• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good morning all and WE HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM.

Remember this video? Look at the thumbs section, in less than 24 hours, they more than quadrupled the total amount of thumb downs and are literally ruining the reputation of my video.The comment section also got an overall increased flow in comments including "Stupid" and "***". Please, there isn't any time for Valentines Day Depression when I have to wake up to THIS. Please guys, help me get the thumbs back in the green. :c

I already posted this is in the Ridley thread, but I thought you guys should see this too. I'm quite startled that it was taken this far..

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
@ Hotfeet444 Hotfeet444
Done.
Oh, by the way, I found this gem in one of your videos. :grin:

robin van hensberg
Its 1. Fake 2 Fake! 3. FAKE!!
Read moreShow less

FeliciaFan444

They're custom made examples you ****.
Well it is common knowledge (or at least supposed to be) that when something is made specifically for an example, it's custom made, not "Fake". And yeah, he really was a ****.

Also my God, so many people are becoming Moderators now...outstanding. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Stupid people being stupid, nothing more.

Anyway, each of the newcomers seem to stand out from the veterans. Mega Man with his many projectile moves, Little Mac with his power bar and insta-kill and Rosalina being able to command the Luma from far away.

Really looking forward to trying out those characters!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Anyway, each of the newcomers seem to stand out from the veterans. Mega Man with his many projectile moves, Little Mac with his power bar and insta-kill and Rosalina being able to command the Luma from far away.
This is why I have lost some hope in characters like Dixie Kong or Black Shadow.
I've always viewed those two as automatic semi-clones, I don't know about everyone else. That being said I cant see Sakurai adding any more clones this time around, given the uniqueness of every newcomer shown thus far.
Which also gives me more hope in K. Rool, since he is the most unique DK option.

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Yes, but Mother 3 was intended to be released on the SNES and the 64, and Sakurai wanted to include him since Melee, but could not.
So he is an exception. And Mr. Game & Watch is a retro character, and he represents an entire console rather than a game.

Except for Lucas, Handheld characters don't get in.
Ah, but you do realize that this installment of Smash is reaching a handheld platform, right? I think we would have more of a chance of seeing handheld series characters included, because of this factor.

I'm not Sakurai, but if I were in charge of selection for this game, I would want to bring in at least 1-2 handheld characters, that could rep popular series that were only playable on those systems. I think it would be a nice homage to under-rated series' like Golden Sun, or even Dillon's Rolling Western!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
"I'm happy to see Lil Mac in Smash Bros.,but why do I get the feeling that he's going to replace Captain Falcon?"
A comment I found on YouTube. I was worried about this happening, people think that Falcon will be cut.
How does one even become a moderator in the first place?
Well first you have to be a Back Roomer, I think. I suppose you just have to show phenomenal posting skills that add to the discussion at hand or start brand new ones.

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well first you have to be a Back Roomer, I think. I suppose you just have to show phenomenal posting skills that add to the discussion at hand or start brand new ones.
Huh...I see...well, there goes my chances. :p

Still an hour before class starts and I'm already at a loss of things to do...Pokemon Y it is. :p

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Huh...I see...well, there goes my chances. :p

Still an hour before class starts and I'm already at a loss of things to do...Pokemon Y it is. :p
Well, the Back Room is adding new members EVENTUALLY...
Hopefully we both make it.

And may I recommend watching Mac's trailer over and over again? That's a good time passer.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, the Back Room is adding new members EVENTUALLY...
Hopefully we both make it.

And may I recommend watching Mac's trailer over and over again? That's a good time passer.
I've watched it 13 times today, it's just so damn addicting. And not only is is just fun to watch, but the fact that we finally have such a classic character that's more American based gives me hope for other characters, including our Purple Xenomorph Pterosaur friend.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright, so.. Topic, topic, topic...
How do you think Dixie's chances fare after not being revealed yesterday?
I personally think they decreased slightly.

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
So... more important previous assist trophies will be playable? The most likely choice should be...
:awesome:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I never really cared for Dixie, so I'm not overly interested in whether she makes it or not. King K.Rool however, that's a whole other story. However, I cannot deny that said Direct was the perfect time to show off Dixie, as Tropical Freeze releases next week and it'd work beautifully. However, it seems as if I'm not the only one who thinks recency is enough to put someone in the game...seems Sakurai may think that as well.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
From my perspective, Mac's reveal really did hurt Dixie's chances. They had an absolutely ideal chance to reveal her to coincide with Tropical Freeze AND Valentines Day (which would have worked out even better if Dixie was part of a tag team with Diddy), and they didn't take it. All that day I was thinking that there was no way that the timing of the Direct was coincidence, and then it was. I don't think they would miss such a golden opportunity like that to show her off, unless or course she's not in the game. That's just how I see it though.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Being featured in a picture doesn't necessarily disconfirm someone.
For the record, it may even be a hint at their inclusion.
Now I don't expect Isabelle, but her chances aren't dead.
Her chances are dead. Shot. Nonexistant. Toad has better chances.
Anyway, now that everyone is pissed at me, roster!
Green Roster.png

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Little Mac is the second character to have been upgraded from supporting character to playable character. The first one was Charizard.

Who could possibly make this jump as well?

And Isabelle is definitely not gonna happen... Come on, let's be real.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
From my perspective, Mac's reveal really did hurt Dixie's chances. They had an absolutely ideal chance to reveal her to coincide with Tropical Freeze AND Valentines Day (which would have worked out even better if Dixie was part of a tag team with Diddy), and they didn't take it. All that day I was thinking that there was no way that the timing of the Direct was coincidence, and then it was. I don't think they would miss such a golden opportunity like that to show her off, unless or course she's not in the game. That's just how I see it though.
I also feel that this helps K. Rool, given that Dixie and Cranky were his only competition and that yesterday was the perfect time to showcase either if they were in the game.
Since Mac was shown instead, I'm expecting K. Rool another time. Obviously K. Rool cannot advertise a game he is not in.
And I'm one of the people who finds a DK newcomer inevitable.

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Little Mac is the second character to have been upgraded from supporting character to playable character. The first one was Charizard.

Hmmmmm...I wonder...
6IFyr.png

Let's see...Pokeball Pokemon becomes playable character...Assist Trophy becomes playable character...we need to bring it full circle and have Boss becomes playable character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't think Little Mac has any effect on Ridley's chances all.

By the way, we got 5 newcomers, 4 of which are from new series. I'm likely grasping at straws here, but does it possibly raise the chances of more unrepresented series getting playable characters?
I think so... yeah... I am thinking that the most successful and/or iconic 1st party Nintendo franchises... from both modern era (2000's) and classic era (1980's)... are probably getting playable characters. Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, and Punch-Out!! fit those categories one way or another... Mega Man is this for Capcom as well... other Nintendo franchises that I think fit those categories are Wii Sports, Nintendogs, StreetPass Mii Plaza, Brain Age, Nazo no Murasame Jo, and Duck Hunt... Pac-Man is this for Namco... these are just my opinions!

I wish we can get more than 3 new Nintendo franchises... Melee added 3 and Brawl added 4 Nintendo franchises plus 2 third-party franchises.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Her chances are dead. Shot. Nonexistant. Toad has better chances.
Anyway, now that everyone is pissed at me, roster!
View attachment 8508
There's only one big problem I have with this roster. The lack of Ike with Chrom being shoehorned in. I explained my reasons many times why Ike should stay, and him being the only one cut, is a disappointment to me. 8/10

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Expecting Dixie? Why?
Diddy isn't revealed yet.
Tag team is not going to happen.
And well, a double reveal is unlikely.

Only the franchises with all the veterans revealed can receive a newcomer.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team

And Isabelle is definitely not gonna happen... Come on, let's be real.
In my humble opnion there is three chars with some chance to pass the barrier between playble and AT:
Isaac, Samurai Goroh and Ray MK III.
Of this three Isaac to me looks like with more probabilty to happen, but I like Goroh chances.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
Expecting Dixie? Why?

In that case unless we get Diddy next week for the North America release then we may have to wait awhile before either of them are revealed

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Expecting Dixie? Why?

Quite simply, with the absolute perfect timing of the Direct, I felt that a tag team of Diddy/Dixie was actually quite likely. It was a day they could reveal a veteran while simultaneously revealing a newcomer. And apparently, judging by the fact that the uniqueness thread jumped right to rating Dixie/Diddy, I'm not the only one who thought that.

Also, while a double reveal is unprecedented, it's not impossible, especially if they want to reveal more characters in the coming months. Also, the idea that only franchises with all veterans can get newcomers, while likely, is not guaranteed to be true, as the only new character from an already existing franchise we've seen is Rosalina.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Quite simply, with the absolute perfect timing of the Direct, I felt that a tag team of Diddy/Dixie was actually quite likely. It was a day they could reveal a veteran while simultaneously revealing a newcomer. And apparently, judging by the fact that the uniqueness thread jumped right to rating Dixie/Diddy, I'm not the only one who thought that.

Also, while a double reveal is unprecedented, it's not impossible, especially if they want to reveal more characters in the coming months. Also, the idea that only franchises with all veterans can get newcomers, while likely, is not guaranteed to be true, as the only new character from an already existing franchise we've seen is Rosalina.
Yeah, but this doesn't hurt Dixie's chances, maybe it hurts a bit Diddy/Dixie's chances, because the perfect opportunity,etc,etc...
But Solo Dixie's , no.
And about the " only franchises with all veterans can get newcomers" theory, Rosalina is enough proof IMO.

Zerosuitsamus888

Smash Rookie
I am waiting for Captain Falcon to come back and Wario and a few other characters. It won't be smash bros. if none of the returning characters are in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom