• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Last I checked, Chrom and Robin were the main characters, not just Chrom

Anyone who disagrees is in delusion.
Well, it is meant to be you, after all. Anyone who's played or watched the game for a while (or who just skipped to watching the final battle) should know about Robin's importance to the story.

Although, I don't recall the avatar characters in FE7 and the DS remake of Mystery of the Emblem being as important as the other main characters. Haven't watched playthoughs of those in a while.

I still can't figure out which term most people agree on and which is more "correct":

-Robin
-Tactician

----

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Lucina, Chrom, and Robin.

Though technically Lucina and Robin are optional gameplay wise, while you're forced to use Chrom no matter what.
Is there a route where Robin is optional? That doesn't make much sense with the rest of the game up until the end. I do get what you mean though but it doesn't add much

I'd probably say Robin = Chrom > Lucina > The rest of the cast.

@Treecko: any way is correct but avatar or robin sound the best.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lucina, Chrom, and Robin.

Though technically Lucina and Robin are optional gameplay wise, while you're forced to use Chrom no matter what.
I've always thought Chrom as less the main character and more an allegory for the fate of Ylisse (and the world). Which is why he must he present, and when he dies, the kingdom falls.
I think Robin is the main protagonist.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I've always thought Chrom as less the main character and more an allegory for the fate of Ylisse (and the world). Which is why he must he present, and when he dies, the kingdom falls
Never really thought of it that way. Pretty deep.

Anyways, if you had to assign percentages to the frequency in which we discuss various topics in this thread, how much would you assign to each one?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I've always thought Chrom as less the main character and more an allegory for the fate of Ylisse (and the world). Which is why he must he present, and when he dies, the kingdom falls.
I think Robin is the main protagonist.
Never said which character gets more focus, because all three do get some degree of it, but yes I would agree that Robin is the actual main character while Chrom is more of the observer.

...And man, I don't like it.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I really don't want to be "that guy", but source plz.
Check your source.

The source that states that Plusle and Minun were planned for Brawl is dead wrong and uses evidence that isn't there.

Plus you can just use logic.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Never really thought of it that way. Pretty deep.

Anyways, if you had to assign percentages to the frequency in which we discuss various topics in this thread, how much would you assign to each one?
Top Three

1. Chrom (38%)
2. Saturn's Samurai Goroh Obsession (20%)
3. Pacman and Mii (10%)

Never said which character gets more focus, because all three do get some degree of it, but yes I would agree that Robin is the actual main character while Chrom is more of the observer.

...And man, I don't like it.
I was just making that observation, as I feel it is important in determining the real main character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Guys,I had a weird dream that the pic of the day was Chubby Mac from Captain Rainbow!

...oh...that wasn't a dream?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Guys,I had a weird dream that the pic of the day was Chubby Mac from Captain Rainbow!

...oh...that wasn't a dream?
You were Pic of the daydreaming.

Is there a route where Robin is optional? That doesn't make much sense with the rest of the game up until the end. I do get what you mean though but it doesn't add much

I'd probably say Robin = Chrom > Lucina > The rest of the cast.

@Treecko: any way is correct but avatar or robin sound the best.
I believe Robin is optional for most of the game, but it's not recommended and it's such an outrageous concept no one ever mentions it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I kind of want a Fire Emblem character to be confirmed now, mainly to slow down these Fire Emblem discussions.
I don't want them at all.
If Chrom/Lucina tagteam isn't confirmed,I will find the Cartman NyahNyah gif.
And enjoy my victory.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't want them at all.
If Chrom/Lucina tagteam isn't confirmed,I will find the Cartman NyahNyah gif.
And enjoy my victory.
I was more so talking about Ike being confirmed so the scum sucking salamanders from GameFAQs and NeoGAF can shut the hell up.

But, yeah, okay, sure, that works too.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Check your source.

The source that states that Plusle and Minun were planned for Brawl is dead wrong and uses evidence that isn't there.

Plus you can just use logic.
I am confused.

From what I know, there were files that were found in Brawl's disc for 7 characters. These characters were Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Roy, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik (I'd put money on the fact that it would be Tetra, but you never know with Sakurai), and Pra_Mai.

Many people believe that Pra_Mai were going to be Plusle & Minun, as Plusle's Japanese name is Prasle, and Minun's Japanese name is Mainan.

Can you please tell me what is false or illogical about this?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Because those aren't the actual Japanese names.

The Plusle and Minun trophy has a completely different file name.

If a team character was planned then why would they be one file as opposed to two like Popo and Nana?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I am confused.

From what I know, there were files that were found in Brawl's disc for 7 characters. These characters were Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Roy, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik (I'd put money on the fact that it would be Tetra, but you never know with Sakurai), and Pra_Mai.

Many people believe that Pra_Mai were going to be Plusle & Minun, as Plusle's Japanese name is Prasle, and Minun's Japanese name is Mainan.

Golden explains it on the last page.

---

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I am confused.

THEY. WERE. NOT. PLANNED. FOR. BRAWL!!!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh gosh not this again...

Can we kinda continue talking about the characters instead of arguing about Cliffjumper being Sakurai?

Last edited:

josh bones

Smash Lord
New topic tiem
If the world ends and bandanna dee gets deconfirmed, which character would get in? My money's on knuckle joe.

D

Deleted member

If Waddle Dee is disconfirmed, Kirby's not getting newcomer at all (which is what I'm expecting in the first place). Plain and simple.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Great roster and probably what we will get, but I think Zoroark has a chance...
Thank you! :ness: Tbh I don't know much about Pokemon, so I have no idea what the likelyhood of Zoroark would be. I wouldn't doubt him, but solely based on what other people have said Lucario decreases his chance of being playable (Pokeball maybe?). But, again, I have no idea.

I think Zoroark would be cool. (BTW your username is genius)

I'm new here and I have no idea to make these pictures
Welcome to the forums! I am pretty new here as well (I made an account 3 years ago, but haven't been on until recently). Most of us are using a program specially made for simple roster creation, and it can be found here.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Get rid of that unnecessary grab release lag.
This, and while we're at it, fix Lucas's grab. Oh and make Lucas's b move less ****; Lucas can't kill ****.

The more I think about it, the more I'm fine with the series being represented by just the two boys. Masked Man would give it some variety and is love giegue if he were realistic.

MrAmaboKcorb

Smash Rookie
NNID
AmaboKcorb
If Waddle Dee is disconfirmed, Kirby's not getting newcomer at all (which is what I'm expecting in the first place). Plain and simple.
So am I the only one who thinks Prince Fluff has a decent chance of being a new character?
He would be incredibly unique, a character made of yarn that uses a yarn based move set.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This, and while we're at it, fix Lucas's grab. Oh and make Lucas's b move less ****; Lucas can't kill ****.
When it comes to Lucas, I feel as though he was too centralized with his smash attacks as KO options. Everything else felt more like moves designed for comboing, which isn't bad in itself, but you can't capitalize on the high damage if your best KO options are also your riskiest.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I kind of want a Fire Emblem character to be confirmed now, mainly to slow down these Fire Emblem discussions.
Well, FE6 was released on March 29th...

Belieeeeeve!

**** it's not gonna happen. :urg:

Anyway, I'm in the same boat. Ike would be nice. Although I am expecting him to return, it would certainly shut up those naysayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom