• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That face when you realize that a lot of those Kirby trophies were from the cancelled Gamecube game.
I was fairly pissy about seeing them again in Brawl since they reminded me of my hype for the game that never came.
What would be reaction if it was Chrom?

All I know is that I would prefer to just confirm Ike as soon as possible. He's the only Fire Emblem character I care about. This is of course coming from a guy who isn't well versed in the series.
I'm an Ike guy too, don't really care for the Fire Emblem universe in any other way either. I'm pretty neutral on Chrom though, as I am with most potential and confirmed newcomers thus far. I don't believe him to be in competition with Ike, the only thing Ike is in competition with are time constraints and the priority list, so I have no reason to dislike him. I'd rather want Robin though, mostly for the moveset potential, but it really isn't a character I'm rooting for per say.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I agree. Look at all the ripped TP trophies... I think it's a little bit of an overabundance. Some games/series in particular got very underrepresented. It's probably easier to rip models, but I'd like other series to have more trophy representation as well.

Metal Gear series always seemed odd to me (especially compared to the other 3rd party series: Sonic). Iirc, most trophies appeared in-game in some form (like Cardboard Box, Cypher, REX, etc.) except for Shagohod, arguably Iroquois Pliskin and Naked Snake... and leaving out many important people.

In fact, we got Iroquois Pliskin, which the description even mentions Raiden, but no Raiden trophy (only a sticker)!

I WILL see my bishounen cyborg ninja in Smash... somehow. Hopefully a trophy...

I hope. :urg:
I'd blame the factor that the development of Brawl had the wrong priorities. The heavy focus on the Subspace Emissary pretty much took a toll on many other things in the game, which is why despite at least 2 years of development the game still feels sort of rushed, with the abundance of unused content, lazy rip-off music and models, and the really skewed balance.

Oh yeah, and I loved how badass Raidan was in Metal Gear Rising: Revengence. Thank you based Platinum Games.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
What would be reaction if it was Chrom?

All I know is that I would prefer to just confirm Ike as soon as possible. He's the only Fire Emblem character I care about. This is of course coming from a guy who isn't well versed in the series.
Ike > Robin > Chrom > The Rest
But I haven't played Awakening yet.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
More FE talk and no talk about the fantastically sexy new arena?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was fairly pissy about seeing them again in Brawl since they reminded me of my hype for the game that never came.

I'm an Ike guy too, don't really care for the Fire Emblem universe in any other way either. I'm pretty neutral on Chrom though, as I am with most potential and confirmed newcomers thus far. I don't believe him to be in competition with Ike, the only thing Ike is in competition with are time constraints and the priority list, so I have no reason to dislike him. I'd rather want Robin though, mostly for the moveset potential, but it really isn't a character I'm rooting for per say.
Eh, I wanted to buy the Gamecube one. Since that one had Ike in it. But I'm on the same boat as you. I'm in the middle with Chrom, I'll need to see what he can do if he is confirmed before I can pass any good judgement. I do feel like on a suface level, that Robin would be able to do more as well. Simply for having some magic power. Though I'd rather see Isaac or Shulk honestly.

I'd blame the factor that the development of Brawl had the wrong priorities. The heavy focus on the Subspace Emissary pretty much took a toll on many other things in the game, which is why despite at least 2 years of development the game still feels sort of rushed, with the abundance of unused content, lazy rip-off music and models, and the really skewed balance.

Oh yeah, and I loved how badass Raidan was in Metal Gear Rising: Revengence. Thank you based Platinum Games.
Why can't Platinum Games just make every action series. Seriously, let those guys have a crack at Megaman or Castlevaina. They could give Megaman a Dive Kick. Everyone in the world likes Dive Kicks.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So Fire Emblem.
Yeah.
Um, I find an Awakening character more likely than Roy.
I don't think Roy will take priority over other FE characters.
Um...
We've been over this too many times.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I noticed some characters will complete "sets" in Smash. By sets I mean groups of characters that relate to each other somehow outside of Smash.

Here are some examples:
- Waluigi: to complete the 4 plumbers; Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi.
- Daisy: to complete the Mario Couples Quartet of Mario, Peach, Luigi, and Daisy.
-Waddle Dee: to complete the Kirby Quartet of playable characters in Return to Dreamland, which is Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Waddle Dee.
- Takamaru: to, with Little Mac, make a Battle of the Cultures-type thing, with Japan vs. the West. Also to complete the 1986 Quartet, of Link, Samus, Pit, and Takamaru.
- Ninten: to complete the Trio of Mother Heroes, which is Ness, Lucas, and Ninten.
- Professor Layton: a possible 3rd fighter in the Battle of the Cultures. Mac represents America, Layton is Britain, and Takamaru is Japan.
-Pac Man: to complete The Iconic 4 of Gaming, which is Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac if he is in.
- Simon Belmont: To complete the cast of Captain N, which is Pit (known as "Kid Icarus" in the show), Mega Man, and Simon. Maybe they could through in the Game Master himself, aye?

So here is my question.
If you could add a character that would complete a "group," who would it be?

Personally, I'd choose Belmont, because he is awesome, and I'd live to see Pit, Mega Man, and Simon with Captain N alts.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof
I'd likely select:
-Takamaru: To finish the 1986 Quartet.
-Waluigi for reasons you stated.
-Waddle Dee to complete the Kirby Quartet.
-Ninten for all Mother Protagonists.
(Nintendo loves their threes and fours, eh?)

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Klonoa for super smash bros. Wii U/3ds!! n_n
@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht is right. You may wanna check that file name man.

@ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof
I'd likely select:
-Takamaru: To finish the 1986 Quartet.
-Waluigi for reasons you stated.
-Waddle Dee to complete the Kirby Quartet.
-Ninten for all Mother Protagonists.
(Nintendo loves their threes and fours, eh?)
We need daisy for the couples quartet
I added all of these.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I noticed some characters will complete "sets" in Smash. By sets I mean groups of characters that relate to each other somehow outside of Smash.

Here are some examples:
- Daisy: to complete the Mario Couples Quartet of Mario, Peach, Luigi, and Daisy.
-Waddle Dee: to complete the Kirby Quartet of playable characters in Return to Dreamland, which is Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Waddle Dee.
- Takamaru: to, with Little Mac, make a Battle of the Cultures-type thing, with Japan vs. the West. Also to complete the 1986 Quartet, of Link, Samus, Pit, and Takamaru.
- Ninten: to complete the Trio of Mother Heroes, which is Ness, Lucas, and Ninten.
- Professor Layton: a possible 3rd fighter in the Battle of the Cultures. Mac represents America, Layton is Britain, and Takamaru is Japan.
-Pac Man: to complete The Iconic 4 of Gaming, which is Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac if he is in.
- Simon Belmont: To complete the cast of Captain N, which is Pit (known as "Kid Icarus" in the show), Mega Man, and Simon. Maybe they could through in the Game Master himself, aye?

So here is my question.

Personally, I'd choose Belmont, because he is awesome, and I'd live to see Pit, Mega Man, and Simon with Captain N alts.
You forgot the Captain Rainbow set.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would like to add characters to complete the "Nintendo All-Star" set so I'm not confined to adding in mediocre nonentities for the sake of OCD fans and their personal character groupings.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I would like to add characters to complete the "Nintendo All-Star" set so I'm not confined to adding in mediocre nonentities for the sake of OCD fans and their personal character groupings.
I like this set.

And the question wasn't really realistic, it was more if you had to complete a "set" OF Nintendo All-Stars.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer

Here are some examples:

So here is my question.

You forgot the Mario platforming four. Toad is needed to complete the group of Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
But Bkupa, YOU GOT TO UNDERSTAND WE NEED NINTENDOGS AND DR. KAWASHIMA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom