• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I think Falco and Wolf both have things going for them: Falco is more popular, more important to the Star Fox series, and has a better attendance record for Smash Bros. Wolf has a more unique move set and is a villain. They're both great characters and preferably they both should be in the next game, at least in my opinion.

Also, this is what I was thinking... Fox gets the landmaster, Falco gets the arwing, and Wolf gets a rocket launcher or air support with his Star Wolf team dropping bombs from above.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Which veterans do you think will be DLC if time constraints come up as a problem?
Well, first we have to consider which veterans they'd cut under time constraints. Besides the obvious 3 who are out anyway (Squitle, Ivy, and Snake), the prime candidates of Lucas, Wolf, Falco, maybe Jiggs but only as a last resort (Lucas and one of the spacies had already been cut and they needed someone else as well). Jiggs especially would be a good DLC character if she isn't on the main roster.

D

Deleted member

They'll probably make Wolf use the Wolfen & function like the Arwing....hey! At least its not a Landmaster!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Falco is more popular, more important to the Star Fox series
I think that's a highly debated subject.
I'm not a fan of Star Fox, but what I've heard, I personally think Wolf is actually more important as one of the main antagonists of Star Fox.

From what I've heard, Slippy does more than Falco, especially in one of the games on the Gamecube where I've heard that Falco isn't in at all other than a cameo. Like I said though, that's from what I've heard as I've never played any of those games.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If the roster is 47 characters with a random box we have 48 boxes. Four rows of twelve. So I would imagine four DLC's at least to start.

Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Sceptile, and Ghirahim are my guesses.

D

Deleted member

I'm not a fan of Star Fox, but what I've heard, I personally think Wolf is actually more important as one of the main antagonists of Star Fox.
He isn't the main antagonist of Star Fox, he is your rival that you got to fight & once in a while is an anti-hero (He may be that way in future titles). The main antagonists would be someone like Andross, Aparoid Queen, or the Anglar Emperor. Thats not to say Wolf isn't important, hes got the merit.

From what I've heard, Slippy does more than Falco, especially in one of the games on the Gamecube where I've heard that Falco isn't in at all other than a cameo.
Falco does appear but in the ending. I wouldn't really say its a cameo but more of "Hey guise, I'm still here! Remember me? I'm back!"

As for Slippy, he's appear in every game to date & made Landmaster, Reflector, Blaster, Arwing, & Blue Marine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
From what I've heard, Slippy does more than Falco, especially in one of the games on the Gamecube where I've heard that Falco isn't in at all other than a cameo. Like I said though, that's from what I've heard as I've never played any of those games.
Prior to Melee, there were only two Star Fox games, SNES and 64. Wolf wasn't even in SNES, whereas Falco was prominent in both and was seen as a friendly rival. Wolf was only in two (optional) missions as a boss in 64, and he was kinda of a lead up to Andross anyway.

Don't remember much about Adventure and Assault, didn't like them. Adventure might as well not be a Star Fox game since it only has few elements from it and it wasn't originally a Star Fox game, but an original IP from Rare. But if you wanna go with it, Falco did appear briefly in the end, with Wolf completely absent. Don't remember which of the two had more prominence in Assault or Command. (The latter of which I only played briefly, but I remember seeing Falco a lot :x.)

I'd say Falco is more important than Wolf.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I still don't see why everybody thinks Snake is cut there hasn't been a real good reason for him to be cut.
Other than cosmetic reasons which obviously doesn't matter anymore.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Not banned yet. o.O Welp, here's the roster I now envision with the news brought on by E3, the reveals, and the stability of the leak(Shulk/Chrom incoming, ugh):

Post-E3 WiiU Roster.png

As far as online play goes as well as DLC, I think the following will happen:

- Mii Fighter will be dimmed on the CSS, disallowing them from being picked.
- DLC will not have its own slot, rather it will be a slider off to the side of the CSS(or a separate button on the bottom screen for 3DS). When selected, a different screen with DLC characters will appear. I am unsure if this will be available for online play or not.

Now, that question mark is the toss-up. If Wolf is in and Lucas is gone, then that's the CSS right there, just add Wolf where the ? is. If Wolf is out, then Ness takes the ? spot, Falcon to Ness's, and Lucas will appear in Falcon's spot.

I think that, despite the leak mentioning Lucas having a strong likelihood to be cut, that Wolf is actually the one gone, because it resonates with the rest of the cast nearby, the 'twosies' as I call them(Samus/ZSS, Pit/Palutena, Fox/Falco, DK/Diddy). Otherwise, we'd have a three-set in the midst of a bunch of two-setters, which might be strange.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think that, despite the leak mentioning Lucas having a strong likelihood to be cut, that Wolf is actually the one gone, because it resonates with the rest of the cast nearby, the 'twosies' as I call them(Samus/ZSS, Pit/Palutena, Fox/Falco, DK/Diddy). Otherwise, we'd have a three-set in the midst of a bunch of two-setters, which might be strange.
Wait...

I apologize if I'm missing something here, but are you actually implying that they would cut Wolf because it would make the character selection screen look slightly (not really) odd?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wait...

I apologize if I'm missing something here, but are you actually implying that they would cut Wolf because it would make the character selection screen look slightly (not really) odd?
I suppose if Ridley was announced another Metroid character has to make it in.
Or if K. Rool makes it in Dixie Kong will have to also. :troll:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'm hoping Squirtle and Ivysaur are back some way or another. My favorite Pokémon is Charizard and I'm gracious to have him back in Smash, but I also liked playing as the other two as well. Very unique movesets just to get dumped in the next game(well, at least it seems). I think they'd make perfect DLC characters. I'd personally take either over Jigglypuff.
He isn't the main antagonist of Star Fox, he is your rival that you got to fight & once in a while is an anti-hero (He may be that way in future titles). The main antagonists would be someone like Andross, Aparoid Queen, or the Anglar Emperor. Thats not to say Wolf isn't important, hes got the merit.

Falco does appear but in the ending. I wouldn't really say its a cameo but more of "Hey guise, I'm still here! Remember me? I'm back!"

As for Slippy, he's appear in every game to date & made Landmaster, Reflector, Blaster, Arwing, & Blue Marine.
Prior to Melee, there were only two Star Fox games, SNES and 64. Wolf wasn't even in SNES, whereas Falco was prominent in both and was seen as a friendly rival. Wolf was only in two (optional) missions as a boss in 64, and he was kinda of a lead up to Andross anyway.

Don't remember much about Adventure and Assault, didn't like them. Adventure might as well not be a Star Fox game since it only has few elements from it and it wasn't originally a Star Fox game, but an original IP from Rare. But if you wanna go with it, Falco did appear briefly in the end, with Wolf completely absent. Don't remember which of the two had more prominence in Assault or Command. (The latter of which I only played briefly, but I remember seeing Falco a lot :x.)

I'd say Falco is more important than Wolf.
Like I said, I've never played Star Fox so I don't really know their roles too well in their series.
I was basically told this,
Falco: Annoying wing-man that acts like he doesn't need your help, but really does. Fox's friendly rival.
Slippy: Clumsy and is always needing help, however he excels in machines.
Krystal: Debuted in Adventure(I believe) and ever since became one of the most important and re-occurring characters in Star Fox.
Wolf: Fox's main rival and is the only main villain that could translate well into smash.

I repeat, this is just what I've been told and I haven't done too much research due to my lack of interest in the series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Like I said, I've never played Star Fox so I don't really know their roles too well in their series.
I was basically told this,
Falco: Annoying wing-man that acts like he doesn't need your help, but really does. Fox's friendly rival.
Slippy: Clumsy and is always needing help, however he excels in machines.
Krystal: Debuted in Adventure(I believe) and ever since became one of the most important and re-occurring characters in Star Fox.
Wolf: Fox's main rival and is the only main villain that could translate well into smash.

I repeat, this is just what I've been told and I haven't done too much research due to my lack of interest in the series.
You pretty much have it down!

Relax, I ain't gonna bite...unless of course, you call Fox McCloud "Star Fox" then thats different :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If the roster is 47 characters with a random box we have 48 boxes. Four rows of twelve. So I would imagine four DLC's at least to start.

Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Sceptile, and Ghirahim are my guesses.
Mewtwo, King K.Rool, and Impa should get in regulary.

Ghirahim I really don't think stands much of a chance.

Niala

Smash Ace
Honestly, I think that Ghirahim is in the same boat as Ridley. Neither of them are actually very likely, they just have very vocal supporters who want to see them added for various reasons and will furiously deny that lack of likelihood. They're the two really heavy fan picks that not only do I suspect will not be playable in this Smash, but I doubt will ever grace Smash as playable characters, regardless of potentially numerous future installments. Even having noticed this, I still choose to support Ghirahim, regardless of his questionable status.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Honestly, I think that Ghirahim is in the same boat as Ridley. Neither of them are actually very likely, they just have very vocal supporters who want to see them added for various reasons and will furiously deny that lack of likelihood. They're the two really heavy fan picks that not only do I suspect will not be playable in this Smash, but I doubt will ever grace Smash as playable characters, regardless of potentially numerous future installments. Even having noticed this, I still choose to support Ghirahim, regardless of his questionable status.
Eh, I don't think comparing the main antagonist of the Metroid series to the villain of one Zelda game is an accurate comparison.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

I think with all the Skyward Sword representation, he has a somewhat decent chance. And this is coming from someone who doesn't care for Ghirahim at all.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think with all the Skyward Sword representation, he has a somewhat decent chance. And this is coming from someone who doesn't care for Ghirahim at all.
Again, Impa was also in Skyward Sword. She'd be a better choice.

Espio264

Smash Ace
From reading the last few pages, a few points:

- Ivysaur and squirtle were two of the most interesting additions to Brawl, I would hope they'll be first on the listif DLC is indeed happening.

- Falco and Wolf's importance within the Star Fox series is irrelevant at this point. They are each Smash Bros. and both deserve to remain as such.

- Ridley is a legend within Nintendo's history. Ghirahim is a so far, one time character whose fanbase feeds off the outrageousness of the character itself, and not how he would mesh with the rest of the cast. If he were to make it in, he'd forever be cemented as a Smash Brother, and thus a Nintendo legend, and I'd welcome him with open arms. But until that day, he's got nothing on Ridley.

- I've never been an Impa supporter, but after seeing her in action in Hyrule Warriors, I think she's a standout choice for a Zelda newcomer and would love to see her in, though I'm not expecting her this go round.

- With the increase in lady characters so far, seeing a Krystal, Impa or Dixie wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'd really like a Fire Emblem lady as well.

- and last, what is this from?

image.jpg

Initially when I saw it, I thought crazy Kirby weapon. But I'm really not sure what it is. I thought if it were something Xenoblade related, the place would be in a frenzy. Any schooling from you fine people would be greatly appreciated.

Plus Attack On Titan has really left me depressed.

Khoru

Smash Champion
- and last, what is this from?

View attachment 16275

Initially when I saw it, I thought crazy Kirby weapon. But I'm really not sure what it is. I thought if it were something Xenoblade related, the place would be in a frenzy. Any schooling from you fine people would be greatly appreciated.
it's the space pirate ship from kid icarus uprising

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Why does everyone on SmashBoards have feelings for Hades? Is it like that stork thing?
I don't

Dark Pit wouldn't really have much chance of getting in anyway. Sakurai said already that he doesn't want duplicates of any character. Which means he wouldn't want any characters with the same move sets or characters that are basically the same. With that said, Characters like Paper Mario and Dark Pit have no chance, and neither does Wolf. I believe that they would bring back Falco, but maybe change his move set a little.
I'm sorry, but hold your horses. Wolf has one advantage over Paper Mario and Dark Pit: Veteran. Cutting a popular villain out of a game is like killing the hero of a story. Removing Wolf would not only be lame with your reasons, but would create some serious hell like what happened to Mewtwo and Roy

They all have the same final smash

I never said that they are "automatically going to be cut" because they are similar. I said that I think Wolf may be cut. God you kids need to learn to read.
Ness and Lucas has same Final Smash with some tweaks. Toon Link and Link has the same Final Smash as well and so does Zelda and Sheik. Your point being?

Never said? Uh....lemme go ahead and quote your exact words:

With that said, Characters like Paper Mario and Dark Pit have no chance, and neither does Wolf. I believe that they would bring back Falco, but maybe change his move set a little.
You just basically admitted that Wolf needs to be cut right there. Please come back when you are smarter with your posts. YOU need to learn to read what you type. :)

Which veterans do you think will be DLC if time constraints come up as a problem?
Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, Lucas, Mewtwo, Roy

Pretty much all of these guys who may not make the roster so far. That and Wolf if he also gets the boot

Seriously Diddy, enough with your obsession on Impa. It's not even gonna happen and Ghirahim still has a chance for DLC....a chance higher than Impa that is

Espio264

Smash Ace
it's the space pirate ship from kid icarus uprising
Big, purply, flappy winged, Space pirate related trophy shown in the E3 footage?

If I were a goofier dude, I'd say he might have been trying to tell us something.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Warning Received
Edit: Darn, posted already.
Nonetheless it is interesting to note the most well-received veterans were both Fire Emblem characters.
Really just goes to show much FE has expanded since Melee and how beloved a franchise it has become over the years.

Bandanna Dee ain't happening, because Kid Icarus is getting the treatment that Kirby got in Brawl. So I expect all Kirby content to be fairly standard in SSB4. Perhaps DLC though...

Last edited by a moderator:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Bandanna Dee ain't happening, because Kid Icarus is getting the treatment that Kirby got in Brawl. So I expect all Kirby content to be fairly standard in SSB4. Perhaps DLC though...
First of all, careful about the double post.

Second of all, we don't even know if Dark Pit will be playable or not. (Although to be honest, it would be hilarious if the announcer said Pitto, and Dark Pit responded yelling "Stop calling me that!")

D

Deleted member

The four Yoshis (Green, Red, Blue, Yellow) that debuted in SMW are clearly individual characters, as seen in gameplay text and in the ending (along with the newly hatched rescued Yoshis).
NO. Those are generic Yoshis. They aren't given any sort of characterization, they aren't recurring characters, there's nothing that sets them from the rest of the species.
The one known as "Yoshi" (a.k.a. the green one from this game) is a recurring character, is Mario's close friend, and is the 7th Star Child (the other 6 being Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, and DK (whether it's Cranky or modern DK is unknown)).

The Yoshi group that consistently helps Baby Mario rescue Baby Luigi in the Yoshi Island series are clearly separate characters. They each take turns carrying Baby Mario and in later games the other Babies.
No characterization; no distinction; generic.
Also impossible to tell if these Yoshis are the same ones between games.

Red Yoshi in the upcoming Yoshi Wooly World is clearly a separate character from Green Yoshi.
Generic 2-player filler.
Just like Pink Donkey Kong Jr.

Aside from that, why do you claim that only Green Yoshi is the only "defined" Yoshi? No where in the games do they claim that Green Yoshi is Mario's only Yoshi friend. That's only shown in outside media and fan wikis/fan works.
I said Yoshi was the only defined Yoshi that is generic in design. There are others such as Yoshi Kid from Paper Mario TTYD, Boshi, the Village Elder in Paper Mario, etc. "Yoshi" is the only defined Yoshi that isn't any different in design from the generic Green Yoshi species.
I didn't say he was Mario's only Yoshi friend (which would be inaccurate since Yoshi Kid is a clear friend of the "Great Gonzales"), I said he's noted as being Mario's best friend/sidekick.

Look at every profile where multiple Yoshis are selectable characters. "Yoshi" is given the distinction of being Mario's friend while the *insert color* Yoshis leave out that detail and are just given the "a Yoshi that..." description.

As someone who works in the industry, I can tell you that design does matter when it come to game and character development. But don't take that from me, here's a past example direct from Nintendo where character design clearly did matter:
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1695711/why_no_peach_in_new_super_mario_bros_u.html
LOL. This is a clear case of ambiguous language fallacy.
You're using an example where specific details in design are necessary to work in a game (Peach having a different body frame from the Bros. making her difficult to work in the game physics) to prove why specific details in design are necessary for ARBITRARY reasoning (the generic Toad/Waddle Dee instead of legitimately defined characters Captain Toad/Bandana Waddle Dee because of "representation").

When you put in a species character in a title like Smash Bros, they are representing their species. Yoshi represents the entire Yoshi species, Pikachu represents the entire Pikachu species, Luma represents the entire Luma species, etc. Individuality/personality doesn't matter when it comes to Smash Bros. during development. Most of that is left up to interpretation by the player; an example is SSE in Brawl where there are no spoken lines of dialogue and most of the story was left up to player's imaginations.
Luma isn't a character. Lumas are summons that Rosalina use for fighting.
Yoshi represents both the Yoshi character and the species.
The Waddle Dee species are already represented through enemies in Smash Run.
The Toad species is already represented through Peach's Neutral Special.

We don't need to represent the species; we need to represent the characters. It's not a generic Toad that's become a spin-off star like Luigi, Wario, Peach, and Yoshi (both the character and species) before him; it's Captain Toad. It's not a generic Waddle Dee that's become a prominent character as of late; it's Bandana Dee.

As for Bandana Dee being an "elite" member of his species, nowhere in the Kirby games is it stated he's any different than his fellow Waddle Dee beyond being an ally of Kirby and friends. The "he beats up other Waddles Dees!" isn't an answer. Other Waddle Dees have done the same thing when playable in Super Star(Ultra) and Canvas Curse.
It doesn't have to directly state it; he's shown to be Dedede's right-hand man in Revenge of the King as well as Returns to Dream Land, where he is assisting Dedede in chasing after Kirby in the beginning.
I wasn't going to use the "beats up other Waddle Dees" excuse; Dedede beats up Waddle Dees and they're his minions!

Yes, it's true that Luigi started out as a mere palette swap, but he was given a redesign for Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA). That design carried over and was used for Luigi's likeness in Nintendo's media/ads and future titles defining him as a separate character individually and design-wise before Smash 64 came out.
Luigi was defined as a Nintendo All-Star. He also has a unique name that isn't Green Mario.
...He's barely different from Mario in design.

As you listed, Meta Knight has more differences from Kirby than a simple palette swap or piece of clothing. He wasn't designed as derivative of Kirby' design, but having a mysterious resemblance in body shape and size. Like Luigi, he has enough difference in design to be considered unique. He also has a unique name rather than being called Masked Blue Kirby.
.......what the Hell?
Meta Knight was designed as derivative of Kirby's design. THEY ARE THE SAME SPECIES/RACE. Meta Knight is a palette swap wearing armor to hide the fact he's a palette swap!
That's literally no different than Captain Toad wearing adventuring gear and swinging a pickaxe!

So is Bandanna Dee. He's literally Waddle Dee's design wearing a piece of clothing and a slight color tint depending on the game. Same with Yellow Toad and Blue Toad. Or Red Yoshi. Or Metal Mario. They're palette swaps of another character's design even if they a separate defined individual in their games. As you can see, derivative character's utilize a "color/clothing/power" "original character's name" naming scheme. That's just how character design works. Can a derivative character design get their own slot? Yes, see Dr. Mario. But would Dr. Mario get in over Mario?
Oi, you're killing me here.
Dr. Mario is Mario. Of bloody course Dr. Mario wouldn't get in over the standard Mario.
Bandana Dee? He's not a generic Waddle Dee. He's a specific Waddle Dee.
Give me a legitimate reason why, the ACTUAL CHARACTER that is prominent and supported by fans would NOT get in over random generic Waddle Dee #47 from Kirby Squeak Squad. Go on, do it. You haven't thus far, but maybe you'll surprise me with a good reason now.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Waddle Dee would be an interesting choice for Smash Bros. I just find it odd that his supporters claim he's extremely unique with a bandana on while also claiming he's boring and generic without one on. It's like if Toad supporter said Blue Toad is amazing looking while demonizing the classic Toad design.
No, you obviously don't get it at all.
Bandana Waddle Dee isn't being claimed as "extremely unique" solely because of the damn bandana.
What is being claimed (and what is entirely accurate) is that Bandana Waddle Dee is a DEFINED MAJOR CHARACTER that is distinct from the generic Waddle Dees.
The bandana is just a major part of his distinction. He's the only Dee to have one, or at least was until Rainbow Curse. Though it could just be that he has his own posse where he's the leader.
So yes, he would be generic without it; without it, he's just a regular Spear Waddle Dee.

D

Deleted member

Topic of the weekend :

In order to tenfold hype, do you think Mewtwo and Ridley will be respectivly the latest veteran and newcomer to be revealed a few time before the 3DS version release ?

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
Topic of the weekend :

In order to tenfold hype, do you think Mewtwo and Ridley will be respectivly the latest veteran and newcomer to be revealed a few time before the 3DS version release ?
Not at all. I think Chrom will be the last revealed newcomer and either Ness or Falcon to be the last revealed veteran. I'm not sure about mewtwo being in game to be honest, and I already gave up on Ridley a long time ago.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ghirahim being more likely than Impa. Looks like the time when Skyward Sword was just recent on everyone's mind. No bro, Ghirahim really has no chance. If there's to be a new Zelda villain, they'd opt for Ganon. I'll even see Vaati make it before Ghirahim. Impa is easily the best choice for a Zelda newcomer. Not only did she had that revival role in Skyward Sword, and was super important to that game's plot, she's also gonna be playable in Hyrule Warriors. Impa has been in the series for an extremely long time, and Ghirahim is just a one-off villain who'll never come back in the series. He wasn't even the actual villain of Skyward Sword. :rolleyes: No sir, Impa it will be and I'm definitely not over obsessing.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Why do so many people on Smashboards think that "either" Ness or Lucas will be cut, like it's not already certain who wouldbe cut if there can be only one.

Even without the Gematsu leak mentioning Lucas specifically, do people really think Sakurai would remove a character that's been in every single Smash game?

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Why do so many people on Smashboards think that "either" Ness or Lucas will be cut, like it's not already certain who wouldbe cut if there can be only one.

Even without the Gematsu leak mentioning Lucas specifically, do people really think Sakurai would remove a character that's been in every single Smash game?
well some people seem to think Jigglypuff is cut so yes it seems some people believe originals will be cut.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I don't believe any character will be cut besides the three with a foot in the grave, but if they need to cut someone, Lucas is definitely a prime candidate. Very visually similar to another character, his specials are already a 'customized' versions of that character's specials, and he's from a small inactive franchise.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If I may ask, why not? I don't think simply because Ridley has longevity and more appearances that he is therefore more suitable, nor is he more likely.
Well, think about it. Smash is game designed for the purpose of gathering some of Nintendo's biggest All-Stars. Therefore, a character like Ridley, who is a main antagonist of a prominent Nintendo series, is a viable choice for the game. It's the same reason that we got characters like Bowser and Ganondorf. They're the main antagonists of some of Nintendo's biggest series. They're basically All-Stars, so they got into Smash. There's not much of a difference between Ridley and those two.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki

Well both Ness and, I believe, Jiggs were considered to be cut at one time. They were not cut obviously so the question then is, was it their status as originals that saved them? Or lucky circumstances? I personally think the latter, so the idea that originals must be untouchable is a little off base to me.

Also does anyone have a link to the gematsu source talking about Lucas probably being cut? I can't find it, and I want to know it really exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom