• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I'm still waiting until people say

Aerna Ferox= Chrom

Pyrosphere= Ridley

I can see it happening soon.
Pyrosphere = Roy :troll:
seriously though, AFerox could mean any FE13 char. Hopefully Robin instead of Chrom, and I don't even want Robin in the slightest.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Is nobody gonna comment on the fact that Mac ran under Mario's fireballs

like, what even

waht

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Congrats Mac supporters on getting one of your most wanted characters in the game. It feels good, doesn't it. You totally have that cloud nine feel for at least a week, and spend the first few days feeling like you're living in a dream. It's a marvelous feeling that I hope I can feel again, as there's truly no other feeling like that.

Now that the character I wanted the least out of Little Pac Miis is in, I don't have much of a problem with supporting that leak anymore.

So Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina+Luma, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii, Mewtwo, Palutena and DK character. How's this look to you guys?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
For people who haven't payed attention yet.

I want dat Waluigi.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Congrats Mac supporters on getting one of your most wanted characters in the game. It feels good, doesn't it. You totally have that cloud nine feel for at least a week, and spend the first few days feeling like you're living in a dream. It's a marvelous feeling that I hope I can feel again, as there's truly no other feeling like that.

Now that the character I wanted the least out of Little Pac Miis is in, I don't have much of a problem with supporting that leak anymore.

So Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina+Luma, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii, Mewtwo, Palutena and DK character. How's this look to you guys?
Only Mewtwo and Palutena look appealing out of that list. Unless DK rep is King K

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh really? or is this sarcasm? I can't tell D:

anyway its a possibility. I'm not 100% buying it, but its starting to grow on me.
No, it was pretty much: Pyrosphere? OMG THATS WHERE RIDLEY LIVES! RIDLEY CONFIRMED!
Heh, neat caption, BUT RIDLEY! PYROSPHERE!
No... wait... "an enemy from Samus's past... appear at any moment?" RIDLEY CONFIRMED FOR TODAY. NO? RIDLEY CONFIRMED FOR TOMORROW. No? Ridley confirmed for this week?

No Ridley... RIDLEY DECONFIRMED!! PANIC!!

Now things have sort of leveled out. Sort of. :rolleyes:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good evening all and my God was that a fantastic trailer. A Jojo/Peace Walker style training montage, a bit of comedy mixed in, and literally then blowing my expectations for Little Mac up and beyond. A fantastic and worthy addition. Congrats to my fellow Little Mac supporters and here's to holding high hopes for Ridley...I'd say Mewtwo as well, but that's a little TOO obvious. :p

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
:facepalm:
Just don't ruin this for me.
I'm really happy right now, and I don't want this glorious moment ruined by one person who disagrees with Sakurai's choice.
Because there's always going to be THAT ONE GUY, and it's you right now.
OH NO, SOMEONE DIDN'T LIKE LITTLE MAC IN SMASH. THE CELEBRATION IS SOILED! SOILED IT! SOILED IT!

I'm not even a fan of Punch-Out!!!, yet I was grinning when I saw the reveal trailer. He's an iconic character from the NES era, and was a deserving choice for Smash.

I'm too happy to be annoyed by anything. And really, is one "dissenter" really that bothersome to you?

-----

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
You specifically said, "just don't say his slot could have been given to someone else, because nobody deserves this more than Mac." meaning that you find everyone who disagree's ideas are wrong.
Gosh you're just all over the place shooting everybody down. You keep talking about what you don't want. I'm curious, if you had your way what characters would you add/cut?

And Lip is a shoe in and going to be repping Tetris and puzzle games

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It is still a reference many people believe to be Ridley.
So it counts.
The quote by Sakurai refers to how Samus' trauma could return at any moment, suggesting that she could have another breakdown.

The statement Sakurai did himself is far too vague for us to determine anything.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm just surprised nobody is using the logic of "Little Mac being unique and exciting = Chrom being unique and exciting"
I didn't even think that Little Mac was that unique. He was exciting, but unique? I don't want to reinforce the stereotype, but was he not just punching in a different way? That being said, that logic isn't even applicable. Chrom will be as unique and exciting as Sakurai makes him.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Killer Instinct reference?
Is this....reality?
That's what i compare it to, yes. though obviously not exact. I'm just tired of miiverse calling him OP when he clearly is a ground based fighter.

also I'm starting to think pilotwings/find mii = mii

and you know the rest. its more of a possibility now with the boxing stage changed into little mac's home turf, when before it was just a "smash" stage.

Starbound

No, it was pretty much: Pyrosphere? OMG THATS WHERE RIDLEY LIVES! RIDLEY CONFIRMED!
Heh, neat caption, BUT RIDLEY! PYROSPHERE!
No... wait... "an enemy from Samus's past... appear at any moment?"
I thought we were done with this when Mother Brain showed up? :p

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Haha. I'm sorry, that part that you bolded wasn't meant for you, that's why I removed it. And you know what I meant the idea of priority is what puts a character out of the game, so I am saying that I am upset that Little Mac got more priority. Also, they had as much time as they wanted to make SSBB since they delayed it for so long, because they didn't want to rush it.
Do tell, who exactly is it that you want so badly in the first place? Little Mac wasn't necessarily higher or lower than anyone else, I can guarantee you that there are other characters that were finished before him that we just haven't been shown yet, newcomers included. The roster was finalized ages ago, and I'm willing to bet that everyone has been in the game since last year and Sakurai is just tweaking them here and there as time goes on, or do you think Toon Link is higher priority than half of the roster? Anyway, no one character (besides Sanic anyway) is to blame for anything, so don't just single out Little Mac for no reason.

I just wanted a character that could actually fight. That is pretty much what I look for in a fighting game, Smash had an overt detriment in those regards.
Funny, everyone in the game fights. :troll:

Either way though, I know that everyone has their different reasons for playing the game, I just don't care about fighting games at all. Smash is all fanservice for me.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ari edited this post because what about to be said is not related to this comment. Fin.
Looking at your gif sig,I can tell Little Mac has a consequence to being a little OP,his recovery is short.

Morbi

Scavenger
Do tell, who exactly is it that you want so badly in the first place? Little Mac wasn't necessarily higher or lower than anyone else, I can guarantee you that there are other characters that were finished before him that we just haven't been shown yet, newcomers included. The roster was finalized ages ago, and I'm willing to bet that everyone has been in the game since last year and Sakurai is just tweaking them here and there as time goes on, or do you think Toon Link is higher priority than half of the roster? Anyway, no one character (besides Sanic anyway) is to blame for anything, so don't just single out Little Mac for no reason.

Either way though, I know that everyone has their different reasons for playing the game, I just don't care about fighting games at all. Smash is all fanservice for me.
Oh you! :awesome:

But seriously, that is the predominant reason that I supported our LITTLE friend. I do think that Little Mac does well as a fan service character too though.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The quote by Sakurai refers to how Samus' trauma could return at any moment, suggesting that she could have another breakdown.
He's actually referring to a new mechanic in which Samus will randomly become stunned while fighting someone she has defeated before. The more times you defeat a certain character, the more likely Samus is to have a PTSD attack and become randomly stunned during fights with said character.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Gosh you're just all over the place shooting everybody down. You keep talking about what you don't want. I'm curious, if you had your way what characters would you add/cut?

And Lip is a shoe in and going to be repping Tetris and puzzle games
Well I wouldn't cut anyone, and I would bring back Roy and Mewtwo. I would add Palutena, King K Rool, and a Fire Emblem Rep that's female. As for third parties I want Professor Layton, but I know he doesn't have much of a chance. I'd be fine with Takumaru also. One other thing I would want would be a Hoenn or Johto rep for Pokemon, that also probably won't happen.

Starbound

Looking at your gif sig,I can tell Little Mac has a consequence to being a little OP,his recovery is short.
I think Sakurai is using these trailers to make everyone look OP.

First it was "Wow Villager is OP", to "Holy Mega Man is OP, then "omigosh Rosalina is OP ban plz" to now "Little Mac so OP".

My poor Wii Fit Trainer... no one thinks she'll be OP. :/

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
He's actually referring to a new mechanic in which Samus will randomly become stunned while fighting someone she has defeated before. The more times you defeat a certain character, the more likely Samus is to have a PTSD attack and become randomly stunned during fights with said character.
Would explain why they're buffing her, they need something to compensate for that after all.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm confused.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'm confused.
It's a Metroid: Other M joke.

In-game, she breaks down in front of Ridley, which many fans found suspiciously out-of-character and nonsensical (much like the rest of her portrayal in said game) due to the sheer number of times that she's put Ridley in the ground before.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

I don't think Toon Link had a higher priority. I'm just saying if a character I want doesn't get in, all the characters that did, including Little Mac, would have had a higher roster priority than a character that I wanted in.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think Sakurai is using these trailers to make everyone look OP.

First it was "Wow Villager is OP", to "Holy Mega Man is OP, then "omigosh Rosalina is OP ban plz" to now "Little Mac so OP".

My poor Wii Fit Trainer... no one thinks she'll be OP. :/
I used a little OP because I couldn't think of any more words. Let's use Combo-potential

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't see how Mac's home stage actually being the Boxing Ring (which was obvious to me from the beginning) affects other character's chances.
A Punch Out stage is necessary for a Punch Out character. Pyrosphere, Palutena's Temple, Arena Ferox...
They can really just be Samus, Pit, and Marth's home stages, respectively.
Now I expect Ridley, Palutena, and Chrom, but the Boxing Ring means more since it's new series representation.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Well I wouldn't cut anyone, and I would bring back Roy and Mewtwo. I would add Palutena, King K Rool, and a Fire Emblem Rep that's female. As for third parties I want Professor Layton, but I know he doesn't have much of a chance. I'd be fine with Takumaru also. One other thing I would want would be a Hoenn or Johto rep for Pokemon, that also probably won't happen.
Okay, Those are relatively modest expectations if not a bit on the reaching side with Roy. I have to agree. If any character was going to kick *** and solve puzzles in smash I'd want it to be Professor Layton. But since he's not Nintendo, that's not happening.

However II think Lip could definitely rock the Nintendo puzzles genre as her games/character are more along the lines of Nintendo's most succesful puzzle game, Tetris.

Now that Little Mac's in, I really want to see Doc Louis as an Assist Trophy.
I'm officially shipping Doc Louis and Wii Fit Trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom