• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niala

Smash Ace
I wouldn't worry about it. One thing I noticed is that the Mii's borrow a LOT of aspects from other movesets from fighters already in the game.
It did definitely seem that way. The sword user has so many to take from, the brawler was a little unique, but the gunner had a lot of what appeared to be Samus' moves. It's still a mild cause for concern, I think, though, as much as I appreciate the encouragement.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
After looking at the 3DS Palutena model, I think the leak was actually fake.

L. Lawliet

Smash Rookie
What if the Mii's dont take 3 roster spots, but are treated as alternate costumes? like you would change the costume to change the moveset.

Gune

Smash Lord
I guess you could say that Miis in Smash 4 are like having Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina in Mario Kart 8; unnecessary, and a waste of roster spaces.
I don't feel that way about them, pink gold peach and baby rosalina are just crap charecters with no history with nintendo miis have history and are very iconic to nintendo and actually very deserving of the representation they received.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Given how the site overhaul shows the Wii U boxart on one side, it's likely that the other side is the 3DS boxart.

Use this: http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/

So Rosalina, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac and Marth confirmed starters I guess.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't feel that way about them, pink gold peach and baby rosalina are just crap charecters with no history with nintendo miis have history and are very iconic to nintendo and actually very deserving of the representation they received.
That's what I find to be ironic about the situation that I'm seeing. Miis are playable, and yet people are talking trash about them.

Niala

Smash Ace
Given how the site overhaul shows the Wii U boxart on one side, it's likely that the other side is the 3DS boxart.

So Rosalina, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac and Marth confirmed starters I guess.
Could just be the demo versions roster. I'm really not sure who our starters will be, but I don't think Marth will be one, he never has been before. Not that it's impossible, of course, I just like to think characters that have always been unlockable will remain so.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Doesn't it seem odd that Bowser, Ike, and Zelda aren't even on those images? All three of them are starters in Brawl, though the Brawl box art never did have all the starters present either.

Could just be the demo versions roster. I'm really not sure who our starters will be, but I don't think Marth will be one, he never has been before. Not that it's impossible, of course, I just like to think characters that have always been unlockable will remain so.
Rosalina was present on Mario Kart 8's box art, but she was still an unlockable. Maybe like in Mario Kart 8, you'll be able to fight fighters who you haven't unlocked yet, but you have to beat them in a challenger match to use them yourself.

Super Smash Bros. did have Luigi as an opponent in the 1P Game, and yet he's an unlockable.

Last edited:

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
It's the select screen for the tourney right? Off the top of my head they seem to be the selectable 20 for tonight.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I would love for that to be the official box art for Smash on Wii U.
Villager really is a psycho killer. While everyone has their back turned, he comes in for the kill with his shovel.
R.I.P Smash fighters.

Niala

Smash Ace
Doesn't it seem odd that Bowser, Ike, and Zelda aren't even on those images? All three of them are starters in Brawl, though the Brawl box art never did have all the starters present either.

Rosalina was present on Mario Kart 8's box art, but she was still an unlockable. Maybe like in Mario Kart 8, you'll be able to fight fighters who you haven't unlocked yet, but you have to beat them in a challenger match to use them yourself.

Super Smash Bros. did have Luigi as an opponent in the 1P Game, and yet he's an unlockable.
Excellent thought! It hadn't occurred to me to use the MK8 style of character selection, it might really fit.

I'm not terribly concerned over box art, though. I don't think it will really tell us anything about the starting roster regardless of who's on there and who isn't. If they're revealing characters that are unloackable at all, then any one of them could be on the box art, as far I see it.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Not every starter has been on a game's box art, but every character on a box art has been a starter or third party character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom