• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
HOW DARE YOU.

I see true swagtastic moveset potential in his eyes.
Same for Hitmonlee.

I mean,Hitmonchan may do Punch-Only attacks,but so does Mac.

And Hitmonlee isn't the first to use only feet.
There was that one girl from Street Fighter 3.
If Hitmonchan can be a better representative for boxing (Sakurai made Mac a fraud, whyyyy), then I'm all for him.

Tho Taek Won Do could be cool with Hitmonlee but let's be real Muay Thai (Blaziken) and Capoiera (Hitmontop) are way better. The latter is the fighting style of Elena, the character the uses feet only in SF3. Sumo (Hariyama) and Luchadore (Hawlucha) would be sooo rad as well. I want more martial arts in Smash and it's funny how Pokemon can do that lmao.

Crossing fingers for Pokken. Pls let Harada work on it, dude knows his martial arts.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I never said Greninja got in over Mewtwo, I'm still expecting him to show up so I have no idea what you're on about.

I don't know where you're getting that from either, I've seen a few people ask for Hawlucha, but I saw no one ask for Greninja. Hell, even Goodra was more requested.
Your post implied that Greninja got in over Mewtwo as you used him as a example of a character that got in over something more popular. Admittedly though, I still misinterpreted it.

And I have seen requests for him over at Gamefaqs and other sites, either alone or as a part of the Kalos Trainer. Either way, none of them had much support to them compared to the Brawl + Mewtwo roster, so it's pointless to argue which one was more requested when neither were requested that much. Relatively, they were on the same boat as Pokémon that had a small request volume, but nothing substantial.

So really for the Pokemon, we'd have to use general popularity as that's a clearer marker, in which case Greninja had both beat. So again, the comparison to Sceptile is still very flawed.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Warning Received
Elena? I think she might throw some smacks here and there but I never cared for her so I don't remember.
How about :237:?
It's basically a Mixed Attacker,like in the game,but I would think it would involve twirling in most moves,but there are other moves he has that does not involve spinning,like dig.

If we're going to name pokemon with no hope, I vote- *looks at my own signature* *shuts up*
You really can't do this or this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Keep the Pokemon talk within the realm of actual discussion and not one-word image spam, guys.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Wanting a character in Smash doesn't mean that he's going to get it, necessarily.
We heard that about Travis Touchdown and no way in hell he has a chance.
So unless Kamiya is buddy buddy with Sakurai like Kojima is, I wouldn't count on it.

And who wants to talk about Mach Rider? I wrote an essay on him yesterday out of boredom, so let's discuss, huh?

MACH RIDER SMASH BROS 4

I find Mach Rider to be a severely overlooked retro character. Most people vouch for either Takamaru or Lip, and after recent events Lip has appeared on less and less rosters and even retro characters were becoming a less common addition. But why should Super Smash Bros 4 be the game to break tradition and not include a retro character? Sakurai says that he loves adding retro characters, and that the ability to revive lost franchises makes him one of the luckiest men in the world, so a retro seems to be inevitable. So let's lo at some popular retro choices, shall we?

Takamaru - Possibly the most popular and expected retro, Takamaru had a lot going for him a few months back. A minigame in Nintendo Land, a fair amount of popularity in Japan, and his relationship to the "Class of 1986" (Takamaru is to Link as Pit is to Samus) were all extremely beneficial to his likeliness. But recently something has made me skeptical of Takamaru's once "inevitable" inclusion. Greninja. While Greninja has "ninja" elements rather than "samurai" elements (which Takamaru obviously possesses), I feel that Greninja took on the whole Japanese folklore niche regardless. Shurikens and using smoke to teleport are evidence of this claim, abilities that once belonged to Takamaru. Plus, Greninja has a few attacks featuring a water sword. As Takamaru's weapon of choice is a sword, this worries me quite a bit. I don't think that Takamaru's chances are anywhere near dead, and I would love to see him included in the game, but I feel that he took a major hit with the reveal of Greninja.

Lip - There isn't too much to say about Lip anymore, since Lip's Stick has supposedly been revealed as an item once again. While Lip possesses abilities outside of her magic flower, that's what she would likely fight with if she was to be included in Smash Bros. Due to this, I consider her chances as good as dead.

Little Mac? - Although I personally don't consider Little Mac to be the retro addition, some believe that this is the case, due to his supposed obscurity in Japan and Punch Out's long hiatus. I would argue heavily that Mac is a modern Nintendo character rather than a retro. Sakurai usually adds Retros because he sees potential in their series; he loves to bring back series from the dead like he has done with Kid Icarus. Of course, doing this with Little Mac would be a lost cause, due to the Punch Out reboot on the Wii back in 2008. I define "retro" as a character that can possibly be revived by Sakura in a similar style to Kid Icarus, but Little Mac cannot since he has already been revived. Add to this the fact that Kid Icarus got a reboot even more recently than Punch Out (2011) and nobody refers to Pit as retro anymore (Kid Icarus is on it's way to getting a second character, after all). As a result, Mac is as retro as Pit: AKA, not retro.

So who is a retro character with hardly anything in his way at the moment AND has been mentioned by Sakurai in the past? It's Mach Rider, of course.

Mach Rider was a decently popular launch title for the NES, releasing alongside classics such as Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, Excitebike, and Ice Climber. It was one of the first games to experiment with 3D-ish effects, showing perspective while Rider drove along the track. I would imagine this was pretty mind blowing back then, as something like this had never really been seen on home consoles back in the mid-80's. The game never received a sequel, but one can say that F-Zero was a spiritual successor to Mach Rider, with it's futuristic setting, Mode 7 graphics, and falling under the racing genre. As F-Zero went on to become a popular Nintendo series and receive a character in Smash Bros (in the form of the ever popular Captain Falcon), Mach Rider was left in the dust (no punintendo). In Smash Bros Melee, Sakurai expressed interest in Mach Rider's inclusion as a playable character, even stating that he was his favorite character concept for the game, yet Mach has been absent from the series. The only aspects of Mach Rider that have appeared are a trophy and an awesome track. I'm led to believe that Mach Rider was at least planned for Melee and possibly Brawl, since Sakurai was so fond of the idea. Finally, a sequel to Mach Rider was rumored for 3DS and even listed as an upcoming title in such magazines as Nintendo Power, but as time went on the game disappeared from the listing, probably cancelled. It makes me wonder how the game would have ended up: with a cool character like Mach Rider I'm sure the game would have been awesome.

Clearly Mach's history with Nintendo is pretty extensive, dating back to the NES, and Sakurai loves the idea of adding the character, so I find Mach Rider to be a great choice for a retro character. So how would he work? Many figure that Mach Rider would play like Captain Falcon given their similar stature and games, but I had another idea that was even considered for Melee: a "mount character". A mount character is essentially a character who stays mounted on an object while fighting. With Sakurai's originality this time around, a unique character like this seems like an awesome idea. Some people find this idea unlikely or "impossible", but looking back at Melee the idea doesn't seem too farfetch'd. Supposedly the character Excitebiker, from Excitebike obviously, was planned to be featured in Melee. The original plan was to have Biker ride around and fight while mounted on his motorcycle, just like my proposal for Mach Rider. However, Sakurai encountered problems with making Excitebiker jump while on his bike, and ultimately pulled the plug on the character. With Sakurai revisiting past ideas that either fell through or were considered "impossible" (cough cough, Villager), I could totally see him coming back to this one. However, some may try to be smart and say "well why not just add Excitebiker like the original plan?" The answer goes back to my definition of "retro". Excitebike has seen releases past its NES iteration, I believe there was even one on WiiWare, so technically speaking it can't be considered retro, just like Pit and Little Mac, or revived for that matter. So unless Sakurai finds Excitebike to be an important enough Nintendo franchise to warrant a character, I don't believe that he'll be jumping at the opportunity. But since the idea of a mount character is likely still floating around Sakurai's head, he'll look back to Melee and think about Excitebiker. As Sakurai is looking for unique characters, he may pass by Mach Rider at first for being too similar to Captain Falcon, even though he loves the character, but I'm sure that eventually Sakurai would put two and two together and come up with the idea of Mach Rider mounted on his bike, which, who knows, could have been the idea in the first place. I'm positive that both characters have passed Sakurai's mind recently. Mounting Mach Rider on his bike makes him a very worthwhile and unique addition in my eyes, and with nothing standing in his way, we may see Mach Rider race into battle very soon.

(please read this I spent like an hour on this thing)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Wanting a character in Smash doesn't mean that he's going to get it, necessarily.
So unless Kamiya is buddy buddy with Sakurai like Kojima is, I wouldn't count on it.

And who wants to talk about Mach Rider? I wrote an essay on him yesterday out of boredom, so let's discuss, huh?

MACH RIDER SMASH BROS 4

I find Mach Rider to be a severely overlooked retro character. Most people vouch for either Takamaru or Lip, and after recent events Lip has appeared on less and less rosters and even retro characters were becoming a less common addition. But why should Super Smash Bros 4 be the game to break tradition and not include a retro character? Sakurai says that he loves adding retro characters, and that the ability to revive lost franchises makes him one of the luckiest men in the world, so a retro seems to be inevitable. So let's lo at some popular retro choices, shall we?

Takamaru - Possibly the most popular and expected retro, Takamaru had a lot going for him a few months back. A minigame in Nintendo Land, a fair amount of popularity in Japan, and his relationship to the "Class of 1986" (Takamaru is to Link as Pit is to Samus) were all extremely beneficial to his likeliness. But recently something has made me skeptical of Takamaru's once "inevitable" inclusion. Greninja. While Greninja has "ninja" elements rather than "samurai" elements (which Takamaru obviously possesses), I feel that Greninja took on the whole Japanese folklore niche regardless. Shurikens and using smoke to teleport are evidence of this claim, abilities that once belonged to Takamaru. Plus, Greninja has a few attacks featuring a water sword. As Takamaru's weapon of choice is a sword, this worries me quite a bit. I don't think that Takamaru's chances are anywhere near dead, and I would love to see him included in the game, but I feel that he took a major hit with the reveal of Greninja.

Lip - There isn't too much to say about Lip anymore, since Lip's Stick has supposedly been revealed as an item once again. While Lip possesses abilities outside of her magic flower, that's what she would likely fight with if she was to be included in Smash Bros. Due to this, I consider her chances as good as dead.

Little Mac? - Although I personally don't consider Little Mac to be the retro addition, some believe that this is the case, due to his supposed obscurity in Japan and Punch Out's long hiatus. I would argue heavily that Mac is a modern Nintendo character rather than a retro. Sakurai usually adds Retros because he sees potential in their series; he loves to bring back series from the dead like he has done with Kid Icarus. Of course, doing this with Little Mac would be a lost cause, due to the Punch Out reboot on the Wii back in 2008. I define "retro" as a character that can possibly be revived by Sakura in a similar style to Kid Icarus, but Little Mac cannot since he has already been revived. Add to this the fact that Kid Icarus got a reboot even more recently than Punch Out (2011) and nobody refers to Pit as retro anymore (Kid Icarus is on it's way to getting a second character, after all). As a result, Mac is as retro as Pit: AKA, not retro.

So who is a retro character with hardly anything in his way at the moment AND has been mentioned by Sakurai in the past? It's Mach Rider, of course.

Mach Rider was a decently popular launch title for the NES, releasing alongside classics such as Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, Excitebike, and Ice Climber. It was one of the first games to experiment with 3D-ish effects, showing perspective while Rider drove along the track. I would imagine this was pretty mind blowing back then, as something like this had never really been seen on home consoles back in the mid-80's. The game never received a sequel, but one can say that F-Zero was a spiritual successor to Mach Rider, with it's futuristic setting, Mode 7 graphics, and falling under the racing genre. As F-Zero went on to become a popular Nintendo series and receive a character in Smash Bros (in the form of the ever popular Captain Falcon), Mach Rider was left in the dust (no punintendo). In Smash Bros Melee, Sakurai expressed interest in Mach Rider's inclusion as a playable character, even stating that he was his favorite character concept for the game, yet Mach has been absent from the series. The only aspects of Mach Rider that have appeared are a trophy and an awesome track. I'm led to believe that Mach Rider was at least planned for Melee and possibly Brawl, since Sakurai was so fond of the idea. Finally, a sequel to Mach Rider was rumored for 3DS and even listed as an upcoming title in such magazines as Nintendo Power, but as time went on the game disappeared from the listing, probably cancelled. It makes me wonder how the game would have ended up: with a cool character like Mach Rider I'm sure the game would have been awesome.

Clearly Mach's history with Nintendo is pretty extensive, dating back to the NES, and Sakurai loves the idea of adding the character, so I find Mach Rider to be a great choice for a retro character. So how would he work? Many figure that Mach Rider would play like Captain Falcon given their similar stature and games, but I had another idea that was even considered for Melee: a "mount character". A mount character is essentially a character who stays mounted on an object while fighting. With Sakurai's originality this time around, a unique character like this seems like an awesome idea. Some people find this idea unlikely or "impossible", but looking back at Melee the idea doesn't seem too farfetch'd. Supposedly the character Excitebiker, from Excitebike obviously, was planned to be featured in Melee. The original plan was to have Biker ride around and fight while mounted on his motorcycle, just like my proposal for Mach Rider. However, Sakurai encountered problems with making Excitebiker jump while on his bike, and ultimately pulled the plug on the character. With Sakurai revisiting past ideas that either fell through or were considered "impossible" (cough cough, Villager), I could totally see him coming back to this one. However, some may try to be smart and say "well why not just add Excitebiker like the original plan?" The answer goes back to my definition of "retro". Excitebike has seen releases past its NES iteration, I believe there was even one on WiiWare, so technically speaking it can't be considered retro, just like Pit and Little Mac, or revived for that matter. So unless Sakurai finds Excitebike to be an important enough Nintendo franchise to warrant a character, I don't believe that he'll be jumping at the opportunity. But since the idea of a mount character is likely still floating around Sakurai's head, he'll look back to Melee and think about Excitebiker. As Sakurai is looking for unique characters, he may pass by Mach Rider at first for being too similar to Captain Falcon, even though he loves the character, but I'm sure that eventually Sakurai would put two and two together and come up with the idea of Mach Rider mounted on his bike, which, who knows, could have been the idea in the first place. I'm positive that both characters have passed Sakurai's mind recently. Mounting Mach Rider on his bike makes him a very worthwhile and unique addition in my eyes, and with nothing standing in his way, we may see Mach Rider race into battle very soon.

Mach Rider is my favorite Retro rep candidate. I think he could be unique and Sakurai seems to at least acknowledge his existence.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Your post implied that Greninja got in over Mewtwo as you used him as a example of a character that got in over something more popular. Admittedly though, I still misinterpreted it.

And I have seen requests for him over at Gamefaqs and other sites, either alone or as a part of the Kalos Trainer. Either way, none of them had much support to them compared to the Brawl + Mewtwo roster, so it's pointless to argue which one was more requested when neither were requested that much. Relatively, they were on the same boat as Pokémon that had a small request volume, but nothing substantial.

So really for the Pokemon, we'd have to use general popularity as that's a clearer marker, in which case Greninja had both beat. So again, the comparison to Sceptile is still very flawed.
The only thing that would imply that is if anyone actually thinks we'll only get a measly four Pokemon. I'd expect 5-6 in the 50 range and 6-7 above that.

The popularity really depends on where you go, Goomy/Goodra are popular enough to be memetic, whereas Greninja is more low key.

And if you're going to use Gamefaqs as an example, then I guess Goku is a valid choice. :troll:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Going by sixth gen, more people were wanting Hawlucha. But as I was talking about Pokemon in general:
:mewtwopm:
Most people wanted a 6th gen trainer with Greninja, but with the transformation gimmick gone we just have the Pokemon people really wanted. Also we don't know if Mewtwo's in or not.

D

Deleted member

Didnt know bayonetta ever had a bandwagon.
One did form on her after the confirmation that Bayonetta 2 would be Wii U exclusive. Many of her supporters assumed that she would be added for... whatever BS reason they had.

Not that I hate the idea, but there are much, much better third-party characters to work through before we get to her.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The popularity really depends on where you go, Goomy/Goodra are popular enough to be memetic, whereas Greninja is more low key.
Memes=/=most popular, otherwise Mudkip would be the most popular of his generation and yet Pokémon like Rayquaza and Blaziken regularly beat him whenever polls come up. That's not to say Goomy/Goodra (or Mudkip) aren't popular, but to use a meme to gauge that popularity is poor assessment. Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that for the majority, Greninja is the most popular, and it was to the point that he may've been picked for Smash just for that.

And if you're going to use Gamefaqs as an example, then I guess Goku is a valid choice. :troll:
Drop your strawman, it doesn't take away from the point. Ignoring the fact that it was just an example of one site, here's the fact of the matter: Whether or not Gamefaqs requests Goku (which comes up about as much as it does over here, and its treated with the same amount of scorn), that still doesn't take away from the fact that he was still requested. So the point stands that Greninja was requested.

Also, that still doesn't take away from the point that neither were that popularly requested to begin with. They had some support, but again the fan accepted Brawl + Mewtwo theory took much more precedence. You can't really say that Hawlucha is more requested when really neither (or Goodra) stood out that much in terms of that.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I've always thought the idea of transformations in general were sketchy due to the very fragile balancing endeavors. When done horribly wrong, you get Pokemon Trainer.

D

Deleted member

MACH RIDER SMASH BROS 4

Great post here. People seriously underestimate his shot of getting in this game and how awesome he could be. If there's going to be a revived retro character in Smash, it'll be him (not counting Takamaru).

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Most people wanted a 6th gen trainer with Greninja, but with the transformation gimmick gone we just have the Pokemon people really wanted. Also we don't know if Mewtwo's in or not.
I believe you haven't bothered to read the rest of what I've said.
Memes=/=most popular, otherwise Mudkip would be the most popular of his generation and yet both Rayquaza and Blaziken regularly beat him whenever polls come up. That's not to say Goomy/Goodra (or Mudkip) aren't popular, but to use a meme to gauge that popularity is poor assessment. Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that for the majority, Greninja is the most popular, and it was to the point that he may've been picked based on that.

Drop your strawman, it doesn't take away from the point. Here's the fact of the matter, whether or not Gamefaqs requests Goku (which comes up about as much as it does over here), that still doesn't take away from the fact that he was still requested. So the point stands that Greninja was requested, as was Goodra and Hawlucha, no?

Also, that still doesn't take away from the point that neither were that popularly requested to begin with. They had some support, but again the fan accepted Brawl + Mewtwo theory took much more precedence.
And I believe you're taking this a tad too seriously.

I never used any strawman, I would think the trollface emote I used would have made it obvious that my last line was in jest.

I'm not trying to use memes as a legitimate example either, but that's beside the point. Sakurai would have added Greninja before he ever got the chance to be popular, probably before X/Y was even released, so it's a moot point to bring up popularity, like you said. My main point originally was popular =/= obvious choice.

D

Deleted member

Memes=/=most popular, otherwise Mudkip would be the most popular of his generation and yet Pokémon like Rayquaza and Blaziken regularly beat him whenever polls come up.
We also would've gotten Peppy Hare instead of Falco.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Objective fact and logic aren't used when hype is induced. People would prefer to use their faith based perspectives in the heat of the moment. This Sceptile nonsense will cease to exist in about a week or two.
This sceptile nonsen shouldn't even exist in the first place, people are assuming that mewtwo will suddenly stop being popular for a pokemon that wasn't that popular 11 years ago, if this didn't stop Lucario, a pkmn that probably won't be important in the remakes then there is no reason to assume it wil stop mewtwo, as far as I remeber Lucario was still very popular even when Heartgold and Sould Silver were hyped

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
And I believe you're taking this a tad too seriously.
It's a debate, why wouldn't I be taking it seriously? :p

I'm not trying to use memes as a legitimate example either, but that's beside the point. Sakurai would have added Greninja before he ever got the chance to be popular, probably before X/Y was even released, so it's a moot point to bring up popularity, like you said. My main point originally was popular =/= obvious choice.
I don't quite agree with that first part, but we already argued about that so lets move on.

The thing is, I don't agree with your example for that main point. Greninja doesn't work within the context of what you're trying to use it for as the factors that are present don't really fit the scenario and thus it doesn't work as a Sceptile analog, in fact, it contradicts your point as it's more like Blaziken in being the most popular of its generation and it got into the game. So the point you're trying to make isn't as effective as one of the examples is contradictory.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo has announced NFC figures!! Think we'll have something to do with them for Smash Bros?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As far as characters who qualify as "retro" newcomers, Mach Rider's one of my favorite choices. He's second only to Muddy Mole for me.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
A mounted Mach Rider would be quite an interesting character. And an exciting retro rep.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nintendo has announced NFC figures!! Think we'll have something to do with them for Smash Bros?

Oh god.
Please don't tell me you're implying the same thing Disney Infinity is doing?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'd personally stick with Takamaru for my retro of choice. He seems like one of the better choices for the role and one of the more interesting.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd personally stick with Takamaru for my retro of choice. He seems like one of the better choices for the role and one of the more interesting.
Speaking of which,I believe we're slowly decreasing talk time with Takamaru.
Either it's me,or I think some people are thinking Takamaru may be like Wonder Red or Dillon soon.
Just a theory,though. I don't know why I don't see more Takamaru talk,maybe because I'm gone most of the day or something.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I believe you haven't bothered to read the rest of what I've said.
You said Hawlucha was more wanted then Greninja I said that wasn't entirely true, and then (even if it wasn't intentional) you implied that Greninja got in over Mewtwo, and I said that Mewtwo hasn't been disconfirmed. What did I miss in your post that I replied to? Unless you're talking about another post you made, which I didn't see, because I don't read every single post on this thread, you can't blame me for that.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Speaking of which,I believe we're slowly decreasing talk time with Takamaru.
Either it's me,or I think some people are thinking Takamaru may be like Wonder Red or Dillon soon.
Just a theory,though. I don't know why I don't see more Takamaru talk,maybe because I'm gone most of the day or something.
I kind of doubt we'll see Takamaru at all unless he's playable. A retro character like him doesn't seem like prime trophy material, unlike the modern Dillon and Wonder Red.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You said Hawlucha was more wanted then Greninja I said that wasn't entirely true, and then (even if it wasn't intentional) you implied that Greninja got in over Mewtwo, and I said that Mewtwo hasn't been disconfirmed. What did I miss in your post that I replied to? Unless you're talking about another post you made, which I didn't see, because I don't read every single post on this thread, you can't blame me for that.
Well then it's not very nice to call me out on something if you don't even bother reading.

I never said Greninja got in over Mewtwo, I'm still expecting Mewtwo to show up. In no way do I think Mewtwo was hindered by Greninja.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I kind of doubt we'll see Takamaru at all unless he's playable. A retro character like him doesn't seem like prime trophy material, unlike the modern Dillon and Wonder Red.
Well,I just think there's a connection. I mean,they are unique in their own way,but they haven't been in atleast more than two games starring them,yet,they gain huge popularity in the Smash Fanbase.

Of Mach Rider,as much as I love this little guy,the mounted moveset may be difficult to create. If that version was in the game,it's most likely going to be an AT.

EDIT : And Double Post

AND Opossum sent me a warning
AND now I got 7 days to be more cautious.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I like Takamaru and all, I just feel Smash will have too many blue-haired swordsmen if he and Chrom were to get in.

D

Deleted member

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Well then it's not very nice to call me out on something if you don't even bother reading.

I never said Greninja got in over Mewtwo, I'm still expecting Mewtwo to show up. In no way do I think Mewtwo was hindered by Greninja.
I read the damn post I replied to. There is a difference between not reading a post you reply to and reading the post you replied to but not seeing an entirely different post you made later on where you talk more about the subject. Also I said you IMPLIED that Greninja got in over Mewtwo even if it was unintentional, I didn't say that you SAID that he did.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
It was back around May/June, before E3 2012.
It ticked off Hideki Kamiya enough to the point to where he said something like "**** off, Smash idiots"

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...be-honored-have-his-characters-nintendo-game/

Of course, Wonder Red is now in Smash as a trophy.

----
If either of those two were going to be in Smash, I'd definitely peg Wonder Red to be it. Bayonetta is awesome, and I adore her, but she's really not Smash material. She's made to signify sex appeal and her clothes come off as she executes moves. Not really something I think Nintendo wants in their family friendly beat-em-up.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

I don't see why not, because...trophies.
It'd fit with the trophy/doll theme of Smash.

As for what it would do with characters... I don't know. This is the first time I've ever even heard of these kind of things.

----

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Maybe it could just be something like unlocking rare trophies in the game, sorta like how there were a couple hidden ones in Melee that could only be unlocked through events.

Or they could not do anything for Smash, which I'd be totally fine with. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom