• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broodlaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Broodlaw
Switch FC
SW-0613-0942-5903
Game and Watch is also confirmed!
Thank goodness

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Oh well, at least I was prepared for that, can't Sac the Pac I guess. Congrats to his fans.

And G&W

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Live blogs are saying that each character's customization is the exact same as the Mii Fighters. Pick one of three different options for special moves.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
It looked like Mario had more votes than Olimar from the view we got, but I don't know.
Here's my personal review about each character:

Mario: seems heavily buffed. Seems to have KO potential and a huge combo game. A lot of his moves had little ending lag.

Bowser: his sheer power was beautiful. The Koopa Slam or whatever it's called KO's at a low percentage. I noticed that his Fire Breath is crazy huge. Still slow, but no where near as slow as he use to be.

Zero Suit: I wasn't a huge ZSS player in Brawl so I'm not the one to judge. Her new knee move seems like a decent approach method.

Villager: ah yes, my favorite. I was starting to lose hope of how viable Villager seemed but after the gameplay I've seen, I'm actually quite impressed. I'll refer to the Villager as a "he" so bare with me. . . First I'd like to point out that he has loads of options. That said, the Gyroid Rocket and Slingshot seem like excellent projectiles. Also, both seem to have a good amount of knockback. The balloons aren't as bad as they seemed to be as we saw an opposing player trying to pop the balloons, yet Villager was unaffected. I think Villager is a solid character. The only thing I don't really like is how strange his F-Smash is. Good for edges, but horrid for anything else. Also seems a little floaty.

Fox: Fox is Fox with a somewhat nerfed Up-Smash. . . . .

. . . I would like to finish, but the site keeps timing out or whatever and I'm sick of retyping my crap. So there you go.
Remember, this is just my speculation.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
image.jpg

If this is true, I have two words and pardon my french

"****ing dropped"

Hint, it's not about pacman. Read the pic

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
View attachment 15927

If this is true, I have two words and pardon my french

"****ing dropped"

Hint, it's not about pacman. Read the pic
33 Playable characters?!
Ok, my hype dropped. Why would they have less characters when everyone's favorite thing is all the All-Stars coming together.
:crying:
u

With Pac Man there are 33 playable confirmed characters so far.
Ok, so nevermind. lol

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If only we had actual proof that Pac-Man is in the game, such as a screenshot of him. But I guess tomorrow's another day for us.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
So apparently Miis cannot be used in the "With Anyone" mode online

Thank god.
Then what's the point? I wan't to have the full roster online. I don't even care for Mii's but if I enjoy their moveset, I want to play as them.

Personally, I do not support that decision. I don't think it's fair honestly. I can play as them online in any other game, so what's the problem now?

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
Then what's the point? I wan't to have the full roster online. I don't even care for Mii's but if I enjoy their moveset, I want to play as them.

Personally, I do not support that decision. I don't think it's fair honestly. I can play as them online in any other game, so what's the problem now?
Moveset customizations are not allowed online.
Mii's moveset is entirely based around customization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom