• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niala

Smash Ace
If people are interested in watching, videos are consistently being uploaded here: http://ssb4dojo.com/gameplay

Random people playing random characters, the game looks great so far.

EDIT: Sonic's final smash is still broken as all geddout, btw.

EDIT2: the third video down seems to have the stage list for the WiiU demo.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Tingle and Shadow confirmed as assist trophies.
Sorry if ninja'd.

Villager's jab is g0d-liek, but his or her F-Smash looks horrendous as of now. Slow with no range. However, Villager seems like a good edge guarder.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Rosalina kinda looks disappointing but I think that's because no one is really bothering with Luma so she isn't really being used at her full potential.

Also Greninja looks really fast. Getting some serious Melee Sheik de ja vu here.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
What does everyone think about Dark Pit? He is in both Palutena trailer and artwork, he will probably play a bigger role that I expected

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
The only thing I'm not terribly fond of regarding Miis is that there are three of them. Three separate developments, it takes a lot of time that could have been taken away from other characters. I'm sure they'll receive a lot of blame if the roster is smaller than expected, or even if certain characters don't make the cut that were expected.

That being said, they look fun to play, and I almost guarantee everybody will like at least one of the three styles.
I don't think it's about 3 on screen choices, it's probably something you customize beforehand and then select the mii icon, I'm thinking, I'm hoping actually..

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
What does everyone think about Dark Pit? He is in both Palutena trailer and artwork, he will probably play a bigger role that I expected
I'm really hoping he's nothing more but an alt color. I dunno why people haven't checked his colors out yet :/

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Rosalina kinda looks disappointing but I think that's because no one is really bothering with Luma so she isn't really being used at her full potential.
Pretty much this. We won't have any idea how good Rosalina is 'til we get our hands on her in training mode. I'd imagine if you're good at controlling space, Rosalina's going to be slick as hell.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I actually like the Miis..... :(
I think what can be done with them as far as creating celebrities and other goofy stuff will certainly have the potential to bring a bit of humor from another angle to the game.

Niala

Smash Ace
I don't think it's about 3 on screen choices, it's probably something you customize beforehand and then select the mii icon, I'm thinking, I'm hoping actually..
I don't mean to say I think they're 3 slots. I don't even believe in the concept of slots, particularly. What I mean is that all three of them are different from each other. It's like Pokemon Trainer, all three of them took their own individual time to balance and develop, even if the overall plan was to have them together. The fear is that the development team took extra time creating three models of one character instead of three separate entities that might have provided a wider variety.

I've been quite sold on Miis, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't allay that fear; that idea that perhaps we could see the loss of other possible characters, especially veterans, because the resources in development were used elsewhere.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So, anyone else think that this Smash has, by far, the worst announcer yet?

Relevant because he makes the characters' names sound awful.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I know you all are ready for the tournament, and I'ma let you finish. . .
But Villager is the best character of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I was quite pleasantly surprised as well.

P.s. Samus confirmed S+ tier.
Watch him bust out with Ridley and Ganondorf at the end of the tourney and school everyone else.

The... the Mario Kart zap thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Zero Suit Samus' Final Smash looks a lot like Snake's...

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
And here we have ZSS Final Smash.
Unless I'm late to that party.

And here we have it many, many times.

"Wii Fit Trainer gets the maximum potato!"

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Gematsu leak:
Hey, guys.

Funny that this page is talking about a new e-mail, because that's exactly why I'm here. Received one last night, but missed it in the mix of all this crazy E3 coverae.

But there's not much new about it, so I didn't think it was worth posting on the site.

I'll leave what it says here, though, in case you guys can use it in any way.

Basically, I was told that:

- Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

And that's it. This E3 should make or break whether this guy's the real deal. Let's hope for the best! =)
Goodbye Lucas. :(

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
So, think they'll be anymore character reveals at E3? *cough*Pac-man's only chance*cough*

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Gematsu leak:

Goodbye Lucas. :(
Hopefully not, I don't like that line-up. But then again, we don't know if that's it. I'm pretty sure we'd see a DK newcomer and if not, I'd have to question how newcomers are determined. . . But that's my opinion, we'll see.

Starbound

Public Service Announcement: The Round Table discussion starts in less than an hour.

Might get a character there.

Last edited:

Starbound

I don't believe it is getting streamed but a lot of news sources are there and they're saying that there is a presentation before the Q&A.

It's at 7pm PST, or about 40 minutes from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom