• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Meh. I would prefer Magolor for a villain. Besides, Waddle Dee has been a reoccurring character in the Kirby Series and I think is more recognizable.

View attachment 13826
Here is my roster if it was limited to 50 characters.
Your lack of Mii and ROB is what bring your points down still nice roster, I would play it, well done 8/10.

.n_n.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Meh. I would prefer Magolor for a villain. Besides, Waddle Dee has been a reoccurring character in the Kirby Series and I think is more recognizable.

View attachment 13826
Here is my roster if it was limited to 50 characters.
I would totally take Grovyle over Jigglypuff. But I seriously doubt that'll happen. Pretty solid roster I'd say. Maybe I'm just being greedy or whatever, but I'm hoping for a few more newcomers than 14.

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
I may sound like a complete jerk, but if you want Pac Man... Why not Kirby? Is it just the nostalgia value or...

I'm genuinely curious on why Pac Man.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
He is retro, the question is does he is the forgotten character?

.n_n.
If what you're saying here is that Pac Man is forgotten then I don't know what to tell you.
I may sound like a complete jerk, but if you want Pac Man... Why not Kirby? Is it just the nostalgia value or...

He's a legend, moreso than Mega Man or Sonic.

An instantly recognizable mascot. Having Pac Man in Smash would be huge, I don't know why people are underestimating this.

Last edited:

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
A better comparison would actually be Wario, not Kirby.
Okay okay okay I figured I might've pushed some buttons with that post ;__;

I only said Kirby because he's round and can be yellow.

All your arguments are fair, I think I get it now. Thanks :D

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Why not Mega Man? He can copy just like Kirby,and came first :troll:
I think...

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I think...
Pac-Man came out first; 1980 according to Wikipedia. Mega Man was apparently 1987 (again, according to Wikipedia).

Edit- Never mind, I thought we were comparing Mega Man to Pac-Man.

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I think...
Yeah Mega Man came first

Mega Man = 1987 (known as Rocket Man)

Kirby = 1992

:dr^_^:

Pac-Man came out first; 1980 according to Wikipedia. Mega-Man was apparently 1987 (again, according to Wikipedia).
:drohmy:Oohh i though he was talking about Mega Man and Kirby XD

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pac-Man came out first; 1980 according to Wikipedia. Mega-Man was apparently 1987 (again, according to Wikipedia).
It's not like my first post above doesn't know that. I was comparing MM and Kirby,no Pac-Man.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
If what you're saying here is that Pac Man is forgotten then I don't know what to tell you.

He's a legend, moreso than Mega Man or Sonic.

An instantly recognizable mascot. Having Pac Man in Smash would be huge, I don't know why people are underestimating this.
The people confuse Retro and Forgotten, people are expecting the same situation as Ice Climbers and Pit respectibly, people are saying Little Mac, Mega Man and Pac-Man are in the same situation when in reality both are Retro but not Forgotten.

.n_n.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
The people confuse Retro and Forgotten, people are expecting the same situation as Ice Climbers and Pit respectibly, people are saying Little Mac, Mega Man and Pac-Man are in the same situation when in reality both are Retro but not Forgotten.

.n_n.
Forgotten characters are usually concurrently retro characters though. So the confusion is reasonable.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
The people confuse Retro and Forgotten, people are expecting the same situation as Ice Climbers and Pit respectibly, people are saying Little Mac and Pac-Man are in the same situation when in reality both are Retro but not Forgotten.

.n_n.
These, well :drohmy: it can be debated if Little Mac is Retro or Forgotten but we all know that Pac-man is retro :drohyou:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's weird that Mega Man is younger than Snake...
Well,Mega Man IS a boy,and Snake is a Man :troll:
Speaking of which,how come we got no NES Metal Gear representation at all in brawl?

EDIT : Got ninja'd so hard,but it's okay if the one who ninja'd you got ninja'd before they had a chance to.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well his name is Mega MAN and Kirby is considered a BOY but he's older than Snake and Mega Man :dr-_-:
Kirby's a guy?
But if "he" has no clothing on,where's his.....
okay,how do I put this in a Family Friendly Way....
Where's his "tent?"

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Well I was talking about when their games were released, but yeah, that is kind of weird.
Well both games came out in the same year (1987) so i don't know the month :drohmy:

Kirby's a guy?
Where's his "tent?"
Well Nintendo never said the gender in the Japannese version until it came to America, where he was portrayed as a boy, also they show him in a romantic relationship with a female fairy and show that another female character have a crush on him... so... yeah, also... HE'S A BALL THAT CAN EAT ANYTHING WITHOUT CHANGING HIS BODY MASS AND YOU QUESTION WHERE HIS P....S IS? :drflip:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well both games came out in the same year (1987) so i don't know the month :drohmy:

Well Nintendo never said the gender in the Japannese version until it came to America, where he was portrayed as a boy, also they show him in a romantic relationship with a female fairy and show that another female character have a crush on him... so... yeah, also... HE'S A BALL THAT CAN EAT ANYTHING WITHOUT CHANGING HIS BODY MASS AND YOU QUESTION WHERE HIS P....S IS? :drflip:
What's the matter? Scared to look? :troll:

I always go for the Japanese source,I believe the original idea/concept stays true with me.

Also,yes. Unless I have a canon source for his schlong,it's an it.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Question, Have we already seen Megaman's alt-costume?

Screenshot (8).png

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Kirby's a guy?
Where's his "tent?"
I have an idea, but I'm not sure I should say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom