• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broodlaw

Smash Cadet
NNID
Broodlaw
Switch FC
SW-0613-0942-5903
Well they didn't waste any time at all, Little Mac for Smash, and his Star Punch already looks OP

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Get ready for Miis and Paccy to be shown off eventually.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai still reigns supreme when it comes to character reveals, I don't think anyone expected Little Mac's reveal this direct!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I guess Sakurai didn't get the message the boxing ring was a generic Smash stage. :troll:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Little Mac! YES!

A Nintendo newcomer that doesn't change my roster!

if smash is both the opening AND the closer to the direct I'd be thrilled.
Maybe that is why the site hasn't been updated :eek:

Also, does anybody else get trouble from the direct site? I'm using Youtube's stream.

Last edited:

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I knew we had reason to stand strong Mac brothers. We did well. I'm... *sniff* so proud of you all.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Doc Louis loves chocolate.

LOVES!!!!
Valentine's Day!!!

How did we not see that coming!

Also, Little Mac was one of the most wanted characters, so the fans would love him.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So, Little Mac has a power meter above his percentage meter, and his Final Smash is Giga Mac.

I said this for Rosalina already, but I love how Sakurai is going for the unique gameplay styles this time around. Is it like the star system in Punch Out Wii?

-----

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Mac, huh?

Looks like the "They're hiding the fact that it's a Punch-Out stage until Mac" theory was actually right. The Smash logo has now been replaced with the one from Punch-Out.

D

Deleted member

AWWWWW YEAHHHHH.

So glad I managed to sneak in to see if anything was shown.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
With this we have 5 new comers, is it me or all of the new characters look great and the mechanics seem fit for each character, for now all of them look unique and different than the rest of the cast.
.n_n.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

To be honest, I almost forgot people were doubting Mac's chances because of Villager's gloves until I saw this pic. I guess I was too focused on people doubting Balloon Fighter's chances because of the balloons. Hopefully this will give Balloon Fighter fans a glimmer of hope.

Personally, I hope he gets in as a fellow "retro" to the Ice Climbers.

-----

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

With the Boxing Ring being changed up to be Punch-Out themed now that Little Mac is revealed, it leaves me to wonder;

Is the "Smash" version even part of the game? Like as a cosmetic alt by button select?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

To be honest, I almost forgot people were doubting Mac's chances because of Villager's gloves until I saw this pic. I guess I was too focused on people doubting Balloon Fighter's chances because of the balloons. Hopefully this will give Balloon Fighter fans a glimmer of hope.

-----
I feel that, historically, Balloon Fighter is the most worthy retro newcomer.
Like Ice Climbers, he is one of the most memorable NES one-shot game.
Duck Hunt Dog and ExciteBiker come in a close second.

Though I predict and am hoping for Lip because I feel she has the most moveset potential.
Though a Balloon Gimmick with Static attacks, and throwing balloons would be pretty cool too.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

-----
I will love Sakurai if he restores my hope for the Balloon Fighter.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Little Mac is trained by Doc.

Doc loves chocolate.

What does everyone give out on Valentine's Day?

This reveal made perfect sense, guys! Perfect sense.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I really like the fact that the newcomers are all really unique. But in the same time, I'm a little upset that the old ones are still the sames. There will be a gameplay difference between newcomers and old ones. Too bad that they don't have time to make unique the majority of the actual casting.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Anyone else got a "Ridley's definitely getting in" vibe now?

Look at the way Sakurai toyed with us about that Punch-Out stage. Just look at that. Not only the stage, but Little Mac was in huge demand over here, just like another character.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Honestly doesn't look that exciting to me. Though I like the comments Doc Louis is making as the fight goes on.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Looks like the hype train is pulling back into the station, specifically Grand Central Station.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So should I be scared that Little Mac has literally every single Special Attack I said he would have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom