• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Here are my thoughts on what an absolute minimum roster might be. This is presuming that TEAM SORA (it isn't just Sakurai people) is working under absolute minimum conditions, so any potentially time-consuming newcomers have not been added. Only 44 characters and three unrevealed newcomers.
Mario::mario2::luigi2::bowser2::4peach::rosalina:
Zelda: :4link::4sheik::4tlink::4zelda::ganondorf:
Pokémon::jigglypuff::4charizard::4greninja::4pikachu::4lucario::mewtwopm:
Dk::4diddy::4dk:Dixie
Fire Emblem: :4marth::ike:Chrom
Kid Icarus: :4pit: Palutena
Kirby: :kirby2::metaknight::dedede:
Star fox: :fox::wolf:
Earthbound::ness2::lucas:
Metroid::zerosuitsamus::samus2:
Seies retaining only 1 rep: :falcon::gw::olimar::sonic::wario::4yoshi:
New series with 1 rep: :4megaman::4littlemac::4villager::4wiifit:
Cuts: :popo::squirtle::ivysaur::snake::falco::rob:
The Ice Climbers are most likely already in cause they already showed the Polar Bear as a mob, just saying (I don't think nor ROB nor Falco are going to get cut) :drifloon:

Also i'm pretty sure Shulk will be added as a playable character :dr^_^:

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
The Ice Climbers are most likely already in cause they already showed the Polar Bear as a mob, just saying (I don't think nor ROB nor Falco are going to get cut)
Since Sakurai stated that the Ice Climners were causing problems, I removed them from the roster. This isn't a prediction roster, it's a roster made under hypothetical time restraints:drfacepalm:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Here are my thoughts on what an absolute minimum roster might be. This is presuming that TEAM SORA (it isn't just Sakurai people) is working under absolute minimum conditions, so any potentially time-consuming newcomers have not been added. Only 44 characters and three unrevealed newcomers.
IC's cut? Yesterday there was even a pic showing the IC polar bear, in a way, they're basically confirmed. Also if one SF rep is going to be cut it would be Wolf, not Falco. Snake is rather controversial, but I feel he is staying. Squirtle and Ivy, I understand. ROB is iconic to Nintendo's history, plus, a totally unique moveset, I highly don't expect him to be cut.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
IC's cut? Yesterday there was even a pic showing the IC polar bear, in a way, they're basically confirmed. Also if one SF rep is going to be cut it would be Wolf, not Falco. Snake is rather controversial, but I feel he is staying. Squirtle and Ivy, I understand. ROB is iconic to Nintendo's history, plus, a totally unique moveset, I highly don't expect him to be cut.
It's only a 44 character roster, so I had to make some cuts. ROB was the one I would read in if it was 45. it's an absolute minimum roster, so if a character was hard to implement (Ice climbers) they would be cut under this scenario.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It's only a 44 character roster, so I had to make some cuts. ROB was the one I would read in if it was 45. it's an absolute minimum roster, so if a character was hard to implement (Ice climbers) they would be cut under this scenario.
Yet, if there's already things from the character series, in the game, and that said character is the only rep possible and has been in the game since Melee, I would say, ICs are 99% safe. Though, there is the chance that ICs could be reduced to be only one person, instead of two, worst case scenario.

Last edited:

josh bones

Smash Lord
any roster with rob cut I'd bad imo

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
After Wario, R.O.B. is the second most likely Brawl newcomer to return.
I DON'T WANT ROB BACK
HE'LL JUST REPLACE RIDLEY AGAIN

:troll:

Though I would argue that Meta Knight beats out ROB. If only slightly in my opinion.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I DON'T WANT ROB BACK
HE'LL JUST REPLACE RIDLEY AGAIN

:troll:

Though I would argue that Meta Knight beats out ROB. If only slightly in my opinion.
Metaknight won't get cuted, that's imposible why?

1- Guess who's the creator of Kirby? :drsad:

2- Meta Knight is way too popular :drflip:

3- Meta Knight is unique :drohyou:

4- We already have the stage that's his ship :drshrug:

so i don't think Meta Knight affects in anyway ROB

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
So just to spark a new character topic (mainly since I haven't seen him mentioned at all AND I'm kinda tired of the repeated topics.)

Does anyone think or would like to see Captain N aka The Game Master be a playable character in Smash? For those of you who do not know who Captain N is, he was the main character of an animated series back in the late 80s early 90s that incorporated it's elements from various Nintendo video games.

Here is his picture:
Captain N.jpg

The show (obviously) featured quite a few characters that are playable in Smash as well as one that we all believe will be playable as well as some of the new assist trophies. Those included: DK, Link, Pit, Zelda, Palutena, Mother Brain, Ganon, Megaman, Captain Falcon and a few others.

Personally, I highly doubt he would be playable but at the same time it would be pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So just to spark a new character topic (mainly since I haven't seen him mentioned at all AND I'm kinda tired of the repeated topics.)

Does anyone think or would like to see Captain N aka The Game Master be a playable character in Smash? For those of you who do not know who Captain N is, he was the main character of an animated series back in the late 80s early 90s that incorporated it's elements from various Nintendo video games.

Here is his picture: View attachment 13853

The show (obviously) featured quite a few characters that are playable in Smash as well as one that we all believe will be playable as well as some of the new assist trophies. Those included: DK, Link, Pit, Zelda, Palutena, Mother Brain, Ganon, Megaman, Captain Falcon and a few others.

Personally, I highly doubt he would be playable but at the same time it would be pretty awesome.
Nope to all of this. Capitan N was a terrible show and is best left forgotten.

Morbi

Scavenger

I feel as though he would be a pretty cool character, but at the same time, his chances are next to none. I mean, he is the prime example of an unlikely candidate.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So the Ganon discussion is far over, but by some miracle I got off my arse found the drive to get something done. I wanted an example of what a hybrid Ganon would look like, I'm taking the proportions of OoT Ganon and the aesthetics of TP Ganon, while giving him the good ole' trident from Classic Ganon.

It's far from done and it might never get done, but here's a quick mug shot of him.

It should provide a better visualization of the concept, it's basically just OoT Ganon with a mane and Ganondorf's headdress from TP.

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace

I will like to have him as an AT (Just for fun) but i prefer Captain Rainbow :drflip:as a playable character (won't happen)

Morbi

Scavenger
So the Ganon discussion is far over, but by some miracle I got off my arse found the drive to get something done. I wanted an example of what a hybrid Ganon would look like, I'm taking the proportions of OoT Ganon and the aesthetics of TP Ganon, while giving him the good ole' trident from Classic Ganon.

It's far from done and it might never get done, but here's a quick mug shot of him.

It should provide a better visualization of the concept, it's basically just OoT Ganon with a mane and Ganondorf's headdress from TP.
It is an interesting amalgamation of Ganon; but I feel as though it would be better to just use Classic Ganon.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Sound and reasonable, I like it.
My changes would be put the climbers in and take out chrom. And leave falco in over wolf. And instead of Dixie, Simon Belmont. And you actually only have 43 characters on this roster, so an extra new comer? Dixie or chrom as you like, or for me, k rool or Ridley. (Not that I think Ridley or Simon are likely though.)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
3DS Roster.png

i'm not sure how much of this is prediction and how much is wishlist
but that's my take on a 50-51 character roster

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
View attachment 13855

Was Falco and Ike replaced? Or was it just a mistake. Even as a Krystal supporter, I feel Falco holds a lot more priority over Krystal, heck even Wolf. Ike is the same but remove either Anna or Chrom.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I would be very happy with this, and seems kind of likely.

View attachment 13855

Anna, Krystal and Medusa are pretty interesting choices. While they could all be added, I have a couple issues with their additions.

I dont personally think that Krystal will replace Falco. He was a favorite in Melee and Brawl, and being a 2 time veteran seems to be a good reason for him to return. Although, I am completely okay with this.

Anna would be awesome, but I would be upset to not see Ike return, as would many others. He was a fan favorite in Brawl, so I dont see it happening, although iy very well could.

Medusa just seems overboard. KI is a good series but it might be too early to add her as well, but again, I would be okay with this.

I would personally replace Anna and Medusa with Ike and Mewtwo (or a different Pokemon) and it would be very solid. Also, I dont know if Falco will be cut, but I have been wrong before.

Last edited:

Dedede Fan!!!

Smash Cadet
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::drmario:
:warioc:/:wario:9-Volt
:4dk::4diddy:Dixie,K. Rool
:4yoshi:Kamek,Baby Bros
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf::4tlink:Vaati
:4kirby::4dedede::metaknight:Bandana Dee

:4pikachu::jigglypuff::mewtwopm::4charizard::4lucario::153::4greninja:
:4fox::falco::wolf:Krystal

:4samus::4zss:Sylux
:4olimar:
:4pit:Palutena

:4marth:Chrom
:gw::popo::rob::4littlemac:Sherrif, Nester
:4wiifit::4villager:Chibi-Robo,Marshal,Shulk
:4sonic::snake::4megaman:Pac-Man OR Sora
So That's It.
:starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman:
Would ANYONE like this roster to be official?

LOVE IT! No Ridley, No cuts, AND Roy! NICE!

MY MOST WANTED CHARACTER IS.......
PAC-MAN!

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::drmario:
:warioc:+9-volt
:4dk::4diddy:+Dixie Kong, K. Rool
:4yoshi:+Kamek, Baby Bros
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf::4tlink:+Vaati, Ghirahim
:4kirby::4dedede::metaknight:+Waddle Dee
:4pikachu::jigglypuff::mewtwopm::4charizard::4lucario::153::4greninja:
:4fox::falco::wolf:+Krystal
:4samus::4zss:+Sylux
:4marth::roypm::ike:OR Luciana
:falcon:+Black Shadow
:ness2::lucas:+Masked Man
:4pit:+Palutena
:gw::rob::popo:+Sherrif, Captain N
:4olimar:
:4littlemac::4wiifit::4villager:+Isaac, Chibi-Robo,Marshal,Shulk
:4sonic::4megaman::snake:+ Pac-Man OR Sora
Does anyone other than me TOTALLY WANT THIS ROSTER?

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Hi everyone! It's been a few days since i've been here, but we had a discussion in a different forum that I wanted to bring up here. I'm not sure if it's been talked about yet, but it's an interesting tidbit nonetheless. Also, excuse me for going back to a Star Fox related discussion, I know I do it WAY too much, and it will be the last one for a while.

Ok, so does anybody remember the Lylat Cruise easter eggs? If you don't know, they were little codecs between all of the members of Star Fox, and Star Wolf that would start up when you did a repeated taunt as Fox, Falco, or Wolf. In one of these codecs, if you play as Falco, you will see a conversation between Fox, Krystal, Slippy, and Peppy, and they will talk about how the fight on screen.

At the end of the conversation, Slippy and Peppy argie that they want in on the action, but at the end, Krystal claims, "What are you two thinking? I'm the only one who could come theough in a fight like this!"

Now I know that it could be harmless banter, but it made me think: Mr. Sakurai has been known to leave hints for characters, ( take Pit's melee trophy,) and there was a time when Mr. Sakurai began work on the Star Fox franchise. What do you guys think? Could this be a pointless feature? Or even a poke at her inclusion? I'm curious to see some responses.

(CliffJumper, if you're going to respond to this, please give some reason other than what you've said before. I don't any more backlash on the subject.)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hi everyone! It's been a few days since i've been here, but we had a discussion in a different forum that I wanted to bring up here. I'm not sure if it's been talked about yet, but it's an interesting tidbit nonetheless. Also, excuse me for going back to a Star Fox related discussion, I know I do it WAY too much, and it will be the last one for a while.

Ok, so does anybody remember the Lylat Cruise easter eggs? If you don't know, they were little codecs between all of the members of Star Fox, and Star Wolf that would start up when you did a repeated taunt as Fox, Falco, or Wolf. In one of these codecs, if you play as Falco, you will see a conversation between Fox, Krystal, Slippy, and Peppy, and they will talk about how the fight on screen.

At the end of the conversation, Slippy and Peppy argie that they want in on the action, but at the end, Krystal claims, "What are you two thinking? I'm the only one who could come theough in a fight like this!"

Now I know that it could be harmless banter, but it made me think: Mr. Sakurai has been known to leave hints for characters, ( take Pit's melee trophy,) and there was a time when Mr. Sakurai began work on the Star Fox franchise. What do you guys think? Could this be a pointless feature? Or even a poke at her inclusion? I'm curious to see some responses.

(CliffJumper, if you're going to respond to this, please give some reason other than what you've said before. I don't any more backlash on the subject.)
I've heard about this before. I always read it as just a little playfulness from Krystal. Besides, even if it was possibly hinting at a future Krystal inclusion, what Sakurai thought of Krystal back in Brawls time doesn't necessarily translate into Smash 4. Heck, I don't think we even know if Sakurai was planning on doing another Smash while developing Brawl, so any "hints" at the next one probably mean next to nothing.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I really do love this roster, it's probably best case scenario in my eyes, especially with Paper Mario. Props for that.
I would replace Chibi Robo with Shulk though, even though I like Chibi slightly better.

And it's very upsetting to see the lack of Mewtwo on people's rosters. Seriously, are people blind? Pokemon had six characters in Brawl and I'm 95% sure that they'll probably get it again.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace

Very doubtful that Krystal will replace falco or wolf, or that star fox will get 4 reps

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

Whoa, never thought of that. I agree with what you said. It could indeed just be harmless banter but maybe Krystal was brought up as a possible character at some point. Since, she didn't make it, alas we have her with that little quote. Just speculation but I honestly believe Krystal will/has been considered as a possible character.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Anna, Krystal and Medusa are pretty interesting choices. While they could all be added, I have a couple issues with their additions.

I dont personally think that Krystal will replace Falco. He was a favorite in Melee and Brawl, and being a 2 time veteran seems to be a good reason for him to return. Although, I am completely okay with this.

Anna would be awesome, but I would be upset to not see Ike return, as would many others. He was a fan favorite in Brawl, so I dont see it happening, although iy very well could.

Medusa just seems overboard. KI is a good series but it might be too early to add her as well, but again, I would be okay with this.

I would personally replace Anna and Medusa with Ike and Mewtwo (or a different Pokemon) and it would be very solid. Also, I dont know if Falco will be cut, but I have been wrong before.
Yeah I don't really see Krystal replacing anyone, let alone Falco.

Ike AND Chrom though... eeuuuuuugh I dunno, I kinda don't like the sound Fire Emblem being nothing but Blue Sword Wielders even if they do all fight pretty differently.
I certainly think Anna should be in though, She's like the mascot of the series.

While Brawl did give us two characters from a series at once with Dedede and Meta Knight, It is really popular and had been out for awhile.
Plus Sakurai did wanna include Dedede for awhile..

But Medusa would be really cool with the turning people to stone and the the poison and arrrrghh...
And the being a Villain too...

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
You're wrong man. It really means that Slippy is going to be playable and Krystal is just protecting him until SSB4 comes out. :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom