• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
I know. It just seems odd that they'd confirm Pac-Man, but NOT have an actual screenshot of him in the game.
Like I said early. They did the same thing after the digital event. They do the whole event/round table and then after is when they update the website and so on and so forth. It's not odd for them to do that

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
"All of the characters to consider were on our internal roster from the beginning of development. We had a slot for a new Pokemon reserved, but did not way for X and Y. We decided to use Greninja well before X/Y came out, based on early reference drawings."
So that ends that debate.

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
"All of the characters to consider were on our internal roster from the beginning of development. We had a slot for a new Pokemon reserved, but did not way for X and Y. We decided to use Greninja well before X/Y came out, based on early reference drawings."
So that ends that debate.
I'm sad this was the only character related content we got. The people asking questions really disappointed me

Niala

Smash Ace
I'm sad this was the only character related content we got. The people asking questions really disappointed me
You have to realize, Sakurai wouldn't have answered those questions even if they did come up. The reporters are probably very good at their job to have made it into a round-table discussion with the director of what could be the biggest game of the year. They asked questions they knew they would receive answers to, and that could provide interesting information. It's a sneaky game they have to play in order to get anything real out of him.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Ok, can somebody tell me why people hate Pac-Man so much? I can understand the method of reveal was strange, same with the fact that he was leaked so the surprise was lessened. However, he's not a bad choice at all and makes sense since you know, Namco-Bandai. It's just that Pac-Man appears to be a puppy-kicking hitler who is also cancer and is also a talentless hack, judging from people's reactions.
EDIT: I also expect way more characters to be in the game than just this. Even with mii taking up 3 slots and the rest of the gematsu leak confirmed we would have 13 new characters where Brawl introduced 18 (15, counting the pokemon trainer as 1 character). Sure, Brawl had layoffs, but I see this game having some too, such as Ivysaur or Squirtle. I'd be seriously disappointed if this is all we get.

Last edited:

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
You have to realize, Sakurai wouldn't have answered those questions even if they did come up. The reporters are probably very good at their job to have made it into a round-table discussion with the director of what could be the biggest game of the year. They asked questions they knew they would receive answers to, and that could provide interesting information. It's a sneaky game they have to play in order to get anything real out of him.
well uou have to realize that being a journalist includes getting answers that people most likely wouldn't find sometimes. And journalism is a sneaky job lol. You have to play the game to get some answers. Just like the greninja question was simple enough for him to answer but it also allowed for us to get questions to some of the other questions we had

Niala

Smash Ace
Ok, can somebody tell me why people hate Pac-Man so much? I can understand the method of reveal was strange, same with the fact that he was leaked so the surprise was lessened. However, he's not a bad choice at all and makes sense since you know, Namco-Bandai. It's just that Pac-Man appears to be a puppy-kicking hitler who is also cancer and is also a talentless hack, judging from people's reactions.
I don't think as many people hate Pac-Man as one would think, just that those who do are incredibly vocal about it. That being said, I think he's a mediocre choice, personally. Not because he's actually a poor choice, but because he's not my first choice. There are dozens of characters I would prefer to have seen, but I'm fine with Pac-Man. I think a lot of people fall into the same category.

well uou have to realize that being a journalist includes getting answers that people most likely wouldn't find sometimes. And journalism is a sneaky job lol. You have to play the game to get some answers. Just like the greninja question was simple enough for him to answer but it also allowed for us to get questions to some of the other questions we had
Think of it like this: an investigator doesn't get 25 minutes and one question with the victim of assault. They can sit around asking them dozens of questions to get a description of the person and the events. I don't think asking him one question that you can't even follow-up thereafter is a very viable method of receiving a plethora of information. Like I said, you have to ask questions that will get an answer to. When somebody didn't, i.e. the guy who asked about the Ice Climbers directly, he was ignored.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Doesn't a certain SmashChu want to apologize?
As stated in the Pac Man thread, no gloating please. Further trolling will result in infractions.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I don't think as many people hate Pac-Man as one would think, just that those who do are incredibly vocal about it. That being said, I think he's a mediocre choice, personally. Not because he's actually a poor choice, but because he's not my first choice. There are dozens of characters I would prefer to have seen, but I'm fine with Pac-Man. I think a lot of people fall into the same category.
Ah, of course. The vocal minority was the obvious answer I overlooked for some reason.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I don't quite understand the hate for Pac. He seems like a cool character from what I've read.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Why do I find this so amusing. But yeah, actually SEEING him do stuff makes me so much more excited than I already was.
EDIT:
OH YEAH. Now this is awesome.

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
So... what about Mr. Game&Watch?
I was wondering this myself. The way he was shown in the video points to him returning as playable, I believe, but I have my doubts as well. It wasn't terribly... conclusive. And he hasn't shown up on the main website yet, either. All in all, I'm not really sure about his fate right now.

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice

Think of it like this: an investigator doesn't get 25 minutes and one question with the victim of assault. They can sit around asking them dozens of questions to get a description of the person and the events. I don't think asking him one question that you can't even follow-up thereafter is a very viable method of receiving a plethora of information. Like I said, you have to ask questions that will get an answer to. When somebody didn't, i.e. the guy who asked about the Ice Climbers directly, he was ignored.
I'm not saying you ask specifics. That's ridiculous of course he's not gonna answer that. But it would've been nice to have seen more questions like the greninja one where we figured out that the slots were already decided for characters.
And just for the record these "great" journalists who were picked asked questions that he wrote articles about already. So I don't think it's too much to ask for better questions lol

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I was wondering this myself. The way he was shown in the video points to him returning as playable, I believe, but I have my doubts as well. It wasn't terribly... conclusive. And he hasn't shown up on the main website yet, either. All in all, I'm not really sure about his fate right now.
Well they already said that Mr. Game & Watch is comming back as a playable character so don't worry :dr^_^:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I like how they didn't use any of the PAC world stuff for his specials, those were half the reason I didn't like him. Too generic.

And his appearance is better than pretty much ANY picture anyone showed me.

Still would of had basically anyone else though

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
Couple of questions about PAC.
1) what's the fire hydrant move from? (Sorry I don't know my PAC man very well lol)
2) what are the pictures of like fairies and princesses from
3) please tell me that I'm not the only one who wants a ms. PAC man alt. costume!!

Aeolia

Smash Cadet
Why people keep saying 33 character? there are 34 and now 35 with Mr. Game and Watch
*sigh* Official Super Smash Bros website wise there are currently 33 confirmed playable characters regardless of any character alluded among them. When Mr Game&Watch gets his own page there will be 34.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The other 2? you mean Palutena and the Miis? :drohmy:

But Palutena is a popular character and a lot of people was expecting her, and the Miis... well we knew they were comming :dr^_^:
I dislike both Palutena and Miis. While I knew both were pretty much inevitable, it doesn't mean I have to like their inclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom