• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I love your idea for Giovanni. Marowak would be rad.

Realistically though, I've thought if they were to have a Team Rocket additon, it'd be a generic grunt like how PT was the generic avatar and not Red. Though they may have him/her look like Jessie or James or Domino or whoever.
That being said, Meowth is a must, and the other two would likely be two iconic DARK pokemon. I'd expect some generation jumps too, like having Houndoom or Sneasel in there.

And crap, I'd give back Pikachu if they'd let us play as Gengar or Scizor. Nice job.
Dude, no, if we're getting a Grunt, it should be the Flare grunt, man! Those sweet shades!

andimidna

Smash Master
View attachment 8331
I finally finished my roster. It is both a combination of my wishlist roster along with my predction roster. 60 Characters is wishlist, not prediction.

All of the Brawl veterans return along with Mewtwo.

• Toad is a wishlist choice, I really supported Toad always having him in my Mario roster, until he was deconfirmed.
  • I find that either Dixie or K Rool would be on my prediction roster, but my wishlist roster has both of them.
  • Tetra is one of my favorite characetrs from Zelda and she is the most reoccurring side kick. I don't find two Zelda character likely, but I can see six Mairo and six Pokemon slots.
  • Takamaru is the retro choice, alogn with Lip.
  • Ridley is the second most prominent character to Metroid, second most important.
  • Palutena is highly requested in both the West and Japan.
  • Duck Hunt Dog is the historical character representing the NES Zapper, like how G+W and ROB both represent the Game and Watch and ROB respectively.
  • Waddle Dee is awesome.
  • Chibbi Robo is more a personal choice and has a new 3DS game in the Americas this year.
  • Lip because Takamaru is somewhat reason.
  • Dillon is a new IP and represents the 3DS and eShop.
  • Giovanni is a unique choice. Tactician and Chrom because I support Tactician but Chrom is more likely. So I made a unique choice and added the two of them.
  • Anna because Lucina and Lyn were both considered, but Lyn might be too similar to Takamaru and Lucina would be with Chrom or bust.
  • Little Mac, Mii, Isaac, Shulk and Wonder Red are all new series and popular.
Edit: Should I make a thread where it is an achieve of these icons?
I like your Fire Emblem choices :3, if it included my personal favorites, Tiki and Lucina, it would be the same as mine.
I like the idea of the moveset pair Chrom and Robin would bring, but I'd rather it be put on Anna and Tiki, as I see Chrom and Lucina fighting together in my head easier than any other pair. The rest seems good. It's big, but that's alright if your bringing in a lot of wish characters.
I like Impa, Midna, and Ghirahim more than Tetra and Toon Zelda, but whatever.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Red and Blue are exceptions. They went on to become part of the mythology of the series as their own characters. We were given a generic avatar in PT and not the avatar that would become Red.

It's not like they brought back Gold or Silver or May or any of those avatars/rivals and plugged them in as legendary trainers in later games. (I haven't played any since Emerald version, so if in fact they had done that, I'm unaware and feel free to craft me an idiot hat.)

I just don't like tiny eyes rolled at me
They brought rivals Cheren and Bianca back in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. One of them had become the professor's assistant while the other became a gym leader and recurring character in the plot.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I choose Giovanni because with Pokemon Trainer, they represent the four main 'classes'. Evil teams, players/rivals, champions and gym leaders.

Meowth was a given for Giovanni's Pokemon.

I choose Marowak because it is a ground type, and Giovanni does use it. The evolutionary line is part of the story mode of the Kanto games, and they are associated with Team Rocket.
I choose Nidoqueen because she is one of Giovanni's most icconic Pokemon. She has appeared in the manga. She is also used in the most battles out of all of Giovanni's Pokemon.

A lot fo Pokemon could be used, but these three go with Giovanni's character more.

Also, should I make a thread where I have an achieve of the icons I made?

Also, if I needed to cut the roster down to fifty, the following characetrs would be cut

Toad
Dixie Kong or K Rool
Anna
Chibbi Robo
Giovanni
Tetra
Lip, Takamaru or Duck Hunt Dog
Dillon or Wonder Red
Isaac or Shulk
and Waddle Dee

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Speaking of pokemon characters...Please tell me I'm not the only one here who knows this guy:

I know the possibilities of him being in the next game are slim to none, so he definitely would be unexpected. The only chance of him being in is if the game he's in is remade though.

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Dude, no, if we're getting a Grunt, it should be the Flare grunt, man! Those sweet shades!
Meh. You can have your shades. I'll keep my Gen 1/2 biases.

They brought rivals Cheren and Bianca back in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. One of them had become the professor's assistant while the other became a gym leader and recurring character in the plot.
Yeah, that's way beyond where I stopped paying attention. But it makes sense to have continuations from Black and White to Black 2 and White 2. No other set of games has done anything like that yet.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Speaking of pokemon characters...Please tell me I'm not the only one here who knows this guy:

I know the possibilities of him being in the next game are slim to none, so he definitely would be unexpected. The only chance of him being in is if the game he's in is remade though.
Zerochan? That's a Pokemon character?

andimidna

Smash Master

I choose you! Brokenlinkachu!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The concept of another Pokemon Trainer isn't likely if you are expecting 10-12 characters, one of which being Mewtwo.

Having a second Pokemon Trainer would bring the Pokemon series to a whopping NINE CHARACTERS. That, to me, is way too many. I get that there are a lot of Pokemon, but this is a Nintendo fighter, and series balance is important.

Not to mention the development time it would take. That's three characters for one slot, and for a gimmick/playstyle that basically already exists. I'm against it frankly.
B-but every Pokémon generation has to be represented.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The extreme sexuality that the fanbase surrounds the female anime characters with has completely turned me off to all of them.

That, and I hate the ****ing anime.

I think one Pokemon Trainer is enough. It's a unique gimmick and...not a very good one, at that.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think the Fire Emblem example would be the represent all platforms.

So if somebody were to say, that Roy should get in to represent the GBA era, that would be stupid. Same reason why Chrom getting in to represent the 3DS would be a dumb reason.

D

Deleted member

Red and Blue are exceptions. They went on to become part of the mythology of the series as their own characters. We were given a generic avatar in PT and not the avatar that would become Red.

It's not like they brought back Gold or Silver or May or any of those avatars/rivals and plugged them in as legendary trainers in later games. (I haven't played any since Emerald version, so if in fact they had done that, I'm unaware and feel free to craft me an idiot hat.)

I just don't like tiny eyes rolled at me
....you have got to be joking.

I ain't touchin' this one with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

Last edited by a moderator:

Espio264

Smash Ace
....you have got to be joking.

I ain't touchin' this one with a 39 1/2 foot pole.
Yeah. Yeah. Bring on the idiot hat.

I accept all humiliation I'm due simply because of the Grinch reference. You're a beautiful man.

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Man / Entei / Space narwhal... whatever.

I'm clearly the moron in this love triangle. Now I'm gonna go do research so that the next time I open my dumb mouth people won't think, "you know, I'm gonna throw up snarky emoticons in response to this ass hat."

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Lol, Chrom getting in to represent the 3DS. What will we hear next? :laugh:

Really, there's some FE characters that are viable choices. I really want Sakurai to choose a FE newcomer on his own, however, if IS intervenes and suggests a character, or specifically wants one, then what can we do? Though I don't think IS is as controlling as the Pokemon Company... Every passing day I get more anxious to see what's in store for the FE characters.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Enough with Generation I Pokémon reps, please. Let characters of the far better other generations shine. Instead of Giovanni, I'd choose N to represent the villains of the series (even though he isn't a villain by the end of BW). Or maybe Ghetsis, who is by far the evilest character in the series.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Enough with Generation I Pokémon reps, please. Let characters of the far better other generations shine. Instead of Giovanni, I'd choose N to represent the villains of the series (even though he isn't a villain by the end of BW). Or maybe Ghetsis, who is by far the evilest character in the series.
That doesn't change the fact that the first generation will probably always be the most iconic. Mewtwo is going to most likely be the Pokemon character we get.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That doesn't change the fact that the first generation will probably always be the most iconic. Mewtwo is going to most likely be the Pokemon character we get.
Not going to argue about that. xD Mewtwo wouldn't be a newcomer, though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Does Pichu really count? I mean he was in Melee, do you think Sakurai sees Pichu as an exception? Not that I even think Pichu will ever get in over Mewtwo.
The problem with Pichu, is that he was meant as a joke character in Melee, and wasn't planned for Brawl. He was a joke clone character, so again, he was low priority as it was, so I don't think he has a chance unless veteran DLC is implemented.

andimidna

Smash Master
But that only represents gen 1. We need the other generations. It's like saying Pikachu represents gen 6. :troll:
Anna IS Pikachu, ya fireemblemwunner.

Neither of which appear in Gaiden.
Marth, Anna, Celica confirmed

Marth
Sigurd
Roy
Ike
Chrom

Totally needs to happen.
Marth
Anna and Tiki
Robin
Ike
Chrom and Lucina

Totally needs to happen.

The extreme sexuality that the fanbase surrounds the female anime characters with has completely turned me off to all of them.

That, and I hate the ****ing anime.

I think one Pokemon Trainer is enough. It's a unique gimmick and...not a very good one, at that.
It's a ten-year-old girl showing her stomach and arms, I don't see it as extreme sexuality.... do you? :surprised:
How is Pokemon Trainer not awesome? It's the only way we'll be able to play as Charizard, Squirtle, AND Ivysaur. I like them all, and was so hyped when I first saw Ivysaur, I love random inclusions that make no sense until they happen.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Who would be your favorite "probably impossible" character from Fire Emblem to be playable in SSB4?

Mine would probably be Owain from Awakening.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Who would be your favorite "probably impossible" character from Fire Emblem to be playable in SSB4?

Mine would probably be Owain from Awakening.
Let's just say I would be "another happy customer" if the character of my choice got in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom