• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niala

Smash Ace
The only thing I'm not terribly fond of regarding Miis is that there are three of them. Three separate developments, it takes a lot of time that could have been taken away from other characters. I'm sure they'll receive a lot of blame if the roster is smaller than expected, or even if certain characters don't make the cut that were expected.

That being said, they look fun to play, and I almost guarantee everybody will like at least one of the three styles.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, major congratulations to Palutena fans, but not Mii fans? Well, aren't you a pompous ****. The Mii's look great, better than most of the series' clones. So I think it's time for you to get off your pedestal and deal with it.

Damn, that felt good.
No wonder you find the Miis "great" if your barometer for greatness is "better than clones."

Congratulations to Mii fans too, but if you try and play them off as this fantastic innovative new inclusion, I'm going to push back against that, because from where I'm coming from, this is clearly detrimental.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
It's really depressing to see Miis playable and all the effort they've wasted on them (3 versions and a load of moves).

Palutena saved the event in terms of Smash news.

Gune

Smash Lord
No wonder you find the Miis "great" if your barometer for greatness is "better than clones."

Congratulations to Mii fans too, but if you try and play them off as this fantastic innovative new inclusion, I'm going to push back against that, because from where I'm coming from, this is clearly detrimental.
How is it detrimental again?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

That's just the thing. It's not innovative.

Because it doesn't have to be. The whole thing is based off of being who you want, however you want. Everything isn't going to be super-unique, not every newcomer is going to be Wow Sparkles, some might seem more bland. Palutena suffers from this just as Mii's do. So now that the Mii's are in, we accept it and roll forth. All right? Nothing personal, just business.

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
Initially, I thought I read they were going to have another live stream dedicated to only Smash Bros, then I learned that this was the only one, and it made me feel much more depressed.
What do you mean? There's going to be more Smash Bros. stuff at 4:00 PST.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I didn't, I must have missed it amidst the flailing.

Do you have a timestamp on that?

-- p.s. did anybody else find those Robot Chicken-esque claymation clips ****ING HILARIOUS or was that just me?
They were super funny.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Character artwork is up!

The Mii Fighter in the middle looks just like my Mii. :p

I really like how the Miis turn out, but nothing tops Palutena.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, while I escape this war-to-be. I might as well say this.
-I feel that Miis are going to be the ROB of SSB4. They'll get yelled at by it's non-fans simply because they exist. And they'll get yelled at be their own fans if they aren't customizable. And God forbid they are, that's a whole other story.
For future reference.

Niala

Smash Ace
No just -esque, I heard it was actually the guy who does Robot Chicken doing those.
...it was.

The voices were all very clearly RC cast members.
omg get out that's amazing. The mouths were all drawn in the same style as Robot Chicken, which is in particular why it looked so similar to me, but I'm amazed that Seth Green did that. God, I love Nintendo sometimes.

And cartoon network, but that's neither here nor there.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I didn't, I must have missed it amidst the flailing.

Do you have a timestamp on that?

-- p.s. did anybody else find those Robot Chicken-esque claymation clips ****ING HILARIOUS or was that just me?
On the Youtube channel it was on 3:04

The Robot Chicken claymation was very hilarious. I never expected them to go that route.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
On a related matter, now that more likely and predicted characters are here, does this make way for Pac-Man and K. Rool and, extensively, Ridley?

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
On the Youtube channel it was on 3:04

The Robot Chicken claymation was very hilarious. I never expected them to go that route.
Thanks, you're right, you can catch a glimpse of it on the gamepad. I was definitely too busy laughing to notice. I wonder if there are any spoilers for me to garner from it. Excuse me while I inspect that 2 seconds of video for several hours.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Anyone else notice that tiny Tom Nook in the circle design with all the other characters? I feel like Tom Nook is a character unofficially confirmed?!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't really have an opinion over the newcomers announced but all I can say is, Palutena isn't wielding her staff with two hands. :smirk:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Look, I know that a few of you are a little mad at Miis. But I thing I found something that'll help.

Top hats solve everything.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
The only thing I'm not terribly fond of regarding Miis is that there are three of them. Three separate developments, it takes a lot of time that could have been taken away from other characters. I'm sure they'll receive a lot of blame if the roster is smaller than expected, or even if certain characters don't make the cut that were expected.
I wouldn't worry about it. One thing I noticed is that the Mii's borrow a LOT of aspects from other movesets from fighters already in the game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I can't believe that my browser still isn't showing the Smash Bros. website being updated. None of today's confirmed fighters are even being shown on the page yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom