• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
NOW THE BLUE UNORIGINALITY HAS INVADED OUR PURE ROSTER OF CREATIVITY.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
The big one is here, guys...

We've been smeckledorfed. It's actually Super Smash Brothers BLUE
I'm DONE. I can't go on knowing I've lived this LIE

Last edited:

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
That does it. Someone please get Sakurai on the phone. I need to tell him this has gone far enough.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Sceptile was actually bl-

Oh no... OH NO

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So, I saw Vaati get some low ratings on the RTC thread. With one person even saying he was lower than Impa. Anybody care to say what you guys obviously don't see in Vaati? :glare:

Last edited:

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
So, I saw Vaati get some low ratings on the RTC thread. With one person even saying he was lower than Impa. Anybody care to say what you guys obviously don't see in Vaati? :glare:
I wouldn't mind him, but I feel like he'd be better as an AT or something. Ghirahim on the other hand....

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Impa sucks.

They both should be low considering Zelda probably won't be getting another character.

BTW was the person saying he was lower than impa diddy by any chance? Cause I half expect it was him.

Speculator

Smash Ace
No Mewtwo? Seriously, if Mega Man can get in by fan demand, so can Mewtwo, a character even MORE wanted.
Mega Man didn't get in by fan demand. No character has gotten in solely because fans wanted them.

EDIT: Also, uh, did you quote my post from a different thread? :smirk:

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Mega Man didn't get in by fan demand. No character has gotten in solely because fans wanted them.
Fan demand is certainly a contributing factor.
It's not like Sakurai can't think of a moveset for mewtwo, either.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
But who is the mastermind behind this whole grand scheme if things? Who is pulling the strings of the blue haired nemesis? Well the real question is......WHAT IS?

image.jpg

(A candid photo if Lucario greeting his master. Sometimes you don't need the hair.)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I wouldn't mind him, but I feel like he'd be better as an AT or something. Ghirahim on the other hand....
Ghirahim, if Vaati becomes an assist, should just be a trophy...

Impa sucks.

They both should be low considering Zelda probably won't be getting another character.

BTW was the person saying he was lower than impa diddy by any chance? Cause I half expect it was him.
I'd be able to understand if it was Diddy, but unfortunately it was not.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Fan demand is certainly a contributing factor.
It's not like Sakurai can't think of a moveset for mewtwo, either.
Not the only factor, that was my point. It's wrong to say "X got in on fan demand", because in reality far more than just that is taken into consideration before a character is added to the roster.

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
What's wrong with Ghirahim?

You just jelly of how fab he is.

:p
Oi I meant that as, I wouldn't mind him as a playable character.!
Ghirahim, if Vaati becomes an assist, should just be a trophy...

I'd be able to understand if it was Diddy, but unfortunately it was not.
There are just some characters I don't really see as playable. It's just me of course and I didn't mean I would hate it if Vaati showed up.
I'd welcome it with open arms for sure, just preference I suppose!

D

Deleted member

EDIT: Also, uh, did you quote my post from a different thread? :smirk:
Um, what?
Sakurai says the addition of Mega Man to the Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS roster is a reflection of the winnowing down of candidates. He brings features and characteristics, like his ability to use various Robot Masters attacks, to the roster that you don't see in other characters, Sakurai says. Mega Man's addition came about at the behest of fans as well. After Sonic the Hedgehog — who appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl — Mega Man was the most requested guest character, Sakurai said.
Of course he got in by fan demand. While uniqueness definitely helped, it was because of the fans that Mega Man got in. Then just look at Sonic himself, a character who was a last-minute demand solely because of the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom