• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, but 8 feet tall and lightweight don't mix.
Actually, Rosalina is only about as tall as Mega Mewtwo X, and it's one inch taller than Ganondorf.

Rosalina is not fat, that's the most ridiculous argument I've seen all day
I think her weight placement in the Mario Kart titles is the reason for that statement. The thing is though, Rosalina is in the same league as Waluigi in that both are tall and thin, separating them from the likes of Donkey Kong, Wario, and Bowser.

D

Deleted member

Don't Bowser's Feet grow a bit for his side smash? That would be terrifying on mah gigga.
I believe so.
Growing feet + longer legs + bigger body = borken.

Ironically, Marth is also tall and light, just like Mewtwo, but he's been one of the best contenders in the Smash Bros. series.
It also helps that Marth has much higher fall speed while Mewtwo has one of the lowest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I like tail poking Mewtwo from Project M but I do not like Mewtwo in general beyond his teleports.

Which Greninja has. I don't need Mewtwo. Hooray for teleports. /bison main

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Ironically, Marth is also tall and light, just like Mewtwo, but he's been one of the best contenders in the Smash Bros. series.
Mewtwo was way too floaty and lacked a good enough air game to back up the time he had to spend in the air though.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It didn't help he was a prety big target as well. Probably the easiest character to kill in Melee.

He also lacked decent approach and good KO moves beyond his amazing grab game.

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Designing Mewtwo is practically self-explanatory.

-Buff Strength and KO potential
-Add in new moves
-Improve weight and fall speed, but don't make him too heavy
-Speed should stay mediocre to balance out heavy amounts of power.

For a better example...I'll just leave this here:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I believe we are only getting up to 5 more new comers, and I think I've decided who I want.
Palutena
King k rool
A redone or evolved Mewtwo
Ridley
Simon Belmont

Ridley and Simon probably not happening, but those would be my picks.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'd be very disappointed if those were truly the last newcomers. I mean, I have different taste but I think we'll see more.
I'm cool with it because it's got a Rhythm Heaven character.

Lil Mac was my only wanted newcomer until the leak came along anyway, I get hyped for newcomers after their reveals, not before except for rare cases. Those being characters that I really want.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'm cool with it because it's got a Rhythm Heaven character.

Lil Mac was my only wanted newcomer until the leak came along anyway, I get hyped for newcomers after their reveals, not before except for rare cases. Those being characters that I really want.
I have no knowledge about Rhythm Heaven. So seeing a character from that won't really hype me. I'd just find it odd that DK wouldn't get a newcomer.
The only series I've played in that list is Pac Man. . . Well, and the first Kid Icarus.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I'd be very disappointed if those were truly the last newcomers. I mean, I have different taste but I think we'll see more.
I agree, pacman chorus kids and chrom don't really interest me.

Specifically chrom cuz I just don't see what he will bring to the series that Marth Roy and Ike have not already brought.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Not expecting any Wario and F-Zero reps and that sucks. :/
I have no knowledge about Rhythm Heaven. So seeing a character from that won't really hype me. I'd just find it odd that DK wouldn't get a newcomer.
The only series I've played in that list is Pac Man. . . Well, and the first Kid Icarus.
I think DKC is perfect at 2, except maybe the lack of Dixie. Though if we're talking DK wholescale I honestly think arcade DK deserves a rep more than DKC right now. I hate seeing arcade DK neglected like this.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Not expecting any Wario and F-Zero reps and that sucks. :/

I think DKC is perfect at 2, except maybe the lack of Dixie. Though if we're talking DK wholescale I honestly think arcade DK deserves a rep more than DKC right now. I hate seeing arcade DK neglected like this.
I think people could argue that DK deserves 4 reps, but I think 3 would be adequate for this installment.

I' d actually think the DK franchise would be best represented with DK, Diddy, K. Rool and Dixie.
This is what I'm hoping for, but I seriously doubt it. Most people forget that it's possible for a series to receive more than one newcomer in the same installment, look at Kirby in Brawl.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I think people could argue that DK deserves 4 reps, but I think 3 would be adequate for this installment.

This is what I'm hoping for, but I seriously doubt it. Most people forget that it's possible for a series to receive more than one newcomer in the same installment, look at Kirby in Brawl.
Or Zelda AND Mario in melee. Seriously, look:
Before:
:mariomelee::luigimelee:
:linkmelee:
After:
:mariomelee::luigimelee::bowsermelee::peachmelee:(:drmario:)
:linkmelee::zeldamelee::sheikmelee::younglinkmelee::ganondorfmelee:
If a series can go from 2 to 4 1/2 or 1 to 5, I think DK could go from 2 to 4. Yet it is unlikely, and if a series was to get multiple characters this installment, my bet would be on Kid Icarus.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
DK having four characters would probably be ideal as far as covering the series, but I agree three would be perfectly adequate as well. At this point I don't really see getting more than a single DK newcomer though.

D

Deleted member

I' d actually think the DK franchise would be best represented with DK, Diddy, K. Rool and Dixie.
This right here is perfect. I'd still be content if it was just K. Rool, but both deserve to be in. I'll be very disappointed if we don't see a DK newcomer this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom