• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know Japan likes him, but I've heard that they aren't quite so optimistic with him being playable in Smash, however I could be completely wrong about this.
Wherever they might land on his chances, he's still the most requested from the series.

As for him being the only Zelda character with a sub-series, wouldn't that just count for him being a spin-off character like Yoshi and Wario?
He could be either I suppose, I'm just saying having a sub-series is a big deal... Yoshi and Wario are big deals in the Marioverse.

As for the Assist Trophy Massacre, I think that Majora not using the moon as part of his attack and the return of Melee stages could mean that Termina Bay will return.
That is just speculation though. And it's not like a stage couldn't be tweaked for the sake of a character... I'm sure Alfonzo wouldn't mind Tingle leaving floating around to him while he joins the fight. :troll:

As for the remake, I'll let that pass, since I use it for Vaati all the time.
Vaati hasn't been in any remakes, Vaati was in a glorified re-release.

Also, doesn't Zelda not sell quite so well in Japan, but better in the rest of the world? Wouldn't it make more since to add a character the West doesn't dislike?
You'd think that, but then why did they choose to remake the Zelda title that appealed to Japan the most? Zelda isn't at Metroid or Punch-Out levels of bias, Japan still likes the Zeldas Tingle hails from. If there was another Zelda character who had all Tingle has in his favour, but was adored by all regions, sure, by all means include him over Tingle... but there isn't.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
INB4 what happened with Mario and Pokemon: one of the ones we don't look at will be chosen anyways.

like ****ing Ravio or sumthin
I don't think Zelda has a Rosalina though. People don't show up over and over again much. But her choice was rather left field, but she was still on the radar I suppose.

And idk about you but I was saying Gren/Braix/Ches this entire time. I just didn't expect Greninja solo

Actually, we haven't seen a DK AT yet. I wonder what's up with that?
I bet it's going to be Cranky

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Out of curiosity, why is it that Tetra isn't brought up that much as a possibility? She's important, relevant, fairly popular as a character, and being a pirate offers up some unique possibilities for a move set.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't think Zelda has a Rosalina though. People don't show up over and over again much. But her choice was rather left field, but she was still on the radar I suppose.
This is a good point.

Rosalina got in. She was promoted, but comparatively, she wasn't nearly as prominent. Besides, she got in because of Super Mario Galaxy, in my opinion.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Midna had showed up in another game she could've been seen as Zelda's Rosalina imo.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Out of curiosity, why is it that Tetra isn't brought up that much as a possibility? She's important, relevant, fairly popular as a character, and being a pirate offers up some unique possibilities for a move set.
I've seen Tetra being brought up a lot actually.

I personally feel Ganon is the more under suggested Zelda newcomer, but that's just me really. :/

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What is the possibility that Snake will return?
I'm not sure, I don't even know what to think of him at this point of time. I'd love to see him back, but something tells me he will probably not... Guess I'll have to wait for E3 at least... :/

And like N3ON, said they will probably make him pull a "Kept ya waiting, huh?" line by then.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Probably because she appeared in one game and will never appear again.
What is the possibility that Snake will return?
1%

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Probably because she appeared in one game and will never appear again.
Two and a few cameo's and mentions in one to be precise. (And a remake too depending on its timing) They might pull a Sheik with her, or Sheik may have just been lucky since she has carried seniority for so long... :/

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Probably because she appeared in one game and will never appear again.1%
...You mean she appeared in two games, was referenced frequently in a third, and reappeared in a remake of her debut game, which was very well received. She also had her own minigame in another installment.

You sure you aren't talking about Ghirahim/Midna/Skull Kid?

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
We should have a new Zelda character because reasons and we need to match up with the Mario and Pokemon series.

TOON TOON LINK IS BEST DIGIMON SHUT UP.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
...You mean she appeared in two games, was referenced frequently in a third, and reappeared in a remake of her debut game, which was very well received. She also had her own minigame in another installment.

You sure you aren't talking about Ghirahim/Midna/Skull Kid?
Skull Kid: Appeared in four games.

Midna: Appeared in one game.

Ghirahim: Appeared in one game.

Tetra: Appeared in four games.

Vaati: Appeared in three games.

Twinrova: Appeared in four games.

I know you didn't ask for this, I just wanted to add to it.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
We should have a new Zelda character because reasons and we need to match up with the Mario and Pokemon series.
That's exactly the mentally Sakurai must have had when he planned Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik in Brawl!:p

Prepare yourself!:troll:

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Wherever they might land on his chances, he's still the most requested from the series.
According to Chronobound's old topic, it's actually Ghirahim, Tingle doesn't get as many.

Having said that, that was some time ago so there could be some changes now.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Why are we advocating for Sixth Zelda Rep? Didn't you all know that if any series has a single slot more than Mario, puppies die?!?!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Skull Kid: Appeared in four games.

Midna: Appeared in one game.

Ghirahim: Appeared in one game.

Tetra: Appeared in four games.

Vaati: Appeared in three games.

Twinrova: Appeared in four games.

I know you didn't ask for this, I just wanted to add to it.
Four games? Which ones are you referring to? And what Skull Kid are you referring to? I think the one people have in mind when thinking of that is the one from Majora's Mask, and he only really appeared in two games (I guess that's debatable, though), as far as I was aware.

@ BKupa666 BKupa666

I don't think it's puppies that die. I think it's cats. Big, purple, mutated, psychic cats.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Isn't a remake a glorified re-release though? I don't see the difference.
You're right, but one is much more glorified than the other, to the extent that remakes usually get much more attention from Nintendo, and treated almost as if they're a new game, which in turn would likely give content from that remake better odds of getting some spotlight over a fixed-up version of the original.

Basically it comes down to how Nintendo treats them, and remakes tend to get a lot more love than re-releases.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Four games? Which ones are you referring to? And what Skull Kid are you referring to? I think the one people have in mind when thinking of that is the one from Majora's Mask, and he only really appeared in two games (I guess that's debatable, though), as far as I was aware.
It doesn't matter whether or not they are the same version. It's still the same character with the same name.

They are

Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess.

I counted remakes as individual games.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Why are we advocating for Sixth Zelda Rep? Didn't you all know that if any series has a single slot more than Mario, puppies die?!?!
I guess Bowser Jr is also back in the running.

or all 7 koopalings. whichever comes first.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You're right, but one is much more glorified than the other, to the extent that remakes usually get much more attention from Nintendo, and treated almost as if they're a new game, which in turn would likely give content from that remake better odds of getting some spotlight over a fixed-up version of the original.

Basically it comes down to how Nintendo treats them, and remakes tend to get a lot more love than re-releases.
Four Swords anniversary was a pretty big overhaul with single player and all.
But I agree with you Remakes get a lot more attention from Nintendo and the gaming community.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
According to Chronobound's old topic, it's actually Ghirahim, Tingle doesn't get as many.

Having said that, that was some time ago so there could be some changes now.
It was Ghirahim during the period Chrono was looking, which was at the peak of his popularity. If it cooled off quickly here, imagine how fast it did over where SS wasn't even super popular...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've said this a lot in multiple threads but i hope that no existing IP gets another rep.
I'm hoping that un-represented IP's characters get in.
These are my most wanted characters:
Takamaru
Isaac
Shulk
Wonder-Red
None of these have been represented before and they can all be incredibly unique and add a new feel to Smash.
Yes, yes I know characters like Tingle can also be incredibly unique but the Zelda IP and Mario IP or (characters related to them) are about to reach IMO over representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom