• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I love the fact you can customize them. Did he outright say it'll take up 3 slots? I was asleep and just woke up, watching the tidbit while dazed. Definitely going to make a Kunio-Kun brawler

I think the only issue is his comment. Which stood out the most. "Your favorite character not in? Make your own!"

That made me, along with many others feel uneasy. Even in Japanese, the wording was identically the same and made a lot of fans there feel worried. Im sifting through a butt load of comments with a friend, and this seems to be the only negative concern. I'm hoping he was referring to non-Nintendo characters; but I doubt it deep down inside. I guess this is what he meant by a "change in direction" for the series.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
That looks like the screen shown during E3, so I think this is legit. I wonder what's up with the yellow behind some characters.
From what I can tell, the background behind the character icons isn't static. It looks to be flowing. It's too messy to actually work as a static background.

If that's seriously a Dark Pit tease, I think I'm actually going to go into "Negative Hype" mode.
You know, I'll be honest, I think Dark Pit showing up at the end is hinting at something else. If it were Dark Pit confirmed, they'd have given him a splash page. No, I think other, more sinister forces are at work.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd say the precedent set by Smash is more reliable than one of another series.
Still, you may have to consider if Smash 4 will follow the same character standards as Mario Kart 8. Basically, you're able to fight against the characters that you haven't unlocked yet in Classic Mode, along with any other 1P game mode (except the Stadium and Training game modes), and online, but you'd still have to defeat them in an actual challenger match before you can use them yourself.

Remember, in Super Smash Bros., Luigi was fought in 1P Mode, but you have to complete Break the Targets with all the starters to even be able to unlock him for use.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone saw the picture with Palutena and Phospora at the official site ?
I thought that Phosphora was just a trophy, how can she be in a stage with another character ?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Will there be secret characters?..

New Xenoblade. Shulk is in. I'm sure now.
This E3 is going to be amazing!
I believe the Sal Leak has earned the right to be considered true. The final questions are:

Who ELSE will be cut?
Do we know all the newcomers as of now?
Who will be chosen for DLC?

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We have always had secret characters, so i guess so:drshrug:
It sounds like we're getting four more character reveals today / tomorrow so Im not as sure as I once was. I guess we will have to see how it all unfolds

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Untitled.png

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Found it on a Press Release Flickr account.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The newcomer (to the Smash series) colored backgrounds on the website are all shades of green or blue.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Wait, how do you know?
The leaker for Sal Romano stated that we'll be seeing four more characters during E3, besides the two already revealed.

I don't believe it, since last time he said E3 would see six characters and we only saw half of those. Not to mention, the game's not releasing 'til late September for Japan and early October for us, so I'd imagine, unless they have a ton more newcomers to show, they're going to want to save some to stretch it out.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sal said nothing of the sort.

His source said "Participating characters are..." followed by a list of all currently leaked newcomers. Sal then posted his own little addition to that of "I take it to mean E3, since he didn't put any new characters with them."

Many of you are either misinformed or are desperate to grasp at straws with which to prove him wrong.

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
The leaker for Sal Romano stated that we'll be seeing four more characters during E3, besides the two already revealed.

I don't believe it, since last time he said E3 would see six characters and we only saw half of those. Not to mention, the game's not releasing 'til late September for Japan and early October for us, so I'd imagine, unless they have a ton more newcomers to show, they're going to want to save some to stretch it out.
Yeah, that's what i think will happen but i'm still waiting for 1 more newcomer to be announced today :dr^_^:

Note: I do believe the leak

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Sal said nothing of the sort.

His source said "Participating characters are..." followed by a list of all currently leaked newcomers. Sal then posted his own little addition to that of "I take it to mean E3, since he didn't put any new characters with them."

Many of you are either misinformed or are desperate to grasp at straws with which to prove him wrong.
I don't think it's grasping at straws to interpret the guy saying 'These characters are participating.' on the eve of E3. Even Sal said that's how he interprets it to mean. Regardless, even if they don't show all the characters, who cares? Guaranteed we'll get AT LEAST one more.

Thank you very much ! I don't know why, but I thought that she was only a regular trophy. You don't know how you made me happy =)
My pleasure. I love Phosphora, too, so it's cool to see her as an Assist Trophy. :3

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't think it's grasping at straws to interpret the guy saying 'These characters are participating.' on the eve of E3. Even Sal said that's how he interprets it to mean. Regardless, even if they don't show all the characters, who cares? Guaranteed we'll get AT LEAST one more.
No, but it's grasping at straws to claim the leak definitely said they'll all be shown at E3.

I want to nip that crap in the bud right away so that the (already ridiculous) deniers don't have misinformation feeding their feeble arguments after four characters are inevitably not all revealed at tonight's invitational.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
All I want is a veteran reveal. :ohwell:
But why Ganondorf? i understand if you want to see Lucas or Wolf cause they could be removed, but Ganondorf? you know he's not going anywhere, the same with Wario, unless you're expecting to see Ganondorf with a new moveset :drflip:

I WANT NEW CHARACTERS! :drohyou:

Also the American version of the Smash page have been updated :dr^_^:

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
No, but it's grasping at straws to claim the leak definitely said they'll all be shown at E3.

I want to nip that crap in the bud right away so that the (already ridiculous) deniers don't have misinformation feeding their feeble arguments after four characters are inevitably not all revealed at tonight's invitational.
So instead of allowing people to try, you are immediately axing people. In that case,the leak didn't say they wouldn't be at E3. So it really goes either way.
But why Ganondorf? i understand if you want to see Lucas or Wolf cause they could be removed, but Ganondorf? you know he's not going anywhere, the same with Wario, unless you're expecting to see Ganondorf with a new moveset :drflip:

I WANT NEW CHARACTERS! :drohyou:
Never said I wanted Ganondorf. Just any vet.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

Well, yeah. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, your leak is scrutinized.

'cept I guess now technically we're on 'fool me eight times', but hey. I'm not counting any characters out 'til Nintendo's stuff wraps up.

Last edited:

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
I'm really more focused on veterans right now, I hope it's vets from this point on and one more newcomer at the end of it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So instead of allowing people to try, you are immediately axing people. In that case,the leak didn't say they wouldn't be at E3. So it really goes either way.
You say that like it's a bad thing. Yes, I am helping to axe the misinformation right away so that the right information about this leak becomes common knowledge.

Last year, there was so much confusion about his first leak that a sizable number of fans walked away thinking Sal had actually just made predictions and "gotten lucky," just because that was his preferred strategy to show that he had the information in advance. That sort of garbage muddies the water about Gematsu to this day, and the last thing we need right now is a repeat of that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom