• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want Wrestler. Posing to da fans!!

Also, it's either Impa or no Zelda newcomer. People should understand.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'm going to say that if the Direct lands on the 6th, we'll get Chorus Kids over Ridley.

Not that Ridley won't make it, it's just that Chorus Kids are more likely to be starter, and Ridley secret.
I disagree.

A lot of the revealed newcomers have had some kind of foreshadowing.

I don't claim to know what goes on in the mind of Sakurai, but it'd be odd to have no payoff whatsoever after a full year of teasing.

The only other way this can go is if Pyrosphere is unlockable, but Sakurai knows that inquiring minds will turn to Japan for the final roster. And what kind of announcement would that be? Secondary word of mouth from a country that cares little for Metroid?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I disagree.

A lot of the revealed newcomers have had some kind of foreshadowing.

I don't claim to know what goes on in the mind of Sakurai, but it'd be odd to have no payoff whatsoever after a full year of teasing.

The only other way this can go is if Pyrosphere is unlockable, but Sakurai knows that inquiring minds will turn to Japan for the final roster. And what kind of announcement would that be? Secondary word of mouth from a country that cares little for Metroid?
I really do think you're overstating how important Ridley is to this game. He's not even the most wanted character. That would be Mewtwo and then K.Rool.

Granted, the methods of talking about Ridley have been weird. But I would (as usual) advise to not treat it as Sakurai is constantly keeping the Ridley fan base in mind with every decision he makes. Thinking like that is a baaaaaad idea in my opinion.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
People still use anniversaries to predict stuff even after countless examples of them meant nothing?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Warning Received
I really do think you're overstating how important Ridley is to this game. He's not even the most wanted character. That would be Mewtwo and then K.Rool.

Granted, the methods of talking about Ridley have been weird. But I would (as usual) advise to not treat it as Sakurai is constantly keeping the Ridley fan base in mind with every decision he makes. Thinking like that is a baaaaaad idea in my opinion.
Ridley is like, the oversized autist kid that always demands all attention upon him. The one you treat with 'special' attention.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I honestly don't think that Sakurai is "teasing" Ridley fans.
Or at least maybe he's letting them down easy by implying that Ridley is a boss.

Now people look at this as "teasing" for some reason. It's only teasing because everyone is looking so deep into it. Sakurai obviously implied that Ridley was a boss in Pyrosphere. Many fans have considered this "teasing" and looked really deep into it for hidden meanings (maybe it's a playable Ridley, Ridley was never mentioned by name, etc.). I'm starting to think that Sakurai meant exactly as he implied, sadly.

It COULD be more than meets the eye, but I don't think it's teasing on Sakurai's part, honestly. Labeling it as such is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Ridley could be in the game, but Sakurai is doing little to flaunt it in our faces.
I think that the "hyping up a boss" argument is stupid. But I'm really not sure what's going on with Ridley.

We'll just have to wait it out. But just remember that Sakurai isn't getting anyone's hopes up or discouraging them with Ridley.
At least not intentionally.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

I don't really think he turns every pic of the day into some sort of foreshadowing for everyone's favorite Space Dragon. I believe he stopped doing that in the April Direct, as there was no more need to tease him under pretense of a boss any longer.

But if he was playable, one would think there would be some kind of announcement, simultaneously to bring a newcomer, and to explain to us what the hell Pyrosphere actually does. Because it's a rather prevalent pic-of-the-day stage, and we have no concrete proof of anything that separates Pyrosphere from Battlefield.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You should understand that there are other zelda characters that stands more of a chance than her
And I should understand this.. Cause?

Vaati is so likely? Cause Minish Cap got re-released? The only role he's had outside of Four Swords.
Ghirahim? The one-off villain who's support waned when Skyward Sword wasn't recent anymore?
Ganon? Who's going to be Ganondorf's Final Smash for 99.9998% certainity?
Toon Zelda? Or Tetra? Cause having two separate entities of Zelda playable already isn't overkill?

Who is left out of all major contenders?

Exactly!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Zelda needs Tingle. Tingle is the best character ever, and everyone wants to play as Tingle because he's...

I can't do this...

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
And I should understand this.. Cause?

Vaati is so likely? Cause Minish Cap got re-released? The only role he's had outside of Four Swords.
Ghirahim? The one-off villain who's support waned when Skyward Sword wasn't recent anymore?
Ganon? Who's going to be Ganondorf's Final Smash for 99.9998% certainity?
Toon Zelda? Or Tetra? Cause having two separate entities of Zelda playable already isn't overkill?

Who is left out of all major contenders?

Exactly!

You laugh at the idea of Ghirahim getting over Impa but yet you consider that Anthony, a one off, deserves to be more than the series main antagonist
Ganon? You are saying that Ganondorf will kept his final smash despite knowing nothing about him so far? Some characters had gotten a new FS smash, Ganondorf could easily get other one easily, especially if he gets revamped, Are you Sakurai to start saying who gets a new FS and who doesn't?
Impa destiny is to live in Sheik's shadow, because Sheik isn't gonna get cut anytime soon
Also Impa being in hyrule warriors doesn't help any of her chances at all, Why? Because there will be a lot of characters in the game

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Zelda needs Tingle. Tingle is the best character ever, and everyone wants to play as Tingle because he's...

I can't do this...
In all honesty Tingle is the best choice.

And he's an assist trophy, so we'll have to wait until next time.

He'd be a terrific joke character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Too bad Sakurai made him an AT. Twice. And a stage "obstacle" once. He's too much of a joke even to be a joke character. :smirk:
You laugh at the idea of Ghirahim getting over Impa but yet you consider that Anthony, a one off, deserves to be more than the series main antagonist
Ganon? You are saying that Ganondorf will kept his final smash despite knowing nothing about him so far? Some characters had gotten a new FS smash, Ganondorf could easily get other one easily, especially if he gets revamped, Are you Sakurai to start saying who gets a new FS and who doesn't?
Impa destiny is to live in Sheik's shadow, because Sheik isn't gonna get cut anytime soon
Also Impa being in hyrule warriors doesn't help any of her chances at all, Why? Because there will be a lot of characters in the game
Have never said Anthony Higgs is more deserving. He's not. He was just a lot more likely than Ridley, till Gunner Mii showed up.

Ganondorf having Ganon as Final Smash is just 100% logical. There's no reason NOT to do it. Also, Link and Zelda having TP designs means boar Ganon again most likely.

Impa's destiny is in Sheik's shadows? :laugh: Tell me again who was revived as a character in Skyward Sword, and was the first announced playable character in Hyrule Warriors? Impa has been in a **** load of games. She might not be replacing Sheik in Smash Bros., -YET- but she has replaced Sheik in the Zelda series a looooooong time ago.

Just like how all these other one-off villains have long overshadowed Ghirahim and Vaati.

Impa is easily the biggest namesake in Zelda left outside of Ganon. And Ganon is extremely likely to keep Ganon as a Final Smash. If you cannot see the logic in this, please don't argue with me. Also: 2 Links, 2 Zeldas and 2 Ganons are gonna be the Zelda roster? That's highly cringe-worthy.

FUNNY how you mentoined Anthony Higgs as a one-off in the sentance right after you ask me why I don't find Ghirahim anything remotely likely. :laugh:

Impa or bust.
Zelda doesn't need anyone else.

It's fine the way it is.
Nope it's not. No legit newcomer since Melee. It has needed it's new character as much as Mario did this time around.

Impa is a whole lot likelier than people would like to admit.

THEN AGAIN! It has been ME who has been advocating for her. And knowing I'm the biggest ******** the forum has, with no credibility at all, people shouldn't take anything what I say seriously because **** me.

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Tingle is just the map seller of the zelda franchise, he is as important as the guy that sell you things in his ballon, What was his name again?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Tingle is just the map seller of the zelda franchise, he is as important as the guy that sell you things in his ballon, What was his name again?
Tingle has his own spin-off series, a sizable Japanese fanbase, and is one of the most recurring Zelda characters in the series.

He's pretty important if you ask me.

D

Deleted member

Let's play a game:

Take the remaining revealed veterans (minus Sonic) and imagine new trailers (without the in-game sequences) for the next potential newcomers with them.

Go !

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Tingle has his own spin-off series, a sizable Japanese fanbase, and is one of the most recurring Zelda characters in the series.

He's pretty important if you ask me.
Tingle has only appeared in 2 games if I recall, 3 if you count his cameo in skyward sword, even Ghirahim is more popular than Tingle in Japan, also Tingle never plays any important role in any of the games he is in, he is just the guy that sells maps, not by saying that tingle is hated in America, the guy would be a terrible choice
Pig Ganon would be a better choice

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Tingle has only appeared in 2 games if I recall, 3 if you count his cameo in skyward sword, even Ghirahim is more popular than Tingle in Japan, also Tingle never plays any important role in any of the games he is in, he is just the guy that sells maps, not by saying that tingle is hated in America, the guy would be a terrible choice
But don't you remember?
image.jpg

Plus Zelda doesn't have many recurring characters, making Tingle, by definition, one of the most recurring.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
But don't you remember?

Plus Zelda doesn't have many recurring characters, making Tingle, by definition, one of the most recurring.
I know of the spin off, (the second one was a failure anyway), this is a list of recurring zelda characters
-Impa
-Tetra
-Pig Ganon (the best choice)
-The shop guy
Also, now that Tingle is an AT then Ganon is the best choice, he would represent the A link to the past timeline, which isn't represented

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I know of the spin off, (the second one was a failure anyway), this is a list of recurring zelda characters
-Impa
-Tetra
-Pig Ganon (the best choice)
-The shop guy
Also, now that Tingle is an AT then Ganon is the best choice, he would represent the A link to the past timeline, which isn't represented
And Vaati.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The idea of having 2 versions of 3 playable characters each of the Zelda franchise is really a bad idea.

Vaati isn't likely at all. He has no actual villain role outside of Minish Cap. Yes, Four Swords. But since when do people give a flying **** about Four Swords?

I'd look more at the characters who are making it into the bigger console titles. Aka: Skyward Sword, Hyrule Warriors...

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
The idea of having 2 versions of 3 playable characters each of the Zelda franchise is really a bad idea.

Vaati isn't likely at all. He has no actual villain role outside of Minish Cap. Yes, Four Swords. But since when do people give a flying **** about Four Swords?

I'd look more at the characters who are making it into the bigger console titles. Aka: Skyward Sword, Hyrule Warriors...
We already have Tink and Sheik, Ganon would be unique and therefore, people wouldn't care about him at all, Hyrule Warriors is an spin off and if you consider Skyward sword, then ghirahim would get over Impa, anyway

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Meanwhile I'm here still wating for the Good Captain. :falconmelee:
He was likely denied the starter slot yet again unless Ness shows up as a starter... :ohwell:
But rest assured, we'll see him... Eventually...

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Meanwhile I'm here still wating for the Good Captain. :falconmelee:
Falcon will be in, he's just a secret character I think. Sakurai did mention he wouldn't normally reveal Luigi before release (But he did cause year of Luigi), and the same goes for 3rd party characters. he won't be revealed but it would be stupid for him to be cut, even Nintendo has acknowledged the Falcon Pawnch. If he was, it'd be Mewtwo all over again, in fact it'd be even more Mewtwoey than if Snake is cut.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'll make a list of characters basically confirmed, since we're talking about Captain Falcon.

Ness and/or Lucas: Mr. Saturn and Franklin Badge make a return.
Captain Falcon: Samurai Goroh returns as an assist trophy. Falcon Punch was mentioned by Sakurai in an interview.
Ice Climbers: Polar Bear appears as an enemy in Smash Run. Mentioned by Sakurai in an interview.
Mr. Game & Watch: He makes an appearance at the end of Pac-Man's trailer.
Wario: Ashley and Waluigi make appearances as assist trophies (with the W emblem even).
Meta Knight: Halberd returns.
Shulk: Sal Leak.
Chrom: See Shulk.
Chorus Kids/Marshal: See Chrom. Also a Rhythm Heaven enemy makes an appearance on Smash Run.

These characters will probably be revealed before release IMO.
If you don't believe Sal just ignore the last three.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom