• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't see how you can just say he's not a stage hazard because we don't know if he is or isn't. I mean, that's silly.

To think, all those months ago I jokingly predicted Ridley could end up a stage hazard, and how the community would react; yet, there was a glimmer of truth. My personal opinion is he won't be playable. The door might be open for Dark Samus as some sort of conciliatory recognition towards those who've been asking for a new Metroid character, but if that were to happen I cannot begin to imagine the crap storm that will rage. It would dwarf R.O.B, Lucario and Wolf combined; even if she was incredibly unique and an all around good character. My guy says Sakurai would just leave the series alone. He already counts Zero Suit Samus as a second Metroid character, so things might be straight in his eyes.
I agree for the most part. What do you think of K Rool?

I have a strong feeling that F-Zero and Krystal are getting skipped over as well.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Um, Zelda or Metroid hopefully. I swear if it's a Mario game I'll be furious, although a Mario Galaxy 3 kinda okay.

Imagine a Wii U Kid Icarus, or maybe just that new franchise Miyamoto was working on!

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I don't see how you can just say he's not a stage hazard because we don't know if he is or isn't. I mean, that's silly.
It's called hope.

I can't believe you can just gloss over his chances because "eh Pyrosphere looks like it would have Ridley as a hazard" and "Sakurai said that he'd probably be hard to make that one time when we don't even know if he had considered it before". I'm assuming you're not a fan of the character in general.

Ridley has a lot more going for him than people give him credit for. As I said before, there's literally no reason Sakurai has to not add him, especially since "just leaving Metroid alone" would be idiotic. Metroid has tons to offer. I'm certainly not trying to attack you or anything, so I hope you don't get that vibe, but us Ridley fans have to put up with a lot of crap. It kinda stings to see someone just nonchalantly say "Yeah, no, I don't really see it" without giving a substantial reason (of which there are none).

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I CTRL+F'ed "3D World" on the link and got nothing. That doesn't mean anything, though.
well, yeah. if you go to the social thread there might be more information.

here's the place for character discussion anyways, sorry this led to off-topic discussion.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
That's a terrible comparison, Anakin became Darth Vader by choice, not by being possessed. Robin is the vessel of Grima born from a pure bloodline, he didn't become Grima because he chose that path, it was forced upon him in the original and FoD timelines. Otherwise, he completely resists him in the main timeline as well as pulls a "screw you" to Grima in the FoD timeline when finally given the chance.

Essentially, the relationship of Grima to Robin is more like Julius from Geneaology of the Holy War or Nayru being possessed by Veran. In neither case is the character possessed the villain, the villain is the one in control of their body.
I see your point. Doesn't mean I like it, but let's agree to disagree shall we?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well I most of the "rumours" have been leading to an English release of the 3D Classic Nazo no Muramase Jou, and then there's that other rumor, in which it mentions Kaeru no Tame ni Wa Naru getting a new game, but it didn't really specify which franchise it was, but it was a retro newcomer that he mentioned getting an "ala KI:U."

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
View attachment 8318
I've got a brand new roster...
Feel free to discuss. Got rid of Black Shadow for now, sorry @GoldenYuiitusin. He doesn't bring much new to the table.
why not add goroh then?
Well I most of the "rumours" have been leading to an English release of the 3D Classic Nazo no Muramase Jou, and then there's that other rumor, in which it mentions Kaeru no Tame ni Wa Naru getting a new game, but it didn't really specify which franchise it was, but it was a retro newcomer that he mentioned getting an "ala KI:U."
Sakuri did say he wanted to bring back a series after he's done with smash 4. wonder what that is?

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
If he was a part of the stage we would have seen him by now.
Who did we see Day 1 on the Nintendogs Stage?
A Nintendog.
Who did we see Day 1 on the Find Mii Stage?
The Dark Emperor.
Who did we see Day 1 on the Mega Man Stage?
Yellow Devil (His role as a stage hazard wasn't officially confirmed until much later, but we saw him day one).

If something is going to play as a large part of the stage, it is shown off as soon as the stage is shown. So if Ridley is supposed to be this important Stage Hazard, why has it taken nearly a half a year to even mention it? It makes no sense.

View attachment 8318
Feel free to discuss. Got rid of Black Shadow for now, sorry @GoldenYuiitusin. He doesn't bring much new to the table.
Fifty characters? Neat.
Characters on the roster make sense and that's all I can really ask for. More Muddy support is always good!

Last edited:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I agree for the most part. What do you think of K Rool?

I have a strong feeling that F-Zero and Krystal are getting skipped over as well.
Surprisingly, I think K. Rool has a really good chance. He's had consistent, all around support that stretches back to Brawl. The only argument that seems to stick against him is his absence in Returns; but judging how Retro has tailored Tropical Freeze for the series' fans, I would not be surprised if K. Rool is hidden away in the game since that was a huge point of contention with Returns. Even if he is not in TF, I think he still fares better than most other characters.

F-Zero is almost definitely getting the shaft. I'm just curious what the new stage will be since Sakurai doesn't have the easy path of just porting a stage from the most recent game: there is none.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
View attachment 8318
I have a feeling Entei will have something to say about this.

Anyway its a pretty standard roster. with some muddy mole love, tbh I don't see him having a high chance.

But its an okay roster, not my ideal one, but pretty good. even though it would be cool if the mii's didn't show up. but they will....

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I have a feeling Entei will have something to say about this.

Anyway its a pretty standard roster. with some muddy mole love, tbh I don't see him having a high chance.

But its an okay roster, not my ideal one, but pretty good. even though it would be cool if the mii's didn't show up. but they will....
See, I don't really think Muddy's got too high of a chance, but I love the character and I want to see him.
His digging mechanic is super unique and I think Sakurai has acknowledged his existence a few times.
And I may go back to Black Shadow soon, just for now...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Got rid of Black Shadow for now, sorry @GoldenYuiitusin. He doesn't bring much new to the table.
Don't do that. You'll make Golden angry.

You wouldn't like him when he's angry.
:troll:

In all seriousness, that's a fine roster. The only stuff I'd change are for personal, subjective reasons.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/...-wii-u-game-that-isnt-star-fox-or-fzero-24063

A - it's probably not metroid since it's made by the guys who made 3D world, therefore
B - Ridley probably won't be announced.
If it isn't Metroid, and its supposed to "lower speculation" or whatever, maybe it is a new Mother game or remake! It is the 25th MOTHER Anniversary

View attachment 8318
The big reason I am a fan of Black Shadow is because he can directly take Ganondorf's moveset, and Ganondorf can get a whole new magic and sword one!
This would make all the Ganondorf mains happy, since they can use all the moves and stats they got good at playing with.

But other than that, I give it a 7.5/10.

EDIT: Actually, I definitely see a Zelda newcomer coming in, along with Dixie in some form.
I change it to a 7/10.

Last edited:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
If it isn't Metroid, and its supposed to "lower speculation" or whatever, maybe it is a new Mother game or remake! It is the 25th MOTHER Anniversary

The big reason I am a fan of Black Shadow is because he can directly take Ganondorf's moveset, and Ganondorf can get a whole new magic and sword one!
This would make all the Ganondorf mains happy, since they can use all the moves and stats they got good at playing with.

EDIT: Actually, I definitely see a Zelda newcomer coming in, along with Dixie in some form.
I change it to a 7/10.
I would like Black Shadow, but would absolutely hate him if he is a clone. And Ganondorf doesn't need as sword. Just magic please.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

I change it to a 7/10.
If it has to do with Mother it's definitely not a new game, since Itoi himself said that the series is over, sadly.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I would like Black Shadow, but would absolutely hate him if he is a clone. And Ganondorf doesn't need as sword. Just magic please.
He wouldn't really be a cone, he would just hale on to Ganondorf's moveset so he can get a new one.

If it has to do with Mother it's definitely not a new game, since Itoi himself said that the series is over, sadly.
That statement is 100% FALSE!

In the interview you are referring too, Itoi said he doesn't want to make MOTHER 4 himself!
He said he wants to be the one experiencing the story, and not the one making it.
It's also very interesting to note that he said that if someone came up to him and offered to make MOTHER 4 for him, he would tell them to go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Assist Trophies:
Can I ask why MGS gets a new AT and Sonic doesn't? Shadow is barely relevant to the series at this point, it's most likely that he'll be replaced with Tails or Robotnik. Not to mention the Shadow AT was literally just a Timer that never backfired.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
For those of you who didn't see it the other day, what do you think of my roster and the assist trophies?
Roster:

Assist Trophies:
I like it!
It's really cold!
But the non-SSB4 artwork Dedede icon is really annoying me on extreme levels.

And I love Fawful on the assist roster!
You get 10/10 for that!
And update the Mother Brain assist icon with the actual Mother Brain assist trophy picture.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Can I ask why MGS gets a new AT and Sonic doesn't? Shadow is barely relevant to the series at this point, it's most likely that he'll be replaced with Tails or Robotnik.
Or Knuckles (please).

A Murasame Castle game sounds great, and makes Takamaru even more likely.
AND frees up a retro spot.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Um, Zelda or Metroid hopefully. I swear if it's a Mario game I'll be furious, although a Mario Galaxy 3 kinda okay.

Imagine a Wii U Kid Icarus, or maybe just that new franchise Miyamoto was working on!
A Kid Icarus Stage was just announced for SSB Wii U yet looked reminiscent of Uprising. Hmm... do you think the development team for a Wii U Kid Icarus could've asked Sakurai to direct a 4th KI after he's done with SSB? And he made a stage to tease it's reveal? Idk. I'd love that though.

Majora's Mask 3D&HD, Twilight Princess 2, Super Mario Galaxy 3, and Metroid Prime 4. This is what I want.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Can I ask why MGS gets a new AT and Sonic doesn't? Shadow is barely relevant to the series at this point, it's most likely that he'll be replaced with Tails or Robotnik. Not to mention the Shadow AT was literally just a Timer that never backfired.
Mostly because I'm biased towards Shadow.:chuckle:
I like it!
It's really cold!
But the non-SSB4 artwork Dedede icon is really annoying me on extreme levels.

And I love Fawful on the assist roster!
You get 10/10 for that!
And update the Mother Brain assist icon with the actual Mother Brain assist trophy picture.
Just realized it wasn't the updated Dedede, going to have to fix that. And as soon as I see an updated image of MB, I'll put that.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
He wouldn't really be a cone, he would just hale on to Ganondorf's moveset so he can get a new one.

View attachment 8323
That statement is 100% FALSE!

In the interview you are referring too, Itoi said he doesn't want to make MOTHER 4 himself!
He said he wants to be the one experiencing the story, and not the one making it.
It's also very interesting to note that he said that if someone came up to him and offered to make MOTHER 4 for him, he would tell them to go for it.
Yeah, he also even can't wait to play the fangame.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Or Knuckles (please).

A Murasame Castle game sounds great, and makes Takamaru even more likely.
AND frees up a retro spot.
Did somebody say Knuckles?
He could be standing on the ground UNDER Final Destination!
You could see him walk on the screen, and his legs reach all the way down to earth while fighting on Final Destination.
There is that redesign after all!

image.jpg

Yeah, he also even can't wait to play the fangame.
For once a game developer doesn't try to shut down every fan game ever made about their game!
Finally!
Common sense!
It exists!
I thought the idea of logic was only a legend!

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
To someone expecting a new Metroid, I would suggest that they lower their expectations as not to be disappointed in case it isn't.

To someone expecting a new Mother, I would hand a straight-jacket.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
To someone expecting a new Metroid, I would suggest that they lower their expectations as not to be disappointed.

To someone expecting a new Mother, I would hand a straight-jacket.
That's just silly, obviously we already got both with Metroid: (M)other M.

Also @ Mega Bidoof Mega Bidoof

Remember a certain image rule in this thread...?

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Personally I'm hoping for a retro revival.
I don't care what it is, Murasame, Mole Mania, Mach Rider, I'm for it.
(Crosses fingers for Mole Mania)

Last edited:

Vez

Smash Apprentice
The new game is Nintendo's final attempt to combat Sony and Microsoft. It's a FPS game involving the Ice Climbers.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm sorry I ever brought it up, even if I was connecting it to a possible character in smash.

you guys go too far sometimes :facepalm:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Did somebody say Knuckles?
He could be standing on the ground UNDER Final Destination!
You could see him walk on the screen, and his legs reach all the way down to earth while fighting on Final Destination.
There is that redesign after all!

View attachment 8325

For once a game developer doesn't try to shut down every fan game ever made about their game!
Finally!
Common sense!
It exists!
I thought the idea of logic was only a legend!
I thought we weren't allowed to post images? Or were we only allowed Smash related ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom