• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well you talked about She-Hulk, not Shulk.

Also it's pretty obvious why people want Shulk in Super Smash Bros., because there is a severe lack of British people on the roster. It's the same reason people want King K. Rool.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh yeah, and I loved how badass Raidan was in Metal Gear Rising: Revengence. Thank you based Platinum Games.
I'm still disappointing that MGR didn't get a Wii U port. Imagine if we had gotten:

- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- Wonderful 101
- Bayonetta 2

Since Platinum Games has more experience with the Wii U and it's hardware, I'm hoping that them and Kojima will consider a MGR: 2 Wii U port. And they don't even need to go heavy on the gamepad!

I know that some people would rather have Simon Belmont from Konami, as the Castlevania series has stronger history with Nintendo consoles than Metal Gear. Snake's addition is a special case however, and I'm not sure if Sakurai cares too much about these things (as Snake's already in). I don't think Sakurai would take out a list of all the MGS games, and would say stuff like, "Oh no! Snake hasn't appeared enough times on Nintendo consoles! Cuuuut!!" What I do hope, however, is for there to be more Metal Gear games on Nintendo consoles in the future.

still looking for that HD Collection btw. The closest store that sells it is 30 min away lol

On a different subject, even though I'd like gen V to get some representation as well, seeing the Lumiose City stage makes me wonder if Game Freak will push X/Y representation even more...

*stares at Lucario and Mewtwo* I'm watching you guys...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just exactly how is KKR British?
I think he had a British accent in the DKC cartoon. He might have had a similar voice in DK64, I can't remember. I never watched much of it, so I didn't grow up with British K. Rool. But I did grow up with Latin Meta-Knight. Who as we all know, is the best version of Meta-Knight.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I think he had a British accent in the DKC CARTOON. He might have had a similar voice in DK64, I can't remember. I never watched much of it, so I didn't grow up with British K. Rool. But I did grow up with Latin Meta-Knight. Who as we all know, is the best version of Meta-Knight.
CARTOONS?!?!?! HAW HAW HUMBUG!! The only cartoon voice actors in Smash come from Sonic and Pokemon

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
CARTOONS?!?!?! HAW HAW HUMBUG!! The only cartoon voice actors in Smash come from Sonic and Pokemon
Well, Like I said in that post, K. Rool might have had a similar voice in DKC64. I'll it up real quick.

EDIT: Well, I think he has a more subtle accent here. I guess I might have been wrong about that one. I thought that the voices were similar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEdTFGXTrLA

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So Yoshi is this Friday, baby Mario, or no baby Mario?

Also, the **** is wrong with baby Yoshi?

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
I could go either way on that. Yoshi's fine on his own, but most of it's games feature Baby Mario on it's back, so that'd be cool too.

One of my friends actually suggested Baby Mario as an Assist Trophy instead. When summoned, he rides your back, and if you're hit, he floats up in a bubble and starts crying as a timer goes. Anyone who touches or attacks the bubble while the timer is going has the pleasure of giving Baby Mario a ride on their back, but if the timer goes out, the last person to be carrying Baby Mario loses a stock/point.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno...

We might get a Pokemon character today...

:pt::squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:

Here's hoping!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Also, the **** is wrong with baby Yoshi?

He looks a little derpy there. And besides, the Yoshi Kid from Paper Mario 2 is the best Yoshi of them all. He actually has pants.

I dunno...

We might get a Pokemon character today...

:pt::squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:

Here's hoping!
I don't want to get my hopes up. I mean, they didn't want advertise X and Y with a character, but perhaps that was due to Sonic being the October character. And Lucario was more of a Brawl celebration than a Pokemon one. I think we could get a Pokeball Summon though. That, and Yoshi's possible reveal might be it for this week, as far as big news goes.

Eh, my computer is running a little slow now. I hope I don't double post this by mistake.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I always thought Hoenn had the best starters. While Kanto and Johto were pretty close behind. Unova's, Sinnoh's, and Kalos' were cool too. Though each of those gens had one I didn't like all that much.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The problem is that the if a Kalos Trainer followed Pokemon Trainer's pattern, we'd get this

No thank you.
Most of the middle forms of starters are pretty lame. But they do make up for it with their last forms. I still think that Prinplup and Braxien might be my least favorites of any group.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Most of the middle forms of starters are pretty lame. But they do make up for it with their last forms. I still think that Prinplup and Braxien might be my least favorites of any group.
No kidding. That applies to almost any three-stage Pokemon though.
Quilladin broke my heart. Chesnaught breaks everyone else's :)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Grovyle is way more popular than every other middle-evo starter, I think.
Well if there's ever a Hoenn Trainer we know which starters would be at certain stages. Mudkip is the most popular of it's evolution line. Grovyle, as you said is the most popular middle form, or at least one of them. And Blaziken is easily one of the most popular pokemon of them all, starter or not.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well if there's ever a Hoenn Trainer we know which starters would be at certain stages. Mudkip is the most popular of it's evolution line. Grovyle, as you said is the most popular middle form, or at least one of them. And Blaziken is easily one of the most popular pokemon of them all, starter or not.
Of Hoenn Pokemon, you mean? I doubt Blaziken is the popular Pokemon. Honestly, Pokemon Trainer's set-up could work for most gens.

Johto: Totodile, Bayleef, Typhlosion
Sinnoh:
Piplup, Grotle, Infernape
Unova:
Oshawott, Servine, Emboar. Though I would swap the first two for Dewott and Snivy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How about...no trainers....just....Hawlucha. :troll:
Are you kidding me? A wild Hawlucha? He's too majestic and powerful for the rest of the cast. They'll just get wrecked...Too OP, please nerf.

Of Hoenn Pokemon, you mean? I doubt Blaziken is the popular Pokemon. Honestly, Pokemon Trainer's set-up could work for most gens.

Sinnoh: Piplup, Grotle, Infernape
Unova: Oshawott, Servine, Emboar. Though I would swap the first two for Dewott and Snivy.
I only said one of them. I'd place him below the quite a few Pokemon, but he's still up there in popularity. Like top 15 or so. For a Johto team, why not Chikorita, Quilava, and Feraligatr?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Fine, we'll give him a Trainer.
That might work. Though he could still make Melee Fox look like Brawl Ganondorf. But it can't be helped.

But must another trainer character be forced to follow Pokemon Trainer's "pattern" of water base form, grass middle form, and fire final form?

Chespin, Braixen, and Greninja would be best for me.

-----
I would much prefer Fennekin, Frodageir(or however you spell it), and Chesnaught.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Sinnoh: Piplup, Grotle, Infernape
Unova: Oshawott, Servine, Emboar. Though I would swap the first two for Dewott and Snivy.
Personally I'd go with Cyndaquil, Bayleef and Feraligatr for Johto and Tepig, Dewott and Serperior for Unova, I don't think those two need to follow original PT's pattern. I agree on Sinnoh and for Kalos, I agree with the rebellious gecko.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But must another trainer character be forced to follow Pokemon Trainer's "pattern" of water base form, grass middle form, and fire final form?
-----
No, but it does work for the others in my opinion.

a

Personally I'd go with Cyndaquil, Bayleef and Feraligatr for Johto and Tepig, Dewott and Serperior for Unova, I don't think those two need to follow original PT's pattern. I agree on Sinnoh and for Kalos, I agree with the rebellious gecko.
a

I suppose, but I feel, like Mudkip, Snivy's meme status would make him more ideal.

I'm just spit-balling here, though. I would rather not have a another Trainer, whether they are replacing the old one or appearing alongside them.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Chespin, Braixen, and Greninja will work just fine

Since I saw him, ive never liked hawlucha. not qt enuff

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
All I really want in regards to Pokemon Trainers is for them to call the Kanto Pokemon Trainer "Red". Reference it in his trophy description, at the very least. I really don't think that's too much to ask. It's like calling Link "Hero of Time" or Ness "EarthBound Protagonist" instead of their actual names. There's seriously no reason not to acknowledge his canon name.

Though I certainly wouldn't mind a Hoenn Trainer with Blaziken/Grovyle/Mudkip... Ahem...

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't think we are getting a Pokemon character tonight... I think we are getting Yoshi this Friday. Yoshi's New Island comes out this Friday.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I doubt Robin will be named Robin if he/she makes it in.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Isn't it an avatar? Like Villager, and Pokemon Trainer?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Isn't it an avatar? Like Villager, and Pokemon Trainer?
No, unless you consider Ness and Link avatars as well, in which case you're confusing the term avatar with playable character. Everyone you just named save for the Villager has a default name. Robin, Link, Ness, Red--these names are considered the source material. They aren't avatars in the sense Villager is.

The same goes for Miis as it does for Villager, for that matter. Obviously, unless we get a Mii based on just one person (Reggie or Nikki for SSB4, amirite??), the Miis would be referred to as just Mii. The both of them are deliberately nameless avatars for the player. That's the difference between a character you can rename and an avatar.

Hence, Robin just makes the most sense for his/her name should they make an appearance.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I still think "Pokémon Trainer" was chosen as Red's name so they could add in a Female alternate costume at some point but didn't for whatever reason.

Just a theory with very little to work with, but it his job description / title as is "Wii Fit Trainer" and "Villager". Only reason Robin could still have his / her name AND have an alternate costume based on the opposite gender is because Robin is a gender-ambiguous name.

The vague name just allows the possibility of having a separate character being the alternate costume.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
That didn't seem to be the case during Brawl, though. This is the first game we've heard anything about opposite-gender alternate costumes. Surely if that type of concept mattered, it would have been implemented in Brawl. Nothing in the files otherwise implies we had anything like that.

With Wii Fit Trainer additionally getting changed animations (one of Miss Fit Trainer's moves using her thighs is instead changed to a headbutt as Male Fit Trainer) and likely changed audio, surely the distinction between "Red" and "Leaf" wouldn't be a hard one for the announcer to make.

I think the point also stands--while it could it argued that Wii Fit Trainer and Villager had gender-neutral names in anticipation of having gender-bent alts, just what would you name these characters otherwise? For the life of me, I can't think of anything that comes off as distinctly male or female without having to add "Mr." or "Miss" at the beginning. Even then, nothing comes to mind for Villager/Mayor/Animal Crosser...

Again, Red and Leaf surely shouldn't be a stretch. Red as a name is especially perfect if he won't have Leaf as an alternate.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I don't think we are getting a Pokemon character tonight... I think we are getting Yoshi this Friday. Yoshi's New Island comes out this Friday.
Nope. What we did get was Zelda buffs.
Meaning I feel like this game is becoming Brawl - levels of balance. Meaning everyone's going to be Akuma in SSF2T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom