• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
No it did not. The most hilarious part? You cannot even say that I am asserting such in hind-sight.
Well, it provided structure and something that was the closest thing to resembling proof. Now it's just more white noise among conjecture and hearsay. Guesswork. Maybe logically worked out, but still guesswork and nothing more.

ShadowMarth14

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashBro801
Because she's bigger than any alt we've seen so far. She IS a new character that a lot of people will be happy to play as. Honestly there's going to be backlash any way, because a lot of people will be upset if they put clones back in, and she's more clone-y than any clone so far from what we've seen, literally being somebody who pretended to be Marth.

Nothing's definite, but I think the most sensible way to treat it would be as an equal to Marth, but not a completely separate and new character.
Don't they also have this whole Moveset Customization? Usually i despise messing with movesets, because i'm competative. But people will be able to change Lucina's moves to separate her from Marth a bit more. I'm happy with her as is though.:estatic:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
"As I'm sure most of ya know, the leaker e-mailed me last night teasing Shulk.

He also e-mailed me again this morning saying Nintendo keeps a lot secret from Bandai Namco, and that Sakurai may change his mind as he does all the time, but that Shulk was 100%.

A quote: "I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made available. Sakurai may change his mind, and he does all the time. Shulk will not be changed."

I've e-mailed him about the lack of Shulk, as well as the whole Chrom being a Final Smash thing. I'll update if I get a response.

Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say."

Words from Sal in Gematsu, i still think that we should be on the lookout for Shulk and especially the Chorus Kids, after all, it's only fair that after we used so many "information being outdated" arguments and decided to not just blindly believe the leak, we should still give the benefit of the doubt.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
One thing I would say is that I have been underwhelmed with the last three Wii U character models, with Palutena, Robin, and Lucina. There is something off about them but it's hard to say. However, that won't stop my excitement. Pac-Man's model is perfect though.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings

He also e-mailed me again this morning saying Nintendo keeps a lot secret from Bandai Namco, and that Sakurai may change his mind as he does all the time, but that Shulk was 100%.

A quote: "I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made available. Sakurai may change his mind, and he does all the time. Shulk will not be changed."

I've e-mailed him about the lack of Shulk, as well as the whole Chrom being a Final Smash thing. I'll update if I get a response.

Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say."

Words from Sal in Gematsu, i still think that we should be on the lookout for Shulk and especially the Chorus Kids, after all, it's only fair that after we used so many "information being outdated" arguments and decided to not just blindly believe the leak, we should still give the benefit of the doubt.
No reason to. His word is as worthless as anyone else's now. He got lucky. Improbably so, but there's no reason to trust anything more from him now.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
One thing I would say is that I have been underwhelmed with the last three Wii U character models, with Palutena, Robin, and Lucina. There is something off about them but it's hard to say. However, that won't stop my excitement. Pac-Man's model is perfect though.
It's the face, specifically the mouth (and possibly eyes?) in Robin and Lucina's case. Palutena looks straight up bored in her trailer, Lucina looks REALLY derpy in the "I'll fight alongside of you!" clip.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
No reason to. His word is as worthless as anyone else's now. He got lucky. Improbably so, but there's no reason to trust anything more from him now.
Whatever floats your boat, i'm just saying that i'm not going to completely disregard it just yet.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sal's word isn't worthless but no one should be treating it as definite fact anymore.

Morbi

Scavenger

I would not be surprised if Chorus Men were planned prior to Sakurai discovering the limitations of the 3DS to be honest. Regardless, I suppose that I have been asserting that the information has been outdated for the past few months, so it would be contradictory to disregard the leak at this point. Perhaps Chrom was intended to be the clone; however, he is the main Lord of Awakening, so Sakurai deemed it better to select Lucina. Given the notion that Arena Ferox is her home-stage, that would not surprise me either. Monolift Soft tweeting anything and everything Smash related still makes Shulk the "Twitter Warrior."

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Don't they also have this whole Moveset Customization? Usually i despise messing with movesets, because i'm competative. But people will be able to change Lucina's moves to separate her from Marth a bit more. I'm happy with her as is though.:estatic:
Yeah, but that's kind of a cop-out. You also can't use the custom movesets in some of the online modes, if I recall.

I'm happy Lucina's there, because it honestly feels like the best way to get those Awakening reps. The reservations on Chrom and Lucina were always that they'd be clone-y, but this is perfect; she IS so similar to Marth, just make her share Marth's moveset and make her essentially a gender-swap. We can still play as her the way she is in the games and get everything out of it, and we still got a completely unique rep along with it; both sides got what they wanted.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I just think Gematsu was outdated, which was how he got so many characters correct. Things change in development.

Chorus men may not be the Heaven Character Showing up, but still think we will get one because of sneaking spirits.

Shulk may or may not be in there. Perhaps, it was just chosen not to announce him today; but we haven't received any solid evidence of his inclusion to my knowledge.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Whatever floats your boat, i'm just saying that i'm not going to completely disregard it just yet.
Why? Why trust anything that comes from someone caught in a lie? Not only did Shulk not get revealed, but Chrom was outright killed as far as playability. Everything about the leak now comes into serious question because it can no longer be regarded as fact. Without facts, you cant have meaningful arguments. This throws the following into jeopardy:

- DLC
- Lucas and Ness's statuses.
- Shulk
- Chorus Men

There are no proofs to these anymore. They could be true. They could be false. It's purely up in the air now, and no one can prove anything anymore. That's useless.

ShadowMarth14

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashBro801
Yeah, but that's kind of a cop-out. You also can't use the custom movesets in some of the online modes, if I recall.

I'm happy Lucina's there, because it honestly feels like the best way to get those Awakening reps. The reservations on Chrom and Lucina were always that they'd be clone-y, but this is perfect; she IS so similar to Marth, just make her share Marth's moveset and make her essentially a gender-swap. We can still play as her the way she is in the games and get everything out of it, and we still got a completely unique rep along with it; both sides got what they wanted.
Oh yeah, well i hope the Lucina haters can just play as Robin in peace.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Why? Why trust anything that comes from someone caught in a lie? Not only did Shulk not get revealed, but Chrom was outright killed as far as playability. Everything about the leak now comes into serious question because it can no longer be regarded as fact. Without facts, you cant have meaningful arguments. This throws the following into jeopardy:

- DLC
- Shulk
- Chorus Men

There are no proofs to these anymore. They could be true. They could be false. It's purely up in the air now, and no one can prove anything anymore. That's useless.
Well Chrorus Men still have a "proof"

The Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run (but as i said before take that as a grain of salt)

Weeman

Smash Crusader

- DLC
- Shulk
- Chorus Men

It was never a fact to begin with, not even before this, and honestly it still got 8 newcomers right, so i'm just going to still be on the lookout for it, that's all, it was your fault for regarding it as a fact in the first place.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Well Chrorus Men still have a "proof"

The Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run (but as i said before take that as a grain of salt)
Not at all. The Sneaky Spirit merely means RH has some representation in Smash Run. It by no means, at least not without Gematsu's backing anymore, specifies that the CK are in. Remember the situation in Brawl with the Animal Crossing Stage not having a rep to go with it?

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I'm still expecting Shulk as well as a Rhythm Heaven rep, whether or not it's Chorus Men no one knows but I like them so I'm still hoping for them.

As far as whether the leak was legit or not I really don't care anymore.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
It was never a fact to begin with, not even before this, and honestly it still got 8 newcomers right, so i'm just going to still be on the lookout for it, that's all, it was your fault for regarding it as a fact in the first place.
That's nothing more than arguing opinions then, and what use is that?

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I still think Shulk is playable, but anyway, this means that Lucas chances of returning are very high again, Chorus Men may not be playable, I always though that if the developer team had a hard time with ice climbers, then I wouldn't be surprised if those guys were scrapped by that, we could still be getting marshal thought

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Eh, so hee wasnt completely right! Its cool, I guess. Lucina and Robin were my most wanted FE newcomers, so im thrilled. Im still confident in Shulk, and a little weary of the kds, but they can still get in. Im happy, and plus we got the Falcon! Still just need Shulk, Lucas, and Mewtwo. And ill be happy with the roster.

Four FE characters? Okay, there HAS to be a DK character.

Morbi

Scavenger

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
The Gematsu Leak may not be so reliable anymore but does not close the door for the Shulk and Chrous Kids

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
I still think Shulk is playable, but anyway, this means that Lucas chances of returning are very high again, Chorus Men may not be playable, I always though that if the developer team had a hard time with ice climbers, then I wouldn't be surprised if those guys were scrapped by that, we could still be getting marshal thought
There's no reason to think RH will get a rep at all. Brawl had a stage with no rep(several, actually!). A throwaway enemy would be little different.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/speculation

This is what we old-timers did prior to the Gematsu leak. This is what we can (thankfully) continue to do.
A guessing game. Nothing more.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
I also asserted that I am open to multiple possibilities. I also asserted that Shulk was not feasible in the slightest. AND more importantly, I have vehemently detracted the leak since its conception.
Shulk is definitely not feasible. In no universe is he the star of one of the most popular new Nintendo IPs in the past decade, and in no universe would Nintendo ever want him in to represent a franchise whose second (very high-budget) game is releasing in the next 12 or so months.

Shulk not being revealed today does not mean he is not going to be playable.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if it was brought up before, but with Lucina being a carbon-copy clone of Marth moveset-wise, doesn't that make her entirely redundant with the Custom Specials?

Ergo, she's not her own character. Case closed.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Eh, so hee wasnt completely right! Its cool, I guess. Lucina and Robin were my most wanted FE newcomers, so im thrilled. Im still confident in Shulk, and a little weary of the kds, but they can still get in. Im happy, and plus we got the Falcon! Still just need Shulk, Lucas, and Mewtwo. And ill be happy with the roster.

Four FE characters? Okay, there HAS to be a DK character.
I'm with you there, i'm expecting Shulk as well and i'm mainly waiting for Lucas and Mewtwo (i won't be mad if they don't make it but i will be a little sad) and my plus are Ghirahim (as much as i want Ghirahim, he's not that likely) and Ridley (mainly to see all those that ask for him with a smile in their faces) :dr^_^:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
We don't know if the roster size has necessarily changed either. (edit: In regards to 47+ R)
I would imagine it would be bigger, especially because the Tree House guy said the roster was relatively large.

I would hate to find out we just witnessed something like Lucina replacing Wolf or Lucas etc.
(If Lucina isn't an alt)

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Not sure if it was brought up before, but with Lucina being a carbon-copy clone of Marth moveset-wise, doesn't that make her entirely redundant with the Custom Specials?

Who's to say clones don't carry custom moves identical to their original? No reason why Falco's custom blasters wouldn't be the same as Fox's.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787

You can't even close a case without any further speculation on the character who was just revealed recently.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I still think Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven character will be playable (although I am not sure what Rhythm Heaven character).

Well, now I have more hope for King K. Rool. Two DK characters compared to four FE characters is sad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom