• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
But yes, if Lucas is to be cut, I feel like it'll mainly be due to him being stuck as a Japanese-exclusive game. If the Sal leak is all we're getting, then every character has been international, and I think this is what Sakurai is aiming for. International characters are more recognizable than ones exclusive to one country, which is why I feel like we'll never get Mike Jones or Takamaru.
If Sakurai is trying bring back as many characters as he can, wouldn't it mean Lucas is cut mainly because of time constraints?

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
:snype:

Of course I find the leak to contain some credibility, that has remained my perspective ever since E3 2013 when Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Mega Man were all revealed in correlation with it. However; as I asserted previously, I choose to remain objective as that is the most logical mentality. The leak has been accurate thus far, but it is impossible to determine which aspects of the leak are false until they are confirmed to be false (which will only happen upon release). I am open to all of the possibilities, this includes the notion that the leak might be outdated, or that information might have changed during the development cycle, or that the leaker had legitimate information but decided to fabricate the rest. It is also possible that these are our only remaining newcomers.
You're not being logical, you're being stubborn. There's a difference.

Here's an admittedly tortured analogy because I TYPE WORDS. You pull up to a random road worker in a city you don't know. You ask them for directions to the subway. They tell you it's down the road, past the pub, but you'll need to make a right at the McDonald's first..

A logical person would think, "Ah, there's the McDonald's. So then after this turn there's a pub near the subway I can grab a drink at after my business with the subway is done." There's no logical reason to believe the worker would lie about this statement, especially after the first part of his statement has been proven true.

Your mindset instead decides, "Ah, there's the McDonald's. Now, let's see if this pub thing is true." You're assuming the person has either has elected to leave information out for some reason("Left or Right of the street on the way to the subway?"), were perhaps were mistaken in their response("Were they talking about the transit system or the restaurant?"), or lying to you("He might just enjoy watching outsiders get lost."). This is after you have found the first part of the statement to be truthful.

It is logical to conclude that the leak is legitimate. It is reasonable to assume from that conclusion that this may be the full roster. It's just plain stubborn to say that the leak is still totally not legitimate because something something, I don't know!
It still seems dumb to cut Lucas, considering that Toon Link is similar to Link, and yet he returned. Likewise, Falco's specials are similar to Fox's.
Eh. Lucas was a representative of a franchise that was a total non-starter here in the States. Ness was the only main character that NA got, so it makes sense that Ness is the one with broader overall appeal(given that Lucas is literally unseen in any American market. At least Earthbound showed up. Twice!).

No it should not. It will be treated as fact once it is fact, there is not a logical reason to "essentially" treat it as fact. In fact, we should treat it as false until it is proven to be true because it is a LEAK. Technically, each and every leak that asserts that their leak pertains to the Gematsu leak would have to (essentially) be treated as fact in that event. You can see why that is fallacious, no doubt.
There's such a thing as reason. Gematsu has proven itself improbable in its accuracy, period. You do not guess WFT, and you do not clarify Mii Fighters the night before E3.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Even within the leak, there's still room for debate, but how much longer will fans deny its reliability before it becomes obvious that it's the genuine article? Until every last character on it is confirmed? By then, you've set yourself up for a big emotional letdown.

Shroob

Sup?
If Sakurai is trying bring back as many characters as he can, wouldn't it mean Lucas is cut mainly because of time constraints?
You however can't deny that if the Sal leak is all we get, then every character is an international character. Not a single one is Japanese exclusive, which we've gotten 2 games in a row now.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
You however can't deny that if the Sal leak is all we get, then every character is an international character. Not a single one is Japanese exclusive, which we've gotten 2 games in a row now.
Makes sense. Broaden market horizons by showcasing folk everyone knows.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No it should not. It will be treated as fact once it is fact, there is not a logical reason to "essentially" treat it as fact. In fact, we should treat it as false until it is proven to be true because it is a LEAK. Technically, each and every leak that asserts that their leak pertains to the Gematsu leak would have to (essentially) be treated as fact in that event. You can see why that is fallacious, no doubt.
"Basically" fact. I worded it that way specifically to avoid arguing over semantics, but alas.

There's no reason to believe it to be false, plain and simple. It has been absolutely correct so far.

And no it wouldn't. It's the fact that it comes from the same source that makes it believable. Fake leaks pertaining to the Sal Leak should be seen as false without Sal's verification. As far as I'm concerned, there's reason to believe Sal. There's not for the others, at this point in time.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Ness doesn't have a game in Europe

Fake EDIT: OK I just remembered the VC release that I actually got, even though that was the NTSC version lol
Though the roster was decided before there were any plans to release Mother 2 in VC outside of Japan, which only really happened because of the huge demand in Miiverse.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Ness doesn't have a game in Europe

Fake EDIT: OK I just remembered the VC release that I actually got, even though that was the NTSC version lol
Though the roster was decided before there were any plans to release Mother 2 in VC outside of Japan, which only really happened because of the huge demand in Miiverse.
By international, I was more implying "Non-Japanese exclusive". Roy and Lucas' games were both Japanese exclusive.

Morbi

Scavenger
You're not being logical, you're being stubborn. There's a difference.

Here's an admittedly tortured analogy because I TYPE WORDS. You pull up to a random road worker in a city you don't know. You ask them for directions to the subway. They tell you it's down the road, past the pub, but you'll need to make a right at the McDonald's first..

A logical person would think, "Ah, there's the McDonald's. So then after this turn there's a pub near the subway I can grab a drink at after my business with the subway is done." There's no logical reason to believe the worker would lie about this statement, especially after the first part of his statement has been proven true.

Your mindset instead decides, "Ah, there's the McDonald's. Now, let's see if this pub thing is true." You're assuming the person has either has elected to leave information out for some reason("Left or Right of the street on the way to the subway?"), were perhaps were mistaken in their response("Were they talking about the transit system or the restaurant?"), or lying to you("He might just enjoy watching outsiders get lost."). This is after you have found the first part of the statement to be truthful.

It is logical to conclude that the leak is legitimate. It is reasonable to assume from that conclusion that this may be the full roster. It's just plain stubborn to say that the leak is still totally not legitimate because something something, I don't know!

Eh. Lucas was a representative of a franchise that was a total non-starter here in the States. Ness was the only main character that NA got, so it makes sense that Ness is the one with broader overall appeal(given that Lucas is literally unseen in any American market. At least Earthbound showed up. Twice!).

There's such a thing as reason. Gematsu has proven itself improbable in its accuracy, period. You do not guess WFT, and you do not clarify Mii Fighters the night before E3.
Incompetence at its finest. I am not sure why you felt obliged to be a pretentious **** and state that what I state is not logical because you do not personally agree; however, I will elaborate.

It is not logical to be aware of all of the possibilities and conclude that each is as likely as the other if there is no definitive evidence to support the perspective? I would assert that you are adhering to confirmation bias; your analogy is not material in the slightest, it does not pertain to this situation particularity. If the leaker had information prior the the roster being finalized, his leak is not going to be objectively true (as the information is not complete). Therefore, I am not making the erroneous assumption that everything that he states is indeed correct because a couple of aspects of his leak were true. I am not entirely sure why that analogy is not self-referential incoherence myself. It is self-defeating, I suppose that is not the point.

It is just as logical to conclude that the leak is legitimate as it is to be hesitant in regards to the list. Logic does not only support one side of the argument. Perhaps I am adamant in my perspective, that does not arbitrarily alter the notion that my perspective is logical.

"There's such a thing as reason. Gematsu has proven itself improbable in its accuracy, period. You do not guess WFT, and you do not clarify Mii Fighters the night before E3."

If you actually read my post, you would find that I agree with this sentiment as I quite literally stated such.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
"Basically" fact. I worded it that way specifically to avoid arguing over semantics, but alas.

There's no reason to believe it to be false, plain and simple. It has been absolutely correct so far.

And no it wouldn't. It's the fact that it comes from the same source that makes it believable. Fake leaks pertaining to the Sal Leak should be seen as false without Sal's verification. As far as I'm concerned, there's reason to believe Sal. There's not for the others, at this point in time.
Of course, but that would be presumptuous, and therefore it is not feasible to blatantly disregard the post just because Sal does not have his little seal of approval on their leak. The notion is arbitrary and it is PRECISELY the reason why one could believe the Gematsu leak to be false: "because I said so."

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Even within the leak, there's still room for debate, but how much longer will fans deny its reliability before it becomes obvious that it's the genuine article? Until every last character on it is confirmed? By then, you've set yourself up for a big emotional letdown.
There will always be what ifs for any character and detractors around every corner. We await the dawn of the 3DS version or official word saying "this is the final roster" pre-release.

Until then we twiddle our thumbs for the rain to come regarding the remaining characters.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
The Gematasu leak is technically not proven to be 100% real, but there's so much going for it that getting your hopes up for anyone outside of the leak is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Morbi

Scavenger
The Gematasu leak is technically not proven to be 100% real, but there's so much going for it that getting your hopes up for anyone outside of the leak is setting yourself up for disappointment.
Not necessarily, as even if the Gematsu leak is 100% real, there could be more newcomers than the three listed. Regardless, there are still characters with a lot of "evidence" in their favor, I am not going to disregard that because they are not listed in a rumor.

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Incompetence at its finest. I am not sure why you felt obliged to be a pretentious **** and state that what I state is not logical because you do not personally agree; however, I will elaborate.

It is not logical to be aware of all of the possibilities and conclude that each is as likely as the other if there is no definitive evidence to support the perspective? I would assert that you are adhering to confirmation bias; your analogy is not material in the slightest, it does not pertain to this situation particularity. If the leaker had information prior the the roster being finalized, his leak is not going to be objectively true (as the information is not complete). Therefore, I am not making the erroneous assumption that everything that he states is indeed correct because a couple of aspects of his leak were true. I am not entirely sure why that analogy is not self-referential incoherence myself. It is self-defeating, I suppose that is not the point.

It is just as logical to conclude that the leak is legitimate as it is to be hesitant in regards to the list. Logic does not only support one side of the argument. Perhaps I am adamant in my perspective, that does not arbitrarily alter the notion that my perspective is logical.

"There's such a thing as reason. Gematsu has proven itself improbable in its accuracy, period. You do not guess WFT, and you do not clarify Mii Fighters the night before E3."

If you actually read my post, you would find that I agree with this sentiment as I quite literally stated such.
No, you're being completely and utterly unreasonable. Why would you assume that this person lied when, so far, he's been accurate? Eight lucky guesses? Or hell, any lucky guesses? You're finding anything you can stretch toward to try and blow a hole in the leak. Again, eight times. Plus, Sal not dispensing the 'Plus' part of 'Gematsu Plus' is precisely a reason to doubt because now someone else is claiming to have what Sal legitimately does, and none of their predictions have been verified yet. We know there will be leaks that will bandwagon onto anything that looks legitimate, so it's safe to disregard anything that's not straight from Sal or Nintendo themselves. If you can't necessarily prove or disprove a statement, you have to look at its source and see if it's reputable.

You're right, we can't prove that Chrom, Shulk, and CK are coming, or that they're the last ones. We can, however, look at the fact that Sal's leaker has given good information at least eight times and it would be reasonable to say that the rest of the statement therein is true as well. Especially when there's no reason to lie about the characters! There is no reason to leak CK, Chrom, or Shulk because they generate zero buzz! How many people griped and complained at the idea of Chrom over, say, Lucina or Robin? It's not like fangasm rosters that have Ridley/K.Rool/Mewtwo/etc, there's nothing to really gain here aside from showcasing the roster early. The fact that it's been being proved true time and time again lends it a huge amount of legitimacy. You're a fool if you doubt it's validity at this point.

It's like when Brawl was on its way and this forum went crazy trying to tell everyone that the 35-character roster was fake because the source wasn't Nintendo itself, it was MarkMan and Reno(and others, my apologies for being unable to properly credit). Denial after denial after denial, and these folk were looking at it as logically as you seem to be approaching Gematsu!

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Ebony, Morbid.

Simmer it down a little, you two. Don't let it get too heated over denial/belief of the Gematsu leak. If you can't either get to some result, you can always agree to disagree.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
My personal opinion?

Shulk is to this game as Saki was to Brawl.

Both recent or recently rebooted (at the time) protagonists of a VERY cult popular Japanese series that was localized by fan demand and would get a sequel around the time of that Smash game.

Off what I know of the new Xenoblade Chronicles game, Shulk doesn't appear to have as much playable prominence in the sequel to his game. Neither did Saki in Sin & Punishment: Star Sucsessor, that spot was given to Isa.

Both are blonde, have swords with backup functionalities, etc.

The difference? I don't think Saki is as lucky as Shulk.

... Unless we get Saki DLC which would be AWESOME.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Imb4 ebony brings up his terrible argument for there being no characters after Gematsu

Edit: I'm still lmao at how Ebony thinks it's cool to say :snype: One day I'll be as edgy and hipster as him... one day

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
No, you're being completely and utterly unreasonable. Why would you assume that this person lied when, so far, he's been accurate? Eight lucky guesses? Or hell, any lucky guesses? You're finding anything you can stretch toward to try and blow a hole in the leak. Again, eight times. Plus, Sal not dispensing the 'Plus' part of 'Gematsu Plus' is precisely a reason to doubt because now someone else is claiming to have what Sal legitimately does, and none of their predictions have been verified yet. We know there will be leaks that will bandwagon onto anything that looks legitimate, so it's safe to disregard anything that's not straight from Sal or Nintendo themselves. If you can't necessarily prove or disprove a statement, you have to look at its source and see if it's reputable.

You're right, we can't prove that Chrom, Shulk, and CK are coming, or that they're the last ones. We can, however, look at the fact that Sal's leaker has given good information at least eight times and it would be reasonable to say that the rest of the statement therein is true as well. Especially when there's no reason to lie about the characters! There is no reason to leak CK, Chrom, or Shulk because they generate zero buzz! How many people griped and complained at the idea of Chrom over, say, Lucina or Robin? It's not like fangasm rosters that have Ridley/K.Rool/Mewtwo/etc, there's nothing to really gain here aside from showcasing the roster early. The fact that it's been being proved true time and time again lends it a huge amount of legitimacy. You're a fool if you doubt it's validity at this point.

It's like when Brawl was on its way and this forum went crazy trying to tell everyone that the 35-character roster was fake because the source wasn't Nintendo itself, it was MarkMan and Reno(and others, my apologies for being unable to properly credit). Denial after denial after denial, and these folk were looking at it as logically as you seem to be approaching Gematsu!
I did not insinuate that I assume that he is deliberately lying, I asserted that it was a possibility, nothing more. Secondly, apparently you did not read my second post EITHER, I do not believe that the characters discerned by Sal's source are guesses. Next, I am not trying to refute the leak in the slightest. I do not support it, but that does not mean that I am attempting to "find anything I can to stretch toward to try and blow a hole in the leak." Whatever the hell that means. I do agree with the sentiment illuminated here, and I was going to address this issue in the other post; however, I did not necessarily feel as though it was ideal to state the obvious. It is not so much about whether or not the source is reputable, as that is irrelevant. It is more so about that fact that if the Gematsu leak is accurate beyond a reasonable doubt and someone claims to have additional information without their assertion being discredited, one would be wise to believe that leak until it is proven false.

Which is immaterial if my prediction which is supported by fact is indeed correct. Let me demonstrate why your logic is completely and utterly fallacious.

2+2= 4, correct? Mario is in Smash 4. Black Shadow is in the game. Under your ridiculous perspective, it would be reasonable to treat my third statement as fact because I have not yet lied.

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
I did not insinuate that I assume that he is deliberately lying, I asserted that it was a possibility, nothing more. Secondly, apparently you did not read my second post EITHER, I do not believe that the characters discerned by Sal's source are guesses. Next, I am not trying to refute the leak in the slightest. I do not support it, but that does not mean that I am attempting to "find anything I can to stretch toward to try and blow a hole in the leak." Whatever the hell that means. I do agree with the sentiment illuminated here, and I was going to address this issue in the other post; however, I did not necessarily feel as though it was ideal to state the obvious. It is not so much about whether or not the source is reputable, as that is irrelevant. It is more so about that fact that if the Gematsu leak is accurate beyond a reasonable doubt and someone claims to have additional information without their assertion being discredited, one would be wise to believe that leak until it is proven false.

Which is immaterial if my prediction which is supported by fact is indeed correct. Let me demonstrate why your logic is completely and utterly fallacious.

2+2= 4, correct? Mario is in Smash 4. Black Shadow is in the game. Under your ridiculous perspective, it would be reasonable to treat my third statement as fact because I have not yet lied.
Under yours, you could assume the very same! Gotta consider every possibility!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
My personal opinion?

Shulk is to this game as Saki was to Brawl.

Both recent or recently rebooted (at the time) protagonists of a VERY cult popular Japanese series that was localized by fan demand and would get a sequel around the time of that Smash game.

Off what I know of the new Xenoblade Chronicles game, Shulk doesn't appear to have as much playable prominence in the sequel to his game. Neither did Saki in Sin & Punishment: Star Sucsessor, that spot was given to Isa.

Both are blonde, have swords with backup functionalities, etc.

The difference? I don't think Saki is as lucky as Shulk.

... Unless we get Saki DLC which would be AWESOME.
I think Shulk is in because of series awareness. Monolith Soft is first party now, so Nintendo would probably want their games to sell. Adding Shulk to raise awareness for them is a good idea.

Also, Sin & Punishment on the Wii bombed SO bad and you can find it dirt cheap EVERYWHERE, whereas Xenoblade was relatively successful and is on high demand.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Not really sure if there's any characters after Gematsu (assuming it's true which in all likeliness, it is). Of course I'd love for there to be more, but I think that it would be kind of convenient for the leaker to have missed a number of fan-favorites in all 3 of their statements. So currently I'm not really expecting anything more but I'm open to the possibility.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Under yours, you could assume the very same! Gotta consider every possibility!
Is there something wrong with considering every possibility? I would imagine such open-minded thinking is key in this kind of speculation, where there are no guarantees and nearly anything is possible.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Not necessarily, as even if the Gematsu leak is 100% real, there could be more newcomers than the three listed. Regardless, there are still characters with a lot of "evidence" in their favor, I am not going to disregard that because they are not listed in a rumor.
Thing is we know that there aren't that many newcomers left, also what evidence and for what characters? The closest thing I can think of as "evidence" for a newcomer is a retro character, since Sakurai said he wants to bring back old characters (though they could still bring back old characters without making them playable) other then that it's mainly just been hints that may not even be intentional.

Morbi

Scavenger
Thing is we know that there aren't that many newcomers left, also what evidence and for what characters? The closest thing I can think of as "evidence" for a newcomer is a retro character, since Sakurai said he wants to bring back old characters (though they could still bring back old characters without making them playable) other then that it's mainly just been hints that may not even be intentional.
I agree, which is why I put the word "evidence" in quotation marks. "Subtle allusions" would have been the more accurate term.

Shroob

Sup?
Why do people not consider the possibility that Megaman and Pac-Man are our retro reps? Both are designed after their older appearances, and Megaman is most famous for his retro-8 bit games, which is the form they chose. Yes, they've had games 'recently', but they are still retro. Little Mac falls under this as well.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Why do people not consider the possibility that Megaman and Pac-Man are our retro reps? Both are designed after their older appearances, and Megaman is most famous for his retro-8 bit games, which is the form they chose. Yes, they've had games 'recently', but they are still retro. Little Mac falls under this as well.
I think that's because our idea of a "retro" character is one that is from an old series that has not had an installment in a significant amount of time, and could potentially be revived after their inclusion in Smash (like Pit was after Brawl). Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Little Mac have had recent installments in their series and cannot be "revived."

Morbi

Scavenger
Some people do consider them our "retro representatives," but one of the predominant reasons that others do not is because of an article that implied that he wanted to "revive" Nintendo franchises or something to that effect.

Shroob

Sup?
I think that's because our idea of a "retro" character is one that is from an old series that has not had an installment in a significant amount of time, and could potentially be revived after their inclusion in Smash (like Pit was after Brawl). Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Little Mac have had recent installments in their series and cannot be "revived."
Is it not possible that they simply will not this time? We did not get a "Character who was retro who had their franchise revived" in Melee. Game&Watch and Ice Climbers were our retro rep, but neither were 'revived' in the sense that they started making new Game and Watch systems or an Ice Climbers sequel. This thing only started with Brawl.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I think Shulk is in because of series awareness. Monolith Soft is first party now, so Nintendo would probably want their games to sell. Adding Shulk to raise awareness for them is a good idea.

Also, Sin & Punishment on the Wii bombed SO bad and you can find it dirt cheap EVERYWHERE, whereas Xenoblade was relatively successful and is on high demand.
You've got me there. I just purchased Star Successor for 9 bucks today.

Also, on the whole "retro rep", "recent rep", etc., I think we up play it significantly.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I don't see Pac-Man's old design as a retro character, seeing how it's been used in Pac-Man games as late as 2012. With Mega Man Capcom purposefully made him look retro in his newest games, it's just become his normal design. With Little Mac he doesn't even use his classic design. Sakurai just chose the 3rd parties most iconic designs. Besides Sakurai said he wanted to bring back old characters, you can't bring them back if they were never away.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
I believed we were getting a "retro rep" because I was under the impression that Sakurai intended to "revive" old and forgotten characters like Ice Climbers, Game & Watch and Pit. That is to say, I was expecting it based on what Sakurai said. If he truly meant Pac-Man, Mac, and Mega Man...well...okay? I wouldn't count any of them as forgotten classics, really. Punch Out is still rather popular I believe, and Mega Man has tons of fans all over the world. Pac-Man's having a new game this year, and I just don't see those characters in the same light as, say, Ice Climbers. I was almost certain the "retro rep" would have been Takamaru, but I may have been wrong. What with all his recent appearances, Nintendo Land mini game, the Captain Rainbow trophy, etc. I mean, I noticed every franchise that had a mini game in Nintendo Land now has a stage or character in SSB4, all except The Mysterious Murasame Castle. His game also finally saw a release outside of Japan out of random. It all seemed to make sense, but...alas I was sadly over thinking everything. I'm making myself sad now...

Khoru

Smash Champion
I believed we were getting a "retro rep" because I was under the impression that Sakurai intended to "revive" old and forgotten characters like Ice Climbers, Game & Watch and Pit. That is to say, I was expecting it based on what Sakurai said. If he truly meant Pac-Man, Mac, and Mega Man...well...okay? I wouldn't count any of them as forgotten classics, really. Punch Out is still rather popular I believe, and Mega Man has tons of fans all over the world. Pac-Man's having a new game this year, and I just don't see those characters in the same light as, say, Ice Climbers. I was almost certain the "retro rep" would have been Takamaru, but I may have been wrong. What with all his recent appearances, Nintendo Land mini game, the Captain Rainbow trophy, etc. I mean, I noticed every franchise that had a mini game in Nintendo Land now has a stage or character in SSB4, all except The Mysterious Murasame Castle. His game also finally saw a release outside of Japan out of random. It all seemed to make sense, but...alas I was sadly over thinking everything. I'm making myself sad now...
ehh i could totes see murasame getting a stage on at least wii u
preferably in the visual style of okami

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Well, yeah, because there's no one like K.Rool. Smash characters who haven't appeared in a long time are either characters that bring a whole new series representation (thus bringing diversity to the roster and in turn raise awareness to the series), or they were in Smash before when they appeared recently.

K.Rool hasn't appeared in a DK game in a long time, and the series got newfound popularity with a reboot with him nowhere to be seen. The DKC that actually ARE first party and not outsourced don't have the series' "main" villain. I mean, you could argue Dixie wasn't needed either, but I'd argue she (and Cranky) brought a lot to the game design and brought so much variety to the level design that made the game as good as it is now (the best DKC game, that is). The snowmads were really charming with choke full of detail in their animations that they ended up being my favorite DKC enemies.

But enough gushing about the game. What I'm trying to say is; do we really need a third DK rep? I want Dixie, and wouldn't really mind K.Rool anyway. But do we really need them? And why? DK series is really big now again, but it's because of DK and Diddy and how great the games are, and not because of the characters. DK is the big iconic ape, and Diddy brings the DKC representation in his moveset, so I'm personally content honestly. All Dixie and K.Rool would do is rep themselves, and that's it. I don't want that, and I don't want a character to be added just because they're villains. (And I'm content with the females we got after how bad Brawl was towards that) If it were up to me I'd pick DK Jr as the third DK rep because I really feel arcade DK needs some love, but I guess everyone is glad it's not up to me lol.
Bringing a villain is a good way to "balance" the characters representing a series. You have the main protagonist, the side-kick(barring DKC:2 and a couple of spin-offs), and the antagonist. I also think King K. Rool has more to offer than Dixie Kong. We still haven't seen a heavy-weight newcomer, nor a villain from a series.

I'm pretty sure the Kremlings would have just as much detail in their animations if they were introduced in 2014, I mean the original DKC series was limited. Also, if you count it, the Kremlings were featured in a horrible TV show, which shows more personality. For a SNES, the animation was fantastic and received much praise for it's graphics. Tropical Freeze was indeed a great game, but it's not really my favorite. I'm not biased either, I played the original DKC series as I played TF.

I personally don't think it's too fair that a series with so much success and games is receiving less content than a series with 3 games with moderate success, well at least as of now. So, a third DK rep is very needed, to me. The DK Arcade did receive love, it received a stage which the original DKC did not. And I'll have to say, I think DK Jr. would probably start an internet riot. Especially those who supported K. Rool or Dixie. I'd riot with them honestly.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
C'mon guys, really?

Just face it. The Gematsu leak is REAL. Typically, I would have not stopped in here, but this is just crazy. The leak is real. It makes sense for it to be. Chorus Men are basically confirmed with the enemy in Smash Run anyway. Chrom is going to happen. Shulk is probably happening Monday. It doesn't mean other people can't get in, but Gematsu is real.

I mean honestly. There's no reason to deny it now. It doesn't even matter. Every character in it has been revealed thus far, and there's basically no stopping it.

Frankly, if you're still denying it, you're going to start looking foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom