I'm sure
He has a lot of going for him for sure. He is still one of the most popular Pokemon out there and has been directly asked about to Sakurai (which resulted in ,,we'l think about it''), so he is aware of fan demand. He was the first pokemon to be shown using Mega evolution in the new game, and then ended up with two of them which is something not many Pokemon can boast about (other notable one being Charizard, another popular Pokemon that is in Smash). Not to mention starring in a new movie, ect.

My memory is a bit hazy, but wasnt the only reson he was left out of Brawl because of Sonic's late inclusion and lack of time? They seem to have a much better planned out schedual this time around, so I'd say his chances are pretty high.

Really? When did this happen?
Here ya go

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I consider Mewtwo a lock in at this point, he has nothing standing in his way, Who else can be the 6th pokemon rep? Sceptile? Zoroark? Nope, it will be Mewtwo, I'm sure
I think the question is whether we're getting a 6th Pokémon rep at all, if we do get that then he's a lock.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I remember that. Looks like it was really just someone who forgot to remove debug features.

If anything I'd expect Hades to show up like Viridi does, or perhaps Dark Pit (Which makes a lot of sense honestly) as a boss thanks to the trailer. He is literally coming to crash the party at Palutena's, after all...

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Make me understand one thing why should mewtwo get special treatment out of the cut characters that seems unfair to pichu, roy, and Dr. Mario if he comes back they all deserve to come back

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Make me understand one thing why should mewtwo get special treatment out of the cut characters that seems unfair to pichu, roy, and Dr. Mario if he comes back they all deserve to come back
Because he's remained important and popular, among both Smash fans and Pokemon fans. I'd say that gives him a good lead already.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Mewtwo's also kind of the most requested character ever for Smash 4. He's in Mega Tier with Megaman and himself at that point.

In addition, he was the only cut character that had a unique moveset that was never actually revived in any way, shape of form.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
It is not unfair at all. First of all, Pichu, Roy, and Dr. Mario are ALL clones. They don't offer anything unique to the series (unless you count Dr. Mario's pill, LOL). Furthermore, Mewtwo remains one of the most (if not THE most) popular Pokemon and character choices for Smash. He's still relevant today, appearing in the most recent Pokemon movie and being significant in X and Y. The only other character that was cut that has anything going for them is Roy, due to his huge popularity. However, his chance is mostly done for due to Lucina's addition.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Mewtwo's also kind of the most requested character ever for Smash 4. He's in Mega Tier with Megaman and himself at that point.

In addition, he was the only cut character that had a unique moveset that was never actually revived in any way, shape of form.
But Lucario replaced him!:troll:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, Mewtwo's the most popular of them all, is currently one of the most requested characters for this Smash, is the only one of them that isn't a clone, and is still an icon of the Pokemon series to this day (perhaps even more so than he was before with all the attention he's getting).

None of the other cut veterans even come close to having Mewtwo's credentials.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
But guys Mewtwo is a clone! In fact, he's the biggest clone of them all!

:troll:

Just kidding but yeah. Mewtwo (and Roy to some extend) seem to be the only one(s) from the Melee days with somewhat of a big demand to be brought back.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Relevancy this credentials that that still doesn't cover the fact he was cut why can't you mewtwo fans accept he was cut and is not coming back

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
My point is he is a cut character and he doesn't deserve special treatment anymore than those characters listed
The only truely cut characters are only Young Link and Pichu, both of which weren't planned to be playable in Brawl at all. I think Dr.Mario will be an alt of regular Mario, so that cuts him out of playablility (for me, at least) and I find Roy extremely likely for DLC, and these characters have less going for them than Mewtwo does. Mewtwo has his extreme popularity in both Pokemon and Smash, being the 2nd most popular Pokemon and the most wanted character for Smash. Mewtwo is the posterboy for Mega-Evolutions and is pretty darn important in Pokemon X and Y, and Sakurai has considered adding his Mega form to Smash Bros which almost makes him a shoo-in at this point. Why consider one's Mega form without the regular form? (Oh, and Sakurai was hugely teasing him in Greninja's trailer too)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Relevancy this credentials that that still doesn't cover the fact he was cut why can't you mewtwo fans accept he was cut and is not coming back
Unless you can provide absolute proof that cut characters are unable to return, we will continue to support and hope for Mewtwo's return.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Being cut from one game because of developement time doesnt mean he is gone forever. And as mentioned before, he is an unique moveset unlike other cut characters, AND is very popular, so bringing him back aint something unrealistic.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Well if my favorite character gets cut im not going to spend every minute of my life hoping he comes back im going to be like oh well and go on with my life and I can't stress this enough there is more important things in life than these characters we talk about

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
This is a character discussion thread... We are going to discuss characters. A lot of characters. That includes Mewtwo, who is arguably the most talked about character ever, and not only on these boards.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Well if you don't excuse me I have a life to enjoy unlike some of you guys in going to a event my city hold once a year called The Decatur celebration bye

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well if you don't excuse me I have a life to enjoy unlike some of you guys in going to a event my city hold once a year called The Decatur celebration bye
If you don't want to discuss characters then why are you here?

Don't try to act like you're better than anyone here. I have a job and work with foster animals. Don't act like you're top dawg.
*Starts crying about my otherwise useless life* :crying:
:troll:

Anyways, how about that Mewtwo? :awesome:
CONFIRMED :troll:

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well if my favorite character gets cut im not going to spend every minute of my life hoping he comes back im going to be like oh well and go on with my life and I can't stress this enough there is more important things in life than these characters we talk about
You main Mario, I don't think that will happen.

It wouldn't be fair for the far-less requested and far-less popular clones.
Oh yeah for sure I forgot! By the way, is your avatar from Survivor?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Mewtwo was planned for all 3 games so I don't see why they wouldn't try to bring him back.
The only thing stopping him from doing so as far as I see it is his own awful track record of actually appearing.

Popularity wise he easily outclasses just about every character ever suggested.

I'm still leaning towards DLC being his only way in though. I just don't trust him to be put in at this stage.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
You came here, bashed mewtwo fans, you were given reasons why people support mewtwo, you accused them of not having a life, and left. Ok.

Anyway.
I really want to see the ice climbers soon. I'm getting worried about them.

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I heard Ruben studdard is big star of the festival.... Sounds like fun...

You shouldn't be judging we all are at the same place.

But I think mewtwo is likely to return I feel like there's enough room for him. And I hate to say it like there are certain amount of spots but whenever I make a roster I always am able to fit him in with all my other choices :)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
The only thing stopping him from doing so as far as I see it is his own awful track record of actually appearing.

Popularity wise he easily outclasses just about every character ever suggested.

I'm still leaning towards DLC being his only way in though. I just don't trust him to be put in at this stage.
Personally I think the delay saves him and Lucas.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
I don't understand why you post this in a character thread and then imply we have no life for discussing a specific character...

- I've lost all respect for you. :4greninja:

Morbi

Scavenger
Mewtwo was planned for all 3 games so I don't see why they wouldn't try to bring him back.
Mewtwo was even considered for Smash 4 (as evidenced by Sakurai's abrupt and unnecessary declaration of such) and he makes an appearance in Project M, thereby exhibiting his prominence to Smash.

Do they celebrate Dark Pit's inclusion in Smash at the Decatur celebration?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Now that it is the last month of Summer,

Does anyone else have the issue of thinking about this delay having not happened? How this game would be out soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom