• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's off-topic and borderline image spam at some points. If there's nothing productive to post, don't post it here. This isn't a social thread.

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
I've never actually been bothered by clones. Semi-clones are probably fine. Of course I'm not entirely up to date with Fire Emblem

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I've never actually been bothered by clones. Semi-clones are probably fine. Of course I'm not entirely up to date with Fire Emblem
The only reason it'd bother me would be when there were other options for that series that could've been their own unique character.

Last edited:

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
The only reason it'd bother me would be when there were other options for that series that could've been their own unique character.
Who are some good possible reps? I feel like doing some research on FE.

No matter what happens, I'll be kind of annoyed that there still aren't any female FE reps.
What FE females are there that could potentially join?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's off-topic and borderline image spam at some points. If there's nothing productive to post, don't post it here. This isn't a social thread.
Technically,it's involving with the characters. So it's partially on the border.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Who are some good possible reps? I feel like doing some research on FE.
As many already know, my top choice has always been the Tactician. Unfortunately, I also think it's the only one that has strong potential to be unique. The other main candidates discussed here, that I recall, are Chrom and Roy. On a females note, Anna has been mentioned here and there as well, not to mention how the Tactician can be male or female.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is it me,or did we,of all 660 pages,NEVER talk about Charizard?

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
As many already know, my top choice has always been the Tactician. Unfortunately, I also think it's the only one that has strong potential to be unique. The other main candidates discussed here, that I recall, are Chrom and Roy. On a females note, Anna has been mentioned here and there as well, not to mention how the Tactician can be male or female.
Ooohhhh. I guess names aside from Roy were going over my head. Honestly a lot of people from FE look really cool. Hopefully they make the right choice when choosing the next two(?) reps.

EDIT: There might've been a few times we talked of Charizard. Idunno.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well,I actually never saw if Charizard used some of his moves from Brawl like Fire Spin or Rock Smash.

It's even harder to think what his down B might be.

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
In the past, Lyn or Micaiah. Now, Anna, Lucina, Tiki (deconfirmed).
Ohhh! Actually one of my friends kept telling me how they at least wanted a Lucina costume over Marth. I didn't get it til just now.
Is there really no way FE would have a female rep?

Charizard's down b... That's a tough one. Maybe Iron Tail? v('-')v I got nothin'

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Well,I actually never saw if Charizard used some of his moves from Brawl like Fire Spin or Rock Smash.

It's even harder to think what his down B might be.
It seems like his DownB is Flare Blitz (or side b?). In the trailer he does a strong charge of fire and it seems to hit him back in recoil.
We haven't seen rock smash be used, though.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Charizard will hopefully receive a tremendous amount of buffs. I'm hoping that his recovery is astonishing like it should be. Oh and Pikachu doesn't beat Mega Charizard X :troll:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Would Marth have the same voice or what? Would it be more feminized?
Feminized? You're coming in here asking if Marth will be 98% girl now?
You know what the other 2% is.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
On the subject of cuts, from what we saw from melee 4 of the 5 were semi-clones. And thus far only one semi-clone has been confirmed. So who is left on the potential chopping block, other than snake ivysaur and squirtle, which the general consensus seems to think they are gone?

I've heard names like IC, ROB, Ike, jiggs, Lucas, Wolf and Falco.
The obvious semi-clones are wolf, falco and Lucas. I think probably at least one of them is going bye-bye, and my money is on wolf. And I know the arguments that he is more unique to fox than falco, and he is a bad guy etc.. But falco having been in two games, and thus probably having a bigger fan base makes me think he is in.

And I don't think Lucas is going to be cut cuz I just can't see them taking a series with only two reps and cutting it down to one.
What I do hope they do with Lucas is give him a different move set, keep all his A moves relatively the same and give him a new B move set other than pk thunder1 and 2 (cuz it's too much fun and lots of recovery moves basically overlap anyway). Let Ness have pk magnet pk pulse, and pk fire. And give Lucas some new stuff to set him apart.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
While we are on the topic of a new FE character, I am starting to warm up to Anna. Although she is incredibly unlikely, she could be really unique.
But I HIGHLY doubt she will get in over Chrom. Wouldn't mind though.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
While we are on the topic of a new FE character, I am starting to warm up to Anna. Although she is incredibly unlikely, she could be really unique.
But I HIGHLY doubt she will get in over Chrom. Wouldn't mind though.
She's honestly not much unique, she has her Levin Sword and the ability move really fast some characters have done before.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think that the topic we go farthest/most depth in here is FE.

There's going to be one about it almost EVERY day.
And I don't really have a FE perferred choice,besides Seth and his magical steed.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
She's honestly not much unique, she has her Levin Sword and the ability move really fast some characters have done before.
Well, she could use things in her shop, she could also use aspects from Fire Emblem Awakening, like healing, she could also have the new Trickster class in Awakening. There really is a lot she can do but I guess the same can be applied to Chrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom