• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I will forever stop complaining about Sheik and Impa if K.Rool and Dixie both make it in. Even if Mewtwo and Isaac won't make it in.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I will forever stop complaining about Sheik and Impa if K.Rool and Dixie both make it in. Even if Mewtwo and Isaac won't make it in.
As dumb as it is, not happening. We would be LUCKY to see two of the four you mentioned in the game.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
2 DK characters would be awesome. I remember when I used to include both on my roster. Good times.

Speaking of DK, I came up with an awesome idea for Dixie Kong where her hair can shift into different forms, like a fist.
Far fetched I know, but that would be a ton better than Diddy + Hair.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
As dumb as it is, not happening. We would be LUCKY to see two of the four you mentioned in the game.
Lucky to see any of the two of K. Rool, Dixie, Mewtwo, or Isaac? All of those are fairly likely characters. I don't think it's highly unlikely we'll get at least two of those.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Once K. Rool AND Dixie get in, it would be pretty awesome to see Cranky in Smash too. So realistically I can't see him getting in until Smash 5. (ignoring the 3DS version apparently being the 5th) f anything in this installment I think he has a shot as an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You're arguing over unlikely newcomers,but you all forget Reggie.

Tsk,Tsk.

D

Deleted member

Lucky to see any of the two of K. Rool, Dixie, Mewtwo, or Isaac? All of those are fairly likely characters. I don't think it's highly unlikely we'll get at least two of those.
Because there's both the Sal Romano and the RosalinaX leak to consider; both of which have a very real chance of coming true. Not saying you have to believe the two leaks blindly, but only a fool would dismiss either of these leaks entirely.

Of course that's not to say we can't get two or more; I wouldn't be surprised if we got Mewtwo and K. Rool/Dixie. It's not necessarily guarantee either, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Shadow's probably gonna come back as an assist trophy, especially if Green Hill Zone returns as a stage in either version with Tails, Knuckles, and Silver running in the background intact. I at least hope Dr. Eggman will be a boss somehow.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Are people who want Reggie even being serious?
I've wanted to know the same thing for awhile. I remember quite clearly what my first and only post in the Reggie thread was, "If Reggie gets in, I'll eat my shoe".

I'd be ok if Reggie was one of the skin options for the Mii if its playable, but as a separate entity with his own unique moveset? No thanks. There are plenty of characters who are more deserving. Besides, Reggie's a real person.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Because there's both the Sal Romano and the RosalinaX leak to consider; both of which have a very real chance of coming true. Not saying you have to believe the two leaks blindly, but only a fool would dismiss either of these leaks entirely.

Of course that's not to say we can't get two or more; I wouldn't be surprised if we got Mewtwo and K. Rool/Dixie. It's not necessarily guarantee either, though.
I dismiss those leaks because of what I believe is in-game evidence against it. So, therefore, I see no reason to think that it's unlikely to get at least two of of those likely character choices.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
The cartoony thing was definitely inspired by the PAON games I always felt.

Anyway, let's do something new. Out of all the 'Original 12', rank who you like most to least

For me:

1) :4dk:
2) :4pikachu:
3) :4link:
4) :4samus:
5) :4yoshi:
6) :ness2:
7) :falcon:
8) :4luigi:
9) :4kirby:
10) :4fox:
11) :4mario:
12) :jigglypuff:
Alrighty.

1. :ness2:
2. :falcon:
3. :samus2:
4. :4link:
5. :4fox:
6. :4luigi:
7. :4mario:
8. :4dk:
9. :4pikachu:
10. :4kirby:
11. :4yoshi:
12. :jigglypuff:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh,top 12 original?

:luigi64: Go Weegee!
:falcon64:
:samus64:
:ness64:
:dk64:
:fox64:
:kirby64:
:pikachu64: Yeah,wasn't very good with Pikachu.
:mario64:
:yoshi64:
:jigglypuff64:

jweb22

Smash Apprentice

Anyway, let's do something new. Out of all the 'Original 12', rank who you like most to least

For me:

1):pikachu2: 2):jigglypuff: 3):kirby2: 4):ness2: 5):falcon: 6):link2: 7):samus2: 8):dk2: 9):fox: 10):luigi2: 11):yoshi2: 12):mario2:

I'm a hardcore Pokemon fan which is why Greninja will be my main if for some reason Isaac gets looked over AGAIN!

Anyways concerning the other stuff...

I think Shadow will return as an Assist Trophy.

I would prefer Dixie over K Rool but it would be great to get them both.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Who I like best out of the original 12?
1.:yoshi64:
2.:falcon64:
3.:kirby64:
4.:luigi64:
5.:pikachu64:
6.:fox64:
7.:dk64:
8.:samus64:
9.:mario64:
10.:link64:
11.:ness64:
12.:jigglypuff64:

I don't see what makes the RosalinaX leak being likely, besides that it's overly safe.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
They always choose the semi-clone over the innovation.

Hey,it's true.
Game Theory.
Dixie could do some thing that would easily differentiate her from Diddy. I just don't really care much for K Rool, but I do like Dixie Kong. I understand that K Rool would bring a lot of unique things which would be a nice addition.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey, it's not.

Take a gander at our roster so far and tell me that again.
Semi-Clone :GCA:'s.

Oh? What's this? No plan for Down B? Might have to "borrow" from Diddy.

EDIT : Before more rants,let's look at Falco.

1.Different :GCA: moves
2.Slightly different :GCB: moves

Is still considered a semi-clone.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

For me:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

No, but seriously:

1) :kirby64:

2) :pikachu64:

3) :yoshi64:

4) :mario64:

5) :ness64:

6) :fox64:

7) :falcon64:

8) :samus64:

9) :luigi64:

10) :jigglypuff64:

11) :link64:

12) :dk64:

Morbi

Scavenger
Original 12: This was the original order that I enjoyed them. Obviously, some changes occurred post-Melee (where Ganondorf incited me to main Captain Falcon).
1. :linkmelee:
2. :jigglypuffmelee:
3. :luigimelee:
4. :foxmelee:
5. :samusmelee:
6. :dkmelee:
7. :mariomelee:
8. :pikachumelee:
9. :kirbymelee:
10. :yoshimelee:
11. :falconmelee:
12. :nessmelee:

D

Deleted member

Heres my original 12:

1 - :foxmelee:
2 - :falconmelee:
3 - :samusmelee:
4 - :kirbymelee:
5 - :luigimelee:
6 - :pikachumelee:
7 - :mariomelee:
8 - :jigglypuffmelee:
9 - :linkmelee:
10 -:nessmelee:
11 - :dkmelee:
12 - :yoshimelee:

Last edited by a moderator:

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Semi-Clone :GCA:'s.

Oh? What's this? No plan for Down B? Might have to "borrow" from Diddy.

EDIT : Before more rants,let's look at Falco.

1.Different :GCA: moves
2.Slightly different :GCB: moves

Is still considered a semi-clone.
Falco:
1. Some different A moves
2. Very slightly different B moves.

Is undeniably a semi-clone, at least. Probably more.
Fox-Falco:
Jab: Different
Forward Tilt: The same
Up tilt: The same
Down tilt: The same with different sound.
Up Smash: The same
Down Smash: The same
Forward Smash: Different
Neutral air: Different
Forward air: Different
Down air: Same idea/animation, different knockback properties
Back air: Basically the same
Up air: Basically the same
Dash attack: The same

Up throw: same
Down throw: Same
Forward throw: Same
Back throw: Same

B: The same with some different properties
Down+B: Same concept, same tool, used slightly differently.
Up B: Same thing, shorter.
Side B: Same thing, shorter, meteor effect.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'll take my top in the original twelve and raise one Brawl and Melee.
:ness64::kirby64::falcon64::link64::luigi64::dk64::samus64::pikachu64::fox64::yoshi64::mario64::jigglypuff64:
:gawmelee::ganondorfmelee::zeldamelee::sheikmelee::mewtwomelee::bowsermelee::peachmelee::marthmelee::icsmelee::roymelee::falcomelee::drmario::younglinkmelee::pichumelee:
:olimar::snake::metaknight::dedede::diddy::pt::rob::warioc::sonic::pit::zerosuitsamus::ike::wolf::lucas::toonlink::lucario:
So far with Smash 4:
:4villager::4megaman::4littlemac::rosalina::4greninja::4wiifit:

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
There's 2 semi-clones. Just 2.

:mewtwomelee: and :snake:

I'm not going to argue semantics, but just because a character or two has similar move animations =/= them being the same move. Fox and Falco's Lasers look similar, function vastly different. As do all counters, reflectors, "energy" ball projectiles, and even generic chargeable sword strikes.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Aaaaaand the deconfirms keep on coming. RIP Wonder Red, I never really supported you but I know the feel of supporting a character with slim chances (Dillon :[ ).

Morbi

Scavenger
There's 2 semi-clones. Just 2.

:mewtwomelee: and :snake:

I'm not going to argue semantics, but just because a character or two has similar move animations =/= them being the same move. Fox and Falco's Lasers look similar, function vastly different. As do all counters, reflectors, "energy" ball projectiles, and even generic chargeable sword strikes.
I am deeply confused. How are either of those characters semi-clones? I feel as though I missed the point of your post, is it supposed to be ironic? I mean, you did assert that you didn't want to argue semantics, but a semi-clone would entail that the character shares half of the move-set. No character in Smash does that currently, so there are no semi-clones in Smash, Falco is the closest.

D

Deleted member

Aaaaaand the deconfirms keep on coming. RIP Wonder Red, I never really supported you but I know the feel of supporting a character with slim chances (Dillon :[ ).
Geez...there seems to be many characters that people wanted to get in gettin deconfirmed lately.

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
I am deeply confused. How are either of those characters semi-clones? I feel as though I missed the point of your post, is it supposed to be ironic? I mean, you did assert that you didn't want to argue semantics, but a semi-clone would entail that the character shares half of the move-set. No character in Smash does that currently, so there are no semi-clones in Smash, Falco is the closest.
Both characters are clones inside their respective series' lore.

Geez...there seems to be many characters that people wanted to get in gettin deconfirmed lately.
I actually take this as a good thing, as it brings us closer and closer to the real roster. =/

D

Deleted member

So how bout that Bayonetta? Think Wonder Red's deconfirmation means anything for her or naw?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Wow, another character bites the dust. Sorry Wonder Red supporters, I'm honestly surprised he's not even an assist trophy.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
Wow, another character bites the dust. Sorry Wonder Red supporters, I'm honestly surprised he's not even an assist trophy.
Yeah, that's what has me shocked. I expected the Wonder Heroes to at least be an Assist Trophy. Well...at least Isaac has one less contender for a spot on the roster.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
So how bout that Bayonetta? Think Wonder Red's deconfirmation means anything for her or naw?

I still think that she's cool yet unlikely. It's e3 or bust, and I presume that Pac-man will be shown at e3. Kinda falls with Ray in the "characters I support but are so unlikely I never bring them up" club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom