• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Possibly that, but my friend goes back and forth on Dixie. He seems to feel that having just DK and Diddy is all that is needed, and everyone else feels tacked on.

I kind of understand what he means by that. I mean, DK is the main hero and Diddy is his sidekick. Dixie is...a sidekick of a sidekck, and K. Rool, while he'd be cool, hasn't been relevant in quite some time.
K. Rool might not be recent right now, but he is iconic.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
My friend and I have made a roster together. We have two versions, one with Dixie, one with Ridley.
That's great. You tell your friend we're going to put it riiiiiiiiight here on the refrigerator.

Admittedly I do like that you used Naked Snake in place of Solid.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Thanks to google translate, the result is this (note, this is a direct rip for Google translate, which is why the names are weird):

Paper Mario (18%)
Monster Hunter (11%)
Nick & Captain ★ Rainbow (9%)
Lucina (9%)
Daisy (6%)
Waluigi (5%)
Dixie Kong (4%)
Shuruku [Shulk] (4%)
Banjo & Kazui (4%)
Metal Mario (4%)
Magna [Magnus] (4%)
Girahimu (3%)
Shibanyan (3%)
King Couleur [King K. Rool] (2%)
Slime (2%)
Mewtwo (2%)
Frey and Freya (2%)
Fluff (1%)
Isa (1%)
Elsa (1%)
Ukulele Pichu (1%)
Bachmann (1%)
Ende (1%)
Ryu Hayabusa (0%)
Lip (0%)
Ray (0%)
Robin (0%)
Klonoa & Gantz (0%)
Zoroark (0%)
Baby Mario and Baby Luigi (0%)
Heron (0%)
Takamaru (0%)
Crow (0%)
NARUTO (0%)
Ridley (0%)
DeMille (0%)
Piramekipanda (0%)
Doll warrior Gaussian (0%)

Total number of votes cast: 456

To me it just seems to be a random poll with no significance overall, and I question the validity of the website and polling in general (not being able to read Japanese certainly doesn't help confirm what type of site this is, and its overall traffic and demographic), but who knows?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not knowing what I was doing, I put a vote for Paper Mario.

And I can't undo it nor can I post a message asking to discount my vote (since it blocks non-Japanese IPs from posting comments).

Son of a....

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I took a look at the profiles, it seems King Couleur is King K. Rool, Shuruku is Shulk and Magna is Magnus. I'm still looking for Shibanyan.

I get the feeling this is the poll that one article is talking about, the top characters match it quite accurately.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I voted for Ridley.

In English... :troll:

No idea it would do that... I thought it would translate it to the closest Kanji (or whatever) available.

Oh well.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Not knowing what I was doing, I put a vote for Paper Mario.

And I can't undo it nor can I post a message asking to discount my vote (since it blocks non-Japanese IPs from posting comments).

Son of a....
I had a friend translate some of it and that was an automatic vote for me :p

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I do feel kinda bad about voting Ridley in English...

Looks tacky....

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
People are probably the dumbest creatures alive.
If I had a dollar for every time you said this... :laugh:

Y'know, there's a quote I read some time ago. I don't remember exactly, but it goes something like: "Human stupidity is the ultimate weapon". And I guess that's true. Sometimes it might feel like stupidity is a weapon of mass destruction with no counter. But never give up! There's always a way to victory!

The above quote came from a book my sister got for her birthday one year. The book's filled with quotes about human stupidity said by well-known people. You should read it; sounds like it'll be right up your alley lol.

But yeah, Gonzalez is sexy beast. I'm hoping FE6 will get some more representation, whether Roy makes it in or not.

The most ridiculous likely Fire Emblem roster,

Marth
Ike
Lyn + Roy duo
Anna riding dragon Tiki
Robin/Chrom/Lucina triple tagteam
Maiciah wearing Black Knight's armor
I'd be okay with this. Especially that Lyn + Roy duo considering Lyn could potentially become Roy's mother. That's be a pretty sick team. <3

Zynux

Smash Lord
So apparently Ridley was missing in my original post for some odd reason so I edited him in his correct spot.

Damn you Copy Pasterino, you've failed me yet again.

Anyways, a sad, sad day in Smashland when Metal Mario beats Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo in a random poll.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wonder how the Palutena fans are doing, seeing as I haven't even seen her on the poll.
And yet, there's Magnus.

andimidna

Smash Master
The most ridiculous likely Fire Emblem roster,

Marth
Ike
Lyn + Roy duo
Anna riding dragon Tiki
Robin/Chrom/Lucina triple tagteam
Maiciah wearing Black Knight's armor
I legitimately support this :troll:

My friend and I have made a roster together. We have two versions, one with Dixie, one with Ridley.

Honestly, I'd add both Dixie and Ridley before adding Mr.blankspace twice.
Sakurai for Smash? Wait, what?

Wonder how the Palutena fans are doing, seeing as I haven't even seen her on the poll.
And yet, there's Magnus.
I was wondering about that too.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
But yeah, Gonzalez is sexy beast. I'm hoping FE6 will get some more representation, whether Roy makes it in or not.
I think a good place to start would be actually creating trophies from scratch instead of ripping them from other games, so we would avoid a situation like Brawl where there was a heavy emphasis on Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and create trophies based around varies other games.

Aside from that, stickers and music work fine enough, but maybe could be a tad more broad for the latter. If there isn't a glut of Fire Emblem: Awakening content that overshadows everything, we should be golden for the most part.

Also Gonzalaz in HD when

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think a good place to start would be actually creating trophies from scratch instead of ripping them from other games, so we would avoid a situation like Brawl where there was a heavy emphasis on Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and create trophies based around varies other games.
It seems like that is the case.

Fat Mac looks a lot better than his Captain Rainbow model.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wait, was there some poll going on? If there was does any one mind giving out the link?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Hopefully this means something for Earthbound.
I'm sick of having hundreds of Zelda trophies, thousands of Fire Emblem Trophies, and no Retros or Earthbound (since they had sprites and not models, and it was apparently too much effort to make a couple idle models).

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Hopefully this means something for Earthbound.
I'm sick of having hundreds of Zelda trophies, thousands of Fire Emblem Trophies, and no Retros or Earthbound (since they had sprites and not models, and it was apparently too much effort to make a couple idle models).
Since when ?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I kind of want a Fire Emblem character to be confirmed now, mainly to slow down these Fire Emblem discussions.
What would be reaction if it was Chrom?

All I know is that I would prefer to just confirm Ike as soon as possible. He's the only Fire Emblem character I care about. This is of course coming from a guy who isn't well versed in the series.

D

Deleted member

That face when you realize that a lot of those Kirby trophies were from the cancelled Gamecube game.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The return of the greatest war to ever come from Smash speculation around here- heated Roy vs Chrom debates. What could be better?

All I know is that I would prefer to just confirm Ike as soon as possible. He's the only Fire Emblem character I care about. This is of course coming from a guy who isn't well versed in the series.
Ike, Lucas, Wolf or Jigglypuff are the characters I would like to see soon.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That face when you realize that a lot of those Kirby trophies were from the cancelled Gamecube game.
Well you have to make use of them somehow. I mean it's still better than nothing.

The return of the greatest war to ever come from Smash speculation around here- heated Roy vs Chrom debates. What could be better?

Ike, Lucas, Wolf or Jigglypuff are the characters I would like to see soon.
Yeah those are usually fun. And by fun, I mostly mean for me. I don't know jack about Fire Emblem, so having you guys verbally tear each other apart while I can stay out of it is surprisingly funny. I personally want to get Wario, Ike, Meta-Knight, and Yoshi's reveals out of the way. Since those won't bring up much discussion around this place or anywhere else really.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Yeah those are usually fun. And by fun, I mostly mean for me. I don't know jack about Fire Emblem, so having you guys verbally tear each other apart while I can stay out of it is surprisingly funny..
The fun never ends.:laugh:

No, really, at this point, FE discussion has almost become something of a running gag and this is coming from a FE fan.

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
So before we fall into the hell that is a FE debate, let's talk about a character, or characters, that don't get spotlight like other reps, but are still viable candidates: Kat and Ana.

I'd love to see a twin ninja moveset implemented for them, maybe give them an array of various Ninja weaponry, (i.e., Shurikens, Magic, Their basic Katanas.) I think they'd function well as playable characters.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Aside from that, stickers and music work fine enough, but maybe could be a tad more broad for the latter. If there isn't a glut of Fire Emblem: Awakening content that overshadows everything, we should be golden for the most part.

Also Gonzalaz in HD when
I agree. Look at all the ripped TP trophies... I think it's a little bit of an overabundance. Some games/series in particular got very underrepresented. It's probably easier to rip models, but I'd like other series to have more trophy representation as well.

Metal Gear series always seemed odd to me (especially compared to the other 3rd party series: Sonic). Iirc, most trophies appeared in-game in some form (like Cardboard Box, Cypher, REX, etc.) except for Shagohod, arguably Iroquois Pliskin and Naked Snake... and leaving out many important people.

In fact, we got Iroquois Pliskin, which the description even mentions Raiden, but no Raiden trophy (only a sticker)!

I WILL see my bishounen cyborg ninja in Smash... somehow. Hopefully a trophy...

I hope. :urg:

I'm guessing that if Chrom's revealed before Ike, some people will go on saying, "Ike's been replaced by Chrom!" excessively.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Wait, they're actually going to update models instead of rip old ones? Faith in Nintendo, restored.
Which one? :awesome: Though it was the one that eventually turned into the concept of RTD. Or was it Air Ride?

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Violent anger and rage, followed by simple acceptance. As long as he's not a clone.

On Ike, I feel as if he's a practical lock. He's pretty much the big face of American Fire Emblem. Even in a sequel that first didn't star him he eventually just shows up to steal the spotlight.
And 3 FE chaps is a likely scenario.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I agree. Look at all the ripped TP trophies... I think it's a little bit of an overabundance. Some games/series in particular got very underrepresented. It's probably easier to rip models, but I'd like other series to have more trophy representation as well.

Metal Gear series always seemed odd to me (especially compared to the other 3rd party series: Sonic). Iirc, most trophies appeared in-game in some form (like Cardboard Box, Cypher, REX, etc.) except for Shagohod, arguably Iroquois Pliskin and Naked Snake... and leaving out many important people.

In fact, we got Iroquois Pliskin, which the description even mentions Raiden, but no Raiden trophy (only a sticker)!

I WILL see my bishounen cyborg ninja in Smash... somehow. Hopefully a trophy...

I hope. :urg:
....Yeah. Where's The Boss? Ocelot? Solidus? Liquid? Raiden? Otacon?

I hope they appear as trophies.

Seeing Paz, Volgin, Gene, and a proper trophy of Big Boss would also be nice.

And the Wario trophies in general were a disappointment. The near-complete lack of Wario Land content is one thing, but they didn't even have stuff from Wario Ware other than Wario himself, Wario-Man, the bike, and the Assist Trophy, despite focusing on that series in Brawl.

I guess they didn't even want to put in 2D images of the characters for the trophies, since there were no 3D models of characters like Mona and Jimmy T at the time.

----

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom