• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
:popo::ness2::falcon::sheik::gw::lucas::rob::rob::jigglypuff::pit:(Pre-Brawl)
This is a fighting game first Blue, characters with unique traits would naturally go into consideration first.
Would explain why Triple Deluxe's release date is in Gamestop's system.

bUT 2PM PACIFIC I'LL BE IN CLASS NOOOO....
I see, but I still think the Chrom+Lucina duo will be considered, I personally think it's more unique than Robin's standard magic.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Thank you, but I saw it when I made my post and edited it to reflect my opinion more. But I appreciate you giving me a source too!
I see, but I still think the Chrom+Lucina duo will be considered, I personally think it's more unique than Robin's standard magic.
The concept people have with Robin is that he can be a stance character and alternate between using magic and swordplay. Essentially giving him something close to two movesets in one character.

Sounds pretty unique to me.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
If you want Robin to be more unique, he should have a more strategic playstyle, where he uses his tomes as attacks for means of strategy. Somewhat similar to Snake. That's who he is.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The direct being tomorrow screws up my mental plan of Diddy being revealed tomorrow and the newcomer near the end of the month, hypothetically.

Who do you guys think it would be? Logically, it would be Dixie Kong, but I hope not.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
The direct being tomorrow screws up my mental plan of Diddy being revealed tomorrow and the newcomer near the end of the month, hypothetically.

Who do you guys think it would be? Logically, it would be Dixie Kong, but I hope not.
Diddy Kong, then a Dixie-Kiddy duo.

With K Rool at the end of the month.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hm. A Direct. Interesting.

I'm thinking we'll get a Newcomer, but because it's the release date of Tropical Freeze, I was assuming we'd get Diddy automatically. However, if it's Dixie, that could make it a double reveal. Diddy as a normal update, with Dixie by Direct.

As long as they don't make them into a tag team...

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Good to hear there is a Direct as somewhat predicted. Am going to bet on Diddy Kong and a DKCR stage reveal. I really doubt we'll get two characters.

Looking on the bright side of things, we could get a newcomer and get a Diddy reveal next week with the NA launch (you never know, and I guess because Retro is based in the US?).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm excited because there hasn't been a Direct without a character thus far.

6/11/13 - Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer (For E3)
8/7/13 - Luigi (For Year of Luigi)
10/1/13 - Sonic (For Lost World)
12/18/13 - Rosalina (For Super Mario 3D World)

So we're definitely getting something.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
In all honesty, I would LOVE IT if they took an unexpected turn and revealed a totally different newcomer instead of Diddy, I feel like Direct's are better suited for a new character's spotlight. Who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman

I hope we get a newcomer, and I'm afraid that we'll only get Diddy (like Luigi's direct).

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
In all honesty, I would LOVE IT if they took an unexpected turn and revealed a totally different newcomer instead of Diddy, I feel like Direct's are better suited for a new character's spotlight. Who knows, we'll have to wait and see.
I'd love to see them announce Yoshi, I feel that with the inevitable Year of Yoshi, they'll just reveal Yoshi instead of Diddy, thus killing lots of leaks!

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
On the other hand, it's doubtful that Nintendo would pass up the opportunity to advertise/market Tropical Freeze even more, which a Diddy+DK Newcomer announcement would most certainly do.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I hope we get a newcomer, and I'm afraid that we'll only get Diddy (like Luigi's direct).
- Diddy Kong appears in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.
- The Nintendo Direct will likely promote Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- We have seen new characters in Nintendo Directs
- We have mostly seen old characters in Nintendo Directs

Result: Diddy Kong will be revealed in the Nintendo Direct to promote Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Tomorrrow is Diddy day then huh? Look out for his down B!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
- Diddy Kong appears in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Result: Diddy Kong will be revealed in the Nintendo Direct to promote Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Did I miss anything?
Yeah, Sakurai is unpredictable.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If this Direct is real then I'm placing my bets on Palutena or Takamaru being revealed (if not Mach Rider)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, Sakurai is unpredictable.
- Sakurai is unpredictable

Result: PacMan will be revealed in the Nintendo Direct because Sakurai being predictable trumps everything.

Fix'd.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh how I would like to see Palutena. That would be great.

However, I'm getting the vibe we'll get Diddy. Hopefully not with Dixie though. I would get real sad and sob in a corner for the rest of my shift at work.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well, Sorcerers in Fire Emblem can use Wind. (just found out as I bought the game last weekend) So that's certainly new. I mean different magic is certainly more unique than Sword + 2.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh how I would like to see Palutena. That would be great.

However, I'm getting the vibe we'll get Diddy. Hopefully not with Dixie though. I would get real sad and sob in a corner for the rest of my shift at work.
That is sad but also funny because I'm picture you as Booker sobbing like a girl in a cubicle.

Sakurai zigs when you think he'll zag.
Sometimes he even does a barrel roll.

Wolf confirmed for tomorrow?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
A Sheik/duo mechanic of Diddy & Dixie certainly has a good chance you know. Especially when there aren't many choices of characters to implement into other characters.

And then we can get Dixie AND K. Rool. How bout that!

I would put a duo of them as an icon on my character prediction bar, but I have Dixie and Diddy already exists. So I see no reason to.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hey everyone, I am back and ready to discuss.
Hmmm.... a direct? Interesting.

Wow! I didn't even notice this. This is pretty interesting. I am almost certain we will be getting a Diddy Kong reveal in it.
This brings up the possibility I believe of a Diddy & Dixie team.

If Diddy is revealed tomorow, does that completely blow away the possibility of a Dixie tag-team?
I see it going to ways if there is a team, and a Diddy reveal tomorrow.

1. Diddy is revealed by himself, with no mention of Dixie, since Dixie would be a Sheik-like swapping character. OR Diddy is revealed in a trailer, and Dixie comes in later in the trailer showing to be on a team with Diddy.

2. They are both revealed, and they function similar to the Ice Climbers, but may have a captain-swapping technique which changes the move set.

Thoughts anyone?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
A Diddy & Dixie Duo would not surprise me in the slightest if revealed tomorrow. Given Diddy hasn't been revealed yet and this is a newcomer direct on the same date as Tropical Freeze.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
A Sheik/duo mechanic of Diddy & Dixie certainly has a good chance you know. Especially when there aren't many choices of characters to implement into other characters.

And then we can get Dixie AND K. Rool. How bout that!
I second that notion.

I don't see many reasons why Dixie SHOULDN'T be on a team with Diddy.
Allegedly, Sakurai wanted to have Diddy and Dixie as a tag-team in Brawl shown by some code found in the games files, along with some other characters he didn't add most likely due to time constraints. If Sakurai had an idea that he liked, and couldn't implement it in Brawl, and nothing is stopping him from adding it in Smash 4, why wouldn't he add it now?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually tomorrow we're getting Waluigi. Why?

Well, Sakurai was planning on formally revealing Yoshi with a revamped and awesome moveset, but as Yoshi enters the frame, Waluigi knocks him away, beginning Waluigi's rushed reveal trailer.

Then they appear simultaneously on the website, and Yoshi's artwork depicts him crying.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The direct's tomorrow?

I SO CALLED THAT!

anyways, maybe both diddy and a newcomer? maybe diddy and dixie (spereate characters) could be confirmed at the same time.

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman
just found out that a nintendo direct is airing tomorrow but tomorrow was supposedly the day Diddy was going to be revealed does that dramatically increase the chances of him and dixie being paired together or am I just being parniod

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ah, crap. It's only a western direct. Not to mention it shows a picture of a 3DS. Sorry, guys. No newcomer. :crying:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Iwata is going to play a trailer. Gameplay is shown of Diddy Kong in Super Smash Bros along with a new Tropical Freeze stage. It will only last for about 15 seconds, everyone will be disappointed, and it will go to the credits... Until the screen freezes, and out pops King K. Rool, showing off his new redesign in Tropical Freeze; the trailer becomes all about him. Not only is King K. Rool confirmed for Super Smash Bros but also as a secret character in Tropical Freeze. BKupa breaks down into tears, Hoots nods approvingly, GAF crashes, and we all go to bed happy -- except for Gamefaqs.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
if yoshi did get revealed tomorrow for whatever reason, like some people are expecting, doesn't that mean we might expect a yoshi newcomer announced at the release date of yoshi's new island?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom