• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
So...with MUCH thought, I made an "expected" roster. This roster is a bit different from the norm as it involves DLC characters. I also used the Sal leak or whatever it's referred as in order to fill in spots. I'll explain a few of the questionable picks after you look at the roster. Here it is:

View attachment 13943

As I stated earlier, I used the Sal leak to fill in some spots. I know the leaker said "Chorus Men" however we all know that Sakurai said he had trouble with Ice Climbers a duo, but with Rosalina and Luma it's quite obvious that the duo problem has been fixed. I can't possibly imagine Sakurai saying, "Well guys, we found a way to make a duo work...now let's figure out a trio." It just seems impossible. Not to forget that this is the same leaker who used the terms "Animal Crossing Guy" and "Pokemon from X and Y" to say Villager and Greninja so it's very possible that the leaker meant Marshall but used "Chorus Men."

King K Rool, Isaac, Krystal and Takamaru were not on the leaker's list but the same can be said for the already confirmed Rosalina and Luma so the possibility of the leaker not knowing other newcomers is very possible and these 4 are the most likely newcomers. K Rool as he appears to be the fan favorite and most wanted. Isaac, in similar fashion to Little Mac, was heavily requested for Brawl but was reduced to an unlockable Assist trophy. It appears that Little Mac will be a starting character and in Brawl he was a starting AT, so it's possible that Issac being an unlockable AT in Brawl is an unlockable character in Smash 4. Krystal has the pattern of Sakurai adding a new StarFox character every game and with many fans wanting Krystal to show off some character diversity from StarFox...so she seems likely. It also seems like a fan consensus that Takamaru is the most likely Retro addition.

There are four 3rd party characters on the roster and for good reason. With Namco working on the game, it would seem odd if Sakurai left off arguably the second most recognizable videogame icon, Pacman. Now Bayonetta has the last spot for obvious reason. Nintendo owns the exclusive rights to Bayonetta 2 plus the fact that Sakurai did visit Platinum Studios and we all know that he didn't have to do that for Wonderful 101 as Nintendo owns that IP as well as the recent miiverse post showing of Wonder Red as a trophy. I doubt he went over there for trophy designs! Also, what better way to promote Bayonetta 2 than putting her in Smash. And they can put her in without having her clothes stripping off to attack (kinda the same way how they made sure Snake didn't use guns.)

Finally, let me explain the bottom line of characters. I'm 100% sure we will be getting downloadable characters and I'm near positive the first one will be Mewtwo. I say this because what way will Sakurai be able to hype up the Wii U version when it comes out months after the 3DS version? Smash's main appeal are the characters. I doubt a new game mode would be enough to really hype it up so it would need something BIG and what would be bigger than Mewtwo? I also think this will be a way to hold off on certain newcomers as well as give Sakurai and his dev team more time to alter the semi-clones who really need to be better differentiated from the originals that they clone. The only reason Toon Link can be left out of that equation is due to his game physic being VERY different from Link's, though I wish his specials were different. Ike is in the DLC as is seems to be a pattern to have the new FE rep replace the old, but Ike has an original moveset so he could and most likely will comeback that way, Roy is also very possible for DLC.

Anyways, this is pretty much what I honestly think will happen.

Oh yeah, let me address Ridley. I've seen a lot of people say Ridley can still be playable since Sakurai didn't show Ridley's full body. Can that be possible? Yes. However, no one mentions the fact that Sakurai was using the Wii U version to showoff everything with the exception of 3DS exclusives like the 3DS stages and Smash Run. So with the Wii U version nowhere near as complete as the 3DS version it is very possible that Ridley's development as a boss wasn't anywhere near complete like the Yellow Devil. So I lean more towards Ridley NOT being playable.
Krystal over Falco? Heck yes.
I could see Mewtwo being DLC. More people would buy it unlike say Jigglypuff were DLC. It's all about the $$$
:cool:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Not until you get shot like the Duck Hunt Dog, Scrappy.
I actually liked Scrappy as a kid.

Krystal over Falco? Heck yes.
I could see Mewtwo being DLC. More people would buy it unlike say Jigglypuff were DLC. It's all about the $$$
:cool:
Krystal won't get in over Falco. Get away from your bong, hippie :troll:
I like Krystal but not enough for the dispense of Falco.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Just because they are icons in Global Smash Power (Which was probably a likely situation and it has been done in Brawl before), doesn't mean it deconfirms them.
Find Mii having their own icon was probably something Sakurai just wanted to be represented as their own icons.
Find Mii is a whole separate universe as well - they are not canonically the same as standard Miis.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I actually liked Scrappy as a kid.

Krystal won't get in over Falco. Get away from your bong, hippie :troll:
I like Krystal but not enough for the dispense of Falco.
Well, I personally despise Falco so if Krystal were to replace him I'd be ok with that. I don't think it'll happen but it's not completely out of the realm.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I could imagine Sakurai trolling even in DLC.

Jigglypuff is the highest price of DLC Characters.
But nobody but collecters figure out that she got an extreme buff-up.

Fulgore 4 Smash
If only...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Find Mii is a whole separate universe as well - they are not canonically the same as standard Miis.
Find Mii is still a very Mii-centric game, which is what matters most in this case. The Miis really don't have a definite series like other characters do, only games that star them. Find Mii is a game built around Miis. It makes perfect sense for it to share an icon with the Miis if they're playable, especially since it would be the best choice for a home stage for them.

Just because they are icons in Global Smash Power (Which was probably a likely situation and it has been done in Brawl before), doesn't mean it deconfirms them.
Find Mii having their own icon was probably something Sakurai just wanted to be represented as their own series.
Obviously it's not a complete de-confirmation. However, just because it isn't one doesn't mean it can just be overlooked. It's still the Miis appearing in the game in a role that isn't playable. It's something of a strike against them.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"Waaah, people hate the Mii for no reason!! The Almighty Sakurai will razzle-dazzle them with his genius brain!!!"

No, people hate the Mii for quite valid reasons. Some people like originality, like not swinging sports props and generic controllable hand recoveries. Some people like character development time more evenly allocated, rather than wasted giving the Mii multiple weight configurations. Some people would like not to play against Hitlers and male genitalia offline, and Joe Schmoe caricatures online. Some people would prefer their "rich history" be represented through stages, items, and music, but not a character.

Just because they're almost 100% in because of Sal doesn't mean anyone has to be a smug presumptuous sycophant about it.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
"Waaah, people hate the Mii for no reason!! The Almighty Sakurai will razzle-dazzle them with his genius brain!!!"

No, people hate the Mii for quite valid reasons. Some people like originality, like not swinging sports props and generic controllable hand recoveries. Some people like character development time more evenly allocated, rather than wasted giving the Mii multiple weight configurations. Some people would like not to play against Hitlers and male genitalia offline, and Joe Schmoe caricatures online. Some people would prefer their "rich history" be represented through stages, items, and music, but not a character.

Just because they're almost 100% in because of Sal doesn't mean anyone has to be a smug presumptuous sycophant about it.
Um, the Mii could perhaps be a generic one like the Menu shows in Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, or Miis could not be used online. Ever think of that, hmmm?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I won't really count out the possibility of "Sakurai making them razzle-dazzle with his genius mind". He has given a lot more importance to movesets this time.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Um, the Mii could perhaps be a generic one like the Menu shows in Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, or Miis could not be used online. Ever think of that, hmmm?
That's a flaw,it has to be more specific for one reason.

Sure,you don't want your inappropiate Mii to be shown to random strangers,but what about your Friends? They won't give two ****s what it looks like. I would say Mii's to be off the Online w/anyone rosters,but can be used on FC ones.

Wait,you CAN still use FC's,right?

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Well, I won't really count out the possibility of "Sakurai making them razzle-dazzle with his genius mind". He has given a lot more importance to movesets this time.
Unless I misunderstood you, I would like to agree but Luigi and Toon Link seem to still be semi-clones yet they both have plenty of potential to be unique.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That's a flaw,it has to be more specific for one reason.

Sure,you don't want your inappropiate Mii to be shown to random strangers,but what about your Friends? They won't give two ****s what it looks like. I would say Mii's to be off the Online w/anyone rosters,but can be used on FC ones.
For Fun - Usable.
For Glory - Unusable.

Happy now?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Unless I misunderstood you, I would like to agree but Luigi and Toon Link seem to still be semi-clones yet they both have plenty of potential to be unique.
True point.

Luigi can do other things different things unlike Mario,take the Thunder Hand for example

Then the same thing is with Toon Link,the four rods of fire,ice,tornado,and sand.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'd rather be able to use the Mii anywhere. If there's a character on the roster, I don't want to be held back because inconsiderate people online use inappropriate Miis. I don't even care for Miis but if I grow to like their moveset and like playing as them, I'd be disappointed if I couldn't use them online with anyone.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yes, actually, and that would still be awful in my opinionl. A generic Mii would defeat the purpose of adding a Mii in the first place, and I don't want to play against Hitler Miis offline, either.

My point is that some of Sakurai's fans are ridiculously obnoxious in their defense of the man and his character choices. Sal could leak that a steaming dump were playable and they would instantly cry out that "everyone will love the steaming dump, don't worry, he'll surprise you with his uniqueness, the uniqueness I of course won't tell you a bloody thing about, but you'll see, just as long as I repeat myself enough times!" So long as the steaming dump didn't actually have fans, that is, since that would go against their hipster personas of only wanting characters no one wants.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Luigi actually has a lot of differences from Mario, to the point that point that calling him a semi-clone is a bit of a stretch. About Toon Link, I think that Link will be one who will get changed instead, since Link was really bad tier-wise in Brawl, while Toon Link was okay.

More to the point, I think Luigi and Toon Link got away with it largely because they're veterans, and Sakurai has avoided drastic changes to any of them.

Looking at how the other newcomers have turned out, I'm quite confident that Miis will have a creative moveset, if they make the cut.
For Fun - Usable.
For Glory - Unusable.

Happy now?
It's unfair to the people who main Miis.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here's another thought of mine: moveset-wise, the Miis can do nothing that Waluigi cannot also do while simultaneously being a million times more charming, and also a million times less destructive to the game's integrity.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm still bothered that Toon Link's moveset wasn't altered at all. Wind Waker had all sorts of unique weapons that could have been implemented to differentiate from regular Link, such as the Deku Leaf as a recovery, Skull Hammer as a side smash or the grappling hook as a tether. I'll end up disappointed if someone like Wolf or Lucas is cut, despite being overall less cloney.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know what? All we argue about with Mii's is customization. Just get the Neutral Male/Female outfits,get costumes with different styles in hair,skin,and shirt color,and call it a day.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here's another thought of mine: moveset-wise, the Miis can do nothing that Waluigi cannot also do while simultaneously being a million times more charming, and also a million times less destructive to the game's integrity.
Ehhh.... I'll have to say that you're taking the Mii sentiment a bit too far... I get it, you don't like the Mii's, and you really don't want to see them playable, but "Destructive to the game's integrity", really?

I'll say that Brash the Bear or Adam Malkovich would make me question the developers' intentions far more than the Mii's.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
I looked at your

Here are the probelems with your characters

Bayonetta: no just no 3 third partys is most like and whats going to happen and sakurai was only visiting platinum for a quick second he definatly was not talking about a platinum character and ofocarse sonic is sega like her so only 1 rep per third party

Takamaru: i would agree but sorry greninja just pulverizes his chances (the only way takamaru will get in at this point is due to takamaru being a luigifyed greninja)

No ridley: The Ridley for Super Smash Brothers for Wii U / 3DS Thread

The Ridley for Super Smash Brothers for Wii U / 3DS Thread go look at those please. With a cherry one top

Isaac: well yes he survived the assist trophys but im 60% sure that hes going to be a assist trophy again

Kystal: im sorry but she ruins a likely roster due to her replacing falco make her and falco wpswitch places (kystal dlc and falco non dlc then its likely)

Mewtwo: where do i begin
1# we had 6 playables in brawl not 4 so it does not stay to number with mario reps

2 # hes ben premoting stuff to the roof

3# how are you guys/girls so sure that sakurai is trying to make us think mewtwo is deconfirmed again so he less expected for a better reaction just like with ridley

4# the mega hint from the interview when the guy asked about mewtwo in ssb4 and sakurai said we are considering it

5# mewtwo was supose to be in all of the smash bros games of existance especially brawl since he was so close to complete for smash bros brawl

Everyone else fine (well can be any rythem heaven character for the marhsal spot)
I seriously don't understand the points you are trying to make with Mewtwo. The guy is on my roster so what are you arguing?

@Leafeon523

The reason I think DLC is extremely likely for Smash is due to some of Nintendo's recent games having DLC such as FE: Awakening and Mario Golf. I would have to assume that Nintendo would want to support Smash for long after it's initial release especially with the "Smash 6" story that was reported a few weeks ago. That pretty much screams DLC.

Oh yeah, I feel Snake would be the last DLC just so Nintendo can have a trailer where he says, "Kept you waiting huh" :troll:

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yes, actually, and that would still be awful in my opinionl. A generic Mii would defeat the purpose of adding a Mii in the first place, and I don't want to play against Hitler Miis offline, either.
So, not that I want to defend Miis really, but they could just lock the Mii you are using to the Mii that is tied to your Nintendo Network account. That Mii DOES represent you, so it wouldn't defeat the purpose, and it would also ensure that no offensive Miis are used (as Nintendo monitors that.)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

My point is that some of Sakurai's fans are ridiculously obnoxious in their defense of the man and his character choices. Sal could leak that a steaming dump were playable and they would instantly cry out that "everyone will love the steaming dump, don't worry, he'll surprise you with his uniqueness, the uniqueness I of course won't tell you a bloody thing about, but you'll see, just as long as I repeat myself enough times!" So long as the steaming dump didn't actually have fans, that is, since that would go against their hipster personas of only wanting characters no one wants.
For me, instead of complaining or praising the "dump," I would analyze in game material and determine whether or not the "dump" that was "leaked" is actually in the game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To better explain my method,here's my vision :

Got you a little dressing room (I guess),and you choose from what you would regularly choose,but with a catch.

1.You can not move/rotate any objects
2.The only thing you can change the size of are accessories (Glasses)

You got a list of all your skins,mouths,,and misc. items.
I chose to limit eye and nose choices through 7 Eyes (3/7 will be preferred female ones.) and 5 noses.

I also wanted to add other accessories,like a monocle or tie.
What? I want Mii's to be fabuu :troll:

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Warning Received
Oh God, Waluigi? Assist trophy is way too good for him.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Haters will die under Waluigi's thumb of fury!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom