• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Now I can have a battle of the gluttons! Kirby, Yoshi, Pac-Man and Wario can now have eating competitions!

Food item only. Final destination. First to 0% damage wins!

CalumG

Smash Lord
I can't pretend I'm not a little bit smug about Pac-Man being announced, what with all the people who said he wouldn't generate enough hype and/or didn't have enough moveset potential.

Bring on Chrom, Shulk and Chorus Kids. :v

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
All in all there wasn't really anyone hype for me this E3. Well, so far anyways.

Miis were the most in all honesty

Dairz

Smash Ace
Man. I was somewhat against Mii and Pac Man before, but now I love them. My main concern was that I felt they would be generic and uninteresting, but geez, Sakurai proved me wrong. Love all the creative ideas done with those two, can't wait to try them out.
(Palutena is still kinda boring imo)

Last edited:

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
Just one last note before bed, and it's probably me over analyzing, but there is room for one more challenger approaching on the website!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
All in all there wasn't really anyone hype for me this E3. Well, so far anyways.

Miis were the most in all honesty
I agree, I wasn't hyped at all for any of the characters that were revealed. But I honestly predicted that all three would be in the game. I guess I had my hopes up too high for *insert unpopular character here*

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Enough of the newcomer talk, where is my Star Fox crew? They have a new game coming you know.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
*sigh* Official Super Smash Bros website wise there are currently 33 confirmed playable characters regardless of any character alluded among them. When Mr Game&Watch gets his own page there will be 34.
Oks, got it but now that Pac-man is in the Official Super Smash Bros Website.... 34 character :drflip:

I dislike both Palutena and Miis. While I knew both were pretty much inevitable, it doesn't mean I have to like their inclusion.
Point taken:drifloon:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Enough of the newcomer talk, where is my Star Fox crew? They have a new game coming you know.
I was hoping to see Wolf jump in with Ganondorf and Wario at the beginning. And then some gameplay with them pummeling their respected rivals. I guess that would've been too good to be true :p

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
I like what they did with Pacman. I was fairly neutral about him before, but it looks like he'll be a fun character to play now.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Just one last note before bed, and it's probably me over analyzing, but there is room for one more challenger approaching on the website!
Mr. Game & Watch? :drohmy:

That Starfox crew had a giant battle with the Starwolf, and both have been completely annihilated, Fox was the only survivor :drsad:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I was hoping to see Wolf jump in with Ganondorf and Wario at the beginning. And then some gameplay with them pummeling their respected rivals. I guess that would've been too good to be true :p
There are still 4 months before the 3DS version is released so we have time to see a couple of character also... i'm pretty sure a couple of character won't be revealed, they will be secret character so... no info about them until the game comes out :drshrug:

So now we should start speculating dlc characters because of the sal leak.
I don't even remenber what the Sal leak said about DLC :dr-_-:, can you inform me plz :drohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Mr. Game & Watch? :drohmy:

That Starfox crew had a giant battle with the Starwolf, and both have been completely annihilated, Fox was the only survivor :drsad:
Maybe that's the plot of the next game. "Star Fox, The Lone Fur-vivor :yeahboi: ) Shaq's face would be included in the title.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

This is just... this is just tremendous.

Nothing against Snake, but these four together is just untouchable.

D

Deleted member

There are still 4 months before the 3DS version is released so we have time to see a couple of character also... i'm pretty sure a couple of character won't be revealed, they will be secret character so... no info about them until the game comes out :drshrug:
Well the 3DS version of Smash is coming to Japan on September 18th...

I betcha someones gonna post a screenshot of the full character roster once its in their hands.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Well the 3DS version of Smash is coming to Japan on September 18th...

I betcha someones gonna post a screenshot of the full character roster once its in their hands.
Wow, that's a decent gap. At least it's better than Brawl's huge gap between releases. I was hoping for a worldwide release but I guess I'll have to spoil myself, again.

domokl

Smash Lord

I don't even remenber what the Sal leak said about DLC :dr-_-:, can you inform me plz :drohmy:
He said in the same leak where he said palutena and mii fighter that nintendo was planning on doing post launch dlc

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Double Post Warning Received
Wow, that's a decent gap. At least it's better than Brawl's huge gap between releases. I was hoping for a worldwide release but I guess I'll have to spoil myself, again.
I don't really mind spoilers :dr^_^: (at least not these kind of spoilers, because if you think that's spoilers, you're already spoiling everything checking these forums)

He said in the same leak where he said palutena and mii fighter that nintendo was planning on doing post launch dlc
Post-launch DLC characters? :drohmy:

Cool... so... how much time we will have to wait until we get Ghirahim :dr^_^:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I don't really mind spoilers :dr^_^: (at least not these kind of spoilers, because if you think that's spoilers, you're already spoiling everything checking these forums)
True true, I wasn't on any forums back in Pre-Brawl days so it was more of a surprise. I guess I'm more worried about the rest of the roster unlike Brawl's.

Last edited:

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, i guess i dont completely hate pacman like i originally thought that i would, but he is just so aesthetically unpleasing to me. Like, he looks as though he will be a very original fighter and all, but ill never use him because he is just so ugly.

Knowwuh

Smash Cadet
Since every character is getting custom special attacks and equippable items, it doesn't seem like the Mii Fighter took much more development time than any other character....idk...I could be wrong.

With only three characters revealed at E3, what do you think happens next? Just random reveals between now and Sept? Will we know the entire roster before the release date?

Also, how do I get one of those Tron Smash jumpsuits IRL?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Since every character is getting custom special attacks and equippable items, it doesn't seem like the Mii Fighter took much more development time than any other character....idk...I could be wrong.

With only three characters revealed at E3, what do you think happens next? Just random reveals between now and Sept? Will we know the entire roster before the release date?

Also, how do I get one of those Tron Smash jumpsuits IRL?

Where is that picture from?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

This is just... this is just tremendous.

Nothing against Snake, but these four together is just untouchable.
My thoughts exactly.

No offense to Snake fans, but he kinda has a hard time holding a candle to these four.

Also with the game coming out in September in Japan, we have only one more Nintendo direct left (in August) before launch. I wonder if it'll be someone big, like Mewtwo, in that direct. That would honestly be the best way to hype up everyone for these games.

Maybe October direct can be like "Hey sorry about the Earthbound kids. Here, have Lucas as DLC starting 10/xx/2014".

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
10 year old me never would have thought it was possible to have these four in a single game.
If you went back in time and told your ten year old self that, one day, he'd be playing a fighting game with Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man and Mega Man, he'd probably have laughed you right back to your time machine.

Trust me, my ten year old self would've done the same.

Last edited:

grizby2

Smash Lord
the tron suit with the gunner moveset really reminds me of the pulsefire ezreal skin from league of legends

ya know. if you count all 3 miis as separate characters... we have a total of 35 characters, and if we can call G&W confirmed.. 36.
we still need ness falcon jiggs and falco. that's an easy 4 more! so I think its safe to say that we have reached the 40 character "barrier"!
Ashley makes an appearance.. so wario too? 41
and im assuming ganon makes it back as well. 42
and then theres these guys...:wolf::lucas::rob::metaknight::popo::snake:.............................................:pt:
im getting tense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom