• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
IIRC, the Greninja trailer was missing Xerneas and Arceus despite those two being confirmed, so there's possibly some more Pokeball Pokémon that we haven't seen yet.

Having said that, I still don't think these remakes will have that much an impact on Smash.
Considering AS/OR will likely come out months after Sm4sh 3DS has already been released, I think that is a safe bet. If Pokkén happens to be a real, expect Game Freak to push the fanservice and shoehorning with that game.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
D

Deleted member

Considering AS/OR will likely come out months after Sm4sh 3DS has already been released, I think that is a safe bet. If Pokkén happens to be a real, expect Game Freak to push the fanservice and shoehorning with that game.
I'm curious as to how this would effect Pokémon representation (in general, not just characters) in future Smash games. Would it be possible that Sakurai would be given more liberty with Pokémon characters?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I musn't say it.
Yes, Zzuxon, you have to say it.
No, Dark Zzuxon, It is too dumb, I'm sure it has been said before.
Say it anyway.
No.
DO IT!
NO
NOW!!!
Arrghh! HOENN CONFIRMED!
what have I done...

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Who can understand people anyway, LUCARIO CONFIRMED=MEWTWO DECONFIRMED, GRENINJA CONFIRMED=MEWTWO DECONFIRMED, RUBY AND SAPHIRE REMAKES CONFIRMED=MEWTWO DECONFIRMED, SCEPTILE DESPITE NOT EBING AS POPULAR AS BLAZIKEN CONFIRMED, if Lucario managed to get in without worrying about a 3rd generation pkmn then it's safe to assume that mewtwo can do it too

Morbi

Scavenger
Who can understand people anyway, LUCARIO CONFIRMED=MEWTWO DECONFIRMED, GRENINJA CONFIRMED=MEWTWO DECONFIRMED, RUBY AND SAPHIRE REMAKES CONFIRMED=MEWTWO DECONFIRMED, SCEPTILE DESPITE NOT EBING AS POPULAR AS BLAZIKEN CONFIRMED, if Lucario managed to get in without worrying about a 3rd generation pkmn then it's safe to assume that mewtwo can do it too
Objective fact and logic aren't used when hype is induced. People would prefer to use their faith based perspectives in the heat of the moment. This Sceptile nonsense will cease to exist in about a week or two.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, looks like the news came here.
Well, in any case. I'm not entirely sure whether or not it'll mean anything.
Then again, Roy did represent a game that didn't come out yet...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
The whole "Hoenn confirmed" thing would be rather funny if OR/AS didn't actually take place in Hoenn...

But I hope it's a proper remake of R/S/E, but with lots of new stuff and a big postgame story.

And if by some crazy reason Sceptile really gets confirmed for Smash, I'll march around with hipster glasses telling everyone how I liked the fat swordfighter lizard before it was cool. (not as a Smash character, but in general)

----

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I musn't say it.
Yes, Zzuxon, you have to say it.
No, Dark Zzuxon, It is too dumb, I'm sure it has been said before.
Say it anyway.
No.
DO IT!
NO
NOW!!!
Arrghh! HOENN CONFIRMED!
what have I done...
You're like,really late for the party.

The whole "Hoenn confirmed" thing would be rather funny if OR/AS didn't actually take place in Hoenn...
But I hope it's a proper remake of R/S/E, but with lots of new stuff and a big postgame story.
And if by some crazy reason Sceptile really gets confirmed for Smash, I'll march around with hipster glasses telling everyone how I liked the fat swordfighter lizard before it was cool. (not as a Smash character, but in general)
----
Yeah,and when Sceptile isn't confirmed,I'll put on my Swag Mask and obtain my Victory Screech.
and brag.

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
The development of the new pokemon games start when the othe finish. Masuda said it when they reavealed Honedge. X and Y was planned when they finished the BW2 project. ΑS and ΩR probably started to be develolped when they promoted Mega Blaziken, saying that not every Mega Evo would be find in the game. At this point, Sakurai'd have time to implement a 3rd gen representative, whatever it is.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I always wanted to play as one of the Hitmons as a Smash character.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
That still annoys me for some weird reason. . . A character that hasn't even been in a game and turns into a clone.
Hey, he got pretty popular.

For some reason I'll never understand.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Going by sixth gen, more people were wanting Hawlucha. But as I was talking about Pokemon in general:
:mewtwopm:
Firstly, we don't know what's going on with Mewtwo, so it's very presumptuous to already assume he got in over him.

Secondly, neither really had that many requests to them due to the prevalence of the Brawl + Mewtwo theory and Gen 6 being deemed too recent. Also, Greninja was more popular in general, so it doesn't really fit what you're trying to prove as in this case, Greninja is much more like Blaziken then he is Sceptile in terms of relative popularity.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Again, this Sceptile "bandwagon" did not form after the third generation re-release information. The idea for a Grass Starter happened the day of or day after Greninja was revealed. People realized that a fully evolved grass starter would be a missing part of a Trifecta with Greninja and Chrizard announced.

I wanted Serperior myself, but posters deduced that:
a) It might not be probable that two starters would come from one generation, while another came from a different generation
b) if there was a fully evolved starter none of its evolutions would come from a pokeball pokemon

I am not so sure about these points, but the two points leave only Sceptile and Torterra as choices.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Firstly, we don't know what's going on with Mewtwo, so it's very presumptuous to already assume he got in over him.

Secondly, neither really had that many requests to them due to the prevalence of the Brawl + Mewtwo theory and Gen 6 being deemed too recent. Also, Greninja was more popular in general, so it doesn't really fit what you're trying to prove as in this case as Greninja is much more like Blaziken then he is Sceptile (if anything, Hawlucha's Sceptile).
I never said Greninja got in over Mewtwo, I'm still expecting him to show up so I have no idea what you're on about.

I don't know where you're getting that from either, I've seen a few people ask for Hawlucha, but I saw no one ask for Greninja. Hell, even Goodra was more requested.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
HOW DARE YOU.

I see true swagtastic moveset potential in his eyes.
Same for Hitmonlee.

I mean,Hitmonchan may do Punch-Only attacks,but so does Mac.

And Hitmonlee isn't the first to use only feet.
There was that one girl from Street Fighter 3.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh yeah? Well your Goodra will never match up to Greninja's insane levels of badassery.
Who cares, your Greninja can't handle Goodra's hugs of adorableness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom