• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Pac-Man's weight will sort of depend on the direction the developers are going to take him.

But it's just another factor in the whole equation.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=creute

You're not the only one who thinks so :p

And I just looked for a suitable example. I'd seen it before and it came to mind.

This better? He actually uses the eyebrows, so they disappear for some expressions (unlike the Ghostly Adventures' kitty ears).
Yeah I would like this. I hate it how his eyebrows are never used for emotions in the show, so this would be nice.
So those triangular bumps are just going to sit there?
I knew someone would say this. And no, I consider them part of the eyebrows, so they would be gone as well.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I have to say, after finding this picture

I don't think I'd mind the version on the left nearly as much as I thought I would

the one on the right still makes me retch

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I do really like the Pac-Man Party design (it's also used in Street Fighter X Tekken I believe)

It actually resembles an expressive video game mascot, as opposed to an uncanny round Sponge-Bob.

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Can't they just give Pacman his new design and his old Pacman world design as an alternate costume, so everyone can be happy ? They don't seem that different so it should be pretty easy, isn't it ?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I do really like the Pac-Man Party design (it's also used in Street Fighter X Tekken I believe)

It actually resembles an expressive video game mascot, as opposed to an uncanny round Sponge-Bob.

Not quite. The SF x T Pacman has gloves and looks more...serial killer-ish.

Can't they just give Pacman his new design and his old Pacman world design as an alternate costume, so everyone can be happy ? They don't seem that different so it should be pretty easy, isn't it ?
That's the problem. They're too similar. They might be difficult to tell apart at a glance.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
My main concern with Pac-Man is how he will play out.

Which is hard to say considering Pac-Man is one of those characters that could do varies things and it would still be believable.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I actually came up with a good idea for a Pac-Man playstyle that may please everyone.

So we get Pac-Man's Party design or SFxT. Instead of solely chomping (although he still does) he uses items from classic arcade games. I feel like with the flags and such, Sakurai would have no problem getting rights to Galaga or Dig Dug (heck, he already has Galaga).

For example, Pac grabs onto the Galaga ship to recover, or uses Dig Dug's thingy as a tether recovery.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't get it,what could we have missed?

Calculating and Analyzing Pac-Man's original to new model seems a bit out of touch for the both of them.

And when we combine them together,something seems out of place.

This makes my brain cramp.
I actually came up with a good idea for a Pac-Man playstyle that may please everyone.
So we get Pac-Man's Party design or SFxT. Instead of solely chomping (although he still does) he uses items from classic arcade games. I feel like with the flags and such, Sakurai would have no problem getting rights to Galaga or Dig Dug (heck, he already has Galaga).
For example, Pac grabs onto the Galaga ship to recover, or uses Dig Dug's thingy as a tether recovery.
So,you use an already existing item as a recovery?
Try again.

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Honestly, I could care less about which design they use for Pac-Man if he does get in. My only real concern is that I don't think he's a very hypable character at all, especially for a third party.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Honestly, I could care less about which design they use for Pac-Man if he does get in. My only real concern is that I don't think he's a very hypable character at all, especially for a third party.
You're just in a hardcore Smash speculation environment. :cool:
Outside of Smashboards (and the internet), he's very hypable.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm positive that the casual crowd would be pleased by Pac-Man.
This basically.

I'm sure some of the lesser Smash fans wonder why an iconic character like Pac-Man isn't in there already.
Along with Mickey Mouse and Goku, but whatever, you get the point.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
The appearance of Pacman in the end wont really matter, IMO. I mean we have Villager who looks a lot like a serial killer, and we love em. Whats wrong with another one?

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
You're just in a hardcore Smash speculation environment. :cool:
Outside of Smashboards (and the internet), he's very hypable.
I'm positive that the casual crowd would be pleased by Pac-Man.
I'm honestly not so sure. I'm trying to be more open-minded to the idea, but I just don't find him very interesting as a Smash Brother. I think makes complete sense, and deserves to get in, but I just don't think he'll be very fun to play as in comparison to the other characters.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I'm honestly not so sure. I'm trying to be more open-minded to the idea, but I just don't find him very interesting as a Smash Brother. I think makes complete sense, and deserves to get in, but I just don't think he'll be very fun to play as in comparison to the other characters.
I would have to disagree. I find some of the funnest characters to play have very simple designs and movesets. Ike comes to mind, hes not overly original in appearance, and his moves arent very special, but he is incredibly satisfying to use.

Granted, Pacman in the end may not be very fun to play as, but im pretty excited to play as all the new additions as they appear to be quite exciting and fresh. Hopefully Pacman is as well and im confident he will be judging on what weve gotten so far.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
With all due respect, Sonic isn't very interesting as a Smash Brother either.
Eh, yeah, he isn't very interesting, either, really, but I think Sonic is in a league of his own, and feels the least "Third-Party" of them all. I dunno. I just feel like people could only get excited cause he's Pac-Man, and then it'd blow over because he'd be a boring newcomer and third party. Or at least, he would be to me.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Eh, yeah, he isn't very interesting, either, really, but I think Sonic is in a league of his own, and feels the least "Third-Party" of them all. I dunno. I just feel like people could only get excited cause he's Pac-Man, and then it'd blow over because he'd be a boring newcomer and third party. Or at least, he would be to me.
I personally think that Sonic and Mega Man both feel like 1st party characters.
They have enough history with Nintendo and fit in so incredibly well.
Like it or not, Pac fits this criteria also. And he's even MORE iconic than Mega Man and probably Sonic even.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Like it or not, Pac fits this criteria also. And he's even MORE iconic than Mega Man and probably Sonic even.
Eh, I was mostly referring to Sonic's legendary rivalry with Mario. Like I said, I think Pac-Man makes sense, and is deserving, but I just can't see Pac-Man hype lasting for very long.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Basically how I feel about the situation, but realistically I think that should be all 3rd party characters that are included. Obviously Snake was an exception, but I feel any more viable choices have a really strong connection to Nintendo, such as Layton, Bomberman, Simon Belmont, etc.

I think Megaman feels more first party due to his classic design, which was a staple to NES. Even the X design would feel very Nintendo-like. Sonic I guess is quirky like a Nintendo character, and was literally designed as the "Mario of Sega," so there are some similarities, not to mention the old rivalries they had.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It was Brawl.

That is all.
In Brawl's defense, we got characters like Olimar, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, and Meta Knight.
All very fun and unique.

It's not like Melee didn't have clones and bland characters either.

And I personally like Sonic as he is, I was just making an observation.
Anything more would feel out of place and un-Sonic-like.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Brawl easily had the best roster. Wario, Diddy, DDD, Snake and Olimar all had great core moveset designs.

Too bad about the actual balancing.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
In Brawl's defense, we got characters like Olimar, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, and Meta Knight.
All very fun and unique.

It's not like Melee didn't have clones and bland characters either.

And I personally like Sonic as he is, I was just making an observation.
Anything more would feel out of place and un-Sonic-like.
No, it the lackluster handling in general in Brawl.

Also Sonic was sort of rushed, which just adds to the problems.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
My view of Sonic and his series in general has been ruined for me due to a friend/acquaintance's antics. I've never been against him being in Brawl, but let's just say if we don't get a sonic newcomer I won't be shedding any tears.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
With all due respect, Sonic isn't very interesting as a Smash Brother either.
He wasnt unbearable or anything, just a lot of redundancy with his moves. Mostly too many spin attacks. I think that was mainly due to him being rushed into the game. If they just change a couple moves he will be fine. For example, change his dash attack to the flame ring and his down b to the bounce both from Sonic Adventure 2. Thats just off the top of my head.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
My view of Sonic and his series in general has been ruined for me due to a friend/acquaintance's antics. I've never been against him being in Brawl, but let's just say if we don't get a sonic newcomer I won't be shedding any tears.
Trust me, I don't think anybody will except CliffJumper and half of Miiverse.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Im more worried about pac moveset than his design to be honest.
I saw some guy posting some tongue moves and im not sure if i should react with a "yay :yoshi64:" or a "nay :c".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom