• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I thought you would naturally know that Ninten and Lucas alt. costumes would naturally belong to Ness? >.>
I said nothing about Ness. I edited your quote to say that Porky would be the best choice for a third Mother character, and you replied that "he" should get the alt costumes if he's playable.
So I assumed you were referring to Porky.

Simple case of misunderstanding?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I said nothing about Ness. I edited your quote to say that Porky would be the best choice for a third Mother character, and you replied that "he" should get the alt costumes if he's playable.
So I assumed you were referring to Porky.

Simple case of misunderstanding?
Yup probably a misunderstadning, I think that would be the best Mother representation Sakurai could give, although it's pretty unlikely.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There really should have been an event match in Melee, where Ness faces off against Mewtwo. It would have confirmed the fan theory.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Ness already has an alt costume for Ninten... its called Ness :laugh:

Seriously though, they look so similar they could be interchanged. In fact, I've heard that most people assume Ninten is Ness' father, due to similar appearance and (if I remember correctly) Ness' bar being handed down to him. The creator of Mother said it is up for interpretation, as Ness' father, I believe, is unknown.

@ Pacack Pacack I meant to say Big Boo, not King Boo. I realized they arent the same.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of Event Matches, those need to really come back. And I'm not talking about the dinky ones from Brawl.

There ain't nothing like Event 51. With Jigglypuff.

Also, unlocking Ganondorf that way was really cool.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I dont know about you guys, but I hope we get extensive event matches this time around. Brawls was somewhat lackluster, although I did like the ability to change the difficulty level. I thought melee had a good amount and they were all challenging and fun, and I hope something like that returns. It was also a good and fair way to unlock characters which I thought was satisfying.

Edit: somewhat ninja'd (@ Kenith Kenith you took the words right out of my mouth.)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I dont know about you guys, but I hope we get extensive event matches this time around. Brawls was somewhat lackluster, although I did like the ability to change the difficulty level. I thought melee had a good amount and they were all challenging and fun, and I hope something like that returns. It was also a good and fair way to unlock characters which I thought was satisfying.

Edit: somewhat ninja'd (@ Kenith Kenith you took the words right out of my mouth.)
Brawl's Event Mode was one of the countless single-player modes whose potential/resources was sucked away by the SSE.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Brawl's Event Mode was one of the countless single-player modes whose potential/resources was sucked away by the SSE.
Ya I found that they werent overly challenging, and there wasnt alot. I did, however, like the idea of changing the difficulties and the option to play 2 player. If they do a healthy combination of both games event matches I will be happy.

Im hoping there are more than melee as well. I think 100 would be pretty awesome ( and very achievable)

I always seem to forget that with SSE gone, there are so many things that can be improved, not just gamr mechanics, but other features as well. Event matches is one of the modes I would love to see improved, and with SSE gone, it probably will (if it returns, that is.)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm pretty sure most or all of the Solo modes from Brawl will return.

The one I'm interested in is Adventure Mode. I want that back. It was a lot more fun than everyone said and liked unlocking characters in it.

That being said, playing Adventure Mode once and playing Brawl's classic mode once feel like the same amount of time.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I'm pretty sure most or all of the Solo modes from Brawl will return.

The one I'm interested in is Adventure Mode. I want that back. It was a lot more fun than everyone said and liked unlocking characters in it.

That being said, playing Adventure Mode once and playing Brawl's classic mode once feel like the same amount of time.
With SSE gone, a melee styled adventure mode will likely come back, maybe not on the 3DS, but the Wii U (3DS has smash run.) It probably wont be exactly the same, but I would imagine there will be some kind of platforming sections between fights (which is basically all Adventure mode was, but it was really fun.)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just with there was some way for adventure mode to balance progress with replay value.

You had to complete Adventure Mode repeatedly with all the characters in Melee. Whereas SSE only has to be beaten once, but is really long. I would like a nice balance between the two.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Since a SSE like mode will probably not be back, i hope they bring back the charm to the other solo modes that was missing in brawl, a unique break the target stage for each character, bring back race to the finish and the trophy minigame, maybe adding some new ones as well, make characters fun to unlock with modes like adventure and well thought out event matches and actually hide some of them well, like mr. game and watch in melee. Boss rush was also pretty good but i'm not sure how could it work here.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
All I want is for classic mode to be RANDOM.

**** Brawl's classic mode. It was so boring and crap.

EDIT: OK, I want Event Matches to be more like Melee's as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Showdown 2 Please. Just bring back Mewtwo and confirm Ganondorf and we're good to go.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I want some sort of Mac vs DK in the boxing ring event.

Except the catch is...hitstun is decreased and the match is decided by whoever gets knocked down three times first. That's it. GO

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So... what's everyone's opinion on Jigglypuff?

Last edited:

Aeolia

Smash Cadet
If there isn't an event match where DK and Little Mac fight I will be very disappointed, and if event matches are gone they better be replaced with a new mode of epic proportions.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
So... what's everyone's opinion on Jigglypuff?
I think she's definitely in. She's always been Smash's primary "strong air game weak ground game" character, and she finally got an opposite in Mac. (Although more extreme.)

Add to the fact that relevancy has been shot down by Ike in terms of veterans, her seniority and uniqueness, there's really no reason to cut her.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I think she's definitely in. She's always been Smash's primary "strong air game weak ground game" character, and she finally got an opposite in Mac. (Although more extreme.)

Add to the fact that relevancy has been shot down by Ike in terms of veterans, her seniority and uniqueness, there's really no reason to cut her.
Speaking of Mac, anyone ever notice how ZSSamus and Little Mac are like the Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan of Smash Bros. now?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Well, relevancy was never really a valid argument against her, I think, considering she's just as relevant (if not more so due to her new Fairy typing) as she was during Brawl's time.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Speaking of Mac, anyone ever notice how ZSSamus and Little Mac are like the Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan of Smash Bros. now?
ZSS doesn't do Taek Won Do, so not really.

That makes me think though, we should get a TKD character. Screw Pac Man, have this guy as Namco's rep.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
@ Bedoop Bedoop she's most likely been cut.
Doubt it.
She'll probably be leaked, just like she was in every other Smash game.

At this point the only cuts I'm seeing from Brawl to Smash U/3DS are Squirtle and Ivysaur. Snake could be in this boat too, but due to recent information being shared I'm beginning to heavily doubt that.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
There are new sleeping animations in smash 4, as shown by a bellosom pic. Now, why bother to go and make that, and CUT the character that puts people to sleep?

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
I don't like her, but I don't see a good reason to cut her as of now. Unless it's between her and Mewtwo due to time constraints.
I'd Say Jiggs should come before mewtwo and I'll explain why.
1. She (or he who knows really) would appeal to the little girl audience because of her cuteness and pink colour. I remember my little sister would only play puffkins and Peach back in the melee days.
2. Her moves might not be that original, but mewtwo's melee moves are even less. Granted we had both Samus and mewtwo with a charge shot, but melee is known for clones. Besides Lucario has absorbed a few of mewtwo's moves, not that much but still, some of those moves like up B are similar in feel even if not so graphically. I dont really see any reason why any mewtwo players couldn't just use Lucario Instead. Us Young Link mains have moved on, I think it's time for Mewtwo mains to so so as well. You could say Toon Link took Young Link's place in the same way Lucario took Mewtwo's place.
3. Too many pokemons, I think it comes down to only one or the other, not both. And despite Mewtwo's great fanbase, Jiggs has a bigger one both at home and competitively.
4. It just feels like the right thing to do. I would use Mewtwo over Jiggs any day, but Mewtwo just dosent't fit in the game. He's a legendairy, he's not supposed to get killed by a pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom