• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Pokemon that SHOULD be a boss?

The moment I saw Giratina in Greninja's trailer, I was praying for a Distortion World stage where you can battle this guy, it would be just perfect...but nah, he's just a pokeball pokemon who launches dragon pulse at you...not even origin forme either. :glare:
Maybe orgin forme is the boss? Incredibly unlikely, but an incredibly awesome thought.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

The moment I saw Giratina in Greninja's trailer, I was praying for a Distortion World stage where you can battle this guy, it would be just perfect...but nah, he's just a pokeball pokemon who launches dragon pulse at you...not even origin forme either. :glare:
You know, the fact that the Giratina that comes out of a Pokeball is regular Giratina means that Origin forme could still possibly be a boss in Smash Run. Not the likeliest thing, but it's within the realm of possibility.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Bonkers_Smash_Run.png

This is one of the Smash run bosses, also
descarga (1).jpg

There are Mini Kraids in Super Metroid, so maybe that could be the Kraid Boss.

D

Deleted member

You want a "retro" character?
:falcon:

I kid, I kid
Nah, you're on the right track. :troll:

So you are arguing classic style of Pac-Man and Megaman? OK then.. but I'm still not completely understanding, because even if they are treated in that style, they are still "special guests", they have a different criteria from Nintendo characters.
So....more fan-based criteria? They have to be Nintendo?
And what I mean by style is that both Mega Man and Pac-Man are the way they move, the way they fight, the fact they only make 8-bit sounds, etc.
In contrast, Sonic may have simplified moves based off of the Classic era (aside from Homing Attack) and borrows most of his standard attacks from Sonic the Fighters, but he doesn't have that same style that both Mega Man and Pac-Man exert.
View attachment 17383
This is one of the Smash run bosses, also
View attachment 17384
Smash Run has bosses?
.....I hope they're of the "mini-boss" variety like Bonkers, otherwise....
Kritters = K. Rool

Last edited by a moderator:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
G'Afternoon, after hearing someone talk about wanting Splatoon in Smash Bros 4 (Which I think would be a fantastic idea as their movesets are basically already laid out for the) I decided to go ahead and draw this:

View attachment 17379
Unlike the likes of Roy, this is an idea I'd be more than willing to see. :p
Nice drawing.

I was actually thinking about a moveset for a Splatoon character, and if it becomes a recurring series (which may be based on its success or failure in the future) then a character in smash would be cool.

I remember all the possible movesets for Bowser Jr , and one thing that comes up a lot is the paint brush can paint effects on the ground that do a variety of things. A Splatoon character could adopt some features (maybe better performance when on your own ink, slowing others down, there could be a crawl feature where you can quickly travel on your own ink, variety of weapons, etc.) If they become playable, could be an interesting character that relies heavy on status effects and/or damage over time.

Also, Happy Canada day! :)

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
View attachment 17384
This is true, but honestly, I'd like to see the big Kraid. I could see the player entering a door and ended up in something like this:

Kraid's weak spot is his eyes and after a couple of hits many hits, he explodes with a tremendous amount of power-ups for the player. Upon defeating Kraid, a door appears and leads back to the Smash Run arena.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Forgive me for finding the notion of massive gargantuan Kraid "exploding after a couple of hits" laughable.

Me thinks it's Mini-Kraid we're getting.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Forgive me for finding the notion of massive gargantuan Kraid "exploding after a couple of hits" laughable.
Sorry, I didn't mean a couple. That was bad wording on my end.
My vote goes to Rayquaza. Then Giratina, then Mewtwo ONLY IF they do not plan to include him in the intitial roster or as DLC. And maybe not even then, because plans could change. But I guess they could always prevent him from appearing if someone selects Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No Mewtwo boss. No console or handheld would be able to live after the rage of my reaction to that.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
No Mewtwo boss. No console or handheld would be able to live after the rage of my reaction to that.
I think Mewtwo would make a great boss if he's not planned to be playable. I'd rather see him doing something other than being a trophy like in Brawl. Say plans change and they want to add him as DLC, they could always prevent him from appearing in Smash Run when someone selects him. He deserves more than being a trophy if he's not included in the roster.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
@Cobalsh Can I join this discussion omgomgomgomg sempai-pleeeeeease?

I think Mewtwo would make a great boss if he's not planned to be playable. I'd rather see him doing something other than being a trophy like in Brawl. Say plans change and they want to add him as DLC, they could always prevent him from appearing in Smash Run when someone selects him. He deserves more than being a trophy if he's not included in the roster.
I agree with you, he'd make a fine boss. The size of the Smash Run bosses isn't unreasonable for a character his size either.

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'd say the same thing as you all...but I know that will never happen, so there's absolutely no point to even bother saying it. :p

Mewtwo? A Boss? You have a better chance at having Goku playable. :p

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TehsUGLsQv8 Look at minute 1:25

Judging by how Bonkers acts in that video, Smash Run bosses are going to be more like random events.
If you played city trial in Kirby's air ride then you'll probably remember the different events that happened during it, such as the Dyna Blade appearing, meteors falling, etc.

This Smash run bosses seem to be of that same kind, they spawn somewhere in the map and if you beat them you probably get a lot of power ups, but they don't seem to act like mini-bosses, but rather more powerful regular enemies, i say this because in a Kirby game when you encountered a Bonkers, you were caged in a scenario until you defeated it, however in this video the player can choose to ignore Bonkers and he just continues to walk normally when he is not attacking.

By this logic, having Mini Kraids and Krusha/Klubba/big Kremlings as those kind of enemies would make sense, so i don't think it affects K. Rool's chances.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
the one problem is he will be playable
Well he's yet to be confirmed, so until then, I'm going to discuss how I'd like to see him represented. However, I hope he's playable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TehsUGLsQv8 Look at minute 1:25

Judging by how Bonkers acts in that video, Smash Run bosses are going to be more like random events.
If you played city trial in Kirby's air ride then you'll probably remember the different events that happened during it, such as the Dyna Blade appearing, meteors falling, etc.

This Smash run bosses seem to be of that same kind, they spawn somewhere in the map and if you beat them you probably get a lot of power ups, but they don't seem to act like mini-bosses, but rather more powerful regular enemies, i say this because in a Kirby game when you encountered a Bonkers, you were caged in a scenario until you defeated it, however in this video the player can choose to ignore Bonkers and he just continues to walk normally when he is not attacking.

By this logic, having Mini Kraids and Krusha/Klubba/big Kremlings as those kind of enemies would make sense, so i don't think it affects K. Rool's chances.
Hopefully this is the case. There's a big difference between the importance of Bonkers in Kirby than the importance of K. Rool in Donkey Kong.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Klubba as big Kremling please.

But seeing how the Kremlings seem to be based on Jungle Climber, it could be a Kremling mounting a gaint robot.

Hope that Kraid infact will be Mini-Kraid. Don't wanna see K.Rool end up as a Smash Run boss.

Also, where is this "Kraid & Big Kremling bosses in Smash Run" info coming from?

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

This may not be perfect, but I'll try to explain as well as I can for all of the characters on here that haven't been revealed yet
Veterans:
Wario, it doesn't seem right to leave him out of smash bros and he was decently popular in brawl
Ganondorf, I think Ganondorf will stay in, but he will keep the same, or at least a similar moveset, so sadly, he is still a falcon clone
Jiggs, it's one of the original 12 so it deserves a spot, and let's hope it is as good as it was in melee cause it's awful in brawl!
Meta: Of course they'll leave him in, just try to tone him down a bit this time Hal
Ness, once again, he was in the original game, so it makes sense to leave him in
Lucas, Lucas seems sort of in Limbo right now, if you asked me before the Ike reveal, I would have definitely said no way, he's getting cut, but I would have said the same for Ike, and he got back in (Also Ike was my main so I rejoiced after I heard that) so Lucas doesn't seem out of the question anymore, but I would say the chances are 70% yes and 30% no
Falco, you may as well call this Falco/Wolf, but not both of them. I feel that one of them will get cut and the way I see it Falco is a much more popular character than wolf but who knows, wolf may make a return
G&W, Ever since the teaser in the PacMan trailer, it's a near guarantee
Captain Falcon, Now if Captian Falcon gets cut, the Wii U will die, DIE, nobody will buy the game if Falcon gets cut and there will be petitions all over the Internet, Riots outside of Nintendo's HQ, and other awful things if falcon gets removed, besides, if you need more reasonable evidence, he is part of the N64 12 so I guess that makes him an obvious pick
That wraps up the veterans now it's time for the newcomers
Dixie Kong, in all honesty, I would rather see K Rool get in, but he has been ignored for quite a while by retro, and Dixie recently came back for the new DKC game, so I think Dixie will get in, and no, she won't be a Diddy clone
Shulk, ever since Xenoblade Chronicles was released and became a hugely popular game globally, Shulk almost seems like a shoe in for SSB4, and with Xenoblade Chronicles X coming out in 2015, this would be a good way to make the Xenoblade series even more well known, so I think he'll get in
Lucina, everyone and their mother is worshiping the gematsu leak as if it is the new helix fossil and saying it is confirmed true, and before nintendo's e3 event, I would say I was one of those people, however when Reggie was talking about Amibos (The NFC figures) there was a screenshot of a lot of Nintendo characters that would show how many Amibos there would be, and one of those characters was NOT Chrom, instead one of those was Lucina from fire emblem, and all of the other characters, at least to my knowledge, were announced for ssb4 except for Lucina and G&W (Which gives more evidence for G&W) so who knows, maybe I'm overreacting, but I think that Lucina is more likely than Chrom
Isaac, Isaac, to me, seems like a character that fits smash very well, he was already in brawl, but only was an assist trophy, but little mac was also an assist trophy and he became a character, also the first golden sun GBA game was released on wii u virtual console so the series probably grew in popularity when that happened, and there is one more GBA golden sun game so I think that putting him in smash would be a good way to promote releasing the second GBA game on Wii U
Chorus Kids, in all honesty, out of all of the characters on this roster I made, the chorus kids are the ones I think are the least likely to get into the game, the only reason I put them on is the gematsu leak but even I have doubts on that
Captain Rainbow, If I remeber correctly one time Sakurai said that Wii Fit Trainer wouldn't be either the unexpected character in the roster, or the joke character, but either way, I think that sakurai, and the mad man that he is, would do something like this, seeing that we have seen characters like Ness in 64, Game and watch and the fire emblem characters in Melee, Pit and Rob in brawl, these were all characters we never would have expected to see, and their appearance in smash boosted global popularity and in some situations moved those franchises over seas, so I think that if Sakurai put him in, it would be a good way to boost global interest in his games
Rayman, to be honest, back when Rayman legends came out, he seemed like the perfect character for smash, but now he seems kind of less likely, I think that if Rayman Legends stayed as a Wii U exclusive title, then he would easily be in, but now it seems like he has a 50/50 chance and honestly the only reason I put him in is because I needed to fill up one more empty slot in the roster
So that is my list, feel free to tear it to shreds if you really want to!
replace captain rainbow with mewtwo and dixe kong with kkr

Morbi

Scavenger
Mewtwo as a boss would not seem entirely fitting given the notion that he is a veteran. Regardless, if I am to humor this extremely unlikely sentiment, I suppose it would be likely that he would be a boss on the 3DS exclusive mode; however, at the same time that would certainly be a waste of his prominence. He should be on both versions, so I prefer a stage boss. Cerulean Cave (or whatever cave he is in during X and Y) stage confirmed?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Klubba as big Kremling please.

But seeing how the Kremlings seem to be based on Jungle Climber, it could be a Kremling mounting a gaint robot.

Hope that Kraid infact will be Mini-Kraid. Don't wanna see K.Rool end up as a Smash Run boss.

Also, where is this "Kraid & Big Kremling bosses in Smash Run" info coming from?
around 23:30

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I can agree with Morbid. There is no doubt in my mind that Mewtwo would work as a boss (Sakurai can make it possible); however, the veteran status he holds will keep him from that. It'll either be Mewtwo in as playable or he'll be a trophy like in Brawl again.

As for Smash Run, I don't think it affects K. Rool's chances much.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
for mewtwo I might be the odd one out and get hate for this but I neve rliked him much in melee or project m he does not feel like a glass canon I alway imagine him being in the pokemon games I mean he played a powerful air game if you got good with him but I never imagine him as that so if he stays like he did and project m and melee I do not want him back now if they changed him up more to show his glass canon powers like he is in the pokemon games I'd be up for it then

UltimateWario

Smash Master
for mewtwo I might be the odd one out and get hate for this but I neve rliked him much in melee or project m he does not feel like a glass canon I alway imagine him being in the pokemon games I mean he played a powerful air game if you got good with him but I never imagine him as that so if he stays like he did and project m and melee I do not want him back now if they changed him up more to show his glass canon powers like he is in the pokemon games I'd be up for it then
Mewtwo's not really a glass cannon in the games, though. His defenses aren't the best, but they're still pretty good.

A character "not playing the way you imagined them" isn't really a reason for them to not return. I mean, if it were, I guess Wario's not coming back either. :p

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Honestly in Melee I just felt like he was a bit slow. That speed does not suggest 130 base speed; he was slower then than Pikachu (90 base speed!) though then again while typing this I realize that is probably the case because balance. But I still mained him anyway because reasons.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Mewtwo's not really a glass cannon in the games, though. His defenses aren't the best, but they're still pretty good.

A character "not playing the way you imagined them" isn't really a reason for them to not return. I mean, if it were, I guess Wario's not coming back either. :p
don't get me wrong although I personally do not like him as he is I can agree he is very well know and is a good choice for pokemon it is just if he does return I would want him to be more close to how he is in the pokemon games using long rang special attacks and being more of a glass canon then a floaty air combo attacker like he has been

D

Deleted member

Are we actually talking about the accuracy of the pokemon to the actual pokemon games? If that were true, each would only have four moves, flamethrower would one shot ivysaur, and rest wouldn't cause explosion, but rather fully heal Jigglypuff and last a lot longer. For the case of Smash, as long as move sets are roughly based on their learnable moves, I don't really mind.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Honestly in Melee I just felt like he was a bit slow. That speed does not suggest 130 base speed; he was slower then than Pikachu (90 base speed!) though then again while typing this I realize that is probably the case because balance. But I still mained him anyway because reasons.
Yeah, using base stats to determine Smash playstyles and balance isn't really a good idea, especially not when we have such big gaps as one between Jigglypuff and Mewtwo.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I think Charizard was just about right in terms of playstyle and his stats. He was the fastest Pokémon(maybe tied with Pikachu) but his attacks were somewhat slow and still very powerful. I just wished he had something other than Rock Smash as I find it very odd. I do like using the attack though. Also, I wished he could jump a bit higher to utilize his Dragon Flying Typing. I just hope Charizard gains some decent buffs to make him more viable. After all, he is my favorite character in Super Smash.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
like I said he just did not feel like I would imagine a pokemon who is consider one of the strongest out their I would imagine he being a fast pokemon that hits hard sort of like capt falcon so I would not want him in as of now I would not mind him if they changed him up a little or if he was a boss although I would imagine that would cause a **** storm among the mewtwo players

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want Project M Mewtwo with more weight.

Dem ****ing lagless Teleports. I just wanna do this all day with Mewtwo and **** people up.

Also, Side B should be an awesome, cruel-looking, high-damaging, high-knock command-grab psychic attack.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
They would have to change Mewtwo up, since he sucks in Melee.

Simply buffing some of his attacks would do the trick (Project M) however I would like new moves (and I find it likely).

Incorporating Psystrike into his moveset somehow is very necessary. Maybe some Psystrike-inspired Smash attacks, added on effects to some of his aerials, even making Psystrike a special move would work.

Tail attacks may have to be taken out to account for a Mega Mewtwo Y (or X) Final Smash. That being said I was never a fan of Mewtwo using his tail as a weapon.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
They would have to change Mewtwo up, since he sucks in Melee.

Simply buffing some of his attacks would do the trick (Project M) however I would like new moves (and I find it likely).

Incorporating Psystrike into his moveset somehow is very necessary. Maybe some Psystrike-inspired Smash attacks, added on effects to some of his aerials, even making Psystrike a special move would work.

Tail attacks may have to be taken out to account for a Mega Mewtwo Y (or X) Final Smash. That being said I was never a fan of Mewtwo using his tail as a weapon.
yeah that's what I was getting at but people thought I would not want him in at all I liked how they added him I thought it was so cool playing as mewtwo but once you got passed that he really was not to great and I thought that was awful being a huge pokemon fan I am knowing how powerful he really is.

my point is as he was in melee I would not want him in it's not that I do not want him in at all but like Ganon (who has been one of my mains since melee) they should try to make mewtwo feel more like he is portrayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom