• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
He can simply transforms only during his attacks, not difficult to do. :p
I don't know, changing forms could be tricky, I'm not a programmer but I know it will be a pain in an a** to program it on the 3DS. I do realise Kirby changes form in a move but I feel it might be reduced to one form because of the 3DS. They already change Dedede's minion throw and that doesn't even include the main character changing form. It just seems that Prince Sable is incredibly unlikely.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Honestly, I would say King K. Rool, Ridley and Pac-Man should be announced at E3. Build some hype right before the games release

The rest of the characters shouldn't be announced: let them be a surprise

So 33 announced characters with 17 hidden characters:

My guess for who they would be
  1. Captain Falcon
  2. Ness
  3. Snake
  4. Chrom
  5. Shulk
  6. Mr. Game and Watch
  7. R.O.B.
  8. Ice Climbers
  9. Meta Knight
  10. Wario
  11. Chibi-Robo (would make a great "Sakurai does what Sakurai pleases" character)
  12. Takamara
  13. Pauleta
  14. Wolf
  15. Mewtwo
  16. Chorus Men (same as Chibi Robo)
  17. Issac
Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Falco, Lucas and Ike do not return (I suppose all of them except Squirt and Ivy could return, but 54 seems like an odd number)...

Later on, I could see the following characters being downloadables that you can buy for 100-300 Wii U Points:
  1. Jigglypuff
  2. Falco
  3. Krystal (more girl representation)
  4. Lucas
  5. Ike
  6. Lyn (I'd prefer her over Roy since the game needs more female characters)
  7. Plusle and Minun
  8. Dixie Kong
  9. Mii
  10. Ghiralam
Bringing the total to about 60. I can see Sakurai waiting a good 7-10 years before the next one, so that would be satisfactory IMO
I notice this is your first post. Welcome to the community!

I see you're expecting the Sal leak with the chorus men in there.

Anyways, I would switch around Falco and Wolf, as I believe Falco, has a little more superiority over Wolf, not by much, though, but it's there. As he would be easier to develop and was around since Melee.

I wouldn't expect 3 WTF newcomers in the same game. So I'd would say exclude either Chibi-robo, or Chorus Men.

I would also give more reasoning to why you added Krystal and Lyn, besides more females, as most people here on the boards don't consider that a valid reason.

I would also switch around Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. Jigglypuff is a character that Sakurai has stated to be the one of the easiest to implement, it also helps she was around since the original.

This one is more of a personal preference, but I would switch around Ike and Chrom.

Other than that your prediction is great, I would put it as a 8/10, in my books.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I would say King K. Rool, Ridley and Pac-Man should be announced at E3. Build some hype right before the games release
We are going to get Mii's at E3, so unless we get more than three newcomers, one of K. Rool and Ridley won't show up there (probably not both). Most likely, it will be Palutena, Mii and Pac-Man, as predictable as that may be.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm expecting quite a bit from E3, honestly.
Sakurai got the major "surprises" out of the way in my eyes, leaving room for hype builders at E3.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Sakurai got the major "surprises" out of the way in my eyes, leaving room for hype builders at E3.
TBH, I've said it before, but I wouldn't be surprised if the final roster was revealed at E3. Hype builders need to be there more than ever, especially because Nintendo is the first conference to go and they need to at least make the Wii U break even.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Mewtwo alone is popular enough to be a hype builder among the heavily requested characters. Characters like Pac-Man, Snake, Miis (as lame as they are) and several unconfirmed characters like Meta Knight and Wario can nicely round off E3. You get hype and you don't spoil any unlockable characters, whilst keeping far more newcomers secret than in Brawl.

Watch us get someone lame like the Chorus Men. -_-

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Watch us get someone lame like the Miis. -_-
Fixed for you.

Chrous Men aren't lame at all. They're more interesting than about 3/4 of the character recommendations thrown around here.
Just because you don't expect a character doesn't mean they are "stupid" or "lame".
Go cry when your roster is incorrect, I don't care.
The Sal leak could be fake, but I'm tired of people bashing on it because they dislike the characters.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
A lineup of Palutena, Pac-Man and Mii revealed at E3 would be pretty boring, even if I do support two of those characters. For some reason I don't see Palutena especially creating much hype, even if she is an awesome character, I don't know why, maybe that's just me. I just think she works better as a secret addition. I feel like they need to show someone like Ridley, K. Rool or Mewtwo, or someone really unexpected, to make it a blast. Not long till we'll see though!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Though unexpected, I really liked the idea of the Chorus Men when I first saw the Sal leak. I've wanted a rhythm-based fighter for a long time (though my character of choice for this was Tempo), so seeing one appear on an incredibly-credible leak was a pleasant surprise. I'm fully loving the idea of the Chorus Men. :p

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Fixed for you.

Chrous Men aren't lame at all. They're more interesting than about 3/4 of the character recommendations thrown around here.
Just because you don't expect a character doesn't mean they are "stupid" or "lame".
Go cry when your roster is incorrect, I don't care.
The Sal leak could be fake, but I'm tired of people bashing on it because they dislike the characters.
I'm not calling them lame because I didn't expect them, I'm calling them lame because I don't find them inherently interesting. There's no need to get personal. It's just an opinion about a fictional character.

You did not just go there.
I believe I did.:p

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I like the idea of the Chorus Men, and would like to see them in, but I rather them not be in, just for the sake of not having Chrom or Miis be playable.
Would Chrom really bother you that much? :p

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
TBH, I want another a character like Rosalina or Greninja. If we only get characters like King K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Palutena and all that jazz, I would be happy but it would be boring.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Though unexpected, I really liked the idea of the Chorus Men when I first saw the Sal leak. I've wanted a rhythm-based fighter for a long time (though my character of choice for this was Tempo), so seeing one appear on an incredibly-credible leak was a pleasant surprise. I'm fully loving the idea of the Chorus Men. :p
Don't get too attached to the idea. If the leak ends up being false, then there's almost no way the Chorus Men will get in.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Would Chrom really bother you that much? :p
It'd bother me if he was the only FE newcomer, and it would really bother me if he replaced Ike, however on the off chance that we keep Ike and have another FE newcomer, I would be fine with Chrom, although I can understand why one would support him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Don't get too attached to the idea. If the leak ends up being false, then there's almost no way the Chorus Men will get in.
I fully aware that if it's false they'll never get in, haha. It's just the leak has so much going for it that it's hard to think it's false at this point, in my opinion. But that's probably better suited for another thread. :p

It'd bother me if he was the only FE newcomer, and it would really bother me if he replaced Ike, however on the off chance that we keep Ike and have another FE newcomer, I would be fine with Chrom, although I can understand why one would support him.
Fair enough. Though, to be honest, I wouldn't worry too much about Ike. He's really important to Fire Emblem over all, and I highly doubt we'd only get two Fire Emblem characters this time around when it's a thirteen game series with tons of characters, especially considering Sakurai's a major Fire Emblem fan. So yeah, I think Ike's definitely safe.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
1. Ghirahim still stands a chance, he has nothing against him so far
2. And again, How do you know Sakurai can't simply ask Eiji if Ghirahim is gonna be in another zelda because he wants to add him in another zelda game?
3. We don't need a completely unknown series either, pretty sure that casual gamers would give a **** if the series they don't even know it exists, What can I say? Tingle is indeed hated in the western while Ghirahim is liked in both America and Japan, it would make more sense to add him
4. We already getting 4 new series at least, we are probably getting other 4 new series at the least, there you have your diversity
1. With nothing major supporting him, it'd kinda feel like he was forced in, which I ain't cool with.

2. Wants to? I can't, but again, that would be based on bare speculation. WE are the speculators. The developers really shouldn't take those risks for reasons I already explained.

3. completely unknown? Those aren't what I'm suggesting. I suggesting that series like Golden Sun, Xenoblade, and others should take priority. Tingle fanbases as a whole are all over. The size varies, yes, but I still insist that America's is heavily underestimated because of his games being denied. Moreover, you have yet to source that Zelda is a more Western series.

4. You make Sakurai sound like he really want to add to the main series further, but needs to fill in those pesky misc. slots first. I really don't think he works like that.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Mewtwo alone is popular enough to be a hype builder among the heavily requested characters. Characters like Pac-Man, Snake, Miis (as lame as they are) and several unconfirmed characters like Meta Knight and Wario can nicely round off E3. You get hype and you don't spoil any unlockable characters, whilst keeping far more newcomers secret than in Brawl.

Watch us get someone lame like the Chorus Men. -_-
I don't like the idea of the Chorus Men, because they seem like an ass to use in casual play. There are no characters that are only useful in casual, or competitive, but can be used in both. Chorus Men seem like a bad idea for a Rhythm Heaven rep, if we were to get one (but Sakurai might skip the series because it has nowhere near the staying power of Pikmin or Punch-Out), it's probably be Marshall alone, which I could dig. Plus, if Sakurai is having problems with the two Ice Climbers, I can't imagine the stress he would go through with the Chorus Men.

mahnamahna

Smash Cadet
I notice this is your first post. Welcome to the community!

I see you're expecting the Sal leak with the chorus men in there.

Anyways, I would switch around Falco and Wolf, as I believe Falco, has a little more superiority over Wolf, not by much, though, but it's there. As he would be easier to develop and was around since Melee.

I wouldn't expect 3 WTF newcomers in the same game. So I'd would say exclude either Chibi-robo, or Chorus Men.

I would also give more reasoning to why you added Krystal and Lyn, besides more females, as most people here on the boards don't consider that a valid reason.

I would also switch around Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. Jigglypuff is a character that Sakurai has stated to be the one of the easiest to implement, it also helps she was around since the original.

This one is more of a personal preference, but I would switch around Ike and Chrom.

Other than that your prediction is great, I would put it as a 8/10, in my books.
I put in Chorus Men just because they seem like pretty unique. And thanks! Been a long-time lurker.

Krystal and Lyn could be more agile than the males from their franchise so they wouldn't be clones. Plus they'd be DLC rather than characters from the very start.

Mewtwo would be a nice way to hype the DLC, so that makes sense.

I suppose this would make more sense for a roster:

29 currently announced -
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Yoshi
  4. Fox
  5. Pikachu
  6. Bowser
  7. Peach
  8. Zelda
  9. Link
  10. Kirby
  11. King Dedede
  12. Charizard
  13. Greninja
  14. Wii Fit Trainer
  15. Samus
  16. Zero Suit Samus
  17. Sheik
  18. Villager
  19. Sonic
  20. Megaman
  21. Little Mac
  22. Rosalina and Luma
  23. Donkey Kong
  24. Diddy Kong
  25. Marth
  26. Lucario
  27. Toon Link
  28. Pit
  29. Olimar
3 announced at E3 -
  1. Pauleta: highly anticipated entry from Kid Icarus, plenty of unique move possiblities
  2. Mii: since everyone thinks it's going to be announced, personally this would make more sense as DLC.
  3. Pac-Man: well known 3rd party character, gives Namco a reason to help design the game
14 unlockable/unannounced veterans (46) -
  1. Captain Falcon
  2. Ness
  3. Lucas
  4. Ike
  5. R.O.B.
  6. Mr. Game and Watch
  7. Jigglypuff
  8. Wario
  9. Meta Knight
  10. Falco
  11. Snake
  12. Mewtwo
  13. Ice Climbers
  14. Wolf
9 unlockable/unannounced newcomers (55) -
  1. Chrom - new Fire Emblem entry
  2. Shulk - new franchise (Xenoblade)
  3. Ridley - highly anticipated Metroid character, would get fans excited
  4. Takamara - semi-retro character featured in Nintendo-Land, could counter Greninja
  5. Issac - new franchise (Golden Sun)
  6. Mach Rider - retro entry that Sakurai hinted at
  7. Chibi-Robo - the major ? from Sakurai
  8. King K. Rool - new Donkey Kong entry
  9. Chorus Men - new franchise (Rhythm Heavens), provides unique moveset
5 DLC characters (60) -
  1. Ghiralham (Zelda) - gives Zelda a new character
  2. Krystal (Star Fox) - more agile, could do flips and such, along with female representation
  3. Dixie Kong (DK) - could easily be a unique version of Diddy, along with female representation
  4. Paper Mario (Mario) - although I'd prefer King Boo
  5. Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing) - just for the lulz :teemo: :yeahboi:

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I fully aware that if it's false they'll never get in, haha. It's just the leak has so much going for it that it's hard to think it's false at this point, in my opinion. But that's probably better suited for another thread. :p

Fair enough. Though, to be honest, I wouldn't worry too much about Ike. He's really important to Fire Emblem over all, and I highly doubt we'd only get two Fire Emblem characters this time around when it's a thirteen game series with tons of characters, especially considering Sakurai's a major Fire Emblem fan. So yeah, I think Ike's definitely safe.
Well, it's easy for me to think it's false, since I believe there is some compelling evidence that Miis won't get in, which would debunk that leak. But no one really agrees with me on that...

But you're right, this sort of discussion isn't exactly suited for here.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ mahnamahna mahnamahna
I would reccomend adding Mewtwo to the immediate roster, along with Jigglypuff.
It'd be weird having either as DLC, not to mention that Pokemon did have 6 characters in Brawl.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
1. With nothing major supporting him, it'd kinda feel like he was forced in, which I ain't cool with.

2. Wants to? I can't, but again, that would be based on bare speculation. WE are the speculators. The developers really shouldn't take those risks for reasons I already explained.

3. completely unknown? Those aren't what I'm suggesting. I suggesting that series like Golden Sun, Xenoblade, and others should take priority. Tingle fanbases as a whole are all over. The size varies, yes, but I still insist that America's is heavily underestimated because of his games being denied. Moreover, you have yet to source that Zelda is a more Western series.

4. You make Sakurai sound like he really want to add to the main series further, but needs to fill in those pesky misc. slots first. I really don't think he works like that.
1. To be fair, few characters have something support them, only mewtwo, ridley, Palutena and king k rool have something that is a direct hint that they might appear
2. Sorry, I wanted to say "considering him for smash"
3. Dude, we are already getting at least 6 new series, Why should they take priority anyway?
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/t...n-japan-but-its-not-great-either#.U2Z32_l5NqU
SS sold better in the western than in japan http://www.zeldauniverse.net/2011/12/30/japan-shows-less-love-for-skyward-sword-than-the-west/
Something similar happened with TP, Zelda is more succesful in America than in Japan
4. Nobody knows how Sakurai works, he is adding the characters he wants and I highly doubt he cares about which series deserve to have a rep in the game

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I put in Chorus Men just because they seem like pretty unique. And thanks! Been a long-time lurker.

Krystal and Lyn could be more agile than the males from their franchise so they wouldn't be clones. Plus they'd be DLC rather than characters from the very start.

Mewtwo would be a nice way to hype the DLC, so that makes sense.

I suppose this would make more sense for a roster:

29 currently announced -
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Yoshi
  4. Fox
  5. Pikachu
  6. Bowser
  7. Peach
  8. Zelda
  9. Link
  10. Kirby
  11. King Dedede
  12. Charizard
  13. Greninja
  14. Wii Fit Trainer
  15. Samus
  16. Zero Suit Samus
  17. Sheik
  18. Villager
  19. Sonic
  20. Megaman
  21. Little Mac
  22. Rosalina and Luma
  23. Donkey Kong
  24. Diddy Kong
  25. Marth
  26. Lucario
  27. Toon Link
  28. Pit
  29. Olimar
3 announced at E3 -
  1. Pauleta: highly anticipated entry from Kid Icarus, plenty of unique move possiblities
  2. Mii: since everyone thinks it's going to be announced, personally this would make more sense as DLC.
  3. Pac-Man: well known 3rd party character, gives Namco a reason to help design the game
11 unlockable/unannounced veterans (43) -
  1. Captain Falcon
  2. Ness
  3. Lucas
  4. Ike
  5. R.O.B.
  6. Mr. Game and Watch
  7. Jigglypuff
  8. Wario
  9. Meta Knight
  10. Falco
  11. Snake
9 unlockable/unannounced newcomers (52) -
  1. Chrom - new Fire Emblem entry
  2. Shulk - new franchise (Xenoblade)
  3. Ridley - highly anticipated Metroid character, would get fans excited
  4. Takamara - semi-retro character featured in Nintendo-Land, could counter Greninja
  5. Issac - new franchise (Golden Sun)
  6. Mach Rider - retro entry that Sakurai hinted at
  7. Chibi-Robo - the major ? from Sakurai
  8. King K. Rool - new Donkey Kong entry
  9. Chorus Men - new franchise (Rhythm Heavens), provides unique moveset
8 DLC characters (60) -
  1. Mewtwo (Pokemon) - highly popular, provides hype for DLC
  2. Ghiralham (Zelda) - gives Zelda a new character
  3. Wolf (Star Fox) - being a veteran makes it easy to add him as DLC
  4. Krystal (Star Fox) - more agile, could do flips and such, along with female representation
  5. Dixie Kong (DK) - could easily be a unique version of Diddy, along with female representation
  6. Bomberman - a retro character that could be a nice addition
  7. Andy (Advance Wars) - give the GBA some representation
  8. Mr. Resetti/Tom Nook (Animal Crossing) - just for the lulz :teemo: :yeahboi:
You...cut the Ice Climbers?

mahnamahna

Smash Cadet
@ mahnamahna mahnamahna
I would reccomend adding Mewtwo to the immediate roster, along with Jigglypuff.
It'd be weird having either as DLC, not to mention that Pokemon did have 6 characters in Brawl.
I suppose you're right... Mewtwo as an unlockable veteran, and Chorus Men as DLC makes more sense

You...cut the Ice Climbers?
Woops lol... I didn't mean to do that! Fixing it right now

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
8 DLC characters (60) -
  1. Mewtwo (Pokemon) - highly popular, provides hype for DLC
  2. Ghiralham (Zelda) - gives Zelda a new character
  3. Wolf (Star Fox) - being a veteran makes it easy to add him as DLC
  4. Krystal (Star Fox) - more agile, could do flips and such, along with female representation
  5. Dixie Kong (DK) - could easily be a unique version of Diddy, along with female representation
  6. Bomberman - a retro character that could be a nice addition
  7. Andy (Advance Wars) - give the GBA some representation
  8. Mr. Resetti/Tom Nook (Animal Crossing) - just for the lulz :teemo: :yeahboi:
I'd add a Mario DLC character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I suppose you're right... Mewtwo as an unlockable veteran, and Chorus Men as DLC makes more sense

Woops lol... I didn't mean to do that! Fixing it right now
I figured it was just an oversight, but I just wanted to be sure.

Also, don't double post. ;)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Which one?

Paper Mario and King Boo are the only ones unique enough for this time (Bowser Jr. and Toad can come SSB5)

I'd pick King Boo since I don't like doubles of characters, but Paper Mario would be cool
I personally think Bowser Jr., Toad, and Paper Mario would be the best choices.
I do like King Boo but I think he'd make a fantastic boss character on a Luigi's Mansion stage.
Or assist trophy.

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Which one?

Paper Mario and King Boo are the only ones unique enough for this time (Bowser Jr. and Toad can come SSB5)

I'd pick King Boo since I don't like doubles of characters, but Paper Mario would be cool
*cough* Petey Piranha *cough*

I mean, he's already had a more important role in Smash than any other potential Mario newcomer except maybe Toad. :b:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Let's face it, the Mario DLC character will be Gold Mario. :troll:

I kinda doubt we're getting DLC, though. I feel Pokémon is the prime series for DLC characters, due to the cuts it has faced.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
After Mariokart is released, Nintendo has to push, push, push Smash Brothers. 3DS comes out in the summer, so a full roster or nearly full roster can be shown off beforehand.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Popular retros are usually the ones the most talked about, mainly Takamaru and Lip. Pretty simple
The Color Game TV was an example of how far Sakurai can go in terms of obscurity.
I don't think Pong is obscure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom