• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I hope people are not saying that fire emblem cannot have 3 characters because of the hair, we have 3 blondes at the least so I don't know why having the characters with blue hair is an issue

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I dont understand why Ike would be considered cut. Just because Roy was? He was a clone. And I believe Ike is more important to the Fire Emblem series, but I dont really know. I'd be extremely mad if my main and my secondary main were cut.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I hope people are not saying that fire emblem cannot have 3 characters because of the hair, we have 3 blondes at the least so I don't know why having the characters with blue hair is an issue
Blue Hair is not the main problem that's just a trait they all share.
The main Problem is Fire Emblem has more that just Sword using people!

Morbi

Scavenger
It doesn't. The hair is immaterial. The notion that they are "Lords" is irrelevant. The fact that they use swords has nothing to do with their chances. People will believe what they want to believe.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I have a question:
Sceptile.
That's not a question.

Sceptile?

Yeah, I think his chances have gone up. The Hoenn remakes boosted both his and Blaziken's chances, but I could see Sceptile getting in over him.

(Also I have Sceptile plus Groudon and Kyogre in my sig to celebrate)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If his Mega Evolution is revealed within the next hour, I am probably going to jump on the bandwagon and support Sceptile for Smash. But I am not going to do it vocally (because I don't want to be THAT hypocritical).
And what if he was put in over Jigglypuff? :troll:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
That's not a question.

Sceptile?

Yeah, I think his chances have gone up. The Hoenn remakes boosted both his and Blaziken's chances, but I could see Sceptile getting in over him.

(Also I have Sceptile plus Groudon and Kyogre in my sig to celebrate)
I'd support and predict Sceptile immediately, but I have one problem.

It's very unlikely we will see 7 Pokémon characters.
This means Sceptile would have to get in over Jigglypuff or Mewtwo.

While I never actually play as Jigglypuff, she is one of the original 12 and deserves to stay in.
And Mewtwo has immense popularity, and deserves to be in too.

Neither of those should be cut.

I honestly don't know what to think.
My mind is literally about to explode!

I don't really care; the Smash roster already has so many blatant mistakes, another one is hardly a deal-breaker. I just can't wait until Sakurai steps down. I have a feeling the roster would be much more interesting.
Mistakes?
Like what?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'd support and predict Sceptile immediately, but I have one problem.

It's very unlikely we will see 7 Pokémon characters.
This means Sceptile would have to get in over Jigglypuff or Mewtwo.

While I never actually play as Jigglypuff, she is one of the original 12 and deserves to stay in.
And Mewtwo has immense popularity, and deserves to be in too.

Neither of those should be cut.

I honestly don't know what to think.
My mind is literally about to explode!
The only reason I believe Sceptile is feasible is BECAUSE seven Pokemon characters seems likely.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think people are putting too much stock into Sceptile getting the spot. It makes sense if you look at it as Sakurai trying to incorporate the three starter types in the absence of Squirtle and Ivysaur. But otherwise, Mewtwo should have him beat.

I still think Mewtwo will get in, and that will be it.

@ Morbi Morbi there's no reason to think Pokemon will get 7. I certainly wouldn't expect it to happen. Especially considering that would be 3 characters from Pokemon getting time devoted to them instead of other series without ANY representation.

Like I said, don't expect 7 characters from Pokemon.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
The only reason I believe Sceptile is feasible is BECAUSE seven Pokemon characters seems likely.
I'm doubtful we'll see seven Pokemon characters, but if we did, and we got Mewtwo and Jigglypuff... Sceptile could be a pretty cool character. Not over either of those two, though.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Before I say anything on Sceptile (who at the moment still seems unlikely.), I am going to wait for the first footage of AlphaSapphire and OmegaRuby. Which is coincidentally tomorrow, with Serebii as my source.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm doubtful we'll see seven Pokemon characters, but if we did, and we got Mewtwo and Jigglypuff... Sceptile could be a pretty cool character. Not over either of those two, though.
I don't feel as though Sceptile would get in over Mewtwo or Jigglypuff, I am not demented. I just think that seven Pokemon characters are reasonable.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I think people are putting too much stock into Sceptile getting the spot. It makes sense if you look at it as Sakurai trying to incorporate the three starter types in the absence of Squirtle and Ivysaur.
I may be reading this wrong, but don't these two sentences contradict each other?
The first says people are expecting Sceptile too much, and the second gives a reason for Sceptile's inclusion.

We have 7 blondes, there were 7 dungeons in skyward sword, Ghirahim confirmed
Shulk is a blonde to.
If we get Shulk, Ghirahim is deconfirmed.

Before I say anything on Sceptile (who at the moment still seems unlikely.), I am going to wait for the first footage of AlphaSapphire and OmegaRuby. Which is coincidentally tomorrow, with Serebii as my source.
WHAT!?!?!?
LINK PLEASE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
I may be reading this wrong, but don't these two sentences contradict each other?
The first says people are expecting Sceptile too much, and the second gives a reason for Sceptile's inclusion.

Shulk is a blonde to.
If we get Shulk, Ghirahim is deconfirmed.
No; the statements don't directly contradict each other. One just asserts that there is a reason that one might assume that Sceptile is plausible, the other states that the reason is not enough alone.

Morbi

Scavenger
When is the footage of Alpha Sapphire again so I can keep in touch?
A couple of minutes.

I think people are putting too much stock into Sceptile getting the spot. It makes sense if you look at it as Sakurai trying to incorporate the three starter types in the absence of Squirtle and Ivysaur. But otherwise, Mewtwo should have him beat.

I still think Mewtwo will get in, and that will be it.

@ Morbi Morbi there's no reason to think Pokemon will get 7. I certainly wouldn't expect it to happen. Especially considering that would be 3 characters from Pokemon getting time devoted to them instead of other series without ANY representation.

Like I said, don't expect 7 characters from Pokemon.
We actually have objective precedent to support the notion.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So... does anyone else think the Gematsu leak is a piece of circumstantial crap? I certainly do. People read into it way too much. Once we see a legitimate roster leak, like a picture with original renders and everything, I'll begin to believe leaks.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
A couple of minutes.

We actually have objective precedent to support the notion.
It's not plausible.

What you're saying, is that there will 7 Pokemon characters in a roster of roughly 45-48. If they're adding about 12-14 newcomers, that would be three Pokemon characters. THREE. OUT OF 12 TO 14. That simply is not something that should be expected. Just because Ruby and Sapphire are getting remakes does not instantly make Sceptile likely.

Sakurai has come out and said that he wants to focus on new series representation, and that characters will not be the main focus on the new titles. Expecting 3 Pokemon characters to be added despite that is getting your hopes up in my opinion.

Morbi

Scavenger
It's not plausible.

What you're saying, is that there will 7 Pokemon characters in a roster of roughly 45-48. If they're adding about 12-14 newcomers, that would be three Pokemon characters. THREE. OUT OF 12 TO 14. That simply is not something that should be expected. Just because Ruby and Sapphire are getting remakes does not instantly make Sceptile likely.

Sakurai has come out and said that he wants to focus on new series representation, and that characters will not be the main focus on the new titles. Expecting 3 Pokemon characters to be added despite that is getting your hopes up in my opinion.
It is plausible; it is immaterial that you don't find the precedent relevant, it is still objective precedent. I find the difference between six and seven Pokemon negligible. I also don't find Sceptile likely, I just want him.

I feel as though he is actualizing his focus already, we have: Wii Fit, Animal Crossing, and Punch Out. Half of the newcomers. I don't think ONE additional Pokemon is all of a sudden going to alter his "focus."

It is feasible. You just don't find it likely, your opinion isn't fact.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Since I'm exited for OR/AS I was rather disappointed, but I'm also relieved that there was nothing to help Sceptile.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I wasn't expecting much to happen in the first showing of Alpha Sapphire and Omega ruby, but that...that was just cruel. Kind of a let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom