• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I don't see how Mac's home stage actually being the Boxing Ring (which was obvious to me from the beginning) affects other character's chances.
A Punch Out stage is necessary for a Punch Out character. Pyrosphere, Palutena's Temple, Arena Ferox...
They can really just be Samus, Pit, and Marth's home stages, respectively.
Now I expect Ridley, Palutena, and Chrom, but the Boxing Ring means more since it's new series representation.

You were one of the guys that said, "Smashville in SSBB means Animal Crossing character!"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't really want Ridley or Palutena that much. I personally think it is an overthought idea.

Also,new avatar. Tell me your thoughts.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I don't see how Mac's home stage actually being the Boxing Ring (which was obvious to me from the beginning) affects other character's chances.
Well, ignoring the fact that Rosalina's stage got revealed before her, as well...

What it shows us is that stages may be changed aesthetically to hide characters. If you look at the Boxing Ring before Mac was revealed, it's pretty obvious that Sakurai wanted people to doubt his inclusion due to how generic the ring looked, and hot damn, did it work. I'm not sure how that affects Arena Ferox, BUT-

The Pyrosphere is an extremely controversial stage with a seemingly obvious stage hazard (Ridley attacking the stage). However, after the toss-up with the Boxing Ring, I find it a lot more likely that Sakurai is leaving the Pyrosphere's true nature extremely ambiguous to make people dismiss Ridley as its hazard and, thus, not a playable character. However, as something else Little Mac taught us, Western audiences do matter, and I'm quite sure that Sakurai is aware of how popular Ridley is over here. Not only that, but Ridley has been the hazard of the Pyrosphere in another fighting game, and everyone knows that Sakurai hates copying other games, especially fighting games.

Little Mac himself does nothing for Ridley, but the way that he was handled works wonders for everyone's favorite purple Space Pirate dragon.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

Look at this doofy dude.

He seems like a really powerful character on ground. But in the air not as much.
Also the symbol of the Wrestling Stage changed, so Sakurai was trolling us with the wrestling stage before.
Troll strikes again.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Oh okay.
Sorry for misunderstanding.
Hopefully that little fight we had is over with. You're free to join the Little Mac Hype Club Today! Light Club.
It's all good. I am a fan of Punch Out but not of Little Mac being in. I didn't consider that a fight really, I thought of it more as a debate since we were just justifying our opinions. I really didn't mean to offend you, I just wanted to challenge your opinion with mine if that makes sense.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You know, now that I think about it, I pretty much immediately relegated Mac to being a character I'll pass up on once this game actually comes out.
I completely forgot that there's the possibility of alt costumes. I'll totally kick some ass with Mac if I can wear that pink sweatsuit while doing it.

I find it kind of ironic too, Music here and Wave in the social thread, both bagging on Little Mac. I bet a lot of you were expecting that to be me right?

Also, when are we going to get the obligatory gifs from dat glorious trailer, I want to see his moveset in better detail, gotta know how he's gonna work.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm going to admit it.

We all knew Little Mac was going to be in the game somehow.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The time has come that I have found something before you guys. In the part of the trailer where Little Mac fights Bowser and Megaman in the trailer,the names show the japanese names "Koopa" and "Rockman".

Just a fun fact.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The time has come that I have found something before you guys. In the part of the trailer where Little Mac fights Bowser and Megaman in the trailer,the names show the japanese names "Koopa" and "Rockman".

Just a fun fact.
Yeah, I saw that too.
I was happy to see some gameplay the way we would be seeing it while playing. Looks great to me.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Yeah, I saw that too.
I was happy to see some gameplay the way we would be seeing it while playing. Looks great to me.
I'm loving the new HUD they are using. Looks like the new damage fonts are also there to stay.

Now a side... I believe the boxing arena is now in both versions of the game... meaning it's not just limited to Battlefield on dual versions of stages.

Better question: When's Diddy?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm loving the new HUD they are using. Looks like the new damage fonts are also there to stay.

Now a side... I believe the boxing arena is now in both versions of the game... meaning it's not just limited to Battlefield on dual versions of stages.

Better question: When's Diddy?
Don't forget Kid Icarus,also,I don't know. Maybe Diddy won't be confirmed.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire

FROM SAKURAI HIMSELF!
Obviously Samus will not be able to make it into the game. This much of a size difference immediately rules her out from being playable.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
My main still is Wii Fit Trainer, however I may look into using Little Mac sometime.
My main will always be kirby.

But I love mac's aggressive playstyle, he'll fit in quite nicely with the 12 mains I always try to learn each smash.

Looks like this smash i'll have to pick up alot of different playstyles, its totally sweet. I can't wait for this damn game... the meta should be glorious.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

FROM SAKURAI HIMSELF!
Obviously Samus will not be able to make it into the game. This much of a size difference immediately rules her out from being playable.
Well damn.

If both Samus/ZSS and Ridley are too large, then the only other iconic character would be the titular Metroid.

"But Treecko-sama, Metroids are just generic enemies/minons like Waddle Dee and Toad!"

Oh, but fear not, for we have THE BABY.

---

To be on topic:
I like how they kept Little Mac...little for his playable appearance. I wasn't sure if it would be best for him to stay small like in the original NES Punch-Out!!! or to be normal sized.

----

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
So do you think a Punch Out!! assist is likely? I'd like to see King Hippo.
I want Doc Louis assist trophy. He basically pep talks the person who summoned him like in Little Mac's trailer.

For the Wii, Little Mac isn't so little anymore.

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
Punch Out for the NES has his height as 4'8". He must have gotten a growth spurt for the Wii version, because he is somehow 5'7" there.
im starting to think nintendo doesent understand how inches and feet work because even in alot of there games charecters heights look nothing like what they should.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I want Doc Louis assist trophy. He basically pep talks the person who summoned him like in Little Mac's trailer.
This would be amazing. Or a similar Easter egg to the Snake codec in the Boxing Ring. Personalized Pep Talks.
* The Assist Trophy could also buff speed and power.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
im starting to think nintendo doesent understand how inches and feet work because even in alot of there games charecters heights look nothing like what they should.
Probably because of translation. Nintendo tranlators, if you are reading this Inches =/= centimeters.

Dang, that makes Little Mac only 3 inches smaller than me in the Wii version, I wonder how tall all his opponents are.
Before you fight them, they mention their weight and height. Or you can check the Punch Out Wiki.

This would be amazing. Or a similar Easter egg to the Snake codec in the Boxing Ring. Personalized Pep Talks.
* The Assist Trophy could also buff speed and power.
I thought that it would work like Mr. Resetti except its his voice and he is shouting off screen where he's summoned. And there is no giant voice bubble.

Did you know that Hitmoncahn's national Pokedex number is Little Mac's weight?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom