• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I personally have never heard of those characters. But I have heard of Robin, which In my opinion makes him more deserving of the role.
Pretty much what my point is about. Why more of recent newcomers when they could've added more classic Fire Emblem characters to not only bring up nostalgia, but also to spice up the weapon department instead of characters using swords all the time. Even though I'm happy we got a little more diversity with weapons, Robin still has the swords, which isn't as much diversity as some would expect. As far as mage characters go, I was hoping for Michiah to get in due to being a pure mage instead. Would've added more diversity to the roster instead but that's me.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
*accepts*

I'm having trouble posting my roster for some reason, but just to clarify...
K. Rool, Ridley, and Dixie Kong are newcomers as well as Shulk and Chorus Kids, and Lucas is back.
I don't think this is going to happen, necessarily, I'm just a little hyped and not thinking straight. :crazy:
What about Ghirahim?! :drflip:

I want to believe these's real:

We already have the Palutena and the FE character (Lucina and Robin) so we are missing Ridley and Ghirahim, let it become true!!! :drohyou:

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I love this reveal for several reasons.
1. The almighty Captain Falcon is back.
2. Chrom isn't playable.
3. Sal was wrong.
4. Everybody was expecting Shulk.

Did I mention, Sal was wrong?

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't know what someone put in your coffee when you weren't looking, but you need step off.
You have done nothing but get pissy over nothing since you've logged on. And for what? Denial over Lucina being an alt which started as angry denial over her even being a CLONE despite being shown using Marth's attacks?
Does it really matter to you if she's an alt? She's still in the game and you'll still be able to play as her. She's still going to be a Marth clone (which so far she's shown to be a bigger clone than Toon Link which heavily implies "alt" regardless of some "Ermahgerd it says NEWCOMER" logic (which no **** it'll say that; Lucina wasn't in Brawl in any way, shape or form, now was she?) and rage) either way.

You've made my fits of anger look peaceful, which is no easy task.
She has the banner; however, there is quite clearly a question mark during her "reveal" statement. It was just Sakurai being Sakurai, her model is very reminiscent of Marth and as you stated, she is a blatant clone if she is not an alternative.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
What happened to Mrs. Altruism is not logical because GOD would not deliberately lie after telling the truth? What happened to Sal becoming Sakurai after Shulk's reveal? Maybe he meant Robin, he does have white-hair after all, anime swordsmen confusion? I thought it was "ironclad." You are such a tool.
I worked with the information I had. The information proved itself false in the worst possible way. So you won. What else do you want? You even said you were ready to convert were it Shulk. You had your doubts, don't pretend your faith was as absolute as you act like it is.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Did I mention, Sal was wrong?
Alright, let me set this straight.

It is not Sal's fault. He was just telling us what his tipper had said to him. If his tipper was sending him false info, how would Sal know? He wasn't trying to trick us; he thought it was legit just like the rest of us.

And for the record it's still partially legit, and probably outdated.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't even know what to do with my roster right now, besides removing Chrom. :troll:

I'm very much beginning to think that the roster will be far larger than the pessimists persistently said they would be. @YouKnowWhoYouAre

I do know one thing is for sure, Chorus Men can take a most welcome leave of my roster.

Morbi

Scavenger
I worked with the information I had. The information proved itself false in the worst possible way. So you won. What else do you want? You even said you were ready to convert were it Shulk. You had your doubts, don't pretend your faith was as absolute as you act like it is.
I also asserted that I am open to multiple possibilities. I also asserted that Shulk was not feasible in the slightest. AND more importantly, I have vehemently detracted the leak since its conception.

Last edited:

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
It was a 3 minute trailer, revealing three characters.

Lets pretend that each character gets 30 seconds of in game play shown (Which could honestly be less).

From those 30 seconds you are already saying that she is an exact clone of marth, with absolutely no differences? I think that, that is rash. Do you honestly believe that Soccoreye would do something like that? Especially with how much work he is putting into this game?
I'm not saying it's definite, but there's definitely more evidence in my eyes to suggest she's not a completely standalone character. Even her idle poses and such were the same as Marth's, if you go bit by bit and dissect it. She has a few separate animations due to the different sword and such, but going off of what we've seen she would be the biggest clone we've gotten so far if she continues in this fashion. Even the costumes are so similar it would be disorienting to have them separate.

Once again, not definite, but from what I've seen it seems the most sensible for her to mostly be an alternative option for people who liked her a lot more than Marth (which is a lot of people) with Robin being the completely new character. It would also explain the smaller space on the Smash site; She's a new character, but her moveset is something we've seen before. She's much bigger and more important than the other alts which are essentially just gender swaps--especially because in this case they're both pretty ladies.

I'm fine with it either way, it just seems weird for them (and a waste of time) to throw in a Marth clone who is less unique than Roy along with a completely unique character. To me, it's reading as an alt.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
No, it can't. Gematsu is done. Discard it. If it cannot be trusted, which this reveals that it cannot, it is worthless to base speculation around. It's as much a guess as just throwing darts, now.
This is really hilarious to hear these words out of your mouth. Literally the opposite of what you have been screaming to us about for a month. ;)

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute, with Lucina being a straight up clone of Marth maybe Dark Pit actually will be his own character, just as a straight up clone of Pit. If that ends up being the case I really want to see an epic trailer of heroes vs villains including the 8 franchises shown in the initial trailer. Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pit, Donkey Kong, and Pikachu vs Bowser Ganondorf, Ridley, King Dedede, Wolf, Dark Pit, K. Rool and Mewtwo. Watch it turn out that Ridley's shadow, Kremlings in Smash Run, Dark Pit's appearance in Palutena's trailer, and Greninja looking like Mewtwo were all signs of them being added.
We do not know if she is an exact clone or not. We only saw a few of her moves for >30 seconds.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
What about Ghirahim?! :drflip:

I want to believe these's real:

We already have the Palutena and the FE character (Lucina and Robin) so we are missing Ridley and Ghirahim, let it become true!!! :drohyou:
I don't think we need another Zelda rep, unless it was, like, Impa. Especially not Ghirahim. Plz no Skyward Sword.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think Lucina is separate.

I thought that there weren't anymore semi-clones being added, but I was wrong. She wouldn't get a formal announcement or a page on the website had she been an alternate costume.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I don't even know what to do with my roster right now, besides removing Chrom. :troll:

I'm very much beginning to think that the roster will be far larger than the pessimists persistently said they would be. @YouKnowWhoYouAre

I do know one thing is for sure, Chorus Men can take a most welcome leave of my roster.
Actually i still believe Chorus Men is in the roster (mainly because of the Chorus Men enemy that's on Smash Run) :drshrug:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wait a minute, with Lucina being a straight up clone of Marth maybe Dark Pit actually will be his own character, just as a straight up clone of Pit. If that ends up being the case I really want to see an epic trailer of heroes vs villains including the 8 franchises shown in the initial trailer. Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pit, Donkey Kong, and Pikachu vs Bowser Ganondorf, Ridley, King Dedede, Wolf, Dark Pit, K. Rool and Mewtwo. Watch it turn out that Ridley's shadow, Kremlings in Smash Run, Dark Pit's appearance in Palutena's trailer, and Greninja looking like Mewtwo were all signs of them being added.
Eh, if Dark Pit is a character I think he'd be confirmed in Palutena's trailer, no way he's getting anything for himself. Doesn't even matter if he's unlockable or not anymore, today we have 4 FE characters on the roster, a franchise otherwise known for always having unlockables, so I'm sure he'd have been revealed by now if anything. But of course that's just a prediction, would only be the 300th time Sakurai has slapped me in the face if I'm wrong.

At least there's a chance we might actually get at least one villain newcomer now, a villain trailer would be the best thing ever.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings

It is not Sal's fault. He was just telling us what his tipper had said to him. If his tipper was sending him false info, how would Sal know? He wasn't trying to trick us; he thought it was legit just like the rest of us.

Don't bother defending it anymore. The anarchists have their day. Gematsu is no longer usable for speculative purposes. Now it's just a curious little piece of history. It's strange that he got 8 out of 11, but I guess that's luck for you. It runs out eventually. What a waste.

I also asserted that I am open to multiple possibilities. I also asserted that Shulk was not feasible in the slightest. AND more importantly, I have vehemently detracted the leak since its conception.
Wonderful. Well, as I've conceded already, you've won. You have your world without rules. You can assert and dismiss on whatever whim you feel appropriate now, without need to regard anything beyond your own gut.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Lucina is definitely separate. She has her own icon on the site, like Toon Link. Case closed.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman

This is something that we don't know and have no means to know it. All you said are just assumptions that could go either way. But what we know is that, he was wrong about Chrom being playable and Shulk being revealed today.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

Methinks the leak at last years E3 was legit, the rest was a lucky guess

Morbi

Scavenger
Don't bother defending it anymore. The anarchists have their day. Gematsu is no longer usable for speculative purposes. Now it's just a curious little piece of history. It's strange that he got 8 out of 11, but I guess that's luck for you. It runs out eventually. What a waste.

Wonderful. Well, as I've conceded already, you've won. You have your world without rules. You can assert and dismiss on whatever whim you feel appropriate now, without need to regard anything beyond your own gut.
Logic, despite the notion that you do not believe the literal definition of the word, "logic," I have been using it. That is precisely why I have a 90% success rate when it comes to speculation. I do not join the bandwagon which is notoriously incompetent and I change my speculation when there is evidence in favor of something else. For instance Robin. She is a fairly relevant example given her recent reveal.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I don't think we need another Zelda rep, unless it was, like, Impa. Especially not Ghirahim. Plz no Skyward Sword.
Well even if you don't like Skyward Sword, it good a great rating by many gaming pages, etc... (not a best seller but meeehhh), and in general, SS was pretty good, that's the Zelda with the best temples (i hate the ending) and one of the most interesting villains (Ghirahim was one of the best build character that Zelda have -having in mind that his story and personality was build in only 1 game not like Gannondorf)

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
As far as Dark Pit goes, we haven't gotten a G&W announcement either and he was in the Pac-Man trailer.
At this point, he could be a clone of Pit..or Sakurai trolling us.

If Lucina wasn't a straight up "New Comer" it is most likely because she is a clone of Marth.
Edit: I know she is a newcomer, but it wasn't as elaborate as Robins with the banner and all. Think it is because of the clonishness.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Don't you just love how the Gematsu believers all said that we were grasping at straws and making excuses to disprove it, and now they're the ones trying to make excuses as to why it can't possibly be wrong. "Outdated" indeed.

You know what else is great? With Lucina looking like a blatant clone, there's no reason for Lucas to leave. Another hit to Romano.

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying it's definite, but there's definitely more evidence in my eyes to suggest she's not a completely standalone character. Even her idle poses and such were the same as Marth's, if you go bit by bit and dissect it. She has a few separate animations due to the different sword and such, but going off of what we've seen she would be the biggest clone we've gotten so far if she continues in this fashion. Even the costumes are so similar it would be disorienting to have them separate.

Once again, not definite, but from what I've seen it seems the most sensible for her to mostly be an alternative option for people who liked her a lot more than Marth (which is a lot of people) with Robin being the completely new character. It would also explain the smaller space on the Smash site; She's a new character, but her moveset is something we've seen before. She's much bigger and more important than the other alts which are essentially just gender swaps--especially because in this case they're both pretty ladies.

I'm fine with it either way, it just seems weird for them (and a waste of time) to throw in a Marth clone who is less unique than Roy along with a completely unique character. To me, it's reading as an alt.
Why would sakurai give her, her own character block on the sight if she was nothing more than an alt? Do you know how disappointing that would be? She is most likely a clone.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Eh, if Dark Pit is a character I think he'd be confirmed in Palutena's trailer, no way he's getting anything for himself. Doesn't even matter if he's unlockable or not anymore, today we have 4 FE characters on the roster, a franchise otherwise known for always having unlockables, so I'm sure he'd have been revealed by now if anything. But of course that's just a prediction, would only be the 300th time Sakurai has slapped me in the face if I'm wrong.

At least there's a chance we might actually get at least one villain newcomer now, a villain trailer would be the best thing ever.
Well you may be right, but remember that Mr. Game & Watch was shown at Pac-man's trailer and he wasn't revealed as a playable character (yet) so... we don't really know :drshrug:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
This is really hilarious to hear these words out of your mouth. Literally the opposite of what you have been screaming to us about for a month. ;)
So be it. I was wrong. Nothing changes that. You'll have your roster of whatever absurd number you can dream up. Nothing stops it now.
Logic, despite the notion that you do not believe the literal definition of the word, "logic," I have been using it. That is precisely why I have a 90% success rate when it comes to speculation. I do not join the bandwagon which is notoriously incompetent and I change my speculation when there is evidence in favor of something else. For instance Robin. She is a fairly relevant example given her recent reveal.
Very well. You're better than me. I am defeated. Go then, and do what you like. My speculation is in shambles, and apparently there are no limits.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure someone just came up to Sakurai and said "it'd be neat if a character had alts of a different gender" and then Sakurai thought "OMG HOW MANY CHARACTERS CAN I MAKE THIS APPLY TO?!"

That's how I'm convincing myself it happened at any rate. :laugh:

ShadowMarth14

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashBro801
I dont care if Lucina is a clone or not. When i saw her in the trailer, i was so hyped!:colorful::roll:I love all things Fire Emblem. Plus, Robins final smash with Chrom looks great!

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Why would sakurai give her, her own character block on the sight if she was nothing more than an alt? Do you know how disappointing that would be? She is most likely a clone.
Because she's bigger than any alt we've seen so far. She IS a new character that a lot of people will be happy to play as. Honestly there's going to be backlash any way, because a lot of people will be upset if they put clones back in, and she's more clone-y than any clone so far from what we've seen, literally being somebody who pretended to be Marth.

Nothing's definite, but I think the most sensible way to treat it would be as an equal to Marth, but not a completely separate and new character.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
No, he said that he got another email that said, "say hello to my good friend Shulk". There's no other way to interpret that.
That's cocky, especially given the fact that he was wrong with most of his reveal times.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
That's cocky, especially given the fact that he was wrong with most of his reveal times.
I suppose he decided to go out swinging, since this reveal would have killed the leak whether or not he'd gotten new information. Chrom being deconfirmed meant Gematsu's death, so I suppose the leaker decided to have one last bout of fun. What a shame. It was looking so solid, too.

Morbi

Scavenger
I suppose he decided to go out swinging, since this reveal would have killed the leak whether or not he'd gotten new information. Chrom being deconfirmed meant Gematsu's death, so I suppose the leaker decided to have one last bout of fun. What a shame. It was looking so solid, too.
No it did not. The most hilarious part? You cannot even say that I am asserting such in hind-sight.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom