• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Name me one pair of characters that share the exact same idle stance and idle pose.

If you can do that, I'll shut up.
Idle stances and poses don't constitute an entire moveset, assuming they'd be the exact same at this point is still quite a leap.

Though I'd like to see a comparison of the two idling next to each other, do you happen to have one?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Lucina might have a different final Smash as pointed out by Swampasaur.

If so, then she is not a carbon copy of Marth.

Morbi

Scavenger

Now that Gematsu is dead, we can now have more free-ranged character discussions. This is my predicted roster. Honestly, the only one I care about is Bandana Dee. So you can replace whoever else with your favorite.
I replaced him with Ghirahim. Just so that you are aware. It hurts inside though, so instead, I am going to replace Sceptile! :dazwa:

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
I don't see why people don't like clones so much, or would prefer an alt skin. If they're going to go through all the trouble of making a separate model for a completely different character, why not just give them their own slot? The amount of work they have to put into the character is practically the same, and a looks a whole lot more professional than playing as Lucian and having the announcer call you Marth.

Personally, I would rather have a bunch of clones than not get those characters at all. As long as it doesn't take away from the development of completely new characters, the more the merrier.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Idle stances and poses don't constitute an entire moveset, assuming they'd be the exact same at this point is still quite a leap.

Though I'd like to see a comparison of the two idling next to each other, do you happen to have one?
I don't have a direct comparision (too much lag)

But I can confirm that while their stances are similar, Lucina has a unique pose in her idle stance, resembling her artwork. Also, the mask shown in one of her screenshots is undoubtedly a taunt.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

Now that Gematsu is dead, we can now have more free-ranged character discussions. This is my predicted roster. Honestly, the only one I care about is Bandana Dee. So you can replace whoever else with your favorite.
That ROSTER...*dramatic music*...is Perfection! 10/10

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

I replace random with Layton!

domokl

Smash Lord
Ahhh seeing lucas back on rosters is so sastisfying man.

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Sakurai is such a jerk. How dare he spoil Fire Emblem: Awakening's plot!?

He did the same thing with Sheik!

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a direct comparision (too much lag)

But I can confirm that while their stances are similar, Lucina has a unique pose in her idle stance, resembling her artwork. Also, the mask shown in one of her screenshots is undoubtedly a taunt.
Or entrance animation. Also pretty Masked Marth will be an alt costume, similar to Mac.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't see why people don't like clones so much, or would prefer an alt skin. If they're going to go through all the trouble of making a separate model for a completely different character, why not just give them their own slot? The amount of work they have to put into the character is practically the same, and a looks a whole lot more professional than playing as Lucian and having the announcer call you Marth.

Personally, I would rather have a bunch of clones than not get those characters at all. As long as it doesn't take away from the development of completely new characters, the more the merrier.
This man understands the fundamentals. I am GLAD that Lucina is a Marth clone, undoubtedly a faster Marth at that. I was concerned during the invitational... but now I see why he was ever so slightly nerfed. It was so that I could main Lucina instead. Well... time to get some more Marth practice in.

Last edited:

robjay13

Smash Rookie
:halberd:Im pretty sure the stage will reappear. C. Falcon's pictures show a "warning" in an area similar to the begining:falcon64:

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice

I would put mewtwo in over sceptile (even though I'd prefer sceptile just don't think it's gonna happen initially) and put in Dixie instead of bandana dee.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I guess it'll just take a few days for me to get over the disappointment of the first new clone in the next Smash. We were soo close to being without one this game.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I would put mewtwo in over sceptile (even though I'd prefer sceptile just don't think it's gonna happen initially) and put in Dixie instead of bandana dee.
How about no......put Dixie instead of K Rool if you may, but I said no changing the Dee!

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
:halberd:Im pretty sure the stage will reappear. C. Falcon's pictures show a "warning" in an area similar to the begining:falcon64:
They already showed this stage as confirmed I believe

Edit: beat to it. I love how alive the boards are today

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well I must say I dind´t expect two more Fire Emblem characters but my mind is telling me right now, what is happening with Ridley, Dixie Kong/King K. Rool, Shulk, Isaac and Andy/Sami/Nell, I really want those characters.

.n_n.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So I think Donkey Kong can have both Dixie and K. Rool now, since Fire Emblem, a sort of tiny series, can get four reps.

Which makes me happy.

D

Deleted member

Link and Young Link.
Captain falcon and Ganondorf (initially)
Fox and Falco (initially)

Link and Toon Link's idles are very similar.
Wrong. All wrong.

Link
Idle Stance:

(hard for me to explain)
Idle Pose: HAS NONE

Young Link
Idle Stance: Actually has the same as Link's, but does it faster.
Idle Pose: Has TWO (Melee generally has one per character); 1. kicks his boots into the ground; 2. Looks around him.

Fox
Idle Stance: Slowly shifts back and forth with fists to the side.
Idle Pose: Looks behind him from the corner of his eye.

Falco
Idle Stance: Hops up and down with open hands, then turns to his side and widens his stance before going to the first stance.
Idle Pose: In his widened stance, motions towards the opponents to come at him with his left hand.

Captain Falcon
Idle Stance: Stands shaking his left fist and keeps his right fist to his side.
Idle Pose: Has TWO; 1. Quickly makes an upwards thrust with his left fist; 2. Leans forward and sticks both elbows out with hands in a claw position.

Ganondorf
Idle Stance: Stands outstretching his hands and shaking them as he grips them.
Idle Pose: Reaches forward with his right hand, then pulls it back while stretching out his left.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Well, who would have said it, Sakurai has managed to disprove all leaks, all fan theories...again, I mean seriously, this is like the 4th-5th time has has done it, and all of them in 3 minutes
I would say that Rhythm heaven is more likely to get in than Shulk now

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The funny thing is that if Ness had a Paula alt, it would make sense. Just replace the homerun bat with a frying pan, and there ya go.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I still think that Bandana Dee should be in the game on the basis that Kirby should get a 4th Rep....

domokl

Smash Lord
I feel like with gematsu 99% dead k rool and ridley are locks at this point. Silly us thinking sakurai would make that dreaded 47aracter roster.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Do you not understand what carbon-copy means?
No character in Melee was a carbon-copy of each other. Not even the clones.

EDIT: AGAIN, so many people want to defend the idea we have a bigger clone than Toon Link instead of fathoming the idea that Lucina is an alt of Marth.
Why?
We only got a short trailer of what Lucina's moveset is and so far some of those moves are Marth's as well. Just because we got a trailer doesn't automatically mean she's a clone. If you want clones, we can always discuss the whole Link/Tink debate, which I think is about as pointless as the StarFox trio.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wrong. All wrong.

Link
Idle Stance:

(hard for me to explain)
Idle Pose: HAS NONE

Young Link
Idle Stance: Actually has the same as Link's, but does it faster.
Idle Pose: Has TWO (Melee generally has one per character); 1. kicks his boots into the ground; 2. Looks around him.

Fox
Idle Stance: Slowly shifts back and forth with fists to the side.
Idle Pose: Looks behind him from the corner of his eye.

Falco
Idle Stance: Hops up and down with open hands, then turns to his side and widens his stance before going to the first stance.
Idle Pose: In his widened stance, motions towards the opponents to come at him with his left hand.

Captain Falcon
Idle Stance: Stands shaking his left fist and keeps his right fist to his side.
Idle Pose: Has TWO; 1. Quickly makes an upwards thrust with his left fist; 2. Leans forward and sticks both elbows out with hands in a claw position.

Ganondorf
Idle Stance: Stands outstretching his hands and shaking them as he grips them.
Idle Pose: Reaches forward with his right hand, then pulls it back while stretching out his left.
Thank you for proving my point.

I assumed they all had identical stances based on what I remembered.

Just like you assumed Lucina's and Marth's stances/poses are identical based on two seconds of footage.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Rip in pieces Gematsu leak, aahhh, yes... Robin, not bad, and Lucina is a plus.
Now we'll see rosters people want, not believe because of the leak.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Also, here's what sakurai said before if you guys are still thinking about the lucina-marth controversy.

From Joystiq (source on image):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom