• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Hold on a moment, I just realized. I thought for a bit that the most recent PotD was going to be unrelated to the direct, but there's golden characters in the new stage shown off, which could hint at Isaac's possible appearance.
though this could have been mentioned earlier, i have a feeling that my spirit animal is a snail or something.
I think you might be looking into that a bit too deeply, unfortunately. It's an altered state exclusive to that particular level.

Though, hey, who knows? We'll know within the next hour or six.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Nah, not really. If Isaac is playable, expect him to be an unlockable character.
I think you might be looking into that a bit too deeply, unfortunately. It's an altered state exclusive to that particular level.

Though, hey, who knows? We'll know within the next hour or six.
yeah, it's a bit of a stretch I'll admit. But it's all the relevance I could get aside from being from a mario game.
i just realized, wario is a much more obvious link derp

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So, with time to kill, here's an idea: Make a redesigned Takamaru with a combination of classic Takkie and Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Alright, I ****ing love what they're doing with Mii's. Never doubt Sakurai's moveset making skills. I really hope Mii's aren't the only character reveals though...

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
Wait, so is Amiibo basically DLC? Or are there no CPU fighters normally? My video is skipping around.

Smash Bros. returns at 4:00 PST, yes?

OH HEY THERE PALUTENA. WHAT'S UP, HOW YOU DOIN'?

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, the Mii looks as awful as everyone predicted...generic punches and kicks, generic sword-fighting, and generic projectile usage, all wrapped up in a horrid package of wasted development time.

Palutena, however, looks fantastic, as well as quite similar to the leaked pictures of her. Major congratulations to all her fans.

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
Well, the Mii looks as awful as everyone predicted...generic punches and kicks, generic sword-fighting, and generic projectile usage, all wrapped up in a horrid package of wasted development time.

Palutena, however, looks fantastic, as well as quite similar to the leaked pictures of her. Major congratulations to all her fans.
And fills up three spots

What was that dark pit tease?
Fingers crossed for just a costume change

Last edited by a moderator:

Sausage Zeldas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sanics
3DS FC
2509-2629-0987
Some of the stuff doesn't look so generic. Especially the bit of Gunner battling they just showed in the Amiibo thing going on right now.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Kind of hoping to see some other characters as neither really hyped me.
Honestly, the best part was Reggie vs Iwata.
Anyway, congrats to all those who really supported Mii's and Palutena.

Hopefully we'll see something after the tournament.
I want to know Ridley's true fate and King K. Rool's.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
So we've got 2 characters today (4 if you want to include all the mii versions but bare with me) as we did last E3. Surely the tournament tonight will announce another character? They announced Wii Fit Trainer at a much smaller event last E3.

Last edited:

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
I was excited for the miis until they said three spots. That rubbed me the wrong way. But I'm sure they'll be somewhat enjoyable. I think palutena a looked great! But seemed a bit like Zelda. We will see how she turns out

Edit: oh autocorrect lol

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

So, major congratulations to Palutena fans, but not Mii fans? Well, aren't you a pompous ****. The Mii's look great, better than most of the series' clones. So I think it's time for you to get off your pedestal and deal with it.

Damn, that felt good.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Initially, I thought I read they were going to have another live stream dedicated to only Smash Bros, then I learned that this was the only one, and it made me feel much more depressed.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Honestly, the Mii's look alot better than I thought they would, and I love how Sakurai approached them.

Miiverse: We want Abraham Lincoln and Reggie playable!

Sakurai: Okay, here's the Mii! Now everyone's in Smash!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Though admittedly, I'm not too angry over the customization.
It simply means I can do stupid things with Miis. And that's always a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom