• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The difference is that the "trio" clones actually LOOK different.
If I showed these guys together and said they were the same person with some age difference to someone with no knowledge of MOTHER, few would contradict me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just like Ninten cause he'd be the perfect excuse to give Ness a brand-new moveset and copy-paste the old one to Ninten.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
If I showed these guys together and said they were the same person with some age difference to someone with no knowledge of MOTHER, few would contradict me.

My problem with Ninten is that he's Ness's dad, last I checked. Can't think of anything more awkward than killing your own father. Or if not his father, Ness is basically Ninten 2.0.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I also just thought of a horror scenario: what if Mewtwo's Special Moves suddenly got revealed as alternative custom moves for Lucario and Greninja? All but Disable.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Let's stop talking about Mewtwo for a bit. The conversation's getting a bit stale.

How about the likelihood of a replacement for Lucas, if he is indeed cut. Will we receive a new Mother/Earthbound character, like Porky, or will Mother be restricted to one rep?
If Lucas is, in fact, cut, I can almost assure you that there wouldn't be a replacement. I mean, Porky, for sure, makes a lot of sense, but I think he makes much more sense in addition to Ness and Lucas, as opposed to just Ness. Aside from that, nobody comes to mind that would take priority over Lucas, in my opinion.

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
My problem with Ninten is that he's Ness's dad, last I checked. Can't think of anything more awkward than killing your own father. Or if not his father, Ness is basically Ninten 2.0.
FYI, if Chrom makes it into the game he'll be able to fight his great great great great great great great great grandfather (probably missed a few "greats" in there): Marth.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
FYI, if Chrom makes it into the game he'll be able to fight his great great great great great great great great grandfather (probably missed a few "greats" in there): Marth.
He best be careful with that sword, lest he erase himself from existince, I say about the series that damns canon.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Porky makes sense as a newcomer, as he is not only the single most important MOTHER character and a great villain to boot, but his inclusion would help keep Ness and Lucas relevant. Both are tied to this despicable child for their own reasons, the ties between EarthBound and MOTHER 3 are personified in Mr. Minch.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Porky makes sense as a newcomer, as he is not only the single most important MOTHER character and a great villain to boot, but his inclusion would help keep Ness and Lucas relevant. Both are tied to this despicable child for their own reasons, the ties between EarthBound and MOTHER 3 are personified in Mr. Minch.
Last I checked, Sakurai doesn't want pedophiles in Smash. That's why we didn't get Tingle.

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice

To me the case of Ness compared to Ninten is the same thing as Mario compared to Luigi. They're not drastically different, Luigi initially having just been a straight up color swap of Mario, but over the years changes in Luigi's design and personality have made him more distinctive and separate from Mario. If this change could happen to Luigi, why can't the same happen to Ninten? Plus this is Sakurai we're talking about, I'm sure he can think of a suitable redesign.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well, seeing a battle between Bowser and his son would be awesome for me. I always wanted Bowser Jr. to turn on his father and KO him bwahaha! Kamek would be cool too. Hooray for non-canon shenanigans!

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Ninten is not Ness's father.
And if we are going to get another Mother character (I doubt), I'd prefer Claus as a Darth Vader Dracula clone, nothing would make me happier.
I'd like also either Porky or Gygas. Porky with a Dr. Octopus style and Gygas as some kind of better Mewtwo.
But It's never happening.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Donkey Kong Country, Metroid and Golden Sun first please.
Wow Diddy, I'm impressed that you mentioned Golden Sun. That's what we need!

Wait, what?

EVENT MATCH CONFIRMED

...with Ike as Special Guest Referee :troll:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Ninten is not Ness's father.
And if we are going to get another Mother character (I doubt), I'd prefer Claus as a Darth Vader Dracula clone, nothing would make me happier.
I'd like also either Porky or Gygas. Porky with a Dr. Octopus style and Gygas as some kind of better Mewtwo.
But It's never happening.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Thanks for clearing that up.
No Problem.
Actually it's impossible since the events of Mother occur at least only three years before Earthbound. Yeah, it a common theory, some people also says Lloyd is Dr. Adounts, Ana is Ness's mother and Flint is Ness but Nintendo never confirmed, Itoi likes to make us dream. But chronologically it's impossible.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Also I feel Robin should be in instead of Chrom yes Chrom is in that leak that's got 8/11 of them right so far but I would still want to see robin in more because unless they do something big he's gonna feel like marth and Ike I just want someone else like Robin who's a jack of all trades in over three pure sword fighters

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I would just like to see the other content that makes up Fire Emblem other than swords. Magic, arrows, axes, javelins. Stuff like that, but I'd really like to see a magic user. Also, with the amount of customization and costumes characters are getting, I think Robin would fit that ticket the best, but Chrom would sort of be the ideal Awakening choice with his Lord status. Heck, I support Anna, Lucina, Lyn, and The Black Knight as well.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I would just like to see the other content that makes up Fire Emblem other than swords. Magic, arrows, axes, javelins. Stuff like that, but I'd really like to see a magic user. Also, with the amount of customization and costumes characters are getting, I think Robin would fit that ticket the best, but Chrom would sort of be the ideal Awakening choice with his Lord status. Heck, I support Anna, Lucina, Lyn, and The Black Knight as well.
I think Robin has the best shot atm because all Chrom has going for him is he's a lord and the leak besides for those Robin just makes way more sense then chrom Anna is mosty a sword fighter too so while I'd prefer her over chrom because she is at least not another blue haired male lord but my vote is still Robin

But then again sakuria could just say screw you I'm adding chrom and I would be sad

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I know because of the leak he is more likely but still three blue haired swordfighters from one game is to much as a fan of FE it makes me mad they are not giving more to the games besides for the lords

TheUnsullied

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I would rather have Lucina but I have no problems with Chrom or Robin. Robin can be really interesting and there is a possibility of having multiple skins which would be really cool.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Robin and Chrom debate (sort of) over here, I see.

And I'm just back here wanting Roy and Lucina. :awesome:
You know me. I'll always be cheering for Roy on the sidelines.

Well, there's a bunch of other FE characters I'd love to see, but I don't think they have much of a chance. I just want more info on SMT x FE. T_T

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I know alot of people don't like Chrom, but it does kind of upset me when people say that Chrom would be a boring character. I'm not saying this because of being a Chrom fan, I'm saying this because every time we say this about a character, they end up being done in ways we never saw coming. We expected Miis, we never expected them having three set styles. We expected Pac-Man, NOBODY thought he'd be a walking homage to Namco's history as a videogame company. We might get Chrom, who's to say Sakurai can't do something infinitely unique with him? Maybe cycling between different party members for specials? Tag-Teaming for some attacks? A special blade? Who knows, but considering this is Sakurai we're talking about, I guarantee you it'll be done well. Also, while the only thing he has going for him is the leak...that leak is 8 for 8 at the moment and shows signs of being on its way to 9 for 9 with the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run...I don't think that what Gematsu leaked is all we're getting, but I feel at this point that the definite points are most likely going to happen.

Edit: If I had a choice at a Fire Emblem newcomer, I'd choose Tiki...been in more Fire Emblem games than even Marth. :p

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
C'mon, you gotta have a preference!
Well, I've always wanted the Archer.
But no one else seems to care (it's always about them multi-colored-haired time traveling cloned weapon-wielding magic-wielding fan-servicy "relavent" popular flame war-making Lord/knight/villain/spoiler/merchant/veteran).

So, I just went with the neutral route.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'm still rooting for the Paper version of Nintendo's mascot. Or at least some more content from those amazing games.
Well, I've always wanted the Archer.
But no one else seems to care (it's always about them multi-colored-haired time traveling cloned weapon-wielding magic-wielding fan-servicy "relavent" popular flame war-making Lord/knight/villain/spoiler/merchant/veteran).

So, I just went with the neutral route.
Well, an archer would sure be a unique addition. I could see some cool movesets coming from one.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, Chrom just has the leak going for him.

No biggie.
If all he has going for him is one leak, I would assert that he is not entirely likely based on the evidence. Other characters have evidence in their favor without having to resort to a leak. Since when was a leak objective evidence anyways?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I know alot of people don't like Chrom, but it does kind of upset me when people say that Chrom would be a boring character. I'm not saying this because of being a Chrom fan, I'm saying this because every time we say this about a character, they end up being done in ways we never saw coming. We expected Miis, we never expected them having three set styles. We expected Pac-Man, NOBODY thought he'd be a walking homage to Namco's history as a videogame company.
I did.

Its why I put him on my roster.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I thought Pac-Man's moveset would mostly revolve around the Pac-Man World series and the classic arcade game.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Literally the only thing character left I want is robin and shulk as long as one of them two are in I'm a happy camper

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
We're talking about Robin again? Call me back when we have a character who has a much better shot than him

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why there's any dispute over which character we'll get from Fire Emblem Awakening, Chrom is the most obvious choice. I know that you kind of have to expect the unexpected when it comes to Sakurai, but when has the Fire Emblem character that represents a game in the series NOT been the main lord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom