• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
You can tell who's butthurt about the inclusion of Little Mac by those who're spouting "He's so boring, he just punches everything".

I think it's pretty obvious what we're going to hear when/if Ridley gets confirmed. "He's way too small, he looks so stupid, I was right all along."

Of course, none of it matters, because we have Lil' Mac now.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Hey you know, it's still not very nice, what does it hurt to let these guys have their day? What does it hurt that the Mac is in (other than the off chance that we might actually get Miis now:urg:)? I'm not a fan of him either but I still got pretty damn hyped up over it. It's not like him being in will stop whoever you want from getting in.
What are you talking about?
Obviously because Little Mac is in it means that he got in instead of *insert your favorite character*
It's all his fault! Just like ROB before him!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Hey you know, it's still not very nice, what does it hurt to let these guys have their day? What does it hurt that the Mac is in (other than the off chance that we might actually get Miis now:urg:)? I'm not a fan of him either but I still got pretty damn hyped up over it. It's not like him being in will stop whoever you want from getting in.
See I actually like Punch Out, I just starting playing the NES one last week, but I still didn't think of him ever to be a playable character. Sure Mac fans can be happy good for them. But it doesn't take away the fact that the roster spot could have been used elsewhere, so yes it does have a chance of stopping a character I want being in.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Meh I can live with Mii´s been playable if I get at least two of these three characters Ridley, King K. Rool and Shulk. For me Pac-Man could be very interesting to play as if is handled like Snake, Mega Man and Sonic being true to their origins.
.n_n.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What are you talking about?
Obviously because Little Mac is in it means that he got in instead of *insert your favorite character*
But, Little Mac was one of the newcomers I really wanted, and I loved R.O.B.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So let's see what the stance of the Smash Elite 4 is using only official Smash announcements:

Little Mac: Confirmed!

Palutena: Had a very convincing leak which has not been confirmed fake yet, and Sakurai hinted at it a few times after the leak.

Ridley: Was hinted at with the caption, "an enemy of Samus' past May appear any second" when the Pyroshpere was first unveiled. It is very debated whether this means playable character or stage hazard.

King K. Rool: Nothing yet.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
*Crosses fingers for the supposed leak be false*

Mac is ok, but the other 2 are just ughhh
Hey, if you can have Little Mac, don't put down my Pac-Man either.

Miis can go **** themselves though.

See I actually like Punch Out, I just starting playing the NES one last week, but I still didn't think of him ever to be a playable character. Sure Mac fans can be happy good for them. But it doesn't take away the fact that the roster spot could have been used elsewhere, so yes it does have a chance of stopping a character I want being in.
Really now? That spot could have gone to who now? I didn't know that there was someone in direct competition with Little Mac, I'm guessing you must have wanted Doc Louis instead? Roster space isn't a limited commodity, characters get in on their own merits/demand, not because "oh we did/didn't have space for this one."

Unless you're one of those people who thinks we're only getting five newcomers and twenty cuts, then you should really check your priorities and your sanity.

Speaking of which, I actually liked R.O.B. No character in Brawl disappointed me, and no character here has disappointed me so far. Please don't let Mac be a sign of Miis.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Ridley: Was hinted at with the caption, "an enemy of Samus' past May appear any second" when the Pyroshpere was first unveiled. It is very debated whether this means playable character or stage hazard.
That shouldn't really count, considering it wasn't intended to be that in the first place.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
But, Little Mac was one of the newcomers I really wanted, and I loved R.O.B.
Shhh, keep your voice down people are listening!

People should hate ALL characters for taking their most wanted characters' slots.
Donkey Kong wasted precious time during Brawl's development that could've gone to Ridley!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Little Mac was easily the most deserving character for Smash 4 in my opinion, and many other's.
A beloved NES classic, brought back for the Wii. An assist trophy in Brawl, coming back to avenge the insult!
Don't you see, Little Mac has deserved it all these years! Mac has been waiting, only to get the shaft time and time again, FINALLY making it as a playable character.
I'm a huge Punch Out fan, and I am hyped beyond belief. If you don't like Little Mac, I don't really care, just don't say his slot could have been given to someone else, because nobody deserves this more than Mac.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Hey, if you can have Little Mac, don't put down my Pac-Man either.
Really now? That spot could have gone to who now? I didn't know that there was someone in direct competition with Little Mac, I'm guessing you must have wanted Doc Louis instead? Roster space isn't a limited commodity, characters get in on their own merits/demand, not because "oh we did/didn't have space for this one."

Unless you're one of those people who thinks we're only getting five newcomers and twenty cuts, then you should really check your priorities and your sanity.
Clearly the excuse of "oh we did/didn't have space for this one." has happened before! Why? Because I am pretty sure multiple characters were scrapped due to the lack of time they needed to create them. And with this innovative idea called priority some characters were scrapped while others weren't.

For example, in terms of SSB for the N64, according to Smashpedia:
Bowser, Mewtwo, and King Dedede were originally planned to be playable, being scrapped due to a lack of development time.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I WAS going to main villager,but now that lil mac is in,I'll just have to figure out how to unlock Lil Mac...by using Villager

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Little Mac was easily the most deserving character for Smash 4 in my opinion, and many other's.
A beloved NES classic, brought back for the Wii. An assist trophy in Brawl, coming back to avenge the insult!
Don't you see, Little Mac has deserved it all these years! Mac has been waiting, only to get the shaft time and time again, FINALLY making it as a playable character.
I'm a huge Punch Out fan, and I am hyped beyond belief. If you don't like Little Mac, I don't really care, just don't say his slot could have been given to someone else, because nobody deserves this more than Mac.
"No one's opinion matters except for mine, and those that agree with me."

Louie G.

Smash Hero
"No one's opinion matters except for mine, and those that agree with me."
If I recall correctly, I said "in my opinion". You don't have to agree with it, but there are a lot of people really happy to see Mac, so I'll politely ask you to leave because you're really putting a damper on a really happy moment.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Guys.stop arguing,and argue about Pac-Man. Because my rule is once they're in,there's no way of getting them out.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Haters gonna hate!

In all seriousness, I can't see how anybody wouldn't be happy with this announcement. Even if you weren't a big Punch-Out fan (personally I've not played any of the titles in the series), it's hard to deny that Mac has a cool unique gimmick and just fits well with the rest of the cast.

Besides, it's not like any character really 'takes' another characters slot. Mac makes sense, and it's not like he stole a roster slot from somebody else.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
If I recall correctly, I said "in my opinion". You don't have to agree with it, but there are a lot of people really happy to see Mac, so I'll politely ask you to leave because you're really putting a damper on a really happy moment.
You specifically said, "just don't say his slot could have been given to someone else, because nobody deserves this more than Mac." meaning that you find everyone who disagree's ideas are wrong.

Morbi

Scavenger
I just got done making the most awkward reference. My mother had received some Macaroni from a co-worker, and as we were preparing dinner, she asked, "would you like some of the Macaroni?" So of course, I said, "sure, I would love a Little Mac." My sister was also present, so she stated it was an awkward reference and my Mother just stared and asked me to repeat myself. Anyways, Little Mac is awesome.

I WAS going to main villager,but now that lil mac is in,I'll just have to figure out how to unlock Lil Mac...by using Villager
This. I was only going to main Villager for the boxing gloves, but now I have my favorite boxer!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You specifically said, "just don't say his slot could have been given to someone else, because nobody deserves this more than Mac." meaning that you find everyone who disagree's ideas are wrong.
:facepalm:
Just don't ruin this for me.
I'm really happy right now, and I don't want this glorious moment ruined by one person who disagrees with Sakurai's choice.
Because there's always going to be THAT ONE GUY, and it's you right now.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I wouldn't say he's the most deserving, people only really started wanting him when he appeared as an assist in Brawl, not counting the few really big Punch Out fans that wanted him before that obviously. The most deserving still haven't been shown, King K. Rool and Ridley have been getting the shaft for far longer.

Clearly the excuse of "oh we did/didn't have space for this one." has happened before! Why? Because I am pretty sure multiple characters were scrapped due to the lack of time they needed to create them. And with this innovative idea called priority some characters were scrapped while others weren't.

For example, in terms of SSB for the N64, according to Smashpedia:

I guess what your trying to say is "no one's opinion matters except for mine and those that agree with it."
Excuse me? I don't like Little Mac either bub, I'm pretty sure Jiggs just got a new buddy for my least used character, but I'm happy he got in, not for me, but for all the people that love Punch Out and wanted him to be in.

And you seem to have trouble differentiating roster space from development time. Mewtwo wasn't cut because Lucario was added, Mewtwo was planned to be in Brawl, but as you referenced, he was cut due to lack of development time. You know what that means? They ran out of time to make the game, not space. You want someone to blame for that? Sonic the Hedgehog. He delayed the game and took up the time needed for the cut characters that were planned. Does it look like they are rushing this game? They don't even have a release date besides "sometime this year." They have all the time they need to add characters, one character getting in will not stop another character from getting in. So dislike Mac all you want, but don't go around blatantly lying about him "wasting a slot."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just now noticed that in one of Mac's screenshots,it shows that the boxing ring stage will be in both versions.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I wouldn't say he's the most deserving, people only really started wanting him when he appeared as an assist in Brawl, not counting the few really big Punch Out fans that wanted him before that obviously. The most deserving still haven't been shown, King K. Rool and Ridley have been getting the shaft for far longer.

Excuse me? I don't like Little Mac either bub, I'm pretty sure Jiggs just got a new buddy for my least used character, but I'm happy he got in, not for me, but for all the people that love Punch Out and wanted him to be in.

And you seem to have trouble differentiating roster space from development time. Mewtwo wasn't cut because Lucario was added, Mewtwo was planned to be in Brawl, but as you referenced, he was cut due to lack of development time. You know what that means? They ran out of time to make the game, not space. You want someone to blame for that? Sonic the Hedgehog. He delayed the game and took up the time needed for the cut characters that were planned. Does it look like they are rushing this game? They don't even have a release date besides "sometime this year." They have all the time they need to add characters, one character getting in will not stop another character from getting in. So dislike Mac all you want, but don't go around blatantly lying about him "wasting a slot."

Haha. I'm sorry, that part that you bolded wasn't meant for you, that's why I removed it. And you know what I meant the idea of priority is what puts a character out of the game, so I am saying that I am upset that Little Mac got more priority. Also, they had as much time as they wanted to make SSBB since they delayed it for so long, because they didn't want to rush it.

Morbi

Scavenger

I just wanted a character that could actually fight. That is pretty much what I look for in a fighting game, Smash had an overt detriment in those regards.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is getting closer and closer to my most wanted Mac vs Takamaru match. Samurais vs. Boxers, the battle of the century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom