• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
The only thing that I'm ok with in having Mac playable is if they keep Doc's voice in the background. Also, am I the only one that thinks his FS looks like Eren Jaeger in Titan form?
Yes, it would be like Pokemon Trainer... but even better! Giga Mac reminds me of Frankenstein, so I suppose he is reminiscent of Eren. :awesome:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So, Little Mac has a power meter above his percentage meter, and his Final Smash is Giga Mac.

I said this for Rosalina already, but I love how Sakurai is going for the unique gameplay styles this time around. Is it like the star system in Punch Out Wii?

-----
The uniqueness factor is what I use to back up many characters like Sandbag and Bandana Dee.
I feel that uniqueness really matters this time around in Smash Bros. It was most likely the reason that really pushed Sakurai to include Rosalina over more important characters like Toad or Bowser Jr. Not that her popularity didn't help her inclusion.

Speaking of Sandbag, I think his inclusion in the trailer really means something.
Mac was beating him up in the cinematic trailer, but it was nowhere to be found in the actual gameplay.
I might be going crazy, but I see this particular look of terror in his eyes when he was hanging up at the end of the trailer.

(On a side, non-Smash note, I have fury that all 7 Koopalings made it into MarioKart, yet Fawful is nowhere to be seen. It makes me really, REALLY, MAD that the MarioKart 8 developers can't realize who is a unique character or not.)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Kinda glad Sakurai surprised us with a non DK series reveal!

And congrats to all Mac supporters! Little Mac's looking pretty handsome! *_*

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Little mac looks OP. Goodness gracious if he runs that fast then I'd LOVE to see Sonic at full speed. Also he's got super armor? for no reason? Lets have Rosalina summon a Lu*PUNCH Rosalina died because Little mac is the OP newcomer now. at least his airials and recovery look like garbage.

_fiercedeity

Smash Apprentice
Little mac looks OP. Goodness gracious if he runs that fast then I'd LOVE to see Sonic at full speed. Also he's got super armor? for no reason? Lets have Rosalina summon a Lu*PUNCH Rosalina died because Little mac is the OP newcomer now. at least his airials and recovery look like garbage.
I was thinking the same.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
*Blubs of rejoice*.

The Jojo-esque style made the trailer that more amazing.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Anyone else notice that with every newcomer we get, people always come and say "THEY'RE OP".

Villager's OP. Megaman's OP. Rosy's OP. Little Mac's OP.

Brawl Minus confirmed.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Congrats guys, good thing I gave in before today eh?

Well, nothing to differentiate my roster from every other roster that isn't Bidoof's. :laugh:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Little Mac is trained by Doc.

Doc loves chocolate.

What does everyone give out on Valentine's Day?

This reveal made perfect sense, guys! Perfect sense.
Doc Louis loves chocolate.

LOVES!!!!
Valentine's Day!!!

How did we not see that coming!

Also, Little Mac was one of the most wanted characters, so the fans would love him.
Your'e too slow!

By the way, for those people that say that Little Mac would of been boring.

SUCK IT.

SUCK IT LONG, SUCK IT HARD.
Keep it PG-13.
There are some intelligent 13-year olds on this thread.
Like myself. Im like a human teen Yogi-Bear. "I'm smarter than the average 13-year-old!"

Anyone else got a "Ridley's definitely getting in" vibe now?

Look at the way Sakurai toyed with us about that Punch-Out stage. Just look at that. Not only the stage, but Little Mac was in huge demand over here, just like another character.
Yes, yes, I do.

THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY OF MY YOUNG LIFE!
That day would be a Fawful assist (or maybe playable in Smash 5) for me.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Not really excited honestly, between how much he was requested, how likely he was and me not being excited in general... well, that's it.
Though I agree he's more unique than what I expected. Anyway, congratulations you lucky ********, now where's my Palutena? pls

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Anyone else notice that with every newcomer we get, people always come and say "THEY'RE OP".

Villager's OP. Megaman's OP. Rosy's OP. Little Mac's OP.

Brawl Minus confirmed.
The only other character that I thought was good was Megaman. All of the other ones look normal to me. I mean Little mac is faster than sonic was in brawl. The game looked like Melee in the mac trailer. Its going to be Little Mac only Final Destination no items. Like Jeeez tho. Little Mac is legit looking like the new fox in terms of melee speed.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Boy, aren't you a special little sunshiny snowflake.

May I ask what surely astounding character selection you would've preferred?
I don't know, it's just that every character added so far, I have been disappointed in their announcement.

So what newcomers did you want to see instead?
Palutena, King K Rool, Some type of female Fire Emblem character. I just don't like any of these new additions.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Congrats guys, good thing I gave in before today eh?

Well, nothing to differentiate my roster from every other roster that isn't Bidoof's. :laugh:
My roster is always the most accurate.
If friggin' Little Mac can get in, Captain N can get in too!!!!!

(I'm just kidding. Little Mac was basically shoe-in and one of the most deserving newcomers, and Captain N is basically a placeholder in my sig for a "historical" character, I would just like Captain N to take this spot.)

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
For me it's "That's a stupid character to put in" for all the newcomers so far. AC is ok but I wanted Tom Nook.
Yea I agree. The characters look awesome and everything but none of them I feel really deserve a spot. Villager deserved a spot more than any of the other newcomers. I think if any character made the most sense to add then it would be Dixie or K.Rool. I want Dixie but K.Rool I don't care either way but he deserves it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well,Little Mac is in. Checking that off my list. Your opinion-I'm late to the party,I know,but just curious. I want to know who was against Llittle Mac?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I mean of course it's just my opinion that I don't like these characters. If you disagree with me, ignore me then.
Hey you know, it's still not very nice, what does it hurt to let these guys have their day? What does it hurt that the Mac is in (other than the off chance that we might actually get Miis now:urg:)? I'm not a fan of him either but I still got pretty damn hyped up over it. It's not like him being in will stop whoever you want from getting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom