• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Late replies are late...

Roy
donthurtme
This is actually something I'm afraid of. Like no joke, every time I check Miiverse, I'm like, "Please don't deconfirm Roy... please don't deconfirm Roy" and the more days that pass, the more worried I get. I prefer if we know his fate asap -- I suppose there are other characters I'm not too sure on that I'd love confirmation soon. It would put a lot of debates at rest, though I'm not sure people themselves... Patience is a virtue I guess. :laugh:

Something of note is that the Pegi rating is higher than before...so take that as you will.
Wha!? Was the rating for X/Y the same? It can't be because of the 3D feature bumping the age up in regards to safety, can it?

Regardless, I haven't played R/S/E, so I'm heavily debating now whether I should pick up Omega or Alpha. I really have to see how things will turn out to make my decision I think -- I don't really get hooked on the gameplay and I'm not that into PvP. If the game's premise/story/character development/extras (like quests, post-game content, etc.)/whatnot is interesting and may get me hooked, then I might purchase it. *sigh* I'm actually going to stay a bit optimistic on this, as much as my deep gut feeling is saying: "DON'T!!". But hey, that's just who I am. =P And I should stop with my off-topic rambles...

Uh, yeah... Am I the only one that would love to see a Plusle & Minun team? I mean Sceptile is cool (loved seeing that thing in the anime) and well as Blaziken and Swampert... hell, I like them all equally, but I kinda like the idea of Plusle & Minun. Although, tbh, on the off chance that we do get a 3rd gen, I think I would prefer such Pokemon to be DLC.

Morbi

Scavenger
Late replies are late...

This is actually something I'm afraid of. Like no joke, every time I check Miiverse, I'm like, "Please don't deconfirm Roy... please don't deconfirm Roy" and the more days that pass, the more worried I get. I prefer if we know his fate asap -- I suppose there are other characters I'm not too sure on that I'd love confirmation soon. It would put a lot of debates at rest, though I'm not sure people themselves... Patience is a virtue I guess. :laugh:

Wha!? Was the rating for X/Y the same? It can't be because of the 3D feature bumping the age up in regards to safety, can it?

Regardless, I haven't played R/S/E, so I'm heavily debating now whether I should pick up Omega or Alpha. I really have to see how things will turn out to make my decision I think -- I don't really get hooked on the gameplay and I'm not that into PvP. If the game's premise/story/character development/extras (like quests, post-game content, etc.)/whatnot is interesting and may get me hooked, then I might purchase it. *sigh* I'm actually going to stay a bit optimistic on this, as much as my deep gut feeling is saying: "DON'T!!". But hey, that's just who I am. =P And I should stop with my off-topic rambles...

Uh, yeah... Am I the only one that would love to see a Plusle & Minun team? I mean Sceptile is cool (loved seeing that thing in the anime) and well as Blaziken and Swampert... hell, I like them all equally, but I kinda like the idea of Plusle & Minun. Although, tbh, on the off chance that we do get a 3rd gen, I think I would prefer such Pokemon to be DLC.
I would actually be content with a Plusle and Minun team; it wouldn't bother me at all.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Gen 3 remakes were just announced. Smash 4's roster was decided during X and Y's development. So, basically, for the likelyhood of a gen 3 rep?

no.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Gen 3 remakes were just announced. Smash 4's roster was decided during X and Y's development. So, basically, for the likelyhood of a gen 3 rep?

no.
OR/AS was being planned during XY's development, they may not have been working on it at the time, but they do know about future projects long in advance.

But is Gen 3 getting any reps? I doubt it

?????????????

Smash Master
I always had an idea for a Sootopolis City stage. I'm more excited about the prospect of a R/S/E stage.

D

Deleted member

no.
It depends on how far back Sakurai was aware of the remake happening.

If he was made aware when the roster was being decided (Fall, 2011-Summer, 2012), then we could definitely see a 3rd gen Pokémon makes its debut. However, it is more likely that development began right after Pokémon X & Y came out, so even if the game was in the concept stage of development a year ago, it would still be too late for a 3rd gen character to get in (Game Freak can import model from X & Y, making a much faster development possible) the initial roster. DLC is plausible, but we have yet to see confirmation of character DLC.
I always had an idea for a Sootopolis City stage. I'm more excited about the prospect of a R/S/E stage.
I want this to happen badly. While I'm not very excited about any character prospects (since Deoxys is out of the picture), I would absolutely love to see the 3rd gen get its own stage. Along with how awesome the OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire music could be...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
If OR/AS gets any representation, this should be it. It can show off Groudon and Kyogre in the Cave of Origin similarly to Spear Pillar.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It depends on how far back Sakurai was aware of the remake happening.

If he was made aware when the roster was being decided (Fall, 2011-Summer, 2012), then we could definitely see a 3rd gen Pokémon makes its debut. However, it is more likely that development began right after Pokémon X & Y came out, so even if the game was in the concept stage of development a year ago, it would still be too late for a 3rd gen character to get in (Game Freak can import model from X & Y, making a much faster development possible) the initial roster. DLC is plausible, but we have yet to see confirmation of character DLC.I want this to happen badly. While I'm not very excited about any character prospects (since Deoxys is out of the picture), I would absolutely love to see the 3rd gen get its own stage. Along with how awesome the OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire music could be...
When you consider how long they have been hinting at a Gen 3 remake and the fact that it's coming out in November, I find it very possible that Sakurai was aware of the Gen 3 remake.
I only see a 3rd Gen Pokemon happening if we get 7 Pokemon characters, though.

And I'm actually excited for Nintendo Infinity. I would collect the figures anyway so being able to play as them is icing on the cake, really.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When you consider how long they have been hinting at a Gen 3 remake and the fact that it's coming out in November, I find it very possible that Sakurai was aware of the Gen 3 remake.
I only see a 3rd Gen Pokemon happening if we get 7 Pokemon characters, though.

And I'm actually excited for Nintendo Infinity. I would collect the figures anyway so being able to play as them is icing on the cake, really.
But the question is, when was Sakurai made aware of its existence? Remember that during the time Sakurai was deciding the roster, Game Freak was neck-deep into the development of X & Y and were concentrated on getting that game made. They probably did not have time to develop the remakes until at least Pokémon X & Y went gold.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
But the question is, when was Sakurai made aware of its existence? Remember that during the time Sakurai was deciding the roster, Game Freak was neck-deep into the development of X & Y and were concentrated on getting that game made. They probably did not have time to develop the remakes until at least Pokémon X & Y went gold.
Fair enough.
I do think that development started slightly before the development of X and Y ended, though.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Late replies are late...

I totally agree, i like when they show a trophie or assist of a popular character mostly because that tell us what that character fate is, IMO is way better to know soon than wait 6 months hopping for it to be in the game, if you're going to crush my dreams.... CRUSH THEM FAST! don't leave me here suffering! :drflip:

Meeehhhhh:drshrug: I don't really care about Plusle & Minun, i don't dislike the idea but IMO there are better pokemon options, why? because they are the Pikachu of that generation (all generations have a different pokemon that's -in one way or another- pikachu), the pokemon i want the more is :dr-_-: but i know it will never happen :S (I had melee hacked and i gave pit a skin of :drifloon: and it was pretty cool :drohyou:)

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Pokemon is pretty complete in my book with:
1. Pokemon Mascot (Pikachu)
2. Pokemon Villain/Legendary (Mewtwo)
3. Anime Staple (Jiggs)
4. Grass Starter (?)
5. Fire Starter (Charizard)
6. Water Starter (Grenija)
7. Popular Slot (Lucario)

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Pokemon is pretty complete in my book with:
1. Pokemon Mascot (Pikachu)
2. Pokemon Villain/Legendary (Mewtwo)
3. Anime Staple (Jiggs)
4. Grass Starter (?)
5. Fire Starter (Charizard)
6. Water Starter (Grenija)
7. Popular Slot (Lucario)
I will kick out Jigglypuff to free space for other series (Donkey Kong, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade).

.n_n.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Please, 6 was fine, but 7 is exceeding breaking straws in half.
Well we don't really know that, we don't know what are the limits nintendo (Sakurai) have for the game, we just guess, also... i don't think he will get in (i want him in), why? not because 7 is too much, is because 3 "new" character for the same title (Greninja, Sceptile and Mewtwo -he's not really new but we could say he's new in these case-) but they also took 2 characters out (Ivysour and Squirtle, so these could give Sceptile a chance) :dr^_^:

I never say it was probable, only was my opinion.

.n_n.
I know, but i'm just saying that i don't think that will happen :dr-_-:

Last edited:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Still on Pokemon? Can't say I'm shocked. Well, I'll just say that we have 4 confirmed, I think Jiggs is returning, and then the last spot, I think, is between Mewtwo and Sceptile. I'd honestly prefer Sceptile, myself, but I think Mewtwo is more likely.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I would rather the development time for another Pokemon character go towards another different character.

most preferably someone cool.

Commander Claus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-1975-7034
I really think 7 characters may be a bit too much when, like stated before, there are other games that could use another rep. COUGHEARTHBOUNDCOUGH

I'm a big Pokemon guy myself, but the idea of too many reps does bother me a bit.

Also I don't think a roster of more that 40-45 is likely at all. I'm pretty sure they want to keep a smaller roster.

Morbi

Scavenger
Do you guys think that 7 characters is likely at all?
Again; precedent indicates that it was likely 6 years ago, Pokemon wasn't as big and the roster was capped at 39. However, I honestly feel as though Jigglypuff and Mewtwo will be in the game. I am not expecting anyone else, so in that way, I don't expect 7 characters. But it is BEYOND feasible.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
About Sceptile being in the game, I highly doubt his going to be in the game here's my reasons why....

1. We already have a Gen 3 Pokémon which is Lucario "another reason" why his not cut by "Gamefreak" in the next ssb cuz of remake hoenn game that they had planned. But they added 2 kanto pokemon? The reason they added Charizard, well....

- His popular and demanding compared to Sceptile (HUGE GAP).

- He was in Brawl and loved as. Majority Played Charizard out of the 2 pokemon the trainer had. (Including myself)

- To represent Mega Evolution more, cuz Greninja could not fulfill that role.

- His also being "promoted" (idk if that's the right word)
when he was shown in the pokemon origin series where Mega Charizard fought Mewtwo.---> his gotta be in.

2. We have Fire and Water, but I think that's referring to Namco's Red and Blue (Soul Edge & Soul Calibur). Even in the trailer where Charizard fights Mario (Fire referring to Soul Edge) which is then interrupted by Greninja (referring to Soul Calibur).

3. Greninja was added because its more likely that Gamefreak wants to represent their new region/Gen/game. So they added a X/Y pokemon and a decision for which pokmeon from X/Y being a Fighter in ssb, Greninja (well known) seems like the best choice out of all the pokemon in X/Y. What I'm trying to say is there not intentionally trying to get "Fire/Water/Grass" pokemon into the game.

Seems unlikely that just to complete "Tri-Types" (Fire/Water/Grass) that they would add Sceptile? IMO, they would focus on more representation, not someway to complete sets of pokemon types.

IMO, Mewtwo should be in the game cuz of very very high demand for him and Sceptile doesn't have that demand as much as Mewtwo. I doubt that they would add both cuz a better choice would be Jigglypuff, "the original 12"
and if your saying add all of them, that would mean 4+3= 7 pokemon? really? Here I'm waiting for more Nintendo Series being as a playable character and there going to add 7 characters for just one series? Sounds crazy to ME.

Morbi

Scavenger
About Sceptile being in the game, I highly doubt his going to be in the game here's my reasons why....

1. We already have a Gen 3 Pokémon which is Lucario "another reason" why his not cut by "Gamefreak" in the next ssb cuz of remake hoenn game that they had planned. But they added 2 kanto pokemon? The reason they added Charizard, well....

- He was in Brawl and loved as. Majority Played Charizard out of the 2 pokemon the trainer had. (Including myself)

when he was shown in the pokemon origin series where Mega Charizard fought Mewtwo.---> his gotta be in.

2. We have Fire and Water, but I think that's referring to Namco's Red and Blue (Soul Edge & Soul Calibur). Even in the trailer where Charizard fights Mario (Fire referring to Soul Edge) which is then interrupted by Greninja (referring to Soul Calibur).

3. Greninja was added because its more likely that Gamefreak wants to represent their new region/Gen/game. So they added a X/Y pokemon and a decision for which pokmeon from X/Y being a Fighter in ssb, Greninja (well known) seems like the best choice out of all the pokemon in X/Y. What I'm trying to say is there not intentionally trying to get "Fire/Water/Grass" pokemon into the game.

Seems unlikely that just to complete "Tri-Types" (Fire/Water/Grass) that they would add Sceptile? IMO, they would focus on more representation, not someway to complete sets of pokemon types.

IMO, Mewtwo should be in the game cuz of very very high demand for him and Sceptile doesn't have that demand as much as Mewtwo. I doubt that they would add both cuz a better choice would be Jigglypuff, "the original 12"
and if your saying add all of them, that would mean 4+3= 7 pokemon? really? Here I'm waiting for more Nintendo Series being as a playable character and there going to add 7 characters for just one series? Sounds crazy to ME.
Lucario is generation 4. If the movie is what confused you, you are not alone.

Maxilian

Smash Ace

Lucario is 4th generation not Gen 3

True
Not really he was hated by most of the people (mainly because most people saw him as the character that took Mewtwo spot)

Sceptile may get a Mega Evolution

Sceptile is being "promoted" with the new Pokemon remake

That's one way to see it, but if that were true we will get a Soul Calibur character/item/stage, Sceptile could easily fill the space of the missing grass type pokemon

Greninja was added mostly to represent their new pokemon game and they took the most popular starter pokemon.

Just as Greninja, Sceptile would be in to represent their new game (E/R/S remake) and at the same time bring something new (something with a different theme)

Noone is arguing if Mewtwo or Sceptile will be in, we all know if one is going to be in, it will be Mewtwo, the same with Jigg, also... in Brawl there were 7 different pokemon character planned (Pikachu, Jigg, Lucario, Squirtle, Charizard, Ivysour and Mewtwo but Mewtwo didn't came out in the end), so it would be weird if these time we actually got 7 Pokemons

:drshrug:

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is generation 4. If the movie is what confused you, you are not alone.
Well.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................DERP...........................................FK.................................and..............................................................................Just when I was about to destroy "them"!............................................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom