• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
For Ganondorf, I'm fine with his playstyle. The heavy, hard-hitting physical fighter (as Golden likes to call it "Akumadorf") fits him. I just want him to have a decloned moveset. Of course, being a powerful warlock, he should also have some emphasis on dark magic, but I think he really just needs to be decloned. And maaaaaybe a trident. But I wouldn't be too upset if it's not there. Just magic and hard-hitting physical attacks and I'll be good to go.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
For Ganondorf, I'm fine with his playstyle. The heavy, hard-hitting physical fighter (as Golden likes to call it "Akumadorf") fits him. I just want him to have a decloned moveset. Of course, being a powerful warlock, he should also have some emphasis on dark magic, but I think he really just needs to be decloned. And maaaaaybe a trident. But I wouldn't be too upset if it's not there. Just magic and hard-hitting physical attacks and I'll be good to go.
I always thought Ganondorf should have a chargeable attack that could be hit back at him by other players, much like the recurring "tennis" games throughout the Zelda franchise.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I always thought Ganondorf should have a chargeable attack that could be hit back at him by other players, much like the recurring "tennis" games throughout the Zelda franchise.
Definitely. I thought he should use that, the Dead Man's Volley, as his neutral B. He can keep the side B, as I think it fits him. His recovery could be the levitation he did in OoT, and his Down B should be the shockwave he makes when he groundpounds with a mighty fist.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Definitely. I thought he should use that, the Dead Man's Volley, as his neutral B. He can keep the side B, as I think it fits him. His recovery could be the levitation he did in OoT, and his Down B should be the shockwave he makes when he groundpounds with a mighty fist.
Pretty much all that needs to happen. Maybe change his aerials and tilts (especially utilt) and he woukd be good.

I don't think the volleyball attack will help him much, his projectile will probably be slow and useless.
Not necessarily. If it is easily redirected (ie hitting with an attack) it could be bad, but if it requires a reflector it could be good. Lucario had a similar one in Project M. Of course it can always backfire, but can be beneficial for cover/approach if used correctly.

D

Deleted member

Why not just a move where he deflects projectiles with a wave of his arm (totally not ripping off DBZ :awesome:) instead?
Or if not deflect, at least stop them not unlike that Banishing Flat technique Zangief has?

If Ganondorf is still going to be slow and focus on brute strength, he needs a way to deal with projectile-heavy characters.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
My final roster before E3.

And just in the event the Gematsu leak is real, I have a seoerate roster according to that.
[collapse=Gematsu Roster]

[/collapse]

Thoughts?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

And just in the event the Gematsu leak is real, I have a seoerate roster according to that.

[/collapse]

Thoughts?
It's a little on the large side, but I love the character choices. Robin (Tactician) especially. You clearly have good tastes.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The main problem is that Ganondorf needs move changes that compensate for his sluggish speed.

It's basic fighting game design that if you're going to make a character sluggish, you need to tool to compensate. Which is why it baffles me Ganondorf has hardly any in Brawl.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It's a little on the large side, but I love the character choices. Robin (Tactician) especially. You clearly have good tastes.
Thanks!
Personally, I don't think a 55 character roster is that unrealistic.
64 had 12 characters.
Melee had 26 Characters (14 more than 64)
Brawl had 39 (13 more than Melee)
If Smash 4 has 55, that would be 16 more characters than Brawl, which isn't too crazy.

Some notes on why I chose the characters on there:
- K. Rool and Ridley due to immense fan demand, and various signs pointing to their inclusion (out of place Kremlings in Smash Run, Sakurai's constant teasing with Ridley, let's pray for relief tomorrow).
- Ghirahim because Zelda does deserve a newcomer and could have one. Yes, it has 5 characters now with Shiek being seperate, but it always had 5 characters. Just because Shiek is her own slot doesn't mean it's like making a whole new character for Sakurai. As for why I chose Ghirahim out of everyone else, Greninja and RosaLuma were chosen for their uniqueness, and current popularity. Ghirahim has this. Phew is a frequently requested character, and has an array of different magic swords to use in combat.
- Palutena because she is obviously the most likely newcomer at this point.
- Bandana Dee because Dedede's Dee throw being gone, and him being shown to be important in the series (his name actually being changed, almost in every game now). Also, you could use the "Sakurai is modest!" argument, but as we can see in Sakurai's trolling nowadays, he is pretty cocky now.
- Shulk because of his high popularity (both in and outside Smash), and uniqueness. He would also be representing a new and popular IP.
- Both Jiggz and Mewtwo returning could happen. I think we all agreed on that by now.
- I chose Robin over Chrom due to him have more unique Moveset possibilities than Chrom. And since Sakurai wants more variety, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Tectician getting in over Chrom.
- Isaac for the same reasons as Shulk. Popular, potential, and could represent a popular IP.
- Takamaru because his series is being brought to the west, and Nintendo is obviously trying to reboot him. And what better way to reboot him than by putting him (in his new appearance) in Smash! Then they could release a new game in his series (aka KI Uprising).

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

[/collapse]

Thoughts?
My exact same roster, except i don't have bandana dee, and the Mii slot is the random slot

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
People pining for Ganondorf to keep his "Captain Falcon" moveset for tradition need to be pulled off Sakurai's nipple, their lips washed off from youthful parasitism, and their eyes readily focused on a new Ganondorf true to his games and not a cloned rip-off designed to pad a roster eons ago.

Geeze, suck on logic and not Sakurai's nipple for once.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
People pining for Ganondorf to keep his "Captain Falcon" moveset for tradition need to be pulled off Sakurai's nipple, their lips washed off from youthful parasitism, and their eyes readily focused on a new Ganondorf true to his games and not a cloned rip-off designed to pad a roster eons ago.

Geeze, suck on logic and not Sakurai's nipple for once.
Or perhaps I main the character; more likely than not, something that you do not do, thus I do not want drastic changes. However, fortunately for me logic is implemented in Sakurai's decision-making process and I will not have to endure what entitled Legend of Zelda fans demand. Hmmm.... I love Sakurai's breast milk. :estatic:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I main Bowser who has had move changes from series to series. I do not mind drastic style changes to fit Bowser's ever evolving persona and schemes.

There are fans out there still waiting for their Ganondorf. They have zero Smash games with their hero/villain. Time to let them have their character. You can still relish the memories of Sakurai's milk that others have yet to lap.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I main Bowser who has had move changes from series to series. I do not mind drastic style changes to fit Bowser's ever evolving persona and schemes.

There are fans out there still waiting for their Ganondorf. They have zero Smash games with their hero/villain. Time to let them have their character. You can still relish the memories of Sakurai's milk that others have yet to lap.
I main Bowser as well, the changes aren't that drastic. You're taking about giving a fist fighter a sword for most of his attacks, that's a drastic change.

Why can't we have both movesets selectable? Either in seperate slots (one is OoT Dorf with the clone set (called Thief Ganondorf), the other is TP Dorf with the new one (called King Ganondorf)), or with something on the same slot.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Falco and Wold I'd say are on the green now, don't know what that says about Krystal.

EDIT: another image came up

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Hold on a moment, I just realized. I thought for a bit that the most recent PotD was going to be unrelated to the direct, but there's golden characters in the new stage shown off, which could hint at Isaac's possible appearance.
though this could have been mentioned earlier, i have a feeling that my spirit animal is a snail or something.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Hold on a moment, I just realized. I thought for a bit that the most recent PotD was going to be unrelated to the direct, but there's golden characters in the new stage shown off, which could hint at Isaac's possible appearance.
though this could have been mentioned earlier, i have a feeling that my spirit animal is a snail or something.
Nah, not really. If Isaac is playable, expect him to be an unlockable character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom