• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Because those aren't the actual Japanese names.
*tries not to sound like an idiot and/or a-hole*

Then can you tell me what the "real" Japanese names are?

The Plusle and Minun trophy has a completely different file name.
Because the trophy was finished.
A finished file and an un-finished file would probably have different names.

Not to mention they may have been scrapped early in development, so the entire file was practically empty, including the name itself.

If a team character was planned then why would they be one file as opposed to two like Popo and Nana?
As I said above, they may have been scrapped relatively early, so possibly Sakurai was just using one file to make a "base" of sorts, and would later seperate it into two and make the tweaks he needed to.

Yeah, I sound like a friggin' idiot.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'd find it a bit funny if we didn't get an Awakening Rep to go with the Awakening stage.

I wouldn't be upset if we didn't. Fire Emblem's lackluster representation within Smash has always made me indifferent to it, and no Fire Emblem character really has the appeal to pull me away from characters like Samus (and hopefully Ridley). I suppose I'm hoping for Robin just so we don't get yet another blue haired Lord with a sword, but I'm not going to throw a fit if we get Chrom, Lucina, or nobody.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The spiritual successor to Pichu was Goggles Pikachu.

Now enough jokes, talk about something more relevant like Fire Emb- er, Zelda newco- uh, Pac- um, impossible Poke- eh...

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
So in other words that practically confirms the inevitable; We're getting an FE chap from Awakening whether we want it or not.
But... it doesn't have to be logical haha. We don't have to get anything. We could have Marth, Cellica and Sigurd as playable Fire Emblem characters for all we know right now.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
...I understand a bet has taken place, but why is everyone switching avatars into each other?!
The spiritual successor to Pichu was Goggles Pikachu.
Factually correct, actually. Then there's the theory that Pichu in Melee is Brawl's Pikachu.
But... it doesn't have to be logical haha. We don't have to get anything. We could have Marth, Cellica and Sigurd as playable Fire Emblem characters for all we know right now.
-High selling and most recent FE game
-Revived series after dismal sales during the Radiance duology
-Not to mention that other than Lyn and Micaiah, Every other Lord was Japan only.
There's a staggering amount of factors going into it and Nintendo will take the opportunity to advertise their newest FE game that has been so popular.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
What is it with everybody and Barney?
There was a bet that took place in a certain games thread revolving around avatars. But that's off-topic. Either way, a few users had to switch avis for a week and others jumped on the bandwagon.
Now enough jokes, talk about something more relevant like Fire Emb- er, Zelda newco- uh, Pac- um, impossible Poke- eh...
I got ya, I started with a FE claim and will get the ball rolling.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The Mii's Down B could change the Mii's body. A vertical scale could appear alongside the Mii as it faces the screen. Down and up toggle the height bar. Three sizes: Small, Medium, Large. Press of A or B selects the size.

Range, height, speed, weight, and power stats are changed depending on which of the three sizes are picked. So basically a Mii would have two clone options.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
There was a bet that took place in a certain games thread revolving around avatars. But that's off-topic. Either way, a few users had to switch avis for a week and others jumped on the bandwagon.
I wasn't even part of the bet. I just wanted to have a friggin' Barney avatar.

So isn't there an anniversary of Roy's game soon?

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
The most ridiculous likely Fire Emblem roster,

Marth
Ike
Lyn + Roy duo
Anna riding dragon Tiki
Robin/Chrom/Lucina triple tagteam
Maiciah wearing Black Knight's armor

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
So isn't there an anniversary of Roy's game soon?
Yes, but remember to take your anniversaries with a fresh grain of salt. They don't always work, and Sakurai likely just uses them when he feels like it. With a new Yoshi game coming out, it's likely Sakurai will take advantage of that new game than an old one's anniversary.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I could live with this. At least both Marth and Ike are there.
There's many that argue this is all we really need. I'm a bit unsure on that. Honestly, I can care less but given the fact that there's already a stage and we're still recovering from Rosalina Syndrome, they could capitalize it and the stage could be foreshadowing of sorts.. Like it has been for the two non-E3 newcomers.

Last edited:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

I got ya, I started with a FE claim and will get the ball rolling.
What games thread?
The most ridiculous likely Fire Emblem roster,

Marth
Ike
Lyn + Roy duo
Anna riding dragon Tiki
Robin/Chrom/Lucina triple tagteam
Maiciah wearing Black Knight's armor
Like Tepig, I could live with this. On the other hand, I can live with practically anything.

Like Barney.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'm going to tell you it all bluntly: Stop it with the Forbidden 7. Harsh, but true. Heck, why is it even called Forbidden?
Good question, honestly. Wouldn't it be better to call them the Delayed 7? They aren't forbidden from Brawl, good heavens, they have data in it!

All in all, really old news. :laugh:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Anyone think we'll be seeing a large amount of new Pokemon in this upcoming installment? I'd love to see them include Swampert SOMEHOW. Maybe everyone will get the Hawlucha they've always dreamed of. (Note that i'm talking about Poke balls, NOT playable characters.)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Anyone think we'll be seeing a large amount of new Pokemon in this upcoming installment? I'd love to see them include Swampert SOMEHOW. Maybe everyone will get the Hawlucha they've always dreamed of. (Note that i'm talking about Poke balls, NOT playable characters.)
I hope to see a lot of Gen 6 pokemon, Honedge works well as a Poke assist being a floating sword that attacks opponents. Maybe Hawluncha can be one and fly up high and body slam opponents. So many potential possibilities with Gen 6 compared to some other gens.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
My friend and I have made a roster together. We have two versions, one with Dixie, one with Ridley.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'll take Ridley over Dixie any day, but why not just put in both? Number limit?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'll take Ridley over Dixie any day, but why not just put in both? Number limit?
Possibly that, but my friend goes back and forth on Dixie. He seems to feel that having just DK and Diddy is all that is needed, and everyone else feels tacked on.

I kind of understand what he means by that. I mean, DK is the main hero and Diddy is his sidekick. Dixie is...a sidekick of a sidekck, and K. Rool, while he'd be cool, hasn't been relevant in quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom